Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So NO rabbit CAS in pets?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Honestly, I love this idea. Gives more sims 4 specific things to do with the game
  • Options
    CieloSimsCieloSims Posts: 143 Member
    I've always wanted more farm style animals, cows, chickens, pigs, and of course, horses. Horses were in TS3, so I'm 100% positive they will be in a pets expansion for TS4, if they make one. I'd like my Sim to be able to milk cows, get eggs from chickens, and be a self-sufficient Sim!
    Origin ID: CieloSims
  • Options
    mpallympally Posts: 1 New Member
    Obviously the majority of you have never even had a rabbit.
    I have a mini lop, and she is SUCH a character. Honestly, we've had a dog before.... and I prefer the rabbit more. She is such a crazy lil thing, she has an amazing personality, she's brought much joy to my life.

I think EA should definitely consider adding rabbits as a housepet.
    And yes, we all have the right to our opinions.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If we get a farm pack, along with cows and chickens, there could be a hutch with a couple of rabbits inside that kids could be responsible for feeding and cleaning.
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited January 2018
    I soo want rabbits. My lil bun means the world to me. He l!cks (l!cks is censored) me like a dog and he does happy little jumps and plays ball with me and his ball has a little bell in it so sometimes we leave it in the cage for him to play with and we hear the bell ringing and everybody smiles cuz we know he's playing with it. He climbs all over me and tries to eat my hair cuz sometimes he thinks it's straw and he nudges my face and he's adorable and sometimes he sticks his tongue out, I love him and I want my lil bun in the sims cuz it's so hard to make a dog that looks like him and even then it wouldn't really be a bunny so.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Well, it's an old thread, but I think the discussion is still open.

I'd be fine with rabbits. They're cute. Not sure about CAS since they're relatively simpler compared to bigger animals. Maybe basic coat paints, body shaping options, and 1 trait can work.

I'd be fine with them being part of a farm pack. We've never had a full-blown farm pack, but it's been a popular idea for so long. I think it would add new interesting gameplay, as well as represent a huge demographic.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    They are rabbits lmao they dont need much detail. If they are a CAS thing theyll probably take up household space and... they are rabbits. Cute. I want a million of them. Id love a rabbit breeder sim. But a hard pass on clogging up CAS with every small animal they ever add. Id rather they focus on larger animals for that. I think there is a lot of promise for them using all sorts of animals as an excuse to extend the series
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    personally i dont like rabbits but it would be great if they added another race other than cats, dogs and horses...
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Rabbits hutches in a small pets GP definitely but I don't need them with my Cats and Dogs.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    I thought rabbits are the 3rd most popular pet? They really do deserve a little section for themselves. CAS for rabbits would be adorable. There's so many different breeds and can be outdoor and indoor pets.

I really hope our sims get the chance to experience life with bunnies around, they are such sweet cheeky creatures. They would work well as an apartment pet aswell.. another way to break electricals?

As much as I want rabbits in game I wouldn't want them to just be confined to a tiny hutch. They love to run around, climb, binky and play. So they should be represented this way in game instead of just an object.
  • Options
    LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    I would love, love, love bunnies that are proper pets and not cage-objects. I think we really don't need any cage-objects that are simply a cleaning-feeding chore, that's just sad.

Bunnies can live indoors just as well as cats, can be litter-trained, can play with their owners and other pets and are when given freedom to be so just as much characters as cats and dogs are. I would love to see bunnies happy-dance-running around their favorite sim, or binkying on beds and flopsing down, exploring tunnels, tossing around balls, watching tv with their sims and demanding headrubs.

That said, I'm absolutely not objecting to horses either, I loved them in Sims 3. Yes, the freedom of galloping around the neighborhood is gone with the more limited spaces, but I'm sure if they'll add horses (probably in their own pack) they'll find ways to make it interesting. Perhaps more thoroughly interactive races or something.

Since they called this pack Cats & Dogs instead of Pets, I firmly believe they're open to adding more pets in the future, they just want to go in-depth with them. Quality over quantity. Can't wait to see what's next!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    NevonaNevona Posts: 32 Member
    I hate that there are so many people calling rabbits a minor pet, I have a rabbit and he owns a major part of my heart. He runs around the house like my cats and dogs and he is absolutely iconic, he rings the bell for treats, circles me, chases me around the room (playfully, like a dog would if you ran from them), uses a litter box, binkies as if it were his destiny, and cuddles me at night. Some peoples rabbits destroy their homes, others will never chew anything other than hay. Some rabbits are super calm and sweet while others are super playful and binkies nonstop. Hell I've even seen rabbits play basketball and paint (binithebunny). Some rabbits absolutely hate being picked up and others dont mind. I mean what person never wished for a bunny at some point in their life. Bunnies arent minor they are major. Just like cats or dogs but smaller. And with the large variety of bunnies out there, from flemish giants who could be from 15lbs to 20lbs (continental giants even sometimes 50lbs!) To polish dwarfs who are 2lbs. From lop eared to normal eared. From broken coat to solid. Not having bunnies in CAS would really just be a missed opportunity. And bunnies should NOT be in cages. This only takes humanity a step backwards as we know that bunnies should not be in anything smaller than 4ft by 4ft with a height twice their size. Free roaming indoors should really be the goal of any rabbit owner. They shouldn't have it where bunnies could be kept outdoors either as this has also been proven to be wrong for a pet bunny.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there, it's awesome you're still looking to discuss this. However considering it's been inactive for quite a while I'm going to close this off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top