Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did you try to play with less than §2,000 (no lot owned) ?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Are you maybe talking about doing like a rags to riches challenge thing? I was going to do that but my computer died and I have to wait for my new one to get here. But other then that I don't ever have my sims start that low and I always play with just one sim. Once in a while I want something different and have a family.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Yes
    I've played rags to riches challenge with my Sim owning 0 simoleons and just an empty lot, but none of my Sims children have moved away with no money or a home. They're always allowed to live at home until they have either money on their own to be able to buy a home or their parents will help them to get started.
    It could be an idea to have a child with bad relationship with parents so the kid would be thrown out without any money or anything else. Maybe I'll do it some day.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited August 2021
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    No, my poorest sim is at least $1,700 to start of for income. I don't like my sims to have a lower income than I. That's just cruel.

This idea is to use the different features of the game, for example an actor at the beginning of the career
    • Apartment (EP03 City Living)
    • Recycled furniture (EP09 Eco Lifestyle)
    • Roommates (EP08 Discover University)
    • Odd jobs (EP07 Island Living)

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Yes
    I often start a zero amount of money and make my sim build their own house from scratch.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    edited July 2021
    No
    The only time I have ever done that was when I was playing Pinstar's Legacy Challenge. You must purchase the largest lot in Willow Creek (which at that time was 50 X 40, if memory serves). And this was back before EA changed the starting amount to fit the size family you began with. In the Challenge you must start with a single Sim. After you purchase the lot you were compelled to buy that enormously expensive Coat of Arms, which left you with a pittance. Yeah, it's harder than heck. I've done this Legacy Challenge for Sims2, 3 (although 3 was never completed) and now Sims4. Then I realized I wanted far more time with my Sims. You also have to play on Normal.

Now, I feel freer allowing my Sims to be at whatever monetary level suits the storyline I'm trying to play out.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Yup §500 living on a small empty lot, own nothing. Eat from trash (before the rummage trash bug that Eco Life introduced), sleep on community lots or at a sims house. Bathe at gym. Made money from gardening and collecting. Quite doable. Sim actually made enough money as a teen, his elder brother had died. Moved to Strangerville, joined the military and defeated the Mother.

I love the Bubs - Emu & Stub Bub on the gallery download them when Stub is a child with or without cat.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Yes
    Not all the time, but yes I have played this way in the past a time or two.
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    No
    Yes and no kinda?

I usually start with more than that (tend to play with large households in the beginning), I did try to do a solo sim start multiple times but I never seem to get much further

I should try again!
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif