Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

share cool fun facts here!

Β«134
WhaleWatcherWhaleWatcher Posts: 55 Member
If you're into fun facts and weird but true, this is the chat for you! It's not a game, just type in some cool facts from school, a book, of online! We can all learn some facts that are fun!
let the fun facts begin!

Comments

• Options
    Did you know that one species of jellyfish is immortal?!
  • Options
    Gonnawin1111Gonnawin1111 Posts: 495 Member
    Did you know that octopuses have 3 hearts? @WhaleWatcher I actually did know that '')
    heyyyy i'm v ツ I'm Gonnawin1111 on the gallery too. My bestie is hymnhehim/hymnofheroes/milo ツ I love using smileys like : ) but on the forums they become :)
  • Options
    Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    Bacon is a group one carcinogen. Wait, are these supposed to be happy? lol OK

If you stop eating bacon, you will be healthier! 😁
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    @Justa_G00f hehe im vegetarian, don't have to worry about that

Speaking of vegetarians, generally vegetarians live longer than meat eaters..
    heyyyy i'm v ツ I'm Gonnawin1111 on the gallery too. My bestie is hymnhehim/hymnofheroes/milo ツ I love using smileys like : ) but on the forums they become :)
  • Options
    Thats crazy!
    did you know an earthquake made mount everest an inch shorter!?
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    If you burp, fart & sneeze at the same time you'll die.
  • Options
    Cats can hear higher and lower frequency sounds than humans and, can hear almost one octave higher than dogs.

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    These are supposed to be facts... some of them are funny but fanciful in here, I see.

I love this thread idea, though! One that was on my mind lately was that wombat poo comes out as square blocks.

In case anyone thinks I too am sharing as fact something which is actually fancy, here's a recent article about why scientists think they do it, if not how exactly.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    MrSimGamer112MrSimGamer112 Posts: 29 Member
    In the UK you will find on new housing estates they don't use the number 13 for new houses πŸ‘πŸ»
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    hot water turns into ice faster than cold water!
  • Options
    Elvis Presley recorded over 600 songs but did not write any of them.
    In the UK you will find on new housing estates they don't use the number 13 for new houses πŸ‘πŸ»

I think the #13 is safe for use. If you want to avoid a bad number, make sure no one's address has triple 6's. πŸ‘Ώ

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    Did you know that the Mona Lisa only became famous after it was stolen? Before they found out who actually stole the painting, they had Pablo Picasso as one of their suspects.
  • Options
    Did you know that the Mona Lisa only became famous after it was stolen? Before they found out who actually stole the painting, they had Pablo Picasso as one of their suspects.

Ah, yes. I might have heard that.
    Also, King Tutankhamen was only famous because he was the only royal found. However, he wasn't considered and important one, in his time period.

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    Fact; nobody has posted here in four days. πŸ˜₯

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    It’s impossible to hum while holding your nose.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Blue-eyed people are more alcohol tolerant than brown-eyed people.
  • Options
    MRSMLOG wrote: Β»
    It’s impossible to hum while holding your nose.

You got me to try that just now and I was able to do it. However, I couldn't hold the note very long, since you have to recycle the small amount of air you can force into your sinuses.
    calaprfy wrote: Β»
    Blue-eyed people are more alcohol tolerant than brown-eyed people.

Brown eyed lightweight, right here! No booze for me.

The fastest spinning star known to humans is a pulsar that rotates 716 times per second.
    β™«β™ͺ You spin me right 'round, baby right 'round. Like a record, baby right 'round, 'round, 'round! ♬

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    if (dark) blue eyes mean capacity for drink, it would explain me, but I have all but stopped, out of desire to age well instead of badly. A capacity just makes one drink dangerous amounts and not realize it's still doing harm to the organs.

Fun fact: people with the red-hair mutation (gingers) are resistant to pain from electricity, but more sensitive to pain from hot or cold. It's like we're a new kind of Electric Pokemon with fire and ice weakness.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    if (dark) blue eyes mean capacity for drink, it would explain me, but I have all but stopped, out of desire to age well instead of badly. A capacity just makes one drink dangerous amounts and not realize it's still doing harm to the organs.

Fun fact: people with the red-hair mutation (gingers) are resistant to pain from electricity, but more sensitive to pain from hot or cold. It's like we're a new kind of Electric Pokemon with fire and ice weakness.

*Touches jumper cable clamps together, sending sparks flying*
    Only one way to test that theory! πŸ˜‚ 🀣

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    you're so silly and it's refreshing.

Here's my fun fact: the concept and word for the color blue and indeed how it is perceived, is a fairly modern invention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1-WuBbVe2E

And the bigger takeaway of this, discussed starting around 4.50 of the video, is something less often appreciated than it deserves: that a rose by any other name might not actually smell the same. How we use language to frame our reality actually affects our perception of it and even our ability to interact with it! Words matter. Use them wisely.

And help fight the atrophy of depth and breadth of vocabulary, for loss of words for things, leads to loss of awareness of them, and eventually, loss of the ability to think, consider, and communicate concepts.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    A typical honey bee will chase a threat from their nest for roughly 100 feet (30.5 meters).
    In contrast, Africanized honey bees have reportedly chased people for a quarter mile (almost half a kilometer).

Also, put away that poisonous bee spray! Vinegar and some water works great if you only have a few bees to worry about.

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    No number before 1,000 contains the letter A.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Zebras have stripes to confuse biting flies.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg