Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should we have polyamorous relationships as an option for sims in "The Sims 4"?

Comments

• EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited August 2021
    Yes, definitely! That way the game is more interesting and challenging! The more, the merrier!
    Pixilated wrote: »
    It's not something I'm personally interested. I wouldn't be opposed as long as I can opt out of it if I choose to and make sure that my sim won't randomly become involved with multiple random sims or of nowhere. It's not a wonderful idea but it's also not the worst.

True, there does need to be an option for those who don't want to play polyamorous relationships.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Well, we sortof do. Sims can have multiple boyfriends/girlfriends at the same time, also, they can have children with their multiple sweethearts. They're so wild. :D>:)

That's true. But it's not the same because most sims get mad when their partner is caught romantically interacting with other sims.

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2021
    I don't know. This MIGHT not be a good idea for The Sims 4.
    EliteGirl wrote: »
    Pixilated wrote: »
    It's not something I'm personally interested. I wouldn't be opposed as long as I can opt out of it if I choose to and make sure that my sim won't randomly become involved with multiple random sims or of nowhere. It's not a wonderful idea but it's also not the worst.

True, there does need to be an option for those who don't want to play polyamorous relationships.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Well, we sortof do. Sims can have multiple boyfriends/girlfriends at the same time, also, they can have children with their multiple sweethearts. They're so wild. :D>:)

That's true. But it's not the same because most sims get mad when their partner is caught romantically interacting with other sims.

I would think that that is true of polyamorous marriages too. There's always a favourite or a jealous wife. You only have to look at the ancient Egyptians' wives plotting and killing one another!
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited August 2021
    Yes, definitely! That way the game is more interesting and challenging! The more, the merrier!
    Despite my christian background guess you could say I've been an apostate or an agnostic since 2019, however I would totally down for polygamy both in game and IRL.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I don't know. This MIGHT not be a good idea for The Sims 4.
    That doesn't really fit with the game rating.
    There are a lot of mods out there for the more adult content type stuff.
    Catzilla wrote: »
    That doesn't really fit with the game rating.
    There are a lot of mods out there for the more adult content type stuff.

What do you mean? The game already has nudity and sex.
  • OpheliaOphelia Posts: 1 New Member
    That would be a very interesting element to add to the game, I'm all for it. Especially if this is discussed with Polyamorous Sims player before development to have some "guidelines".

And I agree with several comments too: it would be the occasion to also add an "exclusive" type of relationship so that players could choose to not be Polyamorous.
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    Maybe................I will have to think about this one.
    I just want the option to make some of my Sim couples "exclusive", then maybe my newlywed Sim in a flirty mood won't cause a scene with the bride's mother and sister in front of said bride and her father. While I allow it most of the time, in some cases I really want to be able to take two or three couples of friends to the bar without having to guard all of them like hawks.

Just give us the options to "lock" or "unlock" Sims into faithful relationships, and those who wants to keep their Sims on the market are free to do so. And if people wants to lock more than two Sims into such a relationship, well, it's their game.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited August 2021
    I haven’t tried this recently because my current sim prefers to keep all her baby daddies in the dark about one another, lol, but does the Free Love neighborhood action plan pretty much get rid of jealously?

but to answer the pole, yes, I’m all for poly relationships. But I would at least want new King size beds for the sims to sleep in and open up marriage to more than one sim 😁
    happyjme wrote: »
    I haven’t tried this recently because my current sim prefers to keep all her baby daddies in the dark about one another, lol, but does the Free Love neighborhood action plan pretty much get rid of jealously?

but to answer the pole, yes, I’m all for poly relationships. But I would at least want new King size beds for the sims to sleep in and open up marriage to more than one sim 😁

I totally agree to have the option to be able to have more than two sims in one relationship marry. For example, Fred and Martha marry Hank and each other while all three are in a polyamourous relationship together.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Yes, please! Ideally two variants (completely open and closed), but Id take whatever at this point. Relationships in general need some tuning cause at this point sims consider it "cheating" when an uncommitted romantic interest flirts with someone else. Which is dumb if they aren't even in an actual committed relationship.

I want sims to be able to recognize cheating properly and get upset about it properly, but I want sims also to have options for "open" (poly) relationships and/or committed/closed poly ones.

And we do need a faithful trait or some way to lock in romance interactions exclusively. It's fine if a non-committed sim flirts with whoever (including in-laws) but for every sim just cause they're in the right mood? Nahhh. That's silly.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I thought we already did by the way my Sims in TS4 are doormats.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    With Polygamous Sims you can woohoo more than two sims at a time, Imagine having hottub or coffin woohoo with 3 Sims instead of the usual 2.
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    Would love to have this and a faithful trait but would also love it if there was a switch to turn off for those who don't want it this option or if a player doesn't want it in every saved file
  • jolienannjolienann Posts: 2 New Member
    i was just thinking about this! i'm trying to have multiple sims date right now and this option would probably make it a lot easier. i know this post is from a while ago but i didn't want to make a new one hahah
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    jolienann wrote: »
    i was just thinking about this! i'm trying to have multiple sims date right now and this option would probably make it a lot easier. i know this post is from a while ago but i didn't want to make a new one hahah

Well, at least it's from the same year, so you're fine. ;) Also, welcome to the forums!
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    No, this will create unneccessary drama for my sims.
    It might be a good addition to the game but if Jealousy is ever introduced to the game, then it would backfire on Sims. This happened in Sims 2 when spouses found out their SO's were cheating, which caused slapping and fighting.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    It might be a good addition to the game but if Jealousy is ever introduced to the game, then it would backfire on Sims. This happened in Sims 2 when spouses found out their SO's were cheating, which caused slapping and fighting.

Jealousy is already in the game, which is why the option to have polyamorous relationships is very difficult if not impossible right now without cheats or mods.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Yeah, They need a bed that'll fit more than 2 sims. I kind of want a triple bed anyway for children to sleep with parents.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Sure, why not have the choice? And being LGBT+ or not has nothing to do with it: people can be straight and poly too.

Currently if I want a Sim who is poly, instead of the spice of cheating, I have to use a combination of Player aspiration reward trait, and I think I recall there being a No Jealousy one, that meant my Sim would not have any jealous partners, and that my Sim also would not be a jealous partner.

So let mono be the default but have a button users could use to designate whether the Sim was poly instead, on a case-by-case basis.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    Every conservative group will be up in arms more so than they already are. But it sort of doesn't matter they are offended by everything.

I don't think we're supposed to talk about politics on here.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited November 2021
    EliteGirl wrote: »
    Case 1: LGBT sims weren't an option for sims until Sims 3 and Sims 4.

Sims could be gay Sims 2 as well. The only thing that changed between 2 and 3 was they changed "joined union" to regular marriage, as the change happened in society. And then of course between 3 and 4 we got even more options for our queer Sims.

I'm always up for changing my Sims' options. Keeps the game interesting.

Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Would love to have this and a faithful trait but would also love it if there was a switch to turn off for those who don't want it this option or if a player doesn't want it in every saved file

I agree that would be helpful. There's nothing like having a committed Sim couple and one of them randomly starts flirting with strangers.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,034 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Nah I like my male Sims to cheat on their wives without the wife knowing. It’s more spicy. Everyone in agreement would bore me.

If done right this wouldn't stop that. You would choose if the relationship in question is open for others or exclusive. If it is exclusive your sim can still cheat and get in trouble. This would just ad an option to those who wants it.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited November 2021
    I don't understand this request.

My sim already have several significant others without jealousy (Player aspiration reward trait).
    They are members of his "Harem" club (Flirty club activities).

You can add them to the household or ask them to be the roommates.

Free Love NAP can also help you.
    edited December 2021
    I don't understand this request.

My sim already have several significant others without jealousy (Player aspiration reward trait).
    They are members of his "Harem" club (Flirty club activities).

You can add them to the household or ask them to be the roommates.

Free Love NAP can also help you.

I think that we should have polyamourous relationships as part of the game and NOT a mod. Because not all mods are perfect, in fact some are really glitchy and clash with the game.

There is so much potential for polyamourous relationships when it comes to “The Sims 4” when it comes to polyamourous relationships made as part of the game and NOT as a mod.