Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scenerios- Yes or No?

12346...Next

Comments

• leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    I will try Making money
    If select an empty lot, can start Rag to Rich
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    I’m playing through finding love after break up and right now I really like this scenario. My sims slowly got back to being friends. It wasn’t as easy as I thought, because of the harsh sentiments game is giving them. Some of them are short term like furious, but others are the grudge one or hurt which takes long to die out. But apologizing made it fade quicker. Both sims are good so it could also contribute as I saw video on YT with hot headed sims and apologizing didn’t work for them.
    Still the romantic relationship is full red and anything romantic in normal conversation is a big no. I see that it will take much much longer than friendship to be positive and if all fails I consider getting beguiling for one of them as I’m determinate to get them back as soulmates. But this is exactly the level of stress I expect bad romantic relationship should give me in the sims. I think this scenario is really well done. The only minus is my game became a little more glitchy.

I know that many says you can break up in the game, then try get them back together and that’s the same, but I’m one of those players that can’t handle breaking up love between sims lol, so for me this scenario does the dirty work.

This is what I'm getting out of it ... but my couple is now cool enough to start talking.. and since I played with them individually for awhile it's like I got to know them and built my own backstory for them. Now I have to rebuild their relationship and they have nearly full red across the bottom. It's not hard or anything exactly, but it makes me anticipate the next step I guess?
    I kept thinking that it kind of reminds me of older games with a scenario set up only.... I never liked to play with the Monty household (Sims 2) because I just didn't like them the way they were. I know I'm a terrible simmer for not liking them.. whatever. I really like that I can decide who my main characters are going to be... the game doesn't force that on me.

I would like to see more scenarios with more difficulties. I really want to see a Mom's house scenario like in the old game for the console. Where the young adult sim has to live with an NPC (mom or dad..or whoever) that is difficult.. maybe they breaks things are dirty or refuse to cook ect.. Or things are scripted to break. Maybe the young adult has to make so much money before being able to move out?
    I'm just excited by the possibilities I guess. I know not ever scenario that comes out will be for me but I'm not the only simmer out there.

egTcBMc.png
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    I’m playing through finding love after break up and right now I really like this scenario. My sims slowly got back to being friends. It wasn’t as easy as I thought, because of the harsh sentiments game is giving them. Some of them are short term like furious, but others are the grudge one or hurt which takes long to die out. But apologizing made it fade quicker. Both sims are good so it could also contribute as I saw video on YT with hot headed sims and apologizing didn’t work for them.
    Still the romantic relationship is full red and anything romantic in normal conversation is a big no. I see that it will take much much longer than friendship to be positive and if all fails I consider getting beguiling for one of them as I’m determinate to get them back as soulmates. But this is exactly the level of stress I expect bad romantic relationship should give me in the sims. I think this scenario is really well done. The only minus is my game became a little more glitchy.

I know that many says you can break up in the game, then try get them back together and that’s the same, but I’m one of those players that can’t handle breaking up love between sims lol, so for me this scenario does the dirty work.

This is what I'm getting out of it ... but my couple is now cool enough to start talking.. and since I played with them individually for awhile it's like I got to know them and built my own backstory for them. Now I have to rebuild their relationship and they have nearly full red across the bottom. It's not hard or anything exactly, but it makes me anticipate the next step I guess?
    I kept thinking that it kind of reminds me of older games with a scenario set up only.... I never liked to play with the Monty household (Sims 2) because I just didn't like them the way they were. I know I'm a terrible simmer for not liking them.. whatever. I really like that I can decide who my main characters are going to be... the game doesn't force that on me.

I would like to see more scenarios with more difficulties. I really want to see a Mom's house scenario like in the old game for the console. Where the young adult sim has to live with an NPC (mom or dad..or whoever) that is difficult.. maybe they breaks things are dirty or refuse to cook ect.. Or things are scripted to break. Maybe the young adult has to make so much money before being able to move out?
    I'm just excited by the possibilities I guess. I know not ever scenario that comes out will be for me but I'm not the only simmer out there.

Ooo yes a scenario that makes an npc sim act a certain way. That would be cool.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    Absolutely not.
    The time devoted to these scenarios could be used on other, more important things to fix the game...it's a shame
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    the developers dropped the ball on these scenarios, they could of so easily copied the rules of rags to riches and created a scenario around that exactly. as it stands the details offered as far as the rules are concerned when it comes to money making, step 2 is a real let down, it's like the scenario is a mere after thought with no effort put into any rules or description and there should be rules around how you go about the scenario.

If EA are going to bring more scenario's at least put some actual effort into creating the rules so it's worth going through.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    the developers dropped the ball on these scenarios, they could of so easily copied the rules of rags to riches and created a scenario around that exactly. as it stands the details offered as far as the rules are concerned when it comes to money making, step 2 is a real let down, it's like the scenario is a mere after thought with no effort put into any rules or description and there should be rules around how you go about the scenario.

If EA are going to bring more scenario's at least put some actual effort into creating the rules so it's worth going through.
    Agreed.

I think I’ve read the Making Money scenario can be achieved with the money cheats or just bulldozing the entire house. 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

These should be disabled otherwise the scenario is over in five minutes! 😂

I just don’t get it. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    or you could not cheat.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I mean idk there is not really anything in the sims 4 you can't cheat to achieve. I guess they don't disable cheats so that they don't limit the ability to cheat. It's not an actual community challenge where you are competing against other people It's mostly just for you.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    or you could not cheat.

I think people are seeing how restrictive the scenarios actually are not. Seriously, you can really move a sim almost anywhere and the funds are not zero until after they move. They should start at zero before moving, but then the paying for an empty lot mechanic would not work.
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    Scenarios aren't really my cup of tea and I can't see myself getting any use out of that feature in the game but it's nice for those that want that kind of thing. I've never played any of the challenges or stories either in all of my years of playing The Sims but the freedom to do that is one of the things that I like so much about the game.
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    I don't like them. I wish that development time was spent for bringing us story progression after so many years.
  • WritingAndSimmingWritingAndSimming Posts: 21 Member
    Eh. I think it's kind of useless, at least in my gameplay. It had so much potential. Possibly good for general storyline or challenge ideas, though.
    I don't plan on using it more than the experimenting I recently did.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Having just started it, the immediate thing is you have a different vibe going on than your regular start up with new sims.
    I am playing the Finding Love after a Break up scenario.

But I really wish there were more to these scenarios, like how careers, the rocket ship, and Jungle adventures have chance cards that can effect outcomes. Only I hope they would take into account traits, skills, values, and emotional states when calculating the outcome.

The first thing you start asking is, Okay, what happened?
    You start looking at their traits and start imagining how did their relationship come to this state.
    Did someone cheat, or are they just growing apart and it led to some kind of blow up?

This scenario has me inventing an reinventing how I will approach it.
    I find it very difficult for these two sims to reconcile whatever made them fall out.
    It just generates more dislike. However, I did finally find a way.

I have set my approach to this scenario and I am currently playing it out.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited November 2021
    I finished break up scenario. It took me 6 days for my sims to become soulmates again. First I made them avoid each each other until first negative moodlet wore off. Next I built the friendship to max and then after both read flirty books they started romantic interactions. Up to this point their romance was full in read. I must admit that their relationship glued me to my tv yesterday night.

I liked the fact that traits plays role in how badly they react to each other. My sims were both good and despite the terrible relationship they accepted apologies. I saw on YT sims with traits like hot headed or with angry sentiments started physically fighting after apologizing so I’m glad my sims turned out sort of normal lol.

Also nice that they got different sentiments. Girl had furious the short term one, but the guy got long one, deeply hurt and wounded and he seemed suffering way more than her. I sort of made a story around them that she did some mistakes in relationship, treated him badly, but decided to try and win the guy back. Also the guy is much older than her, adult and she is YA without a job just sort of hanging around which could also be a source of problems in the long run lol.

Overall my opinion didn’t change and I liked this scenario very much. I will have much use of it later when I decide to play another couple with issues. It saves me pains of forcing sims to break up in game. I hope more relationship scenarios will come in the future instead of achievement ones like money making and becoming well rounded sim. My sims are rarely achievers so probably that’s why I’m not really interested.
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    I thought scenerios were going to be different than they were but I hope they add more relationship and storytelling kind of scenerios. I like the find love after a breakup one and can see myself playing scenarios like that vs ones with just some main goal to get to. Because I never play challenges.