Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Oakley Legacy; A Rainbow Legacy

This is a text-based Legacy story, as I don't have a Flickr account yet.

Dennis and Iris Oakley moved into Sunset Valley into a small house; however, I noticed there were more Sims walking around and decided to cut the population down. Iris went to the Science Lab to learn the Gardening Skill while Dennis painted with an easel. Iris went all over the town harvesting the wild plants after becoming a Self-Employed Gardener. Meanwhile, Dennis had gained his first Skill Point in Painting and became a Self-employed Painter. The two had dinner and with a bit of money built an extra room for the family they will have in the future. Iris soon discovered she was pregnant and Dennis decided to learn the Gardening Skill so he can help Iris out with the gardening. Thursday arrived and the two spent the day flirting and tidying the house; Iris decided to paint and halfway through the painting she stopped. The baby is coming.She and Dennis went to the hospital where they soon had a baby boy, Bede. Bede inherited the Brave Trait from his father while he was given the Loves The Outdoors Trait from his mother.The family went home; Dennis slept in the double bed while Iris slept in the nursery with Bede.
Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)

Comments

• SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    The next morning, I decided to give Bede an early birthday, so he became a toddler: the main toddler skills was done within two days, leaving the parents two days to relax. To keep Bede from becoming lonely, he received a toy in the post. Bede's birthday soon arrived, and the toy came to life as an Imaginary Friend.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
    Bede started school and he quickly made friends; Dennis went out into town after being stuck at home for nearly a week. Iris decided to continue her locked in wish to reach Level 4 in Painting. Bede went to Sandi French's house after school before going home. Dennis and Iris decided to give Bede a sister, and Rose was born on the Sunday; I aged her up the same time as a potential partner for her was aging up to toddler. I decided to save and quit after Rose learned two of the three toddler skills.
    edited July 2020
    Iris had taught Rose two of the three Toddler Skills, so when she woke and had breakfast the next day, she got to work on teaching Rose to talk while Dennis went into town and Bede went to school. After several hours, Rose had successfully learned to talk. She went straight to her toy while Iris relaxed for a bit by painting a picture. Dennis returned home, and gave Iris the normal produce that she can sell. Iris realised that the normal apples can sell for four simoleons. Bede started Scouts, and learned Fishing; he made it to the Honor Roll the next day A new Community Garden had just opened, and Dennis went to check; various herbs and fruit were in the garden. Dennis realised he won't have enough time to harvest anything, so he only harvested the herbs before returning home. Rose's birthday soon arrived, and her toy came to life as an Imaginary Friend. Rose started school, and chose to join Scouts with her brother. Meanwhile, an unexpected pregancy was announced and a wedding as a result (Seriously, Finnick? You had just fathered a son?); Victoria Andrews confirmed she was expecting and several Sims got engaged. With the kids at school, Iris and Dennis went to the new Community Garden, where they harvested all produce; both completed a Skill Challenge. Bede went to a Free Game at the Stadium before he went to collect beetles. Currently it's the Founders and the first two children of Generation 1, but the next child Dennis and Iris have will be their last.
    edited July 2020
    With the kids at school, Dennis and Iris went to the Community Garden. After harvesting a fair amount, Iris sold the normal quality produce for 6,000 Simoleons; the money went on the house, where an extra room and the beginnings of the upper floor had been added. The house will be remodelled once the kids are teens, with the current kids' room being used as an Elders' room; but that is the future. Rose received an Oppotunity to make her Imaginary Friend real, while Bede went on a Field Trip to the Bistro. Rose cleared a Wish to learn the Painting Skill, and Iris and Dennis decided to have their final child. (I waited until Dennis rolled a Wish to "Have a Child with Iris")
    Post edited by Sleepstar on
    The next morning, Iris woke up early and headed to the bathroom with a severe bout of nausea; afterwards, she went back to bed for a few more hours. Dennis woke up, and after having breakfast, went to the garden to harvest some plants before heading to the Community Garden. Rose and Bede then woke up, and after a quick meal, went into town to search for some gems and metals (Bede went to the school first to hand in the beetles he collected). After her sleep, Iris had a quick meal before joining Dennis at the Community Garden. After a few hours it started to rain so everyone headed home, where they had taken care of their needs before going to bed.
    Sunday morning saw Dennis and Iris go to the Community Garden while the kids painted. After painting, Rose went around town picking up gems while Bede played Tag with his Imaginary Friend. After returning home, Dennis sold the kids' paintings while Iris sold the normal quality produce. The family had dinner before heading to bed.

Monday saw the kids head off to school while Iris did the harvesting in the garden. Dennis painted and cleaned up the house. No sooner than Bede came home after school than the baby was coming; Iris and Dennis went to the hospital leaving Bede to do his homework until Rose returned home from Scouts. The baby was a boy, named Marcus, and he has the Brave and Disciplined Traits. After seeing to Marcus' needs, Iris put Marcus to bed.

After the kids left for school, it was time to age Marcus up. Iris spent the day getting Marcus potty-trained.
    Thursday saw Iris teach Marcus how to walk while Dennis went to the Community Garden. Bede and Rose went on a Field Trip to the Bistro before returning home.

Friday was a quiet day for the family, now that Marcus has learned the three main toddler skills.
    Saturday morning saw the family celebrate Marcus' birthday. After cake and taking care of their needs Dennis and Iris finished their unfinished paintings while Bede, Rose and Marcus went to collect gemstones and metals. The sale from the normal quality produce in Iris'inventory and the paintins was enough to buy a gem cutter machine and a cabinet; Dennis cut three Tiberium.

Sunday saw the kids stay at home while Iris sold the now large Tiberium; the money went on finishing the house and the basement; one floor of the basement contains Iris' nectar making, while another floor would be filled with future family members achievements. The floor directly under the ground contains a Gym.

Monday saw the kid head to school while Dennis and Iris planted some plants indoors; they later moved the freshly-planted produce to the garden.
    Monday evening saw Iris finally get her first Nectar Skill point.

Tuesday saw the kids go to school while Dennis and Iris planted some plants. The new windows and the kitchen was done, and Dennis brought a car in preparation for when the kids reaches their teens. Bede and Iris returned home from school early so they did their homework; Marcus returned from Afterschool Activity and as soon as he returned home he went to bed. His older siblings followed him and then his parents went to bed.

Wednesday saw the Money Trees ready for harvest, and Iris harvested the plants; she sold all except two of the Money Bags before she weeded the plants; as she did so Iris completed a Skill Achievement. Then she went to the Consignment Store and then the Elixir Store before heading home. Dennis went to collect seeds around town before heading home. The kids returned home and went to have something to eat before heading to bed. There were a few weddings, and a few birthdays.
    Things will be going a bit slow in the next few posts, but it will pick up once Bede is a teenager
    Thursday was Spooky Day, so the kids had a day off school. They did their homework together before having some breakfast; Bede baked himself a pie, while Rose and Marcus had waffles Dennis had prepared. Bede and Rose went to paint while Marcus played with his Imaginary Friend Patterns. After finishing their paintings, Rose and Bede played with their Imaginary Friends while Iris went shopping; Dennis sold the kids' paintings to free up space before Bede started getting tired. Iris read him a Martial Arts Skill book before everyone else went to bed

Friday saw Dennis carve pumpkins (Out of the six pumpkins he brought the other day, he carved five of them) before getting his needs taken care of. He planted the remaining pumpkin and a pumpkin seed before finishing off a painting he started. The kids went to school while Iris went out for a few hours. There was a birth, Kylee Landgrabb, and a wedding.
    Friday afternoon saw Rose and Marcus return home tired, while Bede went to do his homework before having some Autumn Salad before he too went to bed. Dennis and Iris had dinner before they went to bed.

Saturday saw Dennis upgrade a toilet while Rose and Marcus did their homework. Bede went to discover a potion at the Chemistry Table while Iris got her needs up. Rose and Marcus then went to take care of their needs.

Sunday saw the snow fall over Sunset Valley as winter entered. The kids and parents spent the day indoors.
    Will do a post about the winter once the season is over.
    A lot happened in the winter months with Gunther Goth dying, a lot of birthdays and several new flings. In the worst of the snowfall, Bede and Rose Oakley either played Chess, played with their Imaginary Friends painted or watched television. Marcus finally mastered the use of the Toy Oven. Iris went out daily collecting seeds or planted some plants and Dennis painted, cooked, upgraded sprinklers or got his athletic and Martial Arts levels up. Now that spring is in the air, a new celebration is expected: Bede's birthday. As Dennis and Iris went to bed on Sunday evening, they discussed whether to pull Bede out of Scouting on Wednesday.
    Monday morning saw the kids go off to school while Dennis upgraded a sprinkler. Iris harvested the indoor plants before the two went to do their own thing. The kids returned home from Scouts and Dennis decided to pull Bede from Scouts. The next day saw Iris and Dennis weed the plants before Dennis pulled Bede from Scouts. The kids went on a Field Trip before returning home. Wednesday saw a meteor land on the patio, destroying the chairs, the barbecue and the Claw Machine; luckily nobody was harmed and Dennis put out the fire. Overnight saw a burglar and an attempted alien abduction. Thursday was Bede's birthday, and he aged up with the Light Sleeper Trait.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Sleepstar: Awesome family you have there. Happy Birthday to Bede.
    :) Smile!

Friday morning saw Bede wake up early and after having some leftover cake started a new painting. The rest of the household soon woke up and after a few chores, the kids went to school. The parents decided to go out for the day, with Iris going to collect seeds over town and Dennis going shopping. Bede finished school at two and headed home, where he unlocked the Cooking Skill from the toy oven before doing his homework. The rest of the family returned home and after dinner they went to bed.

Saturday saw Bede finish the painting before going to the Science Lab and the Military Base; Rose and Marcus did some painting before Rose went to drop off some permission slips; the parents went to the currently private Community Garden; after learning the Handiness Skill Bede went to harvest plants over town. Everyone soon went home

Sunday saw Bede unlock his Athletic Skill, Rose and Marcus at home relaxing and Dennis and Iris at the Community Garden; Bede joined his parents after he met a new Sim named Hayley, who had recently moved into town with her parents.
    Monday saw the kids go to school while Iris and Dennis went to the Community Garden. Bede went home and made some Autumn Salad before doing his homework (He may have to miss a day at school as he is going to the Doo Peas Tower to learn about work). A Prom is scheduled for Friday. The kids went home a hour later as Scouting was cancelled before the parents arrived. Iris sold the normal quality produce she harvested after her shower. The family went to bed.

Tuesday saw Bede get up early, while Iris harvested the plants in the Planter. Dennis went to harvest the plants in the garden while Bede went to the mail, Marcus looked under the bed and Rose went to wash. After the kids went to school Dennis and Iris had something to eat before resuming with the harvest; Dennis went to the Community Garden while Iris harvested the remaining plants. The kids returned home and after they done their homework and Dennis returned, the family had dinner together before going to bed.
    Wednesday saw the sky cloudy, and Rose unable to reach the School Bus. Dennis and Iris harvested at the Community Garden. When it started to get cold, they went home; the kids returned home with a guest, Tyrone Matthews. The parents painted while the kids did their homework. After finishing his homework Bede decided to read a newspaper. The family went to bed

Thursday saw heavy rain fall down over Sunset Valley. After the kids went to school Dennis broke some Space Rocks while Iris made some nectar. She levelled up in Nectar Making, and rolled a Wish to make thirty-five bottles. While the nectar was being made, Iris collected the gems from the Space Rocks Dennis broke. The kids soon returned home and after doing their homework, they did their own thing until the family went to bed

Friday dawned quite bright, as the family had the last of the Tofu Dog; the kids went to school while Dennis went to the Community Garden; Iris harvested the plants at home. Dennis soon returned as it got cold. The kids went on a Field Trip to the Bistro (Bede was supposed to go to the Bisto, and then Marcus and Rose also hd a Field Trip to the same place too). Bede went home a hour earlier where he read until it was time for Prom. Rose went to do her homework while Marcus forgot to hand in his homework. Bede's Imaginary Friend and Buddy also went to Prom as well; back at home, it was time for Rose's birthday. She aged up with the Genius Trait, and after cake, the family went to bed. Bede and Buddy returned home from Prom, but Boinky didn't return home until after midnight.

Saturday was bright and sunny, so Iris and Dennis went to the Community Garden; Bede went to the Doo Peas Tower while Marcus went to the Stadium: Rose chatted with Michal before going out collecting gems. The family spent the majority of the day out in town

Sunday saw Mortimer Goth move in with Agnes Crumplebottom, due to Cornelia's impending death (Elders only get 14 Days). The family spent the day relaxing
    The week saw rain fall every day, with Dennis and Iris unable to go and harvest in the garden or at the Community Garden, but Love Day saw sunny skies. Rose woke up early, and after having her breakfast, went to the Science Lab to learn the Gardening Skill. Dennis and Bede went to the Community Garden, while Iris harvested at home and Marcus chatted to Hayley, Bede's Romantic Interest. When Rose returned, she went and painted as her mum was nearly finished in the garden; Iris sold several Money Bags she harvested from the Money Tree. Bede and Dennis returned home, and after showers and dinner, the family went to bed.
    Saturday saw Marcus go to the Sports Stadium to watch a free Game while Dennis, Iris, Bede and Rose did their own thing. Sunday saw the family spend the day relaxing. The day saw Buster Clavell, Erin Kennedy and a Paparazzi die
    Monday saw the teens and Marcus go to school, but due to the storm outside, Dennis decided to finish his painting while Iris went out; Rose went to Micael Odair's house, but stayed for a hour as Micael was going to his Part-Time Job, so she went home; Hayley left early as she had to go to her Part-Time Job. The family had dinner when Marcus returned home from Scouting before going to bed.

Tuesday saw the day sunny, and after the kids went to school Dennis went to the new Golf Course, where he spent the day golfing; as Iris went out yesterday, she went to harvest the garden
    The rest of the week flew by, and on Friday the kids was late to school. Dennis and Iris chatted before the two went into the garden to harvest. Rose returned home from school first; her brother Bede was lost in the crowd of teenagers, so he didn't return home until six in the evening. Marcus returned home at four in the afternoon. After dinner and a wash, the family went to bed.

Saturday saw Iris and Dennis head to the Community Garden, with Marcus collecting gemstones around town, Rose harvesting at home and Bede harvesting the plants all over town. When the family returned home, Iris sold the normal quality produce she and Dennis harvested which got her a promotion. Overnight, a notification popped up to say Boyd Wainwright will die.
    Sunday saw Marcus celebrate his birthday earlier than planned, as Bede and Rose were due to go to Prom that evening. After Marcus had his birthday, I sent him to the Science Lab so he can unhide the Gardening Skill he gained from Scouting, so I decided to send the family out gardening. I sent Bede and Rose home early due to Prom, so Dennis and Iris continued to garden. At Prom Rose and Micael Cresta-Odair became partners. The teens went home, Bede went to his bed while Rose slept in the Nursery.

Monday saw Marcus excited to start High School; a few hours after starting he gained quite a few friends. The teens went home at the same time, and all three did their homework. Dennis read the paper, which told of a birth and a death.

Tuesday was the same, except the teens had a Field Trip. Overnight, I received a notification that Judy Bunch was due to die. Only Bede and Marcus went on the Field Trip; Rose instead went to Sandi French-Dowding's house.
    The Legacy is on hiatus until I return from my 12-week hiatus later this year, so no updates until I return from said hiatus