Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 worlds

So I was thinking about the sims 5 world today and I was thinking I would really like a grocery store in-fact I think the sims need more stores in general you want to eat you go to the grocery store you want anew skills book of to book shop perhaps have a Coffee while you are there you be the Idea we don’t need to do it for everything but food clothes toys (for kids) and books would be a nice edition don’t you think as we got more packs we could get more shops like for camping we could have an outwards bound store got University a cool record shop tattoo parlours I think I just want a more involved world and no rabbit hols apart from like office work or something and a transport hub would be a nice edition. one last thing BIG 3 DAY MUSIC FESTIVALS with down and dirty camping and all the night time shenanigans that happen after the music stops ( not the stoned parts of course) but that’s just me.

Comments

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Wow! That looks like a runaway train of thought!

Gonna have to try to dissect...

Grocery store? Sure!
    If you're not growing your own veggies, you're gonna have to go buy them!

A book shop?
    Where else would you get skill boosting books from?
    A cafe in a book shop? Sure! Why not?

Personally I'd like to see multi use lots.
    Imagine being able to have a cafe, in a book shop, with a doctor or dentist in an office upstairs.
    Or an apartment building, with a laundry and a take away food shop down stairs.
    Or a ground-floor restaurant, with a bar and nightclub in the basement.

Buying food, clothes, toys, and books, have been a part of previous editions of the sims. In TS2, your sims couldn't have new outfits unless you sent them shopping for them.

A camping shop sounds like a good idea.

Record shops and tattoo parlours also sound like good ideas. I totally get your desire for a more involved world, and fewer rabbit holes.

TS3 had transport, in the form of subways. They were a rabbit hole of sorts, but they whisked your sim from one part of the world, to the next, with the risk of being mugged along the way. Musician sims could also busk in subway stations, and make money by doing so.

A music festival would be a GREAT addition! That is something the franchise has never done before. It nicely blends the concept of camping, with bands, music, and singing.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I'd definitely like to see more types of buildings and stores. I have made a couple but it's not the same as having a proper in game one and doesn't work properly either.
    It would be fun to be able to build our own working police stations and hospitals as there is not much point in getting the reward stuff in those careers unless you can use them.
    It would be good to be able to build big apartment blocks like in San Mochino (not sure how you spell it but you know where I mean) but in the other worlds.
    I agree with Movotti, definitely less rabbit holes and I'd like to see more careers we can interact with and play rather than the sims just go out to work and come back.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    Yep I would definitely like to see multi purpose lots, fashion store, grocery market and book store to begin with. You could go to the store or, order things from the catalogue. It was so much more fun when you had to buy your clothes and could own as little as or many pieces as you wanted. Later like you were talking about they could add tattoo parlors, toy shops, furniture stores, camping stores, jewelry shops, flower shops , candy shops, ice cream parlors, hat stores, shoe stores, pet shops, vetrenarian, Doctor, police department, fire department, town hall, concerts, music shops, odds and ends store, restaurants.....etc. etc, etc. they could give us bars, lounges, night clubs, gyms, libraries, parks and pool lots to begin with and add museums, amusement parks, zoo’s, hotels, motels, gas stations, malls, movie theatre, acting studio, national parks ( different ones!), water parks, football, baseball, soccer, hockey stadiums (where our sims could watch or play games.). There are just so many things they could add especially with a club system. I HATE RABBIT HOLES...... that is one of the reasons I stopped playing sims 3 so early. And careersmy gosh just think the way could expand on careers.... I love the Doctor, Police, and Scientist careers, and career places that came with Get To Work.....
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I would definitely like to see a shop that does tattoos and piercings. An amusement park and more items for a childrens park and their gardens i.e seesaws and slidies..
    Less rabbit holes for sure, especially less rabbit hole careers and hobbies. Scuba diving is no fun unless you can go under the sea with the sim and look around like in sims 3.
    I'd like to see a hotel career, maybe the sim could start off at the bottom as a cleaner and work up to the owner but we would interact in the career and it would not be a rabbit hole.
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Yep I would definitely like to see multi purpose lots, fashion store, grocery market and book store to begin with. You could go to the store or, order things from the catalogue. It was so much more fun when you had to buy your clothes and could own as little as or many pieces as you wanted. Later like you were talking about they could add tattoo parlors, toy shops, furniture stores, camping stores, jewelry shops, flower shops , candy shops, ice cream parlors, hat stores, shoe stores, pet shops, vetrenarian, Doctor, police department, fire department, town hall, concerts, music shops, odds and ends store, restaurants.....etc. etc, etc. they could give us bars, lounges, night clubs, gyms, libraries, parks and pool lots to begin with and add museums, amusement parks, zoo’s, hotels, motels, gas stations, malls, movie theatre, acting studio, national parks ( different ones!), water parks, football, baseball, soccer, hockey stadiums (where our sims could watch or play games.). There are just so many things they could add especially with a club system. I HATE RABBIT HOLES...... that is one of the reasons I stopped playing sims 3 so early. And careersmy gosh just think the way could expand on careers.... I love the Doctor, Police, and Scientist careers, and career places that came with Get To Work.....

I'd rather have a rabbit hole to see my sim walking into It then having Sims disappearing on thin air/driving to nowhere. The difference between regular careers and rabbit hole ones os that rabbit holes have more animation and immersion to them. I would love ALL community lots and careers to be fully playable, but i doubt EAxis would put so much detail and effort on any game.
  • BlueGentryBlueGentry Posts: 13 New Member
    Turn Strangerville into a more Lovecraftian setting and put it on the New England coast. Have a University with forbidden knowledge, have characters traits or aspirations 'afflicted' so that they need time or a therapist to change back, have an area where monsters randomly appear, have a feeling that invisible NPCs are watching you, have puzzles to unlock secrets about lore, and have atmospheric skins to change look of town such as go monochromatic or switch colors when character's affliction must be played out.
    Sims Medieval was really a game changer. Maybe make it a bit more customizable for build mode and playable (but not like, say, a Diablo 3). Have Character Class and Adventure Packs. Maybe have a Enchanted Grove with the ability to time travel to the regular game. I think it would be interesting to suddenly have a Viking warlord working as a cop or have a Wizard running a bookstore. They could even search for entrance back to their world.
  • DeleteDelete Posts: 27 Member
    Would you all prefer the worlds to be more alpha/ realistic or keep the cartoony style we have now though

I cant decide. Anyways

Id love grocery stores, I could finally make honey cake and things like that. (I dont do gardening at all)

Also Id like EA to stop hiding essential game functions like season, small barley interactable pets and actual parenting abilities behind pay walls and give us some decent base game stuff in ts5. Playable dogs. Playable babies. More realistic vacation venues to exotic cities with really cool cultures and really beautiful architecture. More distinction between teens, adults and young adults, like teens have concerts we can attend, and adults get randomly depressed and have harder times at building new romances or friendly relations The list goes on.

Not gonna keep my hopes up though, seems like sims devs are losing passion for this game more and more as every pack drops. (can we get official green houses so i dont just have to keep putting windows as walls)
    I would like a Steampunk setting. It wouldn't have to be all coppers and browns. The Victorians loved bright colors and stripes, which certainly fits into a steampunk setting. Even if it was just a vacation pack, I think it would do well. Of course, it could be its own thing like SIMS Medieval was but I would want to be able to bring things over into the regular game.
    Separating out Supernaturals from SIMS 3 into Realms of Magic and Vampires in SIMS 4 seemed to be a downgrade. If they want to continue with the separation, then Realms of Magic should include Genies and Fairies with an upgraded power set and systems. Vampires could include Werewolves and Mummies. I think that Ghosts and PlantSims should be part of the base pack, but if they wanted to make a 3rd pack for Supernaturals, I could see them making one with Ghosts, PlantSims, and Mermaids.

I think that there should be a Superheroes Pack. If they wanted to add Robots and Aliens to it, that would be a good way to add content with things that they have already released in previous seasons.
  • AlexSimmermanAlexSimmerman Posts: 80 Member
    In the Sims 5; I hope we have larger worlds like Sims 3 with the 'Create/ Edit' a world function, We should be able to at least edit the world and change the look of it. I also hope the world is open or at least partially open ( like we can visit close neighbours or nearby lots without a loading screen'). I would be happy to sacrifice some of the graphics quality if it meant that everything in the worlds were actual playable unlike sims 4 which has beautiful worlds but a lot of it is just a backdrop.
  • gothiclandgrabbsgothiclandgrabbs Posts: 94 Member
    maybye a you can toggle where you dont have all the clothes and you can buy clothes
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I really want the the TS5 worlds to work like the TS4 worlds where you can jump from world to world if you want to. I hate that TS3 locks you into one specific world and you'd lose all relationships if you wanted to move to a new world.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I really want the the TS5 worlds to work like the TS4 worlds where you can jump from world to world if you want to. I hate that TS3 locks you into one specific world and you'd lose all relationships if you wanted to move to a new world.

Yes to this but I want to add travel time to this so if you are going from willow creek to Oasis springs for example it will take 12 hours or whatever do you see what I mean?
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    doogerie wrote: »

Yes to this but I want to add travel time to this so if you are going from willow creek to Oasis springs for example it will take 12 hours or whatever do you see what I mean?

How would that work? Longer loading screens? Or the in game clock just changing the time of day?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member

How would that work? Longer loading screens? Or the in game clock just changing the time of day?

the in-game clock would change the time of day nobody want's long loading screens.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

12 hour loading screens? I will pass, thanks! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

In game clocks changing it is 😂😂😂
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

In game clocks changing it is 😂😂😂

How about let players chose their own clocks?

At 3PM Friday clocks go forwards three hours and at 7PM Sunday they go back three hours?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg