Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Hints For Bands?

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I really want a Jazz Band
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I really want a Jazz Band

That would be so fantastic! My jazz saxophonist and my jazz singer would love it. ❤️

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    > @nasch_katze said:
    > That's... Such a weird change and nothing is implemented without a purpose in this game so yeah, at least one of the future GP or EP is related to music.
    > Bands should have been implemented in Get Famous though. I wonder how a band system could work without a fame system.

In the sims 3 we had "fame" in Late Night and then came Showtime without a fame system!
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Love the idea for a jazz band! My Willow Creek is crying out for a frustrated Jazz saxophonist!!
    The singing skill is a strange one atm, yes combined with the guitar you can be a busker but other than winning karaoke night at planet pop the skill doesn't go anywhere else....desperately want to see a bands GP which would compliment city living/get famous!
  • Options
    chickenow wrote: »
    Love the idea for a jazz band! My Willow Creek is crying out for a frustrated Jazz saxophonist!!
    The singing skill is a strange one atm, yes combined with the guitar you can be a busker but other than winning karaoke night at planet pop the skill doesn't go anywhere else....desperately want to see a bands GP which would compliment city living/get famous!

Lol, my Willow Creek has a jazz saxophonist too! He plays at the Blue Velvet of course. But he has to play piano there... grr...
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I'm all for band content but if they do put it in I hope they flesh it out enough to justify putting it in a pack instead of in a free update. I say this because in Sims 2 playing music as a group was a feature of university I think, and band stuff could really be a feature that would have fit with the university EP or the get famous EP in TS4.

If they want to build a pack around it they need to give us a decent amount of content to justify making us spend money on it.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    I'm all for band content but if they do put it in I hope they flesh it out enough to justify putting it in a pack instead of in a free update. I say this because in Sims 2 playing music as a group was a feature of university I think, and band stuff could really be a feature that would have fit with the university EP or the get famous EP in TS4.

If they want to build a pack around it they need to give us a decent amount of content to justify making us spend money on it.

Whilst Bands were side features to University and Late Night there hasn't really ever been a bands pack so it would be interesting to see it as a main feature.

I'm hoping it's either a GP or the main feature of an EP and other things can be there to compliment it....
  • Options
    chickenow wrote: »

Whilst Bands were side features to University and Late Night there hasn't really ever been a bands pack so it would be interesting to see it as a main feature.

I'm hoping it's either a GP or the main feature of an EP and other things can be there to compliment it....

Having it as an EP would be fabulous, because then it could include an entire musical ensemble system, and maybe other things like ballet and romantic slow dancing.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    At the top of my wish list.
    Rock Bands, Choirs and Chamber Orchestras.
    Dream on -me- but EP please!
  • Options
    RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    Maybe they were trying to hint a rock band expansion with the metal music and air guitar in Nifty Knitting!!
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited November 2020
    Playing instruments together is now my most wanted feature. MUSIC OF THE WORLD EP I would buy in a heartbeat, especially if they think a little outside the box of what we usually get - though I want normal rock bands too, and JAZZ bands especially.

But how 'bout something a bit different too? Drums and 2 cellos? Skip to about 2:20 for it to really kick in.
    https://youtu.be/nji5zvkuuFg?t=140

Something Scottish?
    https://youtu.be/9CdO1AOXLFs

Irish Fun
    https://youtu.be/iK8ciRUHsNY

A little more traditional: Piano and Cello
    https://youtu.be/3qrKjywjo7Q

And more instruments from the East:
    https://youtu.be/hmRPECd9Yig

https://youtu.be/JDTp_YQizqE

They've been talking about diversity a lot as a marketing feature, so I hope they bring that concept into music too.

• Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    We can do a Pop Bands too
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I would like a broad musical expansion pack that brought on a variety of musical instruments, bands, recording studios, and maybe ballet. However, it's not at the top of my wishlist. I could see having lots of fun with it though if they made it versatile beyond just having a garage band or whatnot. I love doing the jam sessions in Sims 3!
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I think this maybe will be an unpopular opinion, but we already have fame in the game, I think musical instruments should be in a hobbies pack, your sims can form bands as a hobby,and if we have get famous it unlocks a singing career, I really dont want another pack based on fame again
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I think that the fame system in TS Showtime can be focused on the number of fans or hit-list position. If your hit is higher, you will have more fans in the audience and the tickets will be more expensive. Notification proposition:

„Your track is on the top of hit list this week! Your fans will pay every price to see your show!”

For magicans this system can be similar. For models better rating will affect to possibility to take a part in more exclusive fashion shows.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I'd love bands! I've been wanting drums forever. I really want the ability to have a teen garage band so they have more to do and also more musician styles in CAS like punk, goth, grunge, cyberpunk, etc.

I'm hoping!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'd love bands! I've been wanting drums forever. I really want the ability to have a teen garage band so they have more to do and also more musician styles in CAS like punk, goth, grunge, cyberpunk, etc.

I'm hoping!

This would be great! ❤️
  • Options
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I think this maybe will be an unpopular opinion, but we already have fame in the game, I think musical instruments should be in a hobbies pack, your sims can form bands as a hobby,and if we have get famous it unlocks a singing career, I really dont want another pack based on fame again

Possibly unpopular but a valid opinion. I think to assure you I think the fame tool is done reasonably well in GF in that it's a self contained feature in that pack. So I think bands can work separately to fame pretty easily unless they decided to bring in the high fame points for gigging in your neighbourhood bar.
  • Options
    RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    edited December 2020
    Rock bands would be different, playing instruments together, going to a concerts, festivals, buying tickets, getting band merch, buying the CD's. Recording music in the studio. They could make a whole expansion on this to add all these details, if they do I really hope it's not just pop music like with the Sims 3 Katy Perry. Oh yeah and it would be awesome to have battle of the bands!
    Post edited by RubyxAngel on
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    More instruments! We have Piano, Guitar, and Violin, and the ability to DJ. Where are the drums? The saxaphones? The flutes? Instruments that are so OBVIOUS. Yes, I know that means putting together music. Nobody expects a musical pack to come without its complications.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited December 2020

There's a new music video by south-Korean singer Hwasa that was produced in collaboration with TS4. And apparently there is an object in the music video that we don't have in game (yet). I don't know if it's true because I don't know the catalog well enough, but it looks like some sort of amplifier to me. What do you think?

EDIT: Turns out the object is from City Living. Never mind
    Post edited by EliasVersace on
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Anything that is focused on adding more instruments would be awesome. What I'd really like to see though is a system that supports composing. Like one of those things where you have audio files relating to notes and then you can do your own arrangement. I would value that way more highly than a few more instruments.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    JoybearrJoybearr Posts: 117 Member
    edited December 2020
    High School Musical?? Kpop??

That's a big no for me. I guess it's great news for those who are into that. And for your sake, I hope it's well done!

I'm all for a music themed pack but not of a specific category or based off of more Disney c r a p . I think bits of that in a bigger pack are fine, but the entire pack to be about it?? No thanks, not for me.

But it's exactly the type of thing EA would do so i guess i have pretty low expectations lol

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2020
    Joybearr wrote: »
    High School Musical?? Kpop??

That's a big no for me. I guess it's great news for those who are into that. And for your sake, I hope it's well done!

I'm all for a music themed pack but not of a specific category or based off of more Disney c r a p . I think bits of that in a bigger pack are fine, but the entire pack to be about it?? No thanks, not for me.

But it's exactly the type of thing EA would do so i guess i have pretty low expectations lol

But I'm thinking of the possibilities 😌 it could bring bands (maybe better dancing? Or dance groups) Highschools, and highschool musical style drama.
    It sounds like a decent combo 😅😅😅😅
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited December 2020
    ew i really hope they don't make music pack into some girl group boy group kpop nonsense

like no shade on these particular artists they are advertising but oh please no.

I need jazz bands, rock bands, orchestras, interesting instruments and dramatic singing

i really wish they don't overdo pop again
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free