Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University/Robots

124...Next

Comments

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    No, I don't think they are a part of this pack
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    LMcGE wrote: »
    Not only do some unis make robots, so do some schools. My sons both made robots in their secondary school in a robotics class, one boy from an earlier year even entered a TV show called Robot Wars with theirs. Yes, they were little robots rather than androids, but nevertheless, teenagers made them.

Plus, I would love an android IRL, so if my sims could have one I'll get it for them.

Well technically an android would include human parts and that is big time illegal pretty much around the world - so I can't see that happening. Too Frankenstein like - I'd guess.

I think those are cyborgs. Androids just look like people, they’re not actually made from them.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yes, I'd like the robots to return in this or any pack
    Robots would make sense to introduce with Engineering, so sure, I can see it. If it doesn't happen right now, I don't mind waiting. If it does, that's a third lifestate this year (mermaids, spellcasters). And they have been saying 2019 will be their biggest year yet.

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,409 Member
    I just saw the trailer and can't believe it. Looks like we are actually going to get real robots, as in androids! I am so happy, this is far more than I expected. :D
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I just saw the trailer and can't believe it. Looks like we are actually going to get real robots, as in androids! I am so happy, this is far more than I expected. :D

That's not all we got. There was some kind of exo suite a sim was wearing. Also, a female has a mechanical arm (disabilities?). Flying drones and what I can only guess is a floating mechanical butler.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    But can they be playable? I'd like ones to be playable...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    LMcGE wrote: »
    Not only do some unis make robots, so do some schools. My sons both made robots in their secondary school in a robotics class, one boy from an earlier year even entered a TV show called Robot Wars with theirs. Yes, they were little robots rather than androids, but nevertheless, teenagers made them.

Plus, I would love an android IRL, so if my sims could have one I'll get it for them.

Well technically an android would include human parts and that is big time illegal pretty much around the world - so I can't see that happening. Too Frankenstein like - I'd guess.

I think those are cyborgs. Androids just look like people, they’re not actually made from them.

Will Wright and his daughter Cassidy used to compete in the Robot Wars also. He used to write about it in his blogs and fan pages. One of his daughters robots won the tv competition at least once that I know of.

Cyborgs are humans with robot parts added to them. Androids were robots with human brains - well in most sci fi shows anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    But can they be playable? I'd like ones to be playable...

If you look through the MAXIS SOURCED INFO in the Expansion section, Luthienrising posted a tweet from simgurufrost that says one of the bots can join your household. While that doesn't guarantee that we can play as a bot, it gives me hope.
  • WholikesmypictureWholikesmypicture Posts: 14 New Member
    I don't know, bro. I was watching DanTDM (don't judge me please), and I noticed that he was buil- Wait.. NEVERMIND! It was the sims 2! Sorry! Sorry! And yes, they did. :smiley:
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    No, I don't think they are a part of this pack
    I've always loved SIFI as well as Historical.
    The Robots will go very well in my Strangerville & Alien household from Get to Work.
    I hope the sims can Time Travel to the Future eventually like in Sims 3.