Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Likes and dislikes ideas

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Activities :

- Sports (Soccer, Basketball etc)
    - Ice/Roller Skating (then mauve some sims will use the rinks autonomously)
    - Bike Riding
    - Reading
    - Watching tv
    - Water related activities
    - Playing Voidcritters (for kids)
    - Drawing
    - Partying
    - Chess
    - Travelling
    - Knitting
    - Social media
    - Karaoke

Other

- Favorite Food/ Least Favorite food
    - Favorite/least favorite season or weather
    - Animal related likes and dislikes (ie : Likes animals; dislikes rats....)
    - Fashion (as in general)
    - Likes/dislikes Piercings and Tattoos
    - School
    - Work
    - Vampires and Spellcasters related likes and dislikes
    - Spiders/mice
    - Etc
  • AmeliePoptartAmeliePoptart Posts: 22 Member
    edited June 2021
    I’m sure a lot of these have been mentioned, but I want to dump all the ideas/expectations I had for Likes/Dislikes in one place:

[b]Hobbies[/b]

I’m disappointed the hobbies from Eco Living and Knifty Knitting weren’t included. An oversight, maybe? A but silly if it was, considering these are newer packs.

Reading. I know we have the Bookworm Trait, but by that logic why have Fitness as a Like/Dislike as well as the Active Trait?

Watching TV/Movies. Could be BG compatible or an add-on with the Movie Hangout Stuff Pack. And it could be the simple, broad like of watching TV/movies in general, or it could be its own subcategory (like music genre) where Sims pick if they like Horror, Romance, Comedy etc.

Stargazing or Astronomy/Alien-related likes. Probably not a huge priority, since there aren’t normal-sized telescopes in TS4. I just miss the way stargazing was in TS2.

Hiking or Swimming? Sports like soccer, basketball. Bike riding?

Kids could get special interests like Voidcritters, Playing on Playgrounds etc.

[b]Other[/b]

Honestly, I don’t know where it could go, but Animal Lover or Loves Cats/Loves Dogs could be a Like/Dislike system instead of a whole trait.

[b]Food[/b]

Again, something that could/should be BG compatible. This could replace the Vegetarian trait, but could also be expanded to Healthy food, Junk food, BBQ/Meat, Seafood etc.

If City Living is installed, it could include the different cultural recipes. If it’s too hard to do all 27 recipes, break it down into “Mexican food”, “Spicy Food”, “Indian food”, “Chinese Food” etc.

If Get Together is installed, it could include Cafe Food, Coffee, Tea (but coffee could also be BG compatible...)

[b]Weather[/b]

Everyone has suggested this. Instead of Declare Weather preference (which clutters the already messy Pie Menu), weather preference should be here.

[b]Attraction[/b]

Surely they could implement an attraction system now. If modders can do it, before and after this patch, it should be done by official devs.

Attraction could be simple things like hair colour, hobbies, body type.

Could also include Female and Male (since we can Like both to simulate bisexuality/pansexuality, or Dislike both to simulate Asexuality). Having said that, I’ve personally always wanted this added to the customise gender panel. If we can choose if a Sim can get pregnant or impregnate others, I want to choose if they are attracted to Female, Male, Both or Neither.
    Post edited by AmeliePoptart on
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    "Dislike or like a certain occult"

It could be a kind of racist behavior, it can't happen in The Sims.
    It's similar to like/dislike skin color or gender.
    Are you serious? I don't want my Sims to be buddies with Vampires I want Vampires feared a life state that should be hunted. Though I guess the crowd who wants Vampires to be treated like fluffy bunnies won so boring.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    edited June 2021
    Attraction

Surely they could implement an attraction system now. If modders can do it, before and after this patch, it should be done by official devs.

Attraction could be simple things like hair colour, hobbies, body type.

Could also include Female and Male (since we can Like both to simulate bisexuality/pan sexuality, or Dislike both to simulate Asexuality). Having said that, I’ve personally always wanted this added to the customise gender panel. If we can choose if a Sim can get pregnant or impregnate others, I want to choose if they are attracted Female, Male, Both or Neither.

About attraction...
    I have created an idea discussion on it. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/990349/how-i-see-turn-ons-and-turn-offs-in-the-sims-4#latest

Though after seeing no reactions to it and no comments to it, I fear that I might have written something wrong...
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    @ChadSims2 wrote: »

Are you serious? I don't want my Sims to be buddies with Vampires I want Vampires feared a life state that should be hunted. Though I guess the crowd who wants Vampires to be treated like fluffy bunnies won so boring.

You're looking for the Fear / Obsession system from EP04 Cats & Dogs
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited June 2021
    Like/dislike venue and special venue

For example : Dislike dance club and like Sixam
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I really like everyones ideas, and hope they eventually go through the old packs to include likes/dislikes relevant to them (similar to the DHD likes/dislikes).

I'd like for traits to be added to the likes/dislikes. We already know that "good" Sims won't get along with "evil Sims", but what if a Sim could like/dislike certain traits in other Sims (that don't necessarily have to relate to their own traits), which influences how they get along with them.
    Agreed. We still need more!

With the new expansion pack, there is no new like/dislike, not even in music category. Children still can't like or dislike gardening and cooking.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I would like to make vampires that honestly dislikes mortals. They could see them as ones that are not worth befriending because they'll die shortly after getting to know them. Vampires being truly feared and hated as a life state would add depth as well. (I'm being hunted!)

Also, a distaste for types of fruits, veggies, and other foods. Kids are picky, or one could use the dislikes for simulating allergies.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited August 2021
    Likes / Dislikes can be used to create a romantic/sexual attraction system:

Likes women
    Likes men
    Likes blond, brown, black,red, cc etc hair (will select based on what the game considers the color of hair to be)
    Likes cc clothing, preppy clothing, the style tags and the way they're separated, also being able to create your own style tag and name it so you can choose whats considered what,:
    DIuetQM.png
    Likes ____ traits
    Likes hardworking 6+ in career
    Likes laidback 5- in career or parttime
    Likes self-made (independently working)
    Likes makeup
    Like no makeup
    Like facial hair

The thing is the likes/dislikes HAVE to actually matter and make it very difficult to romance someone who has multiple dislikes stacked against you. If its just treated like a suggestion it will be so pointless.

Also make romance likes/dislikes moddable for anyone to create custom ones.

Also, likes and dislikes for worlds, so if Bella Goth doesnt like Windenburg she want not automously appear there.
    Post edited by StrawberryYogurt on
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited July 2021

Comparing being a vampire to being persecuted because of your race is actually quite ridiculous. It would really take some mental gymnastics to find a dislike for occults to be """racist""""
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Hmm... That is really difficult...
    On one side, occults are defined by having special powers and don't exist in real world.

All the IRL ghost sightings state otherwise, we have poltergeists, shadow people, apparitions and tiny ghost orbs, it's a pretty neat classification for real world ghosts, plus we don't really know what else may lurk in the darkness.
    I would like to make vampires that honestly dislikes mortals. They could see them as ones that are not worth befriending because they'll die shortly after getting to know them. Vampires being truly feared and hated as a life state would add depth as well. (I'm being hunted!)

Also, a distaste for types of fruits, veggies, and other foods. Kids are picky, or one could use the dislikes for simulating allergies.

Vampires should be feared but not hated, when it comes to vampires you're not sure if you should be scared or aroused, they're really hot and terrifying at the same time, also it doesn't make sense that they should be afraid of ghosts, they're both undead creatures, unless they're a fledgling that doesn't know that other supernatural creatures also exist within the same universe and are getting used to their new powers.
  • BrookeBCreativityBrookeBCreativity Posts: 17 Member
    What about lot type likes and dislikes? Your sim could dislike going out to bars and get like a tense or angry moodlet while there. Or the sim could love going to the beach and get like a positive moodlet while there. Sims could also get moodlets or whims about wanting to visit a park if they like parks. You could even take it a step further by adding something like the sim hates going to the city or the countryside, like maybe the sim dislikes the forest so if they were to vacation in Outdoor Retreat they would be tense or angry, similar to how I described disliking bars but just more broad.
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    All the activity likes and dislikes are linked to a skill. It would be great if I could choose activities that are not tied to a skill also, things like swimming, skating, reading, chess, sledding, hiking, jogging, etc.
    Other likes or dislikes:
    • Occults - dependant on what packs you have you can choose whether they like or dislike Aliens, Vampires, Mermaids, and Spellcasters.
    • Weather - they can like or dislike Sun, Rain, Thunderstorms, Snow, Blizzards, and Wind. They can also like or dislike a season in general: Summer, Fall, Winter, or Spring.
    • Animals - Cats, Dogs, Rodent, Rabbits, Foxes, Birds, Cows, Llamas, and Chickens. This way Sims can like some animals, or prefer some over others, or like or dislike all animals.

Also instead of a limit of 20 total, it could be a certain limit per category (enough to be able to select like or dislike on most, if not all options).
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
    edited July 2021
    maybe there should be a fear category so basically dislikes heights, which also covers planes and rollercoasters which in turn simulates my worst fear, or dislikes water to simulate Aquaphobia, maybe dislikes spiders or dislikes clowns.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited August 2021
    What does “robust” food mean?
    Even though I didn't post the comment you are referring to above, I'll take a stab at answering it.

Robustness could refer to either having more fat in the dish, or a rich, rounded flavour that increases all of the basic tastes.

The food types mentioned above were related to the original (and now hopelessly outdated) idea of primary tastes. They were originally four: Salty (pretty obvious).
    Bitterness (e.g. orange peel or unsweetened chocolate).
    Sweetness (e.g. sugarcane).
    Sourness (e.g. lemon juice or vinegar).
    Umami was added later (savoury, think something like soy sauce or a tomato).
    Once you cover those five main groups, you're left with some foods that don't fit neatly into those containers. Chilli, mint, celery, whipped cream and such. So more groups have been added, and you have things like "Piquancy" (heat / capsaicin), "Coolness" (mint / menthol), "Astringency" (unripe fruit, stewed tea), "Fattiness" (oil / fat) etc.

This is like the gastronomy version of when computer artists went from using 16 colours to 16.7 million colours.

...sorry for the length, I tend to waffle.
    Now I want some waffles with ice cream.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited August 2021
    I think that likes/dislikes physical games,, likes/dislikes non physical games should be an added category. Some sims might prefer these over video games. And why don’t they add water activities likes/dislikes ( jet skiing, boating, swimming,slipnslide, playing in sprinklers )? Also, likes/dislikes reading, and likes/dislikes TV/movies should be added.

I like the idea of certain sims liking/disliking certain lots.

I’d like to see likes/dislikes cats, likes/dislikes dogs, rather than them taking up a trait slot. Also likes/dislikes farm animals, and likes/dislikes small animals (rodents etc. from my first pet stuff ).

I think all skills should have likes/dislikes. ( knitting, embroidery, archeology, etc. ).

All hobbies should be added as likes/dislikes, such as candle making, juice fizzing, wood working ( I know that wood working would currently go under handiness, but just because someone likes woodworking doesn’t mean they will like fixing the plumbing.

Food likes/dislikes by type……like Mexican, Chinese, Italian, fast food, Bar-B-qued food, Seafood, meat dishes ( steak, Turku, Ham ), vegetable dishes etc.

Weather likes/dislikes Rain Snow, Sunny, Cloudy, Thunderstorms.

These are the most important to me. It helps individualize each sim.

I think it would be great if they would add a special preference category for sexual preferences, trait preferences for romantic encounters ( prefers active sims, neat sims, lazy sims etc. ). Also prefers sims with certain eye or hair color or age group for romantic preference. These would be great to add either with base game update or with a Romance/wedding pack.
    What about likes and dislikes for different holidays or holiday events? Vampires can't exactly enjoy grand meals with the whithered stomach, for instance, or poor folk don't like the season premiere since they can't afford a TV.
    Fears category! I love the idea! And maybe add fears to skills? I'm scared of heights, I don't want to climb a mountain.
    Fears category! I love the idea! And maybe add fears to skills? I'm scared of heights, I don't want to climb a mountain.

Me too, there's nothing quite like solid ground.
    Fear is an interesting idea. To have a sim fear something...

Though as opposite to dislikes is likes, what would be opposite to fears. Never fears I guess...

Though as opposite to dislikes is likes, what would be opposite to fears. Never fears I guess...

confidence or calmness according to the dictionary.

confidence or calmness according to the dictionary.

Yes! Indeed!

It would be great if sims could not only develop fears/confidences through gameplay, but could also be set in CAS at any time (besides, I still have no explanation why I have suddenly developed a fear to slides).

With skills, I see the potential system how sims could develop those through gameplay. Sims who succeed often at a skill may develop confidence while sims who fail often (mostly in harmful ways like electrocution) may develop a fear. Sims have more chance of developing confidence when they are confident, have brave or self-assured trait (or more like that), and/or have Adrenaline Junkie lifestyle. Sims have more chance of developing a fear when they are scared, have paranoid or squeamish (or some other trait like that) trait, and/or already have a dislike to the activity.
    And on that topic, sims can also attempt to overcome their fears by the support of their friends or sims who have confidence.

Thinking about the gameplay effect, I can see how that can affect the activity. Sims who do the activity that they have a fear of will get a scared moodlet, learn that skill slower, and may stop doing that mid-action (giving them an additional scared moodlet). Sims who have confidence will get a confident moodlet, learn that skill faster, and can mentor other sims before themself reaching level 10 (though if they do have level 10 and they mentor other sims, the sim will gain the skill much faster than when mentored by non-confident master).
    Additionally, I can also see new social interactions there. Sims who have a fear in an action can express the fear about it to other sims while sims who have confidence can brag about being good at the action.

And that is just about actions. The selection is wide: occults, animals, certain objects, weather effects, sim traits... The possibilities are almost endless.