Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for a wedding pack.

1. More ring options and a double for female Sims like a wedding band and engagement ring.
2. Options on Wedding gowns and veils like the Sims 2.
3. Wedding Cake and Decorations with options of bigger wedding cake like the Sims 2.
4. Bride Dances with father/mother like in the Sims 2. Groom dances with parent also.
5. Ask Parent/Parents for blessing to get married like the Sims 3.
6. Surprise proposal like the Sims 2 but with more options.
7. Ask a Sim to be Best Man/Maid of Honor.
8. Have guests be more included at a wedding like in the Sims 2 and 3 they used to clap when Sims get married in previous now they do nothing we have more celebration when they cut the cake then the actual ceremony.
9. Again more Celebration from other Sims when a sim gets engaged especially a surprise proposal a sim supposed to be more social and emotional but when it comes to something big and special like this their non social and unemotional.
10. I don't think this was ever a gameplay but once the sims get engaged have the option to show off ring to anybody and everybody lol.
11. At the end the option to go on the honeymoon or not.
12. Wedding gifts a sim can use at the house or sell for simoleons.
13. Also if you marry a sim who has an ex they might have a chance to disrupt a wedding just throwing it out there.
Any other ideas I may have missed or an idea that you have speak now or forever hold your peace. Lol!

Comments

• MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Love these! Especially number 13. What a fun idea.
    Veils... yes please.
    Love the idea of cake decorating!

Some more ideas to go with yours
    Ability to have a wedding party and have them actually stand next to the bride/groom would be great.
    Bachelor/Bachelorette parties
    NPCs that you are in a serious relationship with proposing instead of the player always having to initiate it.

Paris... please 😬. With carousels 🎠
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    Love these! Especially number 13. What a fun idea.
    Veils... yes please.
    Love the idea of cake decorating!

Some more ideas to go with yours
    Ability to have a wedding party and have them actually stand next to the bride/groom would be great.
    Bachelor/Bachelorette parties
    NPCs that you are in a serious relationship with proposing instead of the player always having to initiate it.

Paris... please 😬. With carousels 🎠

We had a bachelor/bachelorette party in Sims 3 but I think I read somewhere a lot of people didn't like their kids looking at dancers I don't know something like that.

Npc proposal they have it in game but only if you have aging on I believe but I do like your idea of an npc proposal if you have a high enough relationship with they will propose to your sim or one of your cars Sims proposed when your not playing them. That would be great.
  • Hope8Hope8 Posts: 46 Member
    I really do wish they would make much more out of proposals and weddings and how Sims feel about those events. Guests at the wedding don't pay attention most of the time. They sit and talk to other Sims or they go and get food before the ceremony is done if you hire a caterer. Those are great ideas @Briana2425. :) I also don't think that sentiments between couples who are engaged or especially married should ever go away.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    1. More ring options and a double for female Sims like a wedding band and engagement ring.
    2. Options on Wedding gowns and veils like the Sims 2.
    3. Wedding Cake and Decorations with options of bigger wedding cake like the Sims 2.
    4. Bride Dances with father/mother like in the Sims 2. Groom dances with parent also.
    5. Ask Parent/Parents for blessing to get married like the Sims 3.
    6. Surprise proposal like the Sims 2 but with more options.
    7. Ask a Sim to be Best Man/Maid of Honor.
    8. Have guests be more included at a wedding like in the Sims 2 and 3 they used to clap when Sims get married in previous now they do nothing we have more celebration when they cut the cake then the actual ceremony.
    9. Again more Celebration from other Sims when a sim gets engaged especially a surprise proposal a sim supposed to be more social and emotional but when it comes to something big and special like this their non social and unemotional.
    10. I don't think this was ever a gameplay but once the sims get engaged have the option to show off ring to anybody and everybody lol.
    11. At the end the option to go on the honeymoon or not.
    12. Wedding gifts a sim can use at the house or sell for simoleons.
    13. Also if you marry a sim who has an ex they might have a chance to disrupt a wedding just throwing it out there.
    Any other ideas I may have missed or an idea that you have speak now or forever hold your peace. Lol!

These are great.

I do love the idea of a wedding game pack! All the little (and big) special things you mention are great. But I also miss the TS3 wedding shower that you didn't mention.

As to #12 there are gifts that show up in the inventory (at least there are if you have a "gold" level wedding. But all my weddings tend to be "gold" although I've noticed that since the Snowy Escape update that you have to work a little harder to get that gold.) But what I do is put a "pile of presents" on the wedding chapel lot. I have my Sim bride and groom go and "open presents together". (I just wish that they could open more than one each!) That way it has that "wedding present opening" feel. Problem is that without CC there is no pile that is the traditional white and silver wrappings. (And so far I haven't found a recolor of the "presents" that is like that.)

I think that one of the things I've done since TS2 is download wedding dress custom content. (Although there was a basegame TS3 dress that I *love*. But now I have it in my game again because someone did a "TS3 to TS4 conversion" for it.) I also have veils that I've downloaded, but I do wish that they had some that came with the game (because after a pack comes out, I generally play "custom content free" for a couple of weeks to see how the game behaves without mods or custom content.)
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Not until they fix Generations and release the baby. No more weddings for you.
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    First off: I would like to see designer wedding cakes (that can be made with the baking skill), chairs and tables with and without cloth, better floral options that can also be crafted with the Floral station. So, you can have a wedding Store or shop. More wedding type decorations.( Cupids, angel's ,hearts, more lace items, clouds with holiday themes.) cause some people get married on holidays.

second : Dresses and suits ; more color variation for wedding dresses, more customizable bows for children and teens. Size tool for large to small dresses. Suits are more customizable with ties and etc..

Third: More functional wedding gameplay: Flying of the Doves, Throwing rice (fake rice), Ringing the bells, Hire Professional piano players or singers for your wedding to sang or play the (wedding song)

Fourth: Need more build buy objects like stained glass (for churches, venues, public buildings). More Archways and outdoor Flowers and rocks. More clutter dishes and objects. (No fake foods) For all cultures.

Fifth: FOODS: more foods for baking and cooking skills, this a good way to get more cultural. And this will work good with dine out so you can make those meals for any restaurant.

Sixth: Careers: wedding Planner, Wedding Bands, Wedding singers: More instruments for the wedding bands. New lot type Honey moon rentals or hotels.

Seventh: Family albums, baby books, Family Reunion videos( that can be played or viewed) helps with the memories system. And works well the the lifestyles. Maid of honor and best man, Bachelor or Bachelorette parties. Slow dancing , father and daughter dance.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I want to be able to have the male sim propose when he isnt my active sim. A "talk about marriage" social where depending on the strength of your relationship will have a high boost (and a notification that the convo went well) or high negative (and a notification that rhe convo went bad) and later the male sim will propose to you!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    The 13th idea is the most exciting hahaha omg imagine the drama
  • Hope8Hope8 Posts: 46 Member
    I love your ideas @motdk and @StrawberryYogurt . :) I hope that'll be the next game pack or stuff pack.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    13. Also if you marry a sim who has an ex they might have a chance to disrupt a wedding
    This alone needs to be added.
    They should just patch it in. We need more drama!

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    edited December 2020
    when they add veils i hope they also add them in black so my black widows can look fabulous in mourning

+ I would really like wedding dresses and accessories from different cultures too

and i sort of wish veils are accessory or hat category not tied to specific hair

also we desperately need invisible wedding arch (like markings on the floor) and other styles of wedding arches

aand some wedding photo poses

aaaand all mentioned above

oh also maybe they could add markings object for aisle so our sims can walk in more fancy manner
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited December 2020
    Hope8 wrote: »
    I love your ideas @motdk and @StrawberryYogurt . :) I hope that'll be the next game pack or stuff pack.

Game Pack gets you actual Game Play. Stuff Packs are just stuff. I think this needs to be a Game Pack so we'd Get:

1. Wedding Lots & Wedding Lot Designation
    2. Honeymoon Vacations and leaving in the Limo or Horse & Carriage
    3. Throwing Rice or Bird Seed or Whatever environmentally appropriate option you want
    4. Assign Wedding Parties
    5. Assigning the attire for said Wedding Party
    6. Drama - Angry Ex, Bad Weather, In Laws not liking one another etc.
    7. An update to Caterers so that they make what you select rather than random food
    8. More Wedding Attire
    9. Wedding Albums & Wedding Photos and Hiring a Photographer
    10. More Wedding Cakes styles and an Update to Baking
    11. Maybe get the Guests to act better
    12. Bridal Bouquets and Boutonnières added to Flower Arranging and truth be know I would like to make lots more wedding and funeral styles with flower arranging. I would like an Update to it if you purchase this game pack.
    13. Groom's Cakes are a thing and usually Chocolate
    14. I'd Love the Father of the Bride to walk the Bride down the Aisle but I realize you cannot have everything.
    15. A few of the traditional Jewish Customs like breaking the glass, and signing Ketubah, and the Hora
    16. A few different styles of wedding dress from different cultures like Japanese Shinto ceremonies that wear special Kimono
    17. The Spellcasters could do hand fastings

Wedding Party Roles

1. Mother of the Bride/Groom
    2. Father of the Bride/Groom
    3. Maid of Honor ***
    4. Best Man ***
    5. Bridesmaids
    6. Groomsmen
    7. Ring Bearer ***
    8. Flower Girl

*** If you have Cats & Dogs, a family Dog can Stand in for these roles - Ring Bearer, Best Man, Maid of Honor
    Post edited by redrogue60 on
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    13. Also if you marry a sim who has an ex they might have a chance to disrupt a wedding

When the Sim is in the same household, they can click on the bride/groom during the marriage and disturb it. It's been there since the base game, but it's not an autonomous interaction.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »

When the Sim is in the same household, they can click on the bride/groom during the marriage and disturb it. It's been there since the base game, but it's not an autonomous interaction.

Really haha didn't know that but my idea was autonomous because it's causes drama and funny especially if it's an ex seeking revenge lol.
    edited December 2020
    redrogue60 wrote: »

Game Pack gets you actual Game Play. Stuff Packs are just stuff. I think this needs to be a Game Pack so we'd Get:

3. Throwing Rice or Bird Seed or Whatever environmentally appropriate option you want
    7. An update to Caterers so that they make what you select rather than random food
    8. More Wedding Attire
    12. Bridal Bouquets and Boutonnières added to Flower Arranging and truth be know I would like to make lots more wedding and funeral styles with flower arranging. I would like an Update to it if you purchase this game pack.
    14. I'd Love the Father of the Bride to walk the Bride down the Aisle but I realize you cannot have everything.
    15. A few of the traditional Jewish Customs like breaking the glass, and signing Ketubah, and the Hora
    16. A few different styles of wedding dress from different cultures like Japanese Shinto ceremonies that wear special Kimono

Wedding Party Roles

3. Maid of Honor ***
    4. Best Man ***
    5. Bridesmaids
    6. Groomsmen
    7. Ring Bearer ***
    8. Flower Girl

*** If you have Cats & Dogs, a family Dog can Stand in for these roles - Ring Bearer, Best Man, Maid of Honor

I like that assign the food for the cater idea because all my cater was making was pancakes. Just like what.
    I forgot but can we toast? I also want an automatic toast from the maid of honor and best man.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member

Wedding Party Roles

3. Maid of Honor ***
    4. Best Man ***
    5. Bridesmaids
    6. Groomsmen
    7. Ring Bearer ***
    8. Flower Girl

I like the designation of wedding roles. I would also include Ushers in this that can help sims get to their seats.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member

8. More Wedding Attire

Wedding Party Roles

3. Maid of Honor ***
    4. Best Man ***
    5. Bridesmaids
    6. Groomsmen
    7. Ring Bearer ***
    8. Flower Girl

I like that assign the food for the cater because all my cater was make pancakes. Just like what.
    I forgot but can we toast? I also want an automatic toast from the maid of honor and best man.

I'd like that too. In all my various saves (I have several: legacy challenges, mod free saves, several CC and mod free saves, my favorite family, etc.) and the caterer always does one cake and then yogurt. Yogurt for a wedding? I'd like to be able to choose what they serve. After all, the bride and groom usually choose the menu before the wedding! They don't leave it to the caterer to decide what to serve!
    KatAnubis wrote: »

8. More Wedding Attire

Wedding Party Roles

3. Maid of Honor ***
    4. Best Man ***
    5. Bridesmaids
    6. Groomsmen
    7. Ring Bearer ***
    8. Flower Girl

I like that assign the food for the cater because all my cater was make pancakes. Just like what.

I'd like that too. In all my various saves (I have several: legacy challenges, mod free saves, several CC and mod free saves, my favorite family, etc.) and the caterer always does one cake and then yogurt. Yogurt for a wedding? I'd like to be able to choose what they serve. After all, the bride and groom usually choose the menu before the wedding! They don't leave it to the caterer to decide what to serve!

Yougurt and Pancakes as a wedding meal jesus also I had like 3 cakes I was like okay but yeah lol.