Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ultimate Sim Challenge - 2020-2021 Edition

Comments

• Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    @GraceyManor it is fun, but it does take a while to complete. All expansions are needed as well as all worlds, but you can always play with what you do have like I’m doing currently. I know you have everything but I just mentioned it in case someone is missing an EP or store world. If you do try the challenge and need any advice, let me know.
  • Options
    EN8axbK.jpg
    Christopher and Brittany ate their breakfast together again, and I mean again as this is part of the day I had to replay when my computer cord shorted out.

fQofM4s.jpg
    Christopher then went to the third floor to start a small garden. He only planted some ingredients for Invigorating Elixirs.

tku8Ysq.jpg
    1hSVRJV.jpg
    Afterwards, I sent Brittany and Christopher to the park. Brittany went skating and Christopher was supposed to as well but Tori Kimura decided to give birth then.

X8xn03U.jpg
    Brittany ended up getting too cold so I continued their date at Varg's Tavern. Hardly anyone was there so it worked out well for them. After that, I sent them to eat at the Bistro then home for shower woohoo before heading to bed.

gLn9bhd.jpg
    Brittany ate breakfast the following day then I had her immediately work on 150 elixirs. She's getting close, just a few more to go.

8iBldjw.jpg
    Later, I had her go looking for more life fruit. It's not so much for her now as it is for Christopher as I'm keeping him younger a bit so he won't be too old when I have them have Lauren. Anyway, apparently Zelda Mae and Jamie Jolina's romantic relationship is in bad shape. I turned up my settings a bit so gender preference is varied.

S0SehLi.jpg
    Cycl0n3 and Hank aren't getting along either. They are not a couple as Hank is still with Pauline but they do not like each other. I've been reading a story where these two make fun of each other so it's a bit funny they are fighting in my game.
  • Options
    SL1oLhs.jpg
    Sunday came around and with it came the first day of spring. Christopher decided to do this autonomously, I just snapped the pic.

nEtDhMh.jpg
    woQKKCe.jpg
    Fiona McIrish (or as I called her, McSimbot) happened to be at Aleister's Alchemy Store so I had Brittany through a Potent Cure Elixir at her. She sure does seem happy to be back to normal.

CJOcbJw.jpg
    Back at home, Brittany had a wish to hunt with a pack. I don't know why but every time I do that, the other members don't want to hunt with her. I'm not sure if you need to have at least three werewolves or if something is wrong but it at least completed the wish.

wpWi14R.jpg
    On Monday, Brittany only had one toddler to take care of. That part went very well and the kid was in a swing in no time.

sfDXw3H.jpg
    I was going to have her teach him to walk but his needs went down so I put him back in the swing.

Y19ZQG1.jpg
    The part I struggled with was when the four elementary school kids came. You have to try and get them to do homework but there really isn't enough time to do so. Let's hope tonights gameplay goes better or Brittany will have to go for a 5th week of daycare.
  • Options

djznSBp.jpg
    0TARgYi.jpg
    Not a lot to comment on. Brittany found some random things to do before daycare starts. She chatted with someone random then also made some more elixirs.

aLKBnAs.jpg
    Christopher woke up and harvest the wolfsbane. I'm trying to get his gardening skill up so he can grow life fruit. I can also use Young Again Elixirs for Brittany but I want to keep life fruit for Christopher so he lives just a tad bit longer than he normally would.

bOf3GN9.jpg
    She then took care of the one toddler until the older kids came. Brittany gained a nice amount of experience so she may not have to go extra days.

xz7Oamg.jpg
    After the day was over, I sent her off to the restaurant to finish off an opportunity. Here, she is talking with Darlene Bunch for the talking to three people part of the opportunity. It got her $2000 and some celebrity points.

96hVwyF.jpg
    Then on Wednesday morning, Brittany and Christopher watched TV together before daycare started. Brittany had another successful day and was lucky enough to get her final promotion. She will continue in the daycare career until Saturday then on Week 5 Day 1, she'll start the business career. What I plan on doing is to play through Saturday then take a break to play another save file before returning to this one.

***Short and sweet. There wasn't really a ton of things to take pictures of, hence the small update.
  • Options
    Decided to play a couple of days tonight, more happened in these two days then the two or three in my last update. Since I'm not tired yet, I decided to go ahead and post it tonight so I only have feedback tomorrow evening. There should be at least one more update after this before I take a hiatus to play the Langerak save. As for Ava's story, I doubt I'll continue it as two saves are enough for me right now. I'll keep the save file just in case though so it could make a return. Anyway, here is the update.

X8hkzqE.jpg
    Christopher went stir crazy around the time Brittany had finished her last day of daycare. I decided to have him do the shopping at the alchemy store while Brittany ate her supper with Abraham. I ended up with several ingredients and a few elixirs too.

fTfQkdb.jpg
    On Love Day, Brittany was a bit further ahead of Christopher who was working on the small, upstairs garden this morning. Brittany used the transmogrifier to wreak havoc on relationships again. I forgot how many she's done but she has to do 30 altogether and it doesn't matter when. It just has to be done before the full challenge is over.

stv8rrT.jpg
    Once Christopher was finished, the young couple headed to the diner for breakfast. They have a fridge full of food but they both needed to get out and enjoy the sunny day.

noauOHx.jpg
    Py3PWfW.jpg
    Then I sent them to the park to get a photo taken before they tried out the Love Tester. It told them it didn't know what love was until they showed it what love is. Once that was finished, the couple decided to show off their dance skills to a Leann Rimes song. It's on one of the radio stations in Simlish.

BLQdOhC.jpg
    Brittany then was invited to Claire Ursine's party so I had her and Christopher go there. The rain dampened their time at the park and Brittany had been wanting to see Sheree Ursine anyway. Sheree had been one of her toddlers and children in daycare and is also the alternate universe version of Fawn Ursine-Jones from the Jones/Langerak save. Sandi French is the woman who is watching them hug.
    Fawn Jones is the 2nd generation wife of a save I share on Emorrill's "What Happened in Your Sims 3 Game Today?" thread. That is the only place I share that save as I didn't see a reason to make a thread for it.

U7hNzem.jpg
    Christopher decided to chat with Connor Frio for a bit. Brittany was mingling with as many of the guests as she possibly could, just because she can.

5yQrvJ7.jpg
    Several Sims, including mine, decided to all watch television together. Claire almost peed herself as she wouldn't leave the TV but since I needed to send Brittany and Christopher home, I shut it off. Of course, this made them all throw up their hands and grumble in disgust.

EYjIGRV.jpg
    Back at home, Christopher popped the question and Brittany said yes. Love Day was the same day he proposed in my other attempt so I decided to repeat at least that part. They will have their wedding when I play tomorrow night, right before the small hiatus on the challenge.

yL0sAdf.jpg
    No words needed here, you can pretty much tell what they are doing. I will say one thing though, Brittany is not pregnant at this point. That will probably be a couple updates from now.

uxFHyiI.jpg
    Christopher went to bed but Brittany had to rant because her rebel influence went down again. At least the megaphone makes it easy but it'll get harder when she has to learn the nerd and jock influences too. This time, she ranted about politics, something a lot of us may be familiar with right now.

7PDEjDt.jpg
    Brittany did one hunt with Abraham only because she had a wish to do so and it would give me the 40,000 points for the Collection Helper.

qLsn2Zg.jpg
    Thanks to the Helper, I was able to have Brittany catch another butterfly. She now needs 7 more insects until I get the two EPs I needed to replace back. I think it'll just be the fireflies that it will add to the game and maybe a few gems and metals.

vKOhB9J.jpg
    It's not a have to thing but the challenge creator said you may as well use the daycare van for a bit because you work hard to get it. Christopher took the fancy car for now but I'll give it back to her at a later date.

ogMdd53.jpg
    Then Christopher got an opportunity that he and Brittany keep getting. I had him talk with all the people he needed when Brittany arrived from bug hunting. I located where another insect is but the guide I read said I may have to collect the insects there until this particular one spawns. Anyway, Brittany also got the same celebrity opportunity and she finished hers shortly after Christopher. I sent them off to bed once they got home and shut down the game. I just didn't feel like doing a wedding tonight.

***Brittany and Christopher's wedding will be a fun day to play but will also probably be the only big wedding she has. Her future husbands will probably only get private weddings or just weddings with the household. If you remember the previous attempts, you'll already have an idea who she'll marry in season two and three. After that, it'll be a surprise for all of us as I have no clue who her husband will be in the remaining 16 seasons/towns.
  • Options
    KOcFizE.jpg
    Saturday morning came around and our young couple ate breakfast together. Today was the day for their wedding so I had them take care of their needs.

bTgCRA9.jpg
    Christopher then took care of the two wolfsbane plants as well as his one mushroom. He is somewhere around level 7 gardening, heading towards 8.

WiyaTpt.jpg
    Then it was time for the wedding. A lot of Sunset Valley's older townies and some of the younger generations were among the guests. Also, Abraham and Sue attended as well as the male maid the family hired.

0IvwPyb.jpg
    dMCOFBh.jpg
    Exchanging rings and vows.

RXppsKF.jpg
    (Re)Introducing, Mr. and Mrs. Christopher Steel! Now that they are married, Christopher is getting cut off from life fruit. He has around a week until aging to Adult so he'll still be around most if not all of Sunset Valley.

y06HWhk.jpg
    Time to cut the cake. Brittany was a little bit later getting there so Christopher went ahead and cut the cake. Most of the guests should be familiar to most of you.

wyHb2Am.jpg
    Christopher and Brittany were lucky as they got their cake without any issue. Sam Sekemoto decided to sit with his former caretaker and was happy to be invited.

Mnyma8k.jpg
    I had Brittany initiate some fun with the sprinkler and had her invite some Sims to join her. This helped make the wedding more enjoyable for the guests.

dDUJazB.jpg
    Consummating the marriage, although she won't get pregnant until the following week. It'll be nice to have a kid to develop again in a save, last time there child was pretty much an Ultimate Sim herself (at least in skills).

sEkxpCI.jpg
    We've made it past the first four weeks in Sunset Valley. There are 6 more weeks to finish before the family can move to the next town. Brittany quit the daycare job then uploaded her resume. She will start at level 4 in the Business career when I come back from my short hiatus of the challenge.

TfCi7Uj.jpg
    She's also kind of lucky because she is at least acquaintances with her coworkers already. I just used the transmogrifier so she is best friends with her boss and her coworkers. Promotions should come rather quickly as I know they did the last time too.

3ujMy7E.jpg
    And lastly, she found a Trilobite Beetle which makes 7 more insects to go. I sent her to China afterwards to look for a Red Assassin Bug but she didn't have any luck. She'll probably have to go back some time after the hiatus.
  • Options
    4DOtmUI.jpg
    Later Sunday morning, Brittany worked on her 150 elixir skill challenge. She's around 45 from reaching the goal.

qF3oqD1.jpg
    The repairman came to fix everything broken but he left the puddle for Christopher and Brittany to clean up.

nsjbzuJ.jpg
    Before bed, the young couple had a nice chat. It didn't lead to woohoo, they just needed a nice chat.

g30xPbD.jpg
    Monday came around and Brittany took off for her first day in the business career. She starts at level 4 due to having a business degree.

YCEnFV4.jpg
    Christopher had a celebrity opportunity so I had him work on that. He didn't finish it yet but is working on it.

r4tKidF.jpg
    He made it to the park where he did some fishing. He didn't get much in but at least it made him happy.

JPtyvop.jpg
    Christopher then stopped to chat with Stiles McGraw who was taking pictures of him on his phone. Christopher talked to him for a bit but then went on.

9MTqtj6.jpg
    As he was getting hungry, I decided to have him enter a hotdog eating contest. Unfortunately, he lost and vomited all over nearby.

7m19lrt.jpg
    Brittany power worked the whole shift and was lucky enough to get promoted to level 5 in the business career. It won't take her too long at this rate.

cOQL4jK.jpg
    I sent her to the park to get something to eat. Christopher had a sick to his stomach moodlet (or whatever it is called) so I went ahead and sent him home.

pjbB5ic.jpg
    Once that was finished, she had to deliver a dossiere to the science facility. This gave her a $3 raise but it won't matter too much as she'll get promoted the following day, more than likely. I actually don't know because as I write this, she is still at work as I'm currently playing.

MCIwkcH.jpg
    I almost forgot to have Christopher take care of the plants but I was lucky enough to remember. I had to kick him off the computer though to get it done.

X9K38Xo.jpg
    When Brittany went to work, shortly before I paused to type up this update, Christopher spent some time on the computer again. It's raining outside so I'll find indoor things for him to do.

J2LyFa5.jpg
    I then had him clean up the dead plants and get the mail before talking with Abraham. Today is Christophers birthday but I won't share that part of the update tonight. It hasn't happened yet but that's where I'll be resuming my game once I post this.
  • Options
    xFZYENG.jpg
    Shortly after the previous update ended, Brittany was again promoted, this time to level 6 of the business career. I never know what exactly to take a picture of for a promotion so a headshot it is.

Icj4bAI.jpg
    Christopher was still working on finishing the opportunity he had when Brittany came home. Speaking of, this is day 3 of week 5. (Mainly for my benefit to remember when things took place later on.)

ETt8bV4.jpg
    ucEneYd.jpg
    Then it was time to celebrate Christopher's birthday. He aged up to Adulthood then ate birthday cake with Brittany and Sue Scotch.

lNPVIjr.jpg
    By the time that was finished, I sent Christopher on to bed while Brittany made a few elixirs before she too went to bed.

AKShqaz.jpg
    Wednesday morning, Brittany drank the elixir in the previous picture. I've been having her alternating between sleeping and using invigorating elixirs.

ZtHEriq.jpg
    The fridge is still full of things from a previous party so I've been trying to get them to finish it up. Some already had to be thrown away but Brittany won't get the awesome fridge until next season.

i3HStfv.jpg
    Once that was done, I had Brittany use the Multitab to bring her fun bar up while Christopher decided to read a book on his. Shortly after that, Brittany left for work.

Mbyp0Fg.jpg
    Sc7NBap.jpg
    I sent Christopher to join the writer career as that was his wish. It also fits in better because when they have their daughter, he'll be home to take care of her. I then sent him back home to work on his first book, 'Real Steel'.

DfPTn5F.jpg
    Brittany got promoted to level 7 in the business career Wednesday and now will get Leisure Day off. Hmm, should have played that tonight to coincide with Labor Day. Oh well, not going to do that.

Yf8w5jQ.jpg
    I decided to have them eat out for supper, even though it was raining. As you can see, Brittany was pretty hungry.

R2Sl8FF.jpg
    Then Brittany brought up that she wanted to try for a child and asked Christopher what he thought. He thought that was wonderful because he was getting older and would need to hurry up to help her on that requirement. I heard the chimes and checked the gender and saw it will be a female so I didn't have to try and change it. In an update or two, Lauren will be born and I'll try to develop her skills like the previous version of her.

5w7q5X7.jpg
    Christopher went to bed content while Brittany was still under the effects of the Invigorating Elixir. I had her read a book for work then shut the game down for the night.
  • Options
    1Mr8oNj.jpg
    Somehow things were a tad bit messed up when I played last night. Christopher was shown to be asleep but was standing next to the bed. Sending him back to bed fixed that but not sure why that happened. Anyway, Brittany was still under the effects of a Potent Invigorating Elixir so she was awake when Abraham Finkel aged up to Adult.

UCXNiFF.jpg
    Since she was awake, I had her read a book for a job opportunity. I didn't think that one through though because Brittany is pregnant and the opportunity probably will expire before she returns to work.

S3z40BK.jpg
    When Christopher got up, he and Brittany ate leftovers for breakfast. I'm getting closer to cleaning the refrigerator out but if they don't use it all soon, I'll throw it away and have Christopher make new.

JESfsW2.jpg
    Once the dishes were done, Brittany and Christopher did some romantic interactions before I sent them upstairs to get cleaned up together.

M0RNqRp.jpg
    Once he was cleaned up and his fun bar was maxed, Christopher took care of the little garden.

Onm1Wjt.jpg
    Morning sickness hit Brittany for the first time since getting pregnant. She doesn't know she's pregnant officially yet but she can't transform to werewolf form.

Vbm47J8.jpg
    While waiting on Christopher, Brittany made a few elixirs. I noticed it had quit raining so I decided a trip to the park would be a nice thing to do.

PBCRUEI.jpg
    Brittany had a wish pop up to give Judy Bunch a Friendly Introduction but somehow they already knew each other so that didn't work. I had them chat a bit anyway.

OMR7Hhf.jpg
    The ladies were chatting while Christopher was fishing. He caught some fish he can either sell or use for fertilizer, unless they are something that would be decent to eat.

jeImBZS.jpg
    I had a bit of a deja vu moment when Brittany and Christopher got invited to the Langerak's for a Leisure Day party. In the first attempt at the challenge, they got invited there on the exact same day. I didn't mention it until now but this update took place on the second Leisure day in Sunset Valley. Kaylynn stopped Brittany from going in so Brittany posed for a picture.

KR1WAJ1.jpg
    Christopher talked with Dustin Langerak who now looks younger than Iliana due to being a fairy. If you remember, he was one of the luckier Sims targeted by Brittany when throwing 150 elixirs.

***Part two coming up in a few minutes. It's a continuation of Leisure Day and the following day (Friday.)
  • Options
    HR6xFE6.jpg
    Abraham was freaking out about something while Christopher relaxed in the sun. Brittany had a chat with her former daycare child, Sam Sekemoto. It's hard to believe he's a young adult already, seems like yesterday when she was taking care of him.

ciySqru.jpg
    For supper, I had them leave the party and go to the Bistro. River McIrish and Molly French were there too, thinking about Fiona McIrish for some reason.

xmurXFe.jpg
    I had Brittany chat with River. I'm happy there aren't any hard feelings from when a Simbot Converter elixir was thrown at her mother by Brittany. Of course, it could be because I cured her later on.

iToxBuQ.jpg
    A little bit before 11pm, Brittany got her notice that she is pregnant. She didn't tell anyone at this time due to the late hour.

RvMNmac.jpg
    I had almost forgot but Brittany's Rebel Influence had dropped a few hour prior so I had her rant again to get it back to 10.

N1RyEWo.jpg
    Friday morning, Christopher finished his first book called Real Steel. Unfortunately, it was a flop and will only make him $13 for the next six weeks. He then started work on his second book called 'George Washingsim: A Biography'. As you can tell, I have a hard time making up book titles but I get tired of using the generated ones. He finally got promoted later on in the day to level two of the writing career.

SP1gin3.jpg
    Brittany was at the library to read a pregnancy book for a wish. She wished to have a boy as well but I didn't choose it since I wanted a female so I could have Lauren again.

RcC6GJQ.jpg
    Even though she is pregnant, she can still do meetings. I had her do three of them so that her performance would go up when she returns to work. All else is good, just not the meetings.

w7mG3gK.jpg
    Back at home, it was time to work on more elixirs. She's getting closer but is still shy of about 30 or so.

ojH7LQS.jpg
    And lastly, Brittany revealed the pregnancy to Christopher and he wanted to feel the baby kick. If things time out right, the next update will have the (re)birth of Lauren Steel. Only think is, she won't be exactly like the original but will have a similar look and 4 of 5 traits the original had.
  • Options
    New updates coming this weekend, and we'll see Brittany give birth to her daughter, continue her career, and much more. It won't be tomorrow night as I'll be playing and taking pictures for the update to be posted the following day (Saturday, most likely).
  • Options
    yBls4ig.jpg
    Brittany woke up Saturday morning way too early so I just had her use a Potent Invigorating Elixir since she didn't seem to want to sleep.

wKywSel.jpg
    Christopher had a big mess to clean up in the bathroom. I guess when I last stopped, the repairman had left but I forgot to have anyone clean up.

T8sXIMe.jpg
    I was lucky this time as they both were awake to have breakfast together. For some reason not shown in the photo, Christopher's food was invisible.

4B9zi3F.jpg
    Christopher worked on his second book some more and was able to finish it. He didn't end up getting a promotion but it won't be long.

7qpd6TC.jpg
    Then it was time for a pool party. Malcolm Landgraab was one of the first guests to show up so he had a chat with Brittany.

YVLROrj.jpg
    Christopher decided to play in the sprinkler where Vita Alto and her daughter-in-law Zelda Mae-Alto were playing. Zelda recently married Holly Alto due to me changing my settings.

J4wvQra.jpg
    Brittany started chatting with Holly Mae-Alto when Geoffrey and Malcolm decided to relax in the sun.

WZsX3Kc.jpg
    b89W66t.jpg
    Christopher was swimming in the pool when I decided to have him skinny dip. No one seemed phased by it, at least from what I saw.

SF8B7Xx.jpg
    Brittany did a little match making to stir up some issues around town. She made Holly and Malcolm become romantic interests before suggesting Holly Try for Baby with him. As you can see, both were receptive to this idea. Explain that to your wife, Holly. :naughty: Also, Leighton had water around his head still, not sure what happened there.

aSwSa3a.jpg
    Lastly, Brittany went into labor and gave birth to a daughter that I named Lauren Steel. Technically this is a rebirth due to the fact I decided to somewhat follow my other attempts at this challenge. Her traits are Easily Impressed and Genius.
  • Options
    gifxVZN.jpg
    Being a parent is a demanding, yet rewarding experience, as Brittany is finding out. She loves taking care of Lauren and is always the first one to run to her when she needs something.

h3LVvmD.jpg
    Christopher got up shortly after that and he sat down to have breakfast with his wife. Brittany's day was going to be much busier than Christopher's so he was going to stay with Lauren.

nErAMGi.jpg
    Christopher's first task of the day was taking care of the little alchemy garden on the top floor. It just consists of items to make Potent Invigorating Elixirs for when Brittany needs one to get something done.

nhAbWB7.jpg
    Down below, Brittany was working on her alchemy skill challenge where she must make 150 elixirs. She's less than 25 away from completing that skill challenge.

0bD81Pk.jpg
    Once Brittany left for three business meetings, Christopher needed to take care of Lauren's needs again. After a quick diaper change, he bonded some with his daughter.

759Ctla.jpg
    When her needs were met, Christopher then started working on his next book, a horror novel. He didn't get too far into it but it's a start anyway. Also, I had an issue where Christopher reset every time he tried to put Lauren in the crib. Apparently from what I learned on another thread, the Imaginary Friends can cause this issue so that's why you see it standing by the wall instead of in Lauren's inventory or crib.

AVvzRKa.jpg
    Even the roommates are falling in love with Lauren. While her parents were doing opportunities at the Bistro, Sue took care of her.

***Another short one. I've been doing some other things lately so I have been somewhat limiting the time I play. It should pick up soon though.
  • Options
    X7TKxGm.jpg
    Lauren was first up again so I had Christopher take care of her. His relationship with her increased to friend so now she is friends with both parents.

wtZ3UEa.jpg
    Today was also Lauren's birthday. As Brittany is closer to her than Christopher (at the time), she was the one to take her to the cake.

9QQWTzS.jpg
    She's a cute little toddler, although as I mentioned before, I was going to replace whatever the original look was to look closer to the original Lauren. It's just something about her eyes that I can't get right. Her nose is Brittany's while her lips are somewhat like Christopher's, just not as thick. Regardless, she's close enough for me to deal with it.

J8KJpE2.jpg
    Lauren went to play while the four adults ate the birthday cake. I let her pick whatever toy she was drawn to until an adult was available to interact with her.

lisohvc.jpg
    Christopher was ready so I had him start to teach Lauren to use the potty. I have a good plan that will make sure I get this done, as you'll see in a minute.

Qfwr6oV.jpg
    Brittany went to city hall to throw a protest against unskilled Sims. I mentioned before that a successful protest of this kind gives Brittany a 2 day moodlet for faster skill learning. However, it doesn't just help Brittany but the entire household gets the moodlet too. This will make sure Lauren gets a great head start.

7mOWVPx.jpg
    While Brittany was busy with her protest, Christopher started to teach Lauren to walk. The protest wasn't done so it did take the original time to partially learn the skill.

pWXvrjp.jpg
    When Brittany got back, she continued her work towards 150 elixirs. She was very close but I had to have her stop to take care of other business.

EVXnEHG.jpg
    Most of the afternoon, Christopher read all the toddler books to Lauren at the library. I can't remember what skills they help with but it'll giver her a good head start. I'll have to look at how skilled the original Lauren was and see if I can compete with that. She'll be more of an Ultimate Sim than Brittany by adulthood, although Brittany will have skill challenges done and other accomplishments that Lauren won't.

veT2jPT.jpg
    Before bed, I like to have my toddler use the potty but Lauren was too tired to even attempt it. Brittany let her sleep just long enough to make her feel more refreshed then resumed training. Due to the moodlet, Lauren learned the potty skill so there is only walking and talking left. After that, I had Brittany put her back in the crib. In a few days, I'll have to make Sue and Abraham share a room as I need a bedroom for Lauren.

5Qers5B.jpg
    The following morning, Brittany was the first up. She ate her breakfast while Sue Scotch was drinking for her breakfast.

ajxTZsg.jpg
    Ue77XWQ.jpg
    Brittany then began to train Lauren in the last two skills. It didn't take very long and Lauren had learned both skills. Now there really isn't much more she can learn until she ages up.

23M4e1N.jpg
    That took long enough that Brittany had to eat again. Christopher was working on his newest book so they didn't really have a conversation. I'm hoping this next book gains him a promotion but I'm not counting on it.

cpwB8BJ.jpg
    Brittany and Lauren have more fun now she is a toddler. Christopher didn't have a lot of interactions with her today but he'll be playing babysitter when Brittany goes back to work in a day or two.

k0Brvy7.jpg
    rX37D8W.jpg
    He did get some romantic time with his wife though, something they hadn't had much time for in the previous days. However, they will not have another child together but they will have at least one grandchild in the near future from Lauren and her future husband. I'm keeping it at one child per husband for this save, although that may not be the case if she has twins or triplets. The rules, as far as I know, don't say you have to have multiples but I may do it just to add to the list of things that are possible for Sims to accomplish.
  • Options
    Update coming tomorrow!
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    LzYDvsY.jpg
    Brittany was the first one up on Wednesday morning, even though she didn't have anything she had to do. She is still on maternity leave so she doesn't have work and the following day would be a holiday. She won't return to work until Friday.

AkhFrl0.jpg
    Lauren was very happy to get her breakfast this morning. I never seem to use the high chair but it's not really a priority to me anyway.

pYKg4p6.jpg
    Brittany needed to do meetings for work, even though she is on maternity leave. I think I had her do 3 or 4 of them so she got up to $3000, plus her leave pay.

2eh8Zrb.jpg
    Lauren really only had one more toddler skill available to her that I have installed in my game. Christopher spent some bonding time with her while she played.

Tog66qS.jpg
    Once Lauren finished the skill, I had Christopher start working some more on his latest book. It must be a long one because he still didn't finish it.

R7TGrCi.jpg
    Brittany spent some time with Lauren once she finished up her meetings. I'm trying to make sure everyone is staying friends with each other.

HOD1k7d.jpg
    Brittany has trouble sleeping as there is talk that a highly skilled werewolf doesn't need to sleep as much. Either way, I made sure she wouldn't get tired to early by having her drink a Potent Invigorating Elixir.

5cUGw0p.jpg
    Since she was the first one up, I also had her take care of Lauren as her needs were dropping. It was a bit earlier than I'd have liked but I just let it be.

P4AZCcT.jpg
    A trip to the alchemy store wasn't very fruitful as I didn't really find much I wanted to have Brittany buy.

YrWIMoz.jpg
    Abraham Finkel, the Steel's roommate, had impregnated Sue Scotch, the other roommate and she was about to have her kid. I made Brittany cancel the roommates, although the rules say to keep them until moving to town number two. I don't really care, but I am following most rules. Anyway, once that was done, she picked up Troy and talked to Lauren "through" him. Lauren really seemed to enjoy it.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
  • Options
    Decided to resume the challenge so here is the first update.

WlxYpvS.jpg
    Brittany can't cook yet because that skill is locked until Season Two of this challenge. This means Christopher makes the meals for the family but due to a recent party, the family had a ton of food to eat in the fridge.

qBqK1Hs.jpg
    Apparently I had her drink a Potent Invigorating elixir the previous night so she didn't have to eat. Instead, I had her transform and look for the insects that were added with Island Paradise and Showtime. I'm currently working on buying all the towns I don't have yet as Brittany will need to visit them all in this challenge and because I want them all anyway.

guRg4lE.jpg
    Later on though, Brittany had to go to work. Currently, she is at level 7 in that career and will soon reach the top. Once this happens, she'll get a job at the bookstore and then the family will move to Riverview to start Season Two.

6RHzNeS.jpg
    I wasn't sure if Christopher had started a book as I haven't played this save since October when some unhappy times started for me. Apparently, he was halfway through a book so I had him try to finish it as Leighton Sekemoto wants a biography written.

oV0AjCK.jpg
    In my original attempt of this challenge back in 2019, Lauren had an IF named Troy. In this attempt, she also named him Troy just so I could keep things somewhat similar. I don't have the original Lauren but I made this version look as close as I can get her.

dtUEZ5w.jpg
    Christopher's career makes sure that someone is always home with Lauren. I'll probably have to have him leave sometime so he doesn't go stir-crazy but he enjoys being a father.

UG2Bd7y.jpg
    I pushed Brittany a bit too far trying to get a promotion which caused her to leave work to transform. At least she should get promoted after her next shift.

RhQL9j7.jpg
    Brittany's fun meter was very red so I had her quickly raise it with the MultiTab.

T8ULzH2.jpg
    She was then invited to a party at Blair Wainwrights so I let her go. However, she didn't even know Blair so I fixed that right away.

ezZKzsB.jpg
    She also met Ayesha Alvi. I'm not sure but I think she married Iqbal.

iYj2BWM.jpg
    She had already met Boyd Wainwright before but she wanted to stop him from heckling Connor Frio. I'm not sure what transpired there.
  • Options
    DtkYwLV.jpg
    Christopher had to fix the shower and mop the bathroom floor. Since Brittany is always busy with challenge stuff, and due to the fact she can't do certain skills, Christopher has to take care of the house.

TLkSFq5.jpg
    Lauren got up around the same time so Brittany had to let her out to eat.

EZZf4ep.jpg
    I hadn't opened this save up for awhile, and it was before I got Showtime. That is the reason why I had Brittany research alchemy again, she needed to learn to make the Genie Elixir. Now she has all alchemy skill challenges complete.

BHaPmk4.jpg
    There was hardly anything I could have Brittany do so I had her throw a party. Basically, she only has two jobs to complete and work on finding insects and she can only do one of those on the weekend. The jobs only are on weekdays and hunting is just whenever I want her to try and find something.

gqkREjs.jpg
    Being a celebrity has its perks because Brittany gets many gifts. However, a lot of them are things I don't need so I just sell them off.

e9FEGEE.jpg
    It has been a bit hard to find time for Brittany and Christopher to get romantic so I let them flirt around and kiss before the guests showed up to the costume party.

C3uujVJ.jpg
    I don't know how it happened, but they got costumes that match each other. Those that remember one of my previous attempts of this challenge may recall that they were both doctors for Spooky Day in that version. I'm only making mention of this for those who didn't know, but my longest attempt only made it to season 4 and there are 19 seasons of the challenge altogether.

VvtWK8W.jpg
    Bebe Hart had the same costume idea that Brittany and Christopher had. She may be Bebe something else now but I didn't pay attention.

PBPguDj.jpg
    It's been a few days since playing this update so I can't remember what Christopher got mad about but he told Holly Alto off. What is it with my Sims hating her? In the Langerak save, Fawn Jones hated her too.

DzAcCs1.jpg
    Erin Kennedy showed up to the party in military wear, and I believe that may be what job she took as well. I could be wrong, I don't pay attention to what SP tells me about townies, at least not in the USC. This is mostly due to the fact I have to move towns once the requirements are met.

fg2095u.jpg
    I caught River McIrish talking with Parker Langerak. She was with an older person romantically but I used the Relationship Transmogrifier and put her with Parker.

UEld7PY.jpg
    I had Brittany chat with her as well, just to gain another friend.

daHlZE0.jpg
    For supper, the Steels had some food that a guest brought over. Christopher looks like he may need the Heimlich but Brittany pays no attention. Maybe she figures she has to remarry in each town anyway, so she may as well get rid of him. :lol: Oh, that's another thing newcomers need to know, she'll have a new husband every town and has to have at least one child.

tZdSAQr.jpg
    Brittany's rebel influence status fell again to level 9 so I had to have her rant to get it back up to 10. She'll be doing this every so often due to the fact influences drop over time. Later, she'll have the nerd and jock influences to keep at 10 as well.

kvQiNpE.jpg
    And lastly, I had her do some hunting for fireflies, but using the Collection Helper. I'm just going to get Sunset Valley finished, then will try to get the insects left in the vacation destinations. The collection just has to be completed by the end of the challenge and will eventually include every rock, gem, insect, space rock, perfect plant, perfect fish, gnomes, basically anything that can be collected.

***Sorry for the delay in posting, work has been keeping me busy and my two days off were busy as well.
  • Options
    KsEIhbw.jpg
    Christopher got Lauren ready for her day because Brittany was a bit preoccupied with other things.

eD5jjiX.jpg
    Brittany came back from her recent hunting trip, where she was trying to find the fireflies (all caught now) to eat her breakfast.

3dG9QH0.jpg
    Christopher had the stir crazy moodlet so I decided to have him jog until it left. I didn't really have anything for him to do.

m4NwMCh.jpg
    Brittany didn't really have anything she had to do today so I mostly just had her hang out with the family. It's pretty much just finishing the two jobs at this point. (Business and bookstore) Riverview/Season Two isn't too much farther.

jWk1i8a.jpg
    Lauren had finished all the toddler skills that I have available so I just had her play with the block table. She also plays with her IF and the dollhouse.

woFG1ea.jpg
    Christopher asked Brittany out on a date as they hadn't had time to do so lately. Brittany agreed and they both switched into their formal wear to go out for supper.

XONeASd.jpg
    At the Bistro, Brittany ran into Shawn Keaton so she waved and said hello. Shawn is one of Marty and Justine's kids and is the older brother to Mack Keaton, the man that Lauren will marry later. Those of you who remember my previous attempt probably remember Mack, he'll be around again soon.

C6uLrul.jpg
    After a nice supper, I sent the Steels over to the stadium to watch a game. Christopher wanted to see a movie but they were almost over when I checked the theater.

9ZjEi3G.jpg
    When the game was over, Christopher gave his lovely wife a romantic dip kiss for everyone to see. This was the end of their date and they both went home.

r7fkqRJ.jpg
    After telling Christopher goodnight, I sent Brittany out hunting for insects. She didn't find anything she needed on this trip, but most of the insects are either the ant in Oasis Landing, destination insects (Assassin Beetle, etc.), or two more Will-O'-Wisps so that's probably why.
  • Options
    EaU6fBo.jpg
    After a night of hunting, Brittany returned home and ate some leftover birthday cake.

iTZ0QkN.jpg
    She wanted to make an elixir so I choose the liquid job booster. Because she is highly skilled, she made three of them.

mrS2Tga.jpg
    Some chores are worse than others. Brittany will be glad when Lauren is out of diapers, but she's still got 18 more kids to have before the challenge is over, plus the few grandkids she'll most likely have.

eF8t3r8.jpg
    She was very angry after doing the dishes because the sink broke. Handiness is locked right now so Christopher had to fix it.

FH7MWXx.jpg
    Christopher finally finished his latest book, A Haunting Season.

MJba8QE.jpg
    With that finished, I had him buy some recipe books as he had a wish to do so. I think I bought him the first 5 or six recipes.

SFsLN1K.jpg
    Brittany had work where she got another promotion. She now has two more level until she joins the part-time bookstore job.

iMAFJTX.jpg
    That night, I had her go around and catch the fireflies. I put in the last update that she got them all then but I forgot she didn't get the last one until now.

h0iDyP4.jpg
    In the morning, Christopher ate some breakfast before starting his day. He really doesn't have a lot going on still, other than writing his books.

3znMUKe.jpg
    Lauren playing with Troy.

K1DllIN.jpg
    When Brittany got back from work, it was time for Lauren's birthday.

trfXZy3.jpg
    She aged up to look pretty good, I did my best to recreate her face as I do not have the original Lauren anymore. I did give her a makeover after this picture. She gained Cat Lover as her trait because it was one her original self had. Only the last trait will be different because I didn't write down what her fifth one was.

UeJf9Pp.jpg
    The family got to share their first meal together and Lauren actually got solid food. Afterwards, Brittany had a meeting at the hospital for a job opportunity.

l5o4CY4.jpg
    Those who remember the previous attempt know that Lauren was a highly skilled Sim herself. I don't know how skilled I'll get her this time, but she'll still have more skills than her mother. Of course, Brittany will surpass her eventually, long after Lauren has passed away. However, Lauren and all other kids will be resurrected in Season 19 as it is a requirement.

KLZUVEF.jpg
    Lastly, Brittany threw a protest against unskilled Sims, not for her benefit, but so that Lauren would get the skill booster moodlet. This way, maybe Lauren will reach a point close to her counterpart from the other attempt.
  • Options
    fDkXc9D.jpg
    Now that Lauren is a child, school comes into play. Her mother signed her up for scouting but it appears she won't attend until close to the end of being a child. The first person she happened to meet in school was her future husband, Mack Keaton.

6A0Twjj.jpg
    Brittany needs to learn the different types of dancing so I went ahead and let her have some fun.

ToahWGH.jpg
    Christopher saw that Brittany was having fun so I had him join her. With my better laptop, dancing is a lot more enjoyable to watch.

Gdq6xPO.jpg
    Both Christopher and Brittany got the same opportunity to eat at the Bistro and promote it to 3 Sims so I had them go separately to get that accomplished.

Cfp3epE.jpg
    Back at home, they shared a kiss before going upstairs for some shower woohoo.

4oY9dGF.jpg
    Meanwhile, Lauren quickly learned her first potion, Radical Reparum. She is also at 5 or 6 now for logic, partly due to learning with the peg toy and partly from the skill boost moodlet.

Zo5RClo.jpg
    The following day, I had Lauren start to learn the child cooking skill. I've got a list of all the skills the original had but I'm not necessarily following that. Brittany has to be the main focus so the others just get to do whatever they want anyway.

hSs4j1K.jpg
    Brittany had a wish to use her megaphone so I decided to have her rant about Differential Calculus. She hasn't learned logic yet so she probably doesn't know calculus anyway.

EMj1zL3.jpg
    Since today was Snowflake Day, I decided to through a party for fellow Sims. This time, I cleared out the middle of the floor so there would be more room to maneuver.

iAsSK5O.jpg
    AEm7E4z.jpg
    Brittany and Lauren opened their presents, as did Christopher.

flRKPfS.jpg
    However, the party came to a grinding halt when Boyd Wainwright died. Nothing else really happened so I shut the game down.

***Think Brittany is visiting China tonight in hopes of finding an Assassin Beetle. There won't be many pictures of this so the next update may be small.
  • Options
    OPFhWIW.jpg
    After witnessing Boyd Wainwright's death (Susan is already dead because I saw Boyd married Judy Bunch), the family gathered around to eat chocolate gnomes.

ToOZRF3.jpg
    Lauren looks a bit suspicious about her first homework assigment.

61fBtOk.jpg
    Brittany took a solo trip to China to look for the Assassin Beetle. Nothing wanted to show up much on the first day so I had her transform and just do some hunting for a while.

AtxVbFr.jpg
    I also remembered that one of the skill challenges for Social Networking wants your Sim to meet 25 Sims with the Sim Finder App. Lllandros made the suggestion to meet 5 Sims in Seasons 1-5 so you weren't generating 25 new Sims. Sometimes, the app will find Sims who already exist, but other times it has to generate new ones. Anyway, this is Brittany talking to one of the Sims found.

F7hUrim.jpg
    On the second day of searching using the Collection Helper, Brittany finally located the Assassin Beetle. She still needs to visit Egypt and France again but the other insects will have to wait until later seasons.

GB3HjVT.jpg
    Back at home, Christopher took out his MultiTab to play games. He usually does that or computer games if I don't set tasks for him.

NHP6mr7.jpg
    I completely forgot that I had Christopher make a garden upstairs and when I looked, all but one plant was dead. I had him clean the garden up but probably won't have him grow anything else as there really isn't anything I need. Eventually, I'll have to do a big garden with Brittany anyway so I don't grow much until then.

Aan6J4o.jpg
    The following morning, Brittany had leftovers for breakfast.

CcElLkA.jpg
    Lauren called up Mack and this time, he actually talked to her. At the party, he acted like she was creepy for some reason.

7ERyHsR.jpg
    Christopher continued to write his latest book and got a good start on it.

aImHzwA.jpg
    Lauren continues to learn the logic skill. Like the original, she'll probably go into the Science career. However, she was also an author but I don't want to repeat that since Christopher is doing it currently and Brittany will have to do writing eventually too.
  • Options
    0TUFMOp.jpg
    I didn't have Brittany sleep much the previous night, so she was up early. She can't really do a lot so I figured I may as well have her do household chores.

Vtsx7ST.jpg
    Someone broke the shower again so I had to have Christopher fix it before he could take his shower.

fKnMCFO.jpg
    Brittany decided after breakfast that she wanted to change someones relationship status again so I granted her wish and randomly hooked up two Sims. I can set up any townies with whoever I want. :naughty:

13A4nEH.jpg
    I then sent her to the park where she saw a magician. She only watched for a little bit before moving on.

XdSZMqN.jpg
    Parker Langerak was very tired so I decided to be nice and used one of our few Invigorating Elixirs to help him. I didn't have anything to help the starving Sims though.

6jVV1ub.jpg
    Then, for the benefit of Christopher and Lauren only, Brittany threw a protest against unskilled Sims so that her family would gain the two day skill boost moodlet.

wTZ8xXw.jpg
    While her mother was away, I had Lauren continue to learn the logic skill.

X057iAt.jpg
    Christopher continued to write his latest book, The Tiny Lebronskie.

fEneZdM.jpg
    Mack Keaton just happened to be at the protest but it wouldn't do any good to send Lauren over, protesters are basically so focused on the protest until it is finished.

Y0la0lf.jpg
    Speaking of, trying to learn a new elixir caused an explosion for Lauren. Oh well, she still gained some logic from trying.

kEb1vmY.jpg
    Lauren gave up for now and put Troy on the floor to let him come "alive." Her goal now will be to bring him to life, but he's not going to stay in the family.

j19gs0R.jpg
    I don't really need to explain what's happening here, do I? :lol: I just love the way werewolves eat.

PvLYRCj.jpg
    I realized that Brittany already caught all the French insects, and I knew she just caught the last China one, so a trip to Egypt was taken to find what I needed there. However, she no more and got to the camp and an explorer starting insulting her and calling her a poodle. Brittany wasn't very happy about this.

Oc1pQ5o.jpg
    After insulting each other a few rounds, I had enough and let Brittany slap her. Needless to say, I only let my Sims take so much from other Sims, and besides, doesn't the lady know who Brittany is? Or what she will become by the end of the challenge?

E4CkXVC.jpg
    cw4qDKE.jpg
    It took a bit of time in Egypt, but Brittany found both the Scarab Beetle and the Crypt Moth. She now just needs the Honeypot Ant (ITF world, will be there in Season 8 I believe) and the Green and Blue Will O' Wisps (Starlight Shores/Showtime) and her collection of insects will be complete.

***Too much for one update so will be broken in two.
  • Options
    6D6B1Lq.jpg
    The following day, Lauren invited Mack over and they talked for a long time. Unfortunately, she can't do anything romantically to keep him from getting a girlfriend so now Mack is dating someone. No matter, she'll be a teen soon and as long as she can snag him away, she will. If not, I got a backup plan.

WJzG4oz.jpg
    Brittany decided she'd attend Bebe Hart's party that night, because nothing else noteworthy really happened. I literally didn't even take many pictures of this day.

Xr8897M.jpg
    The following day, Brittany had to work again but her thoughts were on Lauren, probably due to school. However, school got cancelled due to heavy snow.

enksdgR.jpg
    Christopher wanted to work out for 4 hours because of a celebrity opportunity he got. I sent him off to the gym to lift some weights, and when he left, I could tell he gained some muscles because his arms were bigger.

2Vm1XQB.jpg
    After their respective days were over, Christopher and Brittany shared a romantic dinner together. Lauren was at scouts at the time so she had to eat elsewhere anyway.

1SpemHh.jpg
    Because of the way things were set up, Lauren only had one day of scouts and had a ceremony to end scouts. If you listen to the school during it, you can hear some of the things scouts are known for, like being obedient and the like.

UEaWbMp.jpg
    The following day was Lauren's birthday where she would age up to teen.

hEqD0zD.jpg
    Well, she didn't turn out too badly, except I'll give her a bit of a makeover with different hair and clothes.

oQZ3yly.jpg
    This is Lauren after I gave her a makeover. I can't remember but I think she was supposed to have a phone in her hand in this picture but doesn't. I believe I had her call Mack but he refused to come.

djtWYkr.jpg
    Since she was now a teenager, I decided to have Lauren cook her first meal so that the child cooking skill would kick in and give her a boost. Lauren got to skip the first three points and is around level 4 in the skill.

4WmofHO.jpg
    When work was over, Lauren got her last promotion to Power Broker. She has a few days off and then one more day in the business career before joining the bookstore job. In my previous attempt, I had Brittany leave each job at the top level and cut the 4 weeks short but I'm following the original rule now. Llandros made it where you have to stay in all full time jobs for 4 weeks and part time one for 2 weeks. This means when Brittany joins the bookstore, she'll work for 2 weeks and then I'll move the family to Riverview to start Season 2.

ePLjBDq.jpg
    Back at home, the family ate the first meal that Lauren ever cooked. After she cooked it, I had to have her put it in the fridge as no one was hungry at that time.

dvcVsB9.jpg
    Shortly after supper, Brittany was trying to do dishes when the sink broke. I never had anyone upgrade the objects yet but I'm not worried about it when they'll be moving soon. Brittany can't fix or upgrade objects until Season 4, which is when Handiness unlocks for her.

WUUx9C0.jpg
    Brittany threw another protest, but I don't really think I'll have her do more. Lauren will just have to get what skills she can without the boost until Brittany needs it again.

fixyRZp.jpg
    And to close out these two updates, Lauren tried to learn another elixir but it got too late and she had to go to bed.
  • Options
    ctsQass.jpg
    I had Brittany make more friends with people she had already met. Some of these people were ones she'd talked to, but had only partially became friends with. This way, they all become her best friends.

a27iMax.jpg
    Kind of got Lauren in an awkward position as she left the table, but she finished breakfast at the same time that Christopher started to continue writing "The Silent Assassin".

XvQV3oL.jpg
    Christopher and Lauren had a nice father-daughter chat.

lSrxJWP.jpg
    I've been trying to have Lauren at least cook a few meals when she can.

n6tly4v.jpg
    Got lucky again and everyone sat down to eat a meal together. At the moment, there isn't really much challenge related things going on.

hfkTMAz.jpg
    And then they all got on their MultiTabs, instead of talking to each other to raise the social bars.

CdXcl85.jpg
    Brittany got invited to River McIrish's party but I was shocked when Brittany arrived at Landgraab Manor. Apparently, Malcolm and Fiona McIrish got married. However, River didn't even show up to her own party so Brittany schmoozed with Malcolm. The Steels have a more modest house, but they are much richer than any family in Sunset Valley. Currently, the Steels have $1.73 million.

c3OIegY.jpg
    Fiona was there at least so Brittany got to talk with her. She even applauded her for her vegetarianism.

Cs59wXn.jpg
    Brittany also talked a bit with Ichabod McIrish, but the cat didn't pay her much attention.

4ns7APt.jpg
    And to end this part of the update, Brittany also had a nice chat with Miraj Alvi.