Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Remember that survey that had story progression in it?

kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
I don't remember when that survey was but now we're getting it and it makes me wonder if we will get anything else from that survey?
Check out my twitter and tumblr

Comments

• SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited November 2021
    Search Story Progression by Sims Community on youtube, he read off what was on the survey last year. If we'll get anything else from that survey, we probably will eventually.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I sure hope we get the other survey options American high school, shopping malls, bands, body hair, love and romance are all the things I wanted from it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited November 2021
    I also feel like there was something that sounded a lot like what they did with the love after break up scenario
    like sims start with different type of relationships or whatever from cas cannot remember the wording
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited November 2021
    Survey 2020
    https://simscommunity.info/2020/04/28/the-sims-4-survey-vote-for-potential-new-features-and-improvements/
    NPC Story Progression

Now your neighbours come to life.
    Sims outside of your household live their lives from birth, marriage and death.
    Imagine the possibilities when the drama can start next door.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited November 2021
    Thank you for linking to that LeGardePourpre

Yeah it seems like it. I guess the question remains how much of that survey that got approved for production. They listed a lot of different options in the survey that ended up being Snow Escape but only a few things listed made it into the pack.

• kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Based on the survey I think these things might come in the future:
    Growing Pains and Life Issues

Life is hard. Now your sims feel those physical and emotional changes as they grow up. Realistic reactions and emotions bring deeper connections to the world around them.
    Deepening the existing content

Long term desires
    Connections to family members outside of the household
    Being born with traits
    Short term desires
    Control of Sims that are not currently on the active lot
    Emotions
    Consequences of making or breaking relationships
    Developing traits over time
    Family evolution outside the household

I think these will be updates. The short term and long term desires sound like a whim overhaul. Also sound like we might get an emotions overhaul too.
    Modern Love and Romance

From love at first sight to digital dating, discover a wide variety of relationship types for your Sims. Explore their desires, taste and preference. Take them on a journey to discover what works for them. 
    Bands

Go solo or build your super group, find your style and perform your way from YouTube celebrity to sold out stadiums. Feel the pressure and demands of keeping the band together, record company demands and the needs of your adoring fans. 
    Heists

Whether you’re an aspiring Debbie or Danny Ocean, build your team to seek out and recover the stolen artifacts to return them to their rightful owners. Can you execute the perfect plan, or will your team end up in the slammer? 

A lot of ppl have been asking for a romance pack and also a bands pack. Idk if this will be coming this year or not. I'm not sure if there are any packs that have been in previous surveys that haven't come yet. And heists along with a highschool pack would be interesting to see.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I don't remember when that survey was but now we're getting it and it makes me wonder if we will get anything else from that survey?

I remember seeing npc sims asking your sims to marry them in that survey. I doubt we ll get this in the first part of story progression.
    edited November 2021

Life is hard. Now your sims feel those physical and emotional changes as they grow up. Realistic reactions and emotions bring deeper connections to the world around them.

Long term desires
    Being born with traits
    Short term desires
    Emotions

I think these will be updates. The short term and long term desires sound like a whim overhaul. Also sound like we might get an emotions overhaul too.

I think you are correct, however I don't think they will be large overhauls... I think we will rather see more development on existing features like sentiments and neighborhood stories and maybe some new developed features like desires.
    logion wrote: »

Long term desires
    Being born with traits
    Short term desires
    Emotions

I think you are correct, however I don't think they will be large overhauls... I think we will rather see more development on existing features like sentiments and neighborhood stories and maybe some new developed features like desires.

I was thinking desires would just be a whim overhaul rather than a seperate feature.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    Hopefully we'll be able to toggle story progression on or off.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Hopefully we'll be able to toggle story progression on or off.

I really really hope there is an off button. I am already tired of the pop ups for likes and dislikes. Now we are getting pop ups for this. We will never get to play a normal game with all these pop ups. I also play on rotation and I don't want this system messing with my sims.

PLEASE GIVE US AN OFF BUTTON.
    I was hoping that they'd work in a chemistry and attraction as well as turn on and turn offs with story progression.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    When they gave us these surveys, they were all things that they were going to do anyway, just didn't know which one first

Also, my personal suspicion is that Story Progression will not be anything like as good as people think. We'll probably be called up by our neighbours for every little choice they want to make, and if as for the ones who don't call, they won't make any changes.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    If that's the case then hopefully we'll look into a Education Pack because I voted American High School pack. I remember voting for dating and band.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited November 2021
    Loanet wrote: »
    When they gave us these surveys, they were all things that they were going to do anyway, just didn't know which one first

Also, my personal suspicion is that Story Progression will not be anything like as good as people think. We'll probably be called up by our neighbours for every little choice they want to make, and if as for the ones who don't call, they won't make any changes.

Yes, and exactly that part can become VERY annoying. Like, I don't care if my neighbors are getting married or having children..
    They better give us the option to turn off these phone calls completely and let Sims make their own decisions.

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I personally like the idea that we can make decisions for sims that are not in our rotation, but I don’t want them making these decisions for those I rotate with.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited November 2021

Bands
    Go solo or build your super group, find your style and perform your way from YouTube celebrity to sold out stadiums. Feel the pressure and demands of keeping the band together, record company demands and the needs of your adoring fans. 

Here’s hoping! 🤞🌈

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:

They did say that there will be autonomous changes.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Everybody turn your cynicism on. It helps displace disappointment.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    edited November 2021
    Everybody turn your cynicism on. It helps displace disappointment.

I try to look at what they have made in the past, and set my expectations from there.

But even if I do that, Maxis still manages to both surprise me and disappoint me.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    Same here, @logion, though I must say I do still pretty much enjoy the game.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I wonder what the family evolution outside of the household and connections to family outside of the household mean.

They really need to add aunts, uncles, in-laws and step kids to the relationship panel.

Growing Pains and Life Issues sounds interesting.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Survey 2020
    https://simscommunity.info/2020/04/28/the-sims-4-survey-vote-for-potential-new-features-and-improvements/
    NPC Story Progression

First time I've seen this. I don't know why anyone bothers taking the surveys because what they propose is never delivered. Where's the 'drama' from the so called story progression update? I haven't heard a word from Simmers how much drama happened after they advised a Sim to do this or that....such hype. Anyone who was hoping the story progression turned out the way they promoted it in the survey should have just hit the delete button and emptied the recycle bin and not even bothered to check yes for NPC Story Progression.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited December 2021
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Survey 2020
    NPC Story Progression

First time I've seen this. I don't know why anyone bothers taking the surveys because what they propose is never delivered. Where's the 'drama' from the so called story progression update? I haven't heard a word from Simmers how much drama happened after they advised a Sim to do this or that....such hype. Anyone who was hoping the story progression turned out the way they promoted it in the survey should have just hit the delete button and emptied the recycle bin and not even bothered to check yes for NPC Story Progression.

Surveys are meant to list ideas... They had a survey a couple of years ago that listed a bunch of different features that we later saw in Snowy Escape and Lifestyles. I think that survey had features like snowmobiles etc.

It's up to Maxis to decide how to best implement some of these features based on the people that they have available and their allocated time and budget...

Same with story progression and the things they listed in that survey.
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Yes, and exactly that part can become VERY annoying. Like, I don't care if my neighbors are getting married or having children..
    They better give us the option to turn off these phone calls completely and let Sims make their own decisions.

We may get an option to turn that off in Game Settings in the 2nd Update to Story Progression.