Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's talk about vehicles and what they should do if/when they get in game

2...Next

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Sounds like good ideas, but without qn open world to drive in from place to place, with only loading screens, cars would just be yard art, stuck in the driveway or garage all the time.

One of the great joys in sims 3 and zi think soms2, is having cars including a junker to work on for mechanical skill, and so motorcycles.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I would like one of these, please. Would be lovely to be able to tinker on them, and maybe even have a race track or neighbourhood we could race them or do drifting competitions.

1200-GT834-FORD-MUSTANG-SHELBY-GT500-25-1050x700.jpg
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I just wanna be able to drive the darned thing. :) Getting tired of grabbing taxis and walking all the time.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Sounds like good ideas, but without qn open world to drive in from place to place, with only loading screens, cars would just be yard art, stuck in the driveway or garage all the time.

One of the great joys in sims 3 and zi think soms2, is having cars including a junker to work on for mechanical skill, and so motorcycles.

We had loading screens in Sims 2 while having cars that's why I came up with ideas for gameplay for cars not to be stuck.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I would like one of these, please. Would be lovely to be able to tinker on them, and maybe even have a race track or neighbourhood we could race them or do drifting competitions.

1200-GT834-FORD-MUSTANG-SHELBY-GT500-25-1050x700.jpg

Racing with a chance of police coming what's a street race without the 5 0 lol.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited September 2021
    Sims2 ,
    Bustin' Out,
    Urbz
    (motorcycle race and taking apart motorcycles)

none of these have open world and people enjoyed cars and motorcycles all fine

we just have to expand with racing tracks and on lot gameplay like building/tuning/fixing, romancing, hanging out, annoying neighbors with loud car music and parties, drive in thingies...

and let sims drive in neighborhoods where there is actual driving roads

+ we could have motorcycle race track show up for any long street in the world like a festival thing

+ we could have world where sims can drive everywhere and there be some bigger race tracks for the cars

not whole world needs to be open to enjoy some cars and motorcycles
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Sims2 ,
    Bustin' Out,
    Urbz
    (motorcycle race and taking apart motorcycles)

none of these have open world and people enjoyed cars and motorcycles all fine

we just have to expand with racing tracks and on lot gameplay like building/tuning/fixing, romancing, hanging out, annoying neighbors with loud car music and parties, drive in thingies...

and let sims drive in neighborhoods where there is actual driving roads

+ we could have motorcycle race track show up for any long street in the world like a festival thing

+ we could have world where sims can drive everywhere and there be some bigger race tracks for the cars

not whole world needs to be open to enjoy some cars and motorcycles

That would cool to have a drivable world.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited September 2021
    also btw we should definitely have helicopters

and those for one are very simple to add need 0 new routing

+ its just weird when there is rocketships and star wars whatever ships and brooms and saucers and all rising up to the sky and disappearing meanwhile the obvious, helicopter, is left out.

dang it can't my landgraabs have a functional helicopter
    do they need to go all the way to space for work
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I 2nd the idea for the helicopter.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    A Nobe pack would be great!

Nobe are an Estonian EV company, with a retro aesthetic.

d99bd4e10b83fe70095b4ffb5ca4cc9c.png?ar=16%3A9&auto=format&fit=crop&q=65&w=1280
    Nobe3.jpg?fit=700%2C330&ssl=1
    Nobe-N600-van.jpg
    Nobe-500-lineup-wide.jpg
    ie1pjrzfroef7gjgmpvy.jpg

And parking can be a space saver.
    nobe-100-the-tiny-three-wheel-ev-that-simply-oozes-sophistication-thumbnail_15.jpg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    edited October 2021
    Okay. I like vehicles. I have two oldies, an EV and a vintage Vespa of my own. However, if we’re going to do cars, I hope they have their own gameplay and don’t necessarily intrude on all of the existing worlds. I don’t want traffic in Glimmerbrook, HOB or Sulani, for example. Some worlds are best left un-modernized.

But if we’re going that direction, I propose we go all out with a “Planes, Trains and Automobiles” travel pack dedicated to the wonders of modern transportation. The world can take its cues from Route 66 and come complete with an airport, an Art Deco train station, a Drive In Theater, an RV park, a Drive In diner, a Drag Strip and a garage. Throw in related careers (pilot, mechanic, engineer) plus hobby skills for tinkering, train spotting, etc. CAS can reflect modern air and car travel but also motorcycle and retro 50’s styles (I know they sort of did rockabilly in the Bowling pack, but hot rods definitely need that style).

As an additional related bonus you could coordinate this pack with a vacation pack by having air travel and a port with a cruise ship that leaves this world for a destination world where we can build resorts/hotels for our travelers and help them plan vacation activities. Hotel manager and travel agent careers added.

I’d like that. But I’d still rather we did all that without putting traffic and condo rentals in Sulani.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I never played with the cars in Sims 2 (but now I may have to after writing and posting this LOL), but if we did have them back in the game, it would have to be with a pack similar to FreeTime from Sims 2 (one of my other favorite packs from that series due to the hobbies and hobby enthusiasm). This pack included actions like talking about hobbies, browsing the web for hobby sites, blogging about hobbies, visiting hobby community lots (unlocked with appropriate hobby enthusiasm levels) and being in the Zone when doing hobby related actions (enthusiasm level 10). Being In The Hobby Zone was a major Want for most Sims in Sims 2. It awarded Sims with major Aspiration and Influence Points when achieved, along with a special glow around your Sim when they were In The Zone related to their hobby.

I never played with the Tinkering hobby past studying the Mechanical skill. I remember the pack gave us the ability to buy, repair, and upgrade cars. You could also install alarms on them. You could also drive them to work instead of walking or taking the car pool. I don't remember if you could drive them to community lots. There was also the WooHoo interaction.

I never managed to get my Sims up to a career level where they had the Helicopter as a carpool vehicle due to the fact that I cannot stand the loud sound of the helicopter in the loading video of the Sims 2 UC or the game itself. This has nothing to do with the game. I have mild sensory issues due to my Hydrocephalus and shunt. It would be fun to have it back in the game with a toggle to turn the sound on and off. I don't remember vehicles having a sound toggle in the Options. I will have to look when I load the Sims 2 UC again later today.

As far as clothing options go, there was a Diesel SP in Sims 3 that gave us clothes that went along with having vehicles in the game. I did dress my Sims in some of the outfits so it would be fun to have those back to go with the vehicles.

So in conclusion, a FreeTime hobby EP (from Sims 2), along with Diesel themed clothing (from Sims 3), and a base game update to add carpools to fully flesh out gameplay would be my request for adding vehicles and other related items to the game.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited November 2021
    The problem is that from the beginning, TS2 and TS3 had cars; and routing and neighborhoods/worlds were designed for them. Even though TS2 did not have ownable/driveable cars in the base game (added with Freetime or Nightlife), they were still used as carpools and NPC vehicles. TS3 had ownable/driveable cars from the start too.

The amount of work required for cars period would be a truly monumental undertaking. A large amount of coding would need to be done, and worlds/neighborhoods would likely need to be redesigned from scratch. I would doubt any of the routing used for the decorative cars seen in many worlds would do. It was hinted that possibly they were being worked on a year or two ago, and I think that in all honestly, that would likely be the minimum amount of work it would take.

I'm perfectly fine with whatever cars we get. I just want to see them in the game, but I doubt they would happen. I personally think that it's really too late; given cars needed to be in the framework of the game from the start in my view.
  • hailexityhailexity Posts: 26 Member
    Before seeing this post, not only was I perfectly fine with not having cars in TS4, but I was almost actively against getting them, since they wouldn't be able to be driven anywhere. However, if a pack came out and actually had that much gameplay to go with the objects, then I think that could potentially be worthwhile. It would be super cool if they could add new special lot types where your sims' cars are operable, such as a racetrack (hello new skill and active career) and a drive-in movie.

I 100% agree that the sims should not have relationships with the cars like in TS3, that was weird. I did like that you could name the cars though, that's pretty realistic.