Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4.5 - What would you like to see? (Interview with Graham)

EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
https://www.gamesradar.com/simgurugraham-on-the-future-of-the-sims-4-theres-way-more-that-we-can-still-do-with-this-title/

In this article from yesterday, SimguruGraham gives a little sneak peak into the future of TS4. He basically says that the team strives to give players the depth they want in the game, but with an unexpected twist (i.e. sentiments and lifestyles). He also says that this iteration isn't done yet and that there's more content coming. Between the lines, it sounds like EA is hinting at a next phase for TS4.

"There's such a diverse range of topics and features that we could cover, the possibility space of what we can do within The Sims 4 is just humongous," Nardone tells me when I ask about the potential of a new game. "I think that just goes to show that there's way more that we can still do within this title, and our players are plenty hungry for more content that we can give in. That's a good problem to have."

The article literally calls it: "Less The Sims 5, more The Sims 4.5".

What do you think this game needs to be upgraded to a 4.5 version? What changes would you like to see?

Personally I think the game could rise to a 4.5 level if they would:

- Update all the original basegame hairs to be more detailed (see the last few packs for the improved hair quality)
- Optimize the game for newer PCs and work on the low framerate & graphics issues
- Spend even more time on fixing bugs
- Completely overhaul the emotions (their durance and impact on autonomy) and memory systems
- Replace all world maps with moving 3D map-views (no open world but 3d maps like TS2 had)
- Introduce a new main menu that is a bit more inviting

What do you think?

Comments

• VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Honestly if they decided to go the route of "upgrading" the game I think that would be a great idea. There is never any reason for them to stop production of an iteration other then wanting to do major changes that require a new game or because the current game can't handle much more.

I agree with all the suggested by the OP but I'd also like to add.
    -Open Neighborhoods, not full on open world but allowing us to travel between lots in the same hood without a loading screen would make exploring the hood more enjoyably.
    -Rework Traits so they have more impact on sims autonomy
    -Add a color wheel or allow us to play with the hue and saturation for hair and eyes.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2020
    It's a good idea for a thread, but I am sorry, I do not agree with any of the things mentioned so far.
    Edit: With the exception of the post just before mine!

I like the game.

I would like the sim's behaviour to be more complex, and governed by many more, and different from eachother, factors than they seem to be now. There are lots of threads in the Feedback section about this.

I would like more transparancy from EA in how their bug forum work, and a better management of it.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I would prefer they continue to upgrade and improve the S4 for as long as possible. Once S5 launches we start over. That means years of waiting for seasons, university, cats and dogs, etc plus all the things we still want from S4 like generations.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    hrm....I rather they upgraded Sims 2 than 4 but ok.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2020
    I thought this article was interesting. An interview from a simguru.
    It sounds like ts4 has a long way to go! I know some are happy with ts4 and some are ready for ts5. Personally I'm thrilled to hear there is so much more to do with this title.😁😁😁😁😁
    I'm quite excited for the future of this game. It only gets better. (In my humble opinion)
    https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/simgurugraham-on-the-future-of-the-sims-4-theres-way-more-that-we-can-still-do-with-this-title/?__twitter_impression=true
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    I would be happy if it wasn’t so glitchy. My game is functioning quite badly these days with or without mods. If they plan to keep moving forward for a long time with this game then they need to step up and actually fix it’s problems instead of just adding more to them.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I am really glad to hear this. I am not plagued with a lot of issues with my game. I currently have some really good storylines going and I would like to develop more. I know how to function in this environment and learning a new one is not really a high priority for me. It's funny how some people tend to have a lot of problems and others very few. I wonder how they can fix that?
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
    bella_goth wrote: »

Ooops I didn't see this topic open. Thanks. Please merge @EA_Mai
    I am really glad to hear this. I am not plagued with a lot of issues with my game. I currently have some really good storylines going and I would like to develop more. I know how to function in this environment and learning a new one is not really a high priority for me. It's funny how some people tend to have a lot of problems and others very few. I wonder how they can fix that?

I honestly wonder this also? Even before I upgraded my pc I had minimum problems. I would get lag on huge lots but no glitches no crashes no nothing. A few common bugs.
    Now I upgraded and I'm even lag free. I really do wonder why some people experience so many issues and others don't.🤔 my game is super smooth.
    edited November 2020
    I'm super thrilled and excited for the future! I would love to see an emotional overhaul too. The sentiments was really big start and I adore the sim profiles. I want to see more sentiments and open neighborhoods would take it to the next level.
    We need more negative traits and emotions including fear. And many more traits like brave/coward/neurotic etc.
    I would be throughly satisfied depth wise with those changes and additions.
    Other than that bring on the packs baby
    I'm up for any and everything!!😎😎😎

I'm prepared to upgrade my hardware to whatever they throw at me in order to get the best experience if need be. But so far my pc has handled this and 30 thousand peices of cc with reshade and mods like a champ. 😎
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think the longer the Sims 4 continues the harder it will be on computer systems and the more bugs that people will run into and the more that players won't be able to play it. Plus the switch to EA Desktop isn't going to be an easy task on any of the games and might run into issues with that. I'm still keeping an eye on Paralives and their progress. Personally I'm ok with the Sims staying old that way it is easier for competition to come in so customers have something actually new to play. I hope competition comes in soon. Sims 4 is just starting to feel old and like yesterday's news. There are only so much DLC you can put into a title before it becomes completely instable.

I do know if with the more cartoon style games, they have come a long way both with graphics and gameplay. The new Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales shows the direction future games are going:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T03PxxuCfDA

I think Minecraft is going to be one of those timeless games that will last beyond the Sims 4 like how WOW is.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member

Also would enjoy better sim AI/awareness, like understanding "someone is preparing a group meal right now, so I don't need to start cooking food", "oh, someone is at my door, and I just shouted come on in, so I better walk downstairs to greet them rather than keep trolling this forum", "I'm about to pee myself, so I really should use a toilet rather than just checking the toddler and put him into the highchair, and then take him out again to sit down in a different room because I need to ask him if he would like me to change his diaper and I can't ask him unless we both sit down, which he then accepts so I will change HIS diaper - while I pee in MY pants right after and the rest of the day goes down the drain because of my bad mood", "Hey there was a house fire and I'm about to panic, but although I was about to run outside and bring the kids to safety, I just noticed that the fire was put out so I can actually stop panicking" and finally "I know it's freezing Winter, so instead of hanging here next to the mailbox until I freeze to death, I'll just change from my summer wear to winter wear even if nobody told me to do so".

This sums up my pet peeves about the game, especially the toddler part.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    As long as it doesn't require a new PC. I'm not rich, I only have Windows 10 with the current tech stuff.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited November 2020
    I would not call the possibilities with the sims4 "humongous". The same game that was released in 2013 is still there and the way Maxis are making packs have not changed that much.

A sims 4.5 would take so many more years to make that when we have reached that point, fans are not even going to feel that it is a 4.5 because too much time has passed.

Upgrading the game is not going to happen.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited November 2020

I honestly wonder this also? Even before I upgraded my pc I had minimum problems. I would get lag on huge lots but no glitches no crashes no nothing. A few common bugs.
    Now I upgraded and I'm even lag free. I really do wonder why some people experience so many issues and others don't.🤔 my game is super smooth.

Maybe the game is more sensitive to different types of hardware now, I'm not sure. I find it strange that the game seems to lag for gamechangers who usually run very good computers because they do a lot of video editing.

As for the article, I think it means that they are going to keep making the same content for several more years. I would prefer if they would move on and aim for higher goals. I don't think the game is going to reach something that would feel like an upgrade.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I'm personally happy about this, I just feel that the sims 4 needs more meat too the base game and game breaking bugs needs too be fixed first, they better not repeat what they done too the sims 3, the sims 4 is far too expensive too do that with and theres too much packs too pick and choose what ones too play, I'm sorry I paid for my packs so I'm playing with all my packs at the same time, and tbh if they do this again i wont play the sims 5, if leaving games broken is what they are going too do, I wont give them another penny on the sims 5, they can shove it !
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I'm ready for TS5. To me, the biggest problem with TS4 is that Sims have a lack of any real identity--that would require such a massive overhaul to fix, and I don't think the base game is capable of it
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,667 Member
    Could it be that EA has actually decided not to make a 5th edition of this game? Perhaps they see that the major difference would be tech specs, and not the content?

I like TS4 and I think the way it's structured allows for endless additions, because we never load more than a limited amount of the game content. The critical issue in my case - and I'm on an old low-end computer, is that I must avoid to fill up my harddrive because that is the biggest reason for game lagging. I'm still happily surprised when finding that adding a new pack doesn't impact much negatively on game performance (drop of fps I learned to accept years ago, but it's hardly got worse over the past 4 years and 10 added packs + loads of CC.

Of course, it all depends on what direction the team chooses. If they also improve on what we already got, I'll be glad. This was actually a major section in one of the past surveys. I'm eager to see both improved personalities and AI/awareness. And of course a new world, but I don't need a new world and 10 new dining chairs in every pack.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    Could it be that EA has actually decided not to make a 5th edition of this game? Perhaps they see that the major difference would be tech specs, and not the content?

I like TS4 and I think the way it's structured allows for endless additions, because we never load more than a limited amount of the game content. The critical issue in my case - and I'm on an old low-end computer, is that I must avoid to fill up my harddrive because that is the biggest reason for game lagging. I'm still happily surprised when finding that adding a new pack doesn't impact much negatively on game performance (drop of fps I learned to accept years ago, but it's hardly got worse over the past 4 years and 10 added packs + loads of CC.

Of course, it all depends on what direction the team chooses. If they also improve on what we already got, I'll be glad. This was actually a major section in one of the past surveys. I'm eager to see both improved personalities and AI/awareness. And of course a new world, but I don't need a new world and 10 new dining chairs in every pack.

Funny you mentioned this. I kinda think the same thing. I remember a "leaked source" that said one of the devs (I think) said there won't be a sims 5.
    Rather or not it's true i don't know. But i wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't.

It's 2021 almost. People demand and expect sims 3+sims 2 combined with 2021 style realistic graphics and sims 2 detailed animations, open world, base game pets and seasons, color wheel and a ton of other stuff. It would probably fry everyone's pc. And if they can't or don't deliver the angry demanding mob combined with the over sensitive cancel culture will come for their necks and riot online.

Not saying people's complaints aren't genuine but I haven't had a single issue performance wise and neither does a friend I know. I still believe it comes down to the "brand" of pc. I think companies lie about true specs.
    And I honestly believe this game could pack on much more without major issues and I'm looking foward to it. Hence why they give us small worlds