Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 DISCOVER UNIVERSITY OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION LEAKED + BOXART

Comments

• SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    We will know more in about 4 hours.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited October 2019
    Because I'm not really a family or generational player, packs like university never really interested me so I never bought them for previous Sims games.

Now I end up buying all of the packs for the Sims 4 anyway so I'm happy to give the university experience a go, but can anyone who owned the previous university packs confirm whether YA through elders could attend? This would be the only feature that would make me go back to university gameplay if I could send my young adults and adults to university too.
    Post edited by Plumbeeb on
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    In TS3 starting with YAs, all Sims can attend colleges, but you have to switch to the university world. You can jump back and play the Sims left at home, etc. Same thing for TS2, however, only YAs attend college in that iteration, teens turn into YAs once they enter the YA worlds.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Because I'm not really a family or generational player, packs like university never really interested me so I never bought them for previous Sims games.

Now I end up buying all of the packs for the Sims 4 anyway so I'm happy to give the university experience a go, but can anyone who owned the previous university packs confirm whether teens through elders could attend? This would be the only feature that would make me go back to university gameplay if I could send my young adults and adults to university too.

Teens don’t normally attend college so it’ll probably be YA-Elder, hopefully. Unless they stupidly make it a closed off world.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited October 2019
    Teens don’t normally attend college so it’ll probably be YA-Elder, hopefully. Unless they stupidly make it a closed off world.

Yeah I just realized where I got confused lol :D Where I'm from most teens who are almost 18 start their application process for university, that's probably what I was thinking about instead of the minimum age required for attending.

I suppose it's easy to get things mixed up, especially when I never went to university myself.

Edit: As long as I can send YA, adults and elders then I'd be happy with that!

Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I am very excited for the trailer to drop, but honestly this is the ugliest box art to date :|
  • AenalaAenala Posts: 23 Member
    > @PlanetSixam said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yeah I just realized where I got confused lol :D Where I'm from most teens who are almost 18 start their application process for university, that's probably what I was thinking about instead of the minimum age required for attending.
    >
    > I suppose it's easy to get things mixed up, especially when I never went to university myself.

In the Sims 2, only teens could apply to university, they also got scholarships for being good in school and having maxed out skills (even one for being orphaned and one if you had been abducted by aliens I think). However, you had to send them to university before they aged up into adulthood. The young adult stage was an age specifically created for students, and Sims who didn't go to uni went straight from Teen to Adult if I remember correctly. They turned into YA when they got to uni and changed into adults when they graduated and left.

In the Sims 3, teens could start applying and getting scholarships based on their skills and stuff for the majors that best suited them. But you could also decide to wait and send your sim to university later in their life, or to go back for another degree if you wanted to. You could decide how heavy your course load would be and that would determine how early you graduated.

Yeah I just realized where I got confused lol :D Where I'm from most teens who are almost 18 start their application process for university, that's probably what I was thinking about instead of the minimum age required for attending.

I suppose it's easy to get things mixed up, especially when I never went to university myself.

Yea 18+ usually attend college. But I would love if there were exceptions if your teen is an A+ student.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2019

Yea 18+ usually attend college. But I would love if there were exceptions if your teen is an A+ student.

That's odd where I live. Most teens here have graduated high school and entering college between sixteen and seventeen. But we start early like four in preschool and five in kindergarden. Some places don't start required schooling until the child has turned six (first grade). I know I was only five when I entered first grade. Months away before I would turn six. But I think the rule was if someone was going to turn six within a school year they had to start that fall at five and not wait until the full age of six, making a short term for twelve years of school and out earlier to go to college at sixteen or seventeen.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »

That's odd where I live. Most teens here have graduated high school and entering college between sixteen and seventeen. But we start early like four in preschool and five in kindergarden. Some places don't start required schooling until the child has turned six (first grade). I know I was only five when I entered first grade. Months away before I would turn six. But I think the rule was if someone was going to turn six within a school year they had to start that fall at five and not wait until the full age of six, making a short term for twelve years of school and out earlier to go to college at sixteen or seventeen.

To start Kindergarten you have to be 5 by Sept. 1st. I had to do an extra year of preschool because of it (my bday is in Dec). I was 18 before I graduated high school because we end the school year in June (starting in August).

• adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited October 2019
    almost 30 min and "hopefully" the biggest expansion pack will be revealed!
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    The trailer showed bikes in Foxbury too, so I guess at the very least, we can use them in both campuses.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    2 universities, Piercings and Robots.

IM
    SO
    EXCITED
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    So Plumbella and other sim game changers got the official marketing from SimGuruFrost. It’s official guys!!! Some things I’m hoping we get more in detail:

1. Get invited to college parties like how we get invited to birthdays
    2. New party event like a “college rager” or something where we can invite sims we know and they end up bringing more who crash your party and it specifically becomes a huge party!
    3. NPC roommates in the the dorms
    4. Some pre-university tests/interactions for teenagers
    5. BUNK. BEDS.
    6. Open world in the university world so you can ride your bikes to classes

Amazing. So that means Bikes are tied to that world? ...

Oh ofcourse. What a surprise.

Which also makes me almost certain that kids won't be able to ride them :s

You are jumping to a lot of conclusions based on one line in about things the poster HOPES to find out more about when actual information is released.

Maybe you are right, I just put up my "don't get too excited wall" now when a pack is announced. It helps with disappointment.
    I hope I'm wrong. I want kids to ride bikes so much!

I totally understand; I'll be disappointed too if it turns out this is world locked or age locked.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    About bikes:

Because they are coming with this EP and not with a patch, it is HIGHLY likely that they will be uni world bound too. What's new.

Enjoy.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm not impressed by this trailer.

No pool table
    No Murphy bed
    No bunk bed
    No frisbee
    No backpack
    No pillow fight
    No drum
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm not impressed by this trailer.

No pool table
    No Murphy bed
    No bunk bed
    No frisbee
    No backpack
    No pillow fight
    No drum

So it must be identical to previous versions in order to impress? Though I do desperately want murphy beds and bunk beds. I'm sure there will be backpacks, though.

Edit: I see a backpack in this pic, but is it from base game? https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/967879/are-we-getting-prosthetic-limbs-pic
    edited October 2019
    @IceyJ

I'm not impressed when they show no new hobbies.

For example if my sims don't want or can't go to the university, what else could I do with this pack ?
    edited October 2019
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    @IceyJ

For example if my sims don't want or can't go to the university, what else could I do with this pack ?

I guess you'll find out once we get more information, right?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    IceyJ wrote: »
    @IceyJ

Well a University EP is going to be all about University so if that is not of interest to you I would think you may rather wait for the next ep. I do think if you liked some of the things in the pack like robots and such - some people may find that of interest but basically I also think if none of that is of interest nothing else about it would interest you. i don't see them covering none University ideas like hobbies in this pack as anything in it is going to be part of University concept and nothing much to do with anything out side of that. Sports are going to be connected to playing sport in Uni - not as a hobby really.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited October 2019
    @IceyJ wrote: »

Sure ! I only need more infos. University is still my favorite theme after Downtown theme.

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2019
    Knowing 2014 Maxis this pack is sure to have some misleading crap features.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited October 2019
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    What is it ? Servo ? Simbot ? Plumbot ? Robo ? Something else ?

Unibot? :D