Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2021
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion: I want each new sims game to be different from the last and add new gameplay/worlds/sims/etc. If I wanted to play x old game I would just play it

I agree with that. I'm sometimes baffled by players who say things like "They should bring So-and-so back." I'm often left thinking, "But this game never had that, so how can it bring it back?" Truly, if I love an older game (of any game series), I play that. But I prefer newer games to be new and different instead of rehashes of the same old same old.

I agree also. I particularly like this stage in the game's development because most of the most requested themes have been done and I'm curious to see what's next. And no I'm not bored. 😄
    Often I find the new requests are things that have been done in past Sims games which is interesting. So old themes and ideas tend to make a comeback which is understandable since it happens with fashion too. Unpopular opinion I like seeing a mix of old and new fuse together with the Sims 4.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 446 Member
    A lot of requested things have not been done yet or very poorly.
    Everything occult and science fiction pretty much has been neglected.

That and sims still all acting mostly the same, but I guess that's such a deep problem that it needs a new game to fix since they pretty much need to ditch the whole useless emotion system for that.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    cecesims41 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is unpopular, but I wish townies from my neighborhood would show up at community lots before sims from other worlds do. I want to meet my new neighbors, not Judith Ward and the Vatores!

Same, I really miss the isolated worlds. Like how each world had it's own school population, and jobs were filled by sims in that world only.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Although I enjoy Sims 4, having played both 2 and 3 I do miss a lot of what those games offered. Personalities of the sims, the attraction system, and the way they behaved because their horoscopes and traits made them more individualized than the Sims in 4. The towns offered more with the number of lots they had available and the ability to have a town with community lots and residentials. I love the beauty of the towns in Sims4, however most of it is just empty because the buildings cannot be used at all. They are only decor. So while I enjoy Sims4, I find that I miss what the other games had and would like to see some of it added to Sims 4. The most important piece for me, as rhalius mentioned, is the lack of individuality of the sims. I do enjoy the different active jobs, seasons and holidays, and the places I can have my sims go to for fun and adventure.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Im open to the idea of Sims 5 being multiplayer. If its managed properly/responsibly, id support it.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I dislike the knitting aspiration. It's too demanding for such an irrelevant skill.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I really like alpha cc
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Okay. I’m newish, so I’ll just burn my bridges now.

Number One unpopular opinion: I don’t like CC that makes a Sim look like they need medical attention (they’re obviously anemic and have some sort of rash on their cheeks and noses), or like they’ve gone overboard on the implants and Botox.

Number Two unpopular opinion: Sims Two is over rated.

That’s it. Bring out the pitchforks!

No need for pitchforks. 😄 It's your opinion and that's the whole point of this thread.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2021
    I don’t care about a colour wheel…

It’s nice to have it in the Sims 3 but honestly I don’t feel like it’s something that I need to be able to enjoy the Sims 4.
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    edited September 2021
    I don't care for or want a color wheel either. I prefer having swatches instead.

I also don't care for EA townies, and the upcoming lore update doesn't interest me at all. They are always the first things I delete making a new save. I don't get excited for "iconic" characters coming back like Crumplebottom or Bonehilda. I didn't play the older Sims games, so I don't have a sentimental attachment to these characters.

And to put the cherry on top of my unpopular opinions... I like small worlds. I don't want huge worlds anymore, and I'm happy with the size of the worlds we are getting now.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    edited September 2021

And to put the cherry on top of my unpopular opinions... I like small worlds. I don't want huge worlds anymore, and I'm happy with the size of the worlds we are getting now.

You know, I went back to Sims 3 recently and found it all a bit overwhelming after playing Sims 4 exclusively for the last few years. Some worlds could use a few more lots, but find I like being able to move freely between several, manageable, small worlds better than being locked into one huge one.

Which, I guess, brings me to another unpopular opinion: I don’t want the whole game to be open world, again. I would like more open neighborhoods with the freedom to travel between worlds, loading screens and all.

• Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    HAHA It is so fun to read these. I wish there was a friendly "dislike" for comments so you could just like "funny scowl" at some. >:)

I hate toddlers. That is mine. I think they finally made cute toddlers, and toddler interactions in 4 (always thought they were meh before) but I still don't like them. They are so tedious to take care of. I cheat potty train them and walk them so they can use potty and go upstairs always (unless I am playing a challenge).
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    HAHA It is so fun to read these. I wish there was a friendly "dislike" for comments so you could just like "funny scowl" at some. >:)

I hate toddlers. That is mine. I think they finally made cute toddlers, and toddler interactions in 4 (always thought they were meh before) but I still don't like them. They are so tedious to take care of. I cheat potty train them and walk them so they can use potty and go upstairs always (unless I am playing a challenge).

I'm not a fan of toddlers either, but I also agree that they're very cute in this game. I don't do challenges, myself, but if I ever do it won't be one that involves anything about babies, toddlers, or children at all. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    > @VeeDub said:
    > I'm not a fan of toddlers either, but I also agree that they're very cute in this game. I don't do challenges, myself, but if I ever do it won't be one that involves anything about babies, toddlers, or children at all. :lol:

Yeah I would never do like the 100 baby challenge. Laawwd noo! LOL. But I try to not cheat even on like my Legacy Challenge, so tots are a pain then. But yeah, when I first saw the interactions I admittedly was impressed with how cute some of them are. If only I didn't have to like, feed, and bath, and teach them... haha
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I like one-parent families. There is no high chair hokey-cokey and the toddlers can use the nanny as a slave when the parent is at work. Plus one parent maxes out the parenting skill faster.

I love Tragic Clown! He is my favorite reoccurring character, and I wish they'd add more of him in.

I happen to love creepy, sad, or eclectic looking clowns artistically in general, and so when I played Sims 1 I often had the Tragic Clown picture in houses and it took me like a year to realize this is why this horrible clown was always terrorizing my poor Sims. It cracks me up that I had no idea for so long.
  • KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    The Star Wars pack wouldn't be so out of place if they added actual alien types to the game. Otherwise, I'd might kind of like it...
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    I don't like Reshade or other post-processing special effects (except maybe color/lighting correction only) to be used for screenshots intended to showcase Gallery builds or CC that a person is offering for download. I want to see the item(s) as they'd likely look in-game. I've already learned the hard way that such things are too often a waste of my time. So if I can't even tell for sure what its true colors are that's an automatic Nope-I'm-gonna-pass on that item from me even if I like the shape, idea, or something else about the thing.

I completely agree. If it showcases graphics and effects that I will NOT see in my Vanilla-Graphics game, it's a hard pass! It looks too different from the dolled up screen shots :O
    However, I do still appreciate builds that are showcased using those shaders and edits, because those who actually use those mods can fully appreciate just how amazing it will look! But it should be clearly stated on the download that those shaders were used, when I've seen PLENTY that don't mention that.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I don't like Reshade or other post-processing special effects (except maybe color/lighting correction only) to be used for screenshots intended to showcase Gallery builds or CC that a person is offering for download. I want to see the item(s) as they'd likely look in-game. I've already learned the hard way that such things are too often a waste of my time. So if I can't even tell for sure what its true colors are that's an automatic Nope-I'm-gonna-pass on that item from me even if I like the shape, idea, or something else about the thing.

I completely agree. If it showcases graphics and effects that I will NOT see in my Vanilla-Graphics game, it's a hard pass! It looks too different from the dolled up screen shots :O
    However, I do still appreciate builds that are showcased using those shaders and edits, because those who actually use those mods can fully appreciate just how amazing it will look! But it should be clearly stated on the download that those shaders were used, when I've seen PLENTY that don't mention that.

Right in there with you both! It’s so disappointing to see a build or sim that looks amazing due to post processing and heavy editing and then put them into my game and be like meh 😕 because it doesn’t look anything like the pictures. I have learned to recognize them and I just don’t bother to even download them anymore.

Right in there with you both! It’s so disappointing to see a build or sim that looks amazing due to post processing and heavy editing and then put them into my game and be like meh 😕 because it doesn’t look anything like the pictures. I have learned to recognize them and I just don’t bother to even download them anymore.

I agree. I especially have had this issue when trying to find nice skins. They do all kinds of things that make the sim in pic look a certain way. Then when you use it it looks totally off.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I don't view the Sims 4 as a sandbox and/or simulation game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »
    I don't view the Sims 4 as a sandbox and/or simulation game.

Interesting. What do you view it as?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top