Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many more packs before Sims 5?

124...Next

Comments

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    I love the Sims 4, but whatever the amount of packs may be, they seriously need to be focusing on performance as well. Outside of some bugs, I never really has any performance problems, but now performance is becoming an issue. My new computer: i7-9700, 16GB DDR4 Ram, RTX 2060 doesn't make a difference in performance to my old computer: i7-6700, 32GB DDR3 Ram, GTX 970. The performance issues are the exact same, mostly camera stuttering. If they keep going in this direction, TS4 is gonna end up like TS3. They gotta fix this stuff before it gets worst.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yeah I think we got more to go. Maybe they are in conversations about Sims 5 but I doubt development has started or it might be starting 1st quarter next year or maybe even 2nd quarter when they go dark for EA Play. The holiday is coming up and people are winding down not ramping up. I still think we have a minimum of another year and a half left of Sims 4. Even if they announce 5, I am betting we will be getting a few more packs in 4.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    With University, soon all the big/popular ones are out of the way but they can still make some game packs to add werewolves, fix bugs and add new features or just come one with something new. I am guessing the the focus would be more of developing new features and improving old ones. We had some big patches before and they say we got a few more years. If two expansions a year plus two game packs at this rate and they go for five years, that can mean at least 20 packs; but I doubt it. They might slow things down a bit after awhile and just use that time to improve on things instead or maybe they just don't really have any set plans yet for how long it will go on for.

I rather they work on one game than rush things as that never ends well.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Yeah I think we got more to go. Maybe they are in conversations about Sims 5 but I doubt development has started or it might be starting 1st quarter next year or maybe even 2nd quarter when they go dark for EA Play. The holiday is coming up and people are winding down not ramping up. I still think we have a minimum of another year and a half left of Sims 4. Even if they announce 5, I am betting we will be getting a few more packs in 4.

I think it could last longer than that as they are still hiring folks to work on the newest rendition - so no way are they going to have no games going out for more than 6 or so months.

https://www.ea.com/studios/maxis/careers

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »

I think it could last longer than that as they are still hiring folks to work on the newest rendition - so no way are they going to have no games going out for more than 6 or so months.

https://www.ea.com/studios/maxis/careers

true
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited October 2019
    5 more years - isn't that what Duke said.

With 5 pack each year, it's about 25 packs... but will they find enough inspiration for that ?

I can't imagine what the themes could be the next 10 EP/GP.

• Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    I'm fine with keeping the Sims 4 going for another few years.
  • delelisedelelise Posts: 10 New Member
    I feel like with the amount of content (and the price of content) there would need to be a long time in between the last pack they release and sims 5. If they release a pack and then release sims 5 too soon people will be angry that they JUST bought a pack for sims 4 and they should've just saved their money for sims 5. So there needs to be a long waiting period between the two games.
  • delelisedelelise Posts: 10 New Member
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I can think of loads they'd add haha. Some I'm not interested in but I think they'll do anyway
    >
    > Generations
    > Farming
    > Amusement park
    > Olympics
    > Skiing
    > Several more occult (werewolves, faeries etc etc)
    > Stuff packs like wedding stuff, teen stuff, several decades stuff like 20s stuff etc, tech pack, outdoor toy pack etc
    > World adventures
    > Hotels
    > Time travel pack

I want hotels so bad! I was hoping they'd come with island living- like resorts in island paradise
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    They released that Caribbean content before island living and laptops, bookcases and career additions before University. After seeing all the technology in Discover University, I think that the Futuristic pack could be one of the next few packs and that usually is near the end of the series.

I still hope they do a Romance pack with online dating and wedding stuff, a Farm/off the grid pack, a winter or Asian vacation pack and cars.
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    With the statement of 3 years of content paid in June 2018, we have about 1.5 years left.
    That is about 2-3 expansion and 2-3 game packs

My thoughts are based on past Sims 4 surveys
    Expansions
    Country Living - we got those off the grid item, chickens and code for horses. This would be a mix of off the grid stuff, horses and maybe other farm animals as well as the old Sims 3 festivals we got with seasons.
    Future - A futuristic pack

If it is just two left, I would say it is Farming and Future but if there are three then-
    Generations/Hobbies
    People have been asking for babies upgrade as well as new hobbies

or Entrepreneur/Hobbies/Hotels
    There was a survey done about and Entrepreneurs pack where you could make over houses, create amusement parks, have your own cafes and art galleries. They could merge this and drop some of the stuff we already have and add hobbies and maybe hotels.
    My concern with his pack is that it might overlap with some of the stuff we have in get to work.

Game Packs:
    Romance Pack/Hotels - we are missing Online dating and Slow dancing. This pack was mentioned in the past surveys. They could also add hotels.
    Winter Vacation/ Hotels- also mentioned during surveys, would have snowboarding etc, could also add hotels here
    If I had to say just two, it would be the above

Hobbies - Just a hobbies pack on its own, mentioned in the surveys too.
    Crime and Justice - pack mentioned in survey described being the mayor and adding thieves, police and all sorts of criminal elements.
    Amusement Parks - Could be a pack on its own but I doubt it

Stuff Packs
    Cars
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

With 5 pack each year, it's about 25 packs... but will they find enough inspiration for that ?

I can't imagine what the themes could be the next 10 EP/GP.

So much is still missing packs hardly add anything they could go on forever.

Generations
    Farming
    Bands
    Hobbies
    Get to School
    Romance
    Winter Vacation
    Amusement Parks
    Cars
    Werewolves
    Fairies
    My Second Pet
    Teen Stuff
    Arcade
    Superheroes (they did give us a plant boss pack cant put anything past them)
    Into the future

They also love basic careers they could keep that going for awhile with careers like hair salons, tattoo artist, modeling really seems like something they would do now.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited October 2019
    A lot, I hope. So far I am far from being interested in The Sims 5.
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    With the statement of 3 years of content paid in June 2018, we have about 1.5 years left.
    That is about 2-3 expansion and 2-3 game packs

Every time they say 3 years, it’s always at least 3 years. They’re on a three year rolling plan, meaning that they always plan three years ahead (i.e. in 2014 they had content planned up to 2017, in 2015 they had content planned up to 2018, so on and so forth). They said 3 years in 2018 and then they said 3 years again in 2019. Why? Because as time passes, more content has been planned.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • bloodydarkanglbloodydarkangl Posts: 74 Member
    Counting only expansions, I think it's 4-5 maximum. EA has already covered most requested recurring themes (pets, seasons, university etc...
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I honestly can’t imagine getting more than 2 to 3 more expansion packs. Game packs maybe like 3 or 4, and stuff packs... I couldn’t tell ya they’re unpredictable at this point.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    @ChadSims2

You forgot Zombies, Genies, Mummies and Bigfoots packs :p
    Now you're seeing their vision for the game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    With the technology they would have to make a Sims 5 the engine better be insane or I’m not buying. For example a city should be able to have 50 plus sims in the area especially for a Carnival to make the game feel alive. The concept art for Sims 4 gave the impression there would be a live jazz band playing in the background with many people socializing in the area. There should also be a detailed weather engine in the base game it’s no reason we have to keep buying these same packs with each iteration. They need to come up with new ideas.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited October 2019
    When TS4 was announced they were still creating worlds, store products and releasing EPs, so I don't think TS5 is on the horizon soon. I dunno how many packs are left, but I only recall 2 unique packs, features in TS4: Get Together & Strangerville. The other packs had improvements of things released before, but not anything groundbreaking to the franchise. I have a feeling that in 2020 we will see something else that was never done b4 in the Sims.

But, I dunno, just guesstimating. I don't sit in on the financial calls etc.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    @Sharonia what bugs? How is your game unplayable?
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    Arzekial wrote: »

Who's Duke?

The Guy in charge of Sims 4 now that took Grants place.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-08-23-the-joyful-representation-of-the-sims

Cool article @Arzekial @Writin_Reg but realize if there is a change of leadership above Duke that the direction could change and there might not be 5 years worth of content.

However, I hope there are some more legs to TS4 since I am a late adopter and I haven't been playing a full year yet. Plus I really want my House of Worship stuff pack to become a reality. There is no faith in the game and since SimGuru Duke talks alot about representation, it would be nice if the faith community had representation too.