Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we not do laundry in dorms?

I built a massive laundry area in the dorm only to come to realise, via watching James, that you cannot use it. Oversight or intentional?

Comments

• MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I've been using it just fine. My sims take laundry out of the hamper, put it in the washer, move it to the dryer and take it out again. I've even seen the roommates do it. So I don't know what was happening in James' games (I never watch videos, I go by my own experiences) bt it works beautifully in mine <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Why can't you use it? I thought you could. Do the dirty clothes not generate?
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    I've been using it just fine. My sims take laundry out of the hamper, put it in the washer, move it to the dryer and take it out again. I've even seen the roommates do it. So I don't know what was happening in James' games (I never watch videos, I go by my own experiences) bt it works beautifully in mine <3

Ah, yes. Hence why I came to ask. His game has had some bugs in it, so I am not too sure. Thank God my forty-minute room build is not going to waste!
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    NoTalent wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »

Ah, yes. Hence why I came to ask. His game has had some bugs in it, so I am not too sure. Thank God my forty-minute room build is not going to waste!

I think James had no time to even try it. He built a laundry room, then spent whole episode studying and never checked it, then moved out. He just assumed it isn't working.
  • Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    I watched this episode of his LP just now, but I think there was just no dirty clothes in the hampers yet, and he never went back to check after his sim had showered or changed. I haven't tried laundry in Uni myself though.