Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Johnny Zest has the saddest backstory :(

takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
sooo now that I have GF I finally decided to play The Legend johnny z so he can fulfill his dream of becoming a famous comedian. I'm having some struggles, but overall it's been fun. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for this guy. He got the public number quirk and today I got this text from the evil witch herself, nancy.

SxqsAkC.png?1

It made me so sad :'( the poor guy is just trying to live his best life. you've already disowned him... just butt out already! Has anyone else tried making him famous in their game? I really just wanna see him succeed :s
Post edited by takenbysheep on

Comments

• AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited March 2019
    @takenbysheep @michelei

I had No idea that Johnny was a Landgraab!

Where did you find that out?

I played him one day, for a little while, but wasn’t impressed.

With that kinda back story like that he might be more interesting
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited March 2019
    Geeze Nancy you couldn't be any harsher.

Nice to see someone playing Johnny and fulfilling his dream
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    johnny's own bio says he was disowned by the landgraab family

his ingame bio:
    Johnny Zest has the stage name and the dream, but maybe not the talent... Disowned by the Landgraabs for quitting school, Johnny wants to make his own fame and fortune as a standup comedian.

i've used a mod to give him ties to the family, even though they disowned him, and played him (and them) enough to ensure that they don't get along at all because of his desire to be a comedian instead of 'business' like his mother (who we all know actually runs the household. she's the landgraab. geoffrey took her name when they married. a lot of people tend to forget or ignore that), though i haven't actually had him get famous yet. i'm actually still debating whether i want him or baako jang to swap from comedian to actor path. one of my comedians should, following in the footsteps of many comedians-turned-actors in the real world
  • fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    Many seem to dislike Johnny Zest. At least I come across several who do. I personally haven't played him much, but have been tempted to marry a Sim to him. It's nice seeing some like playing him.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Wow. That dig was hilariously backstory-specific.
  • takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    @michelei your backstory is awesome!! I can totally see that happening. Not gonna lie though, I love malcolm too much to make him a villain in my mind :p I honestly love all the landgraabs (even nancy- I admire her ferocity)

@AlwaysAsking Yeah, it's mostly just backstory that makes the premades interesting to me. I don't remember where I found out... like kalaksed said above it might say it in his bio, but I might have gotten it from the sims wiki. It's worth checking out his page- The landgraabs have such a wild little family tree going on. Apparently Nancy's mom died in a fire while she was young. Maybe that's why the woman's so bitter!
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    Aww. That's sad.
    I've never actually really paid much attention to the premades before. Unless they marry one of my sims. And them I still ignore their backstories and often their families, too. But, today I decided that needed to change. I'm doing a rotational play with all the premades on Long Lifestan. Aging is off for all but the active household. So...this will take a while. I'm going in a rotation and playing each household for one Sim week before moving on. I want to get to know them all better. I've started with the Spencer-Kim-Lewis family. So far Alice's dad is my favorite Sim. He's so sweet and cute.
    This play style is so different than my normal play style. I NEVER play rotational play. I always just play my one Sim family that I always play that I am playing very slowly on Long Lifespan. Occasionally I try a challenge, but they always fizzle out quickly and I go back to my normal family. I just can never get attatched.
    I dont want this game to fizzle out, though. I'm hoping that because they already have backstories and everything made, it will be easier for me to get attached. Plus, if one storyline doesnt seem exciting to me, I'll only have to wait a Sim week until I get to play something new.
    Anyways...this was WAY long and WAY off topic. Haha. To wrap up, yeah. Thanks. Now I'm excited to play Johnny's character. I've never been much fond of single Sim game play. I prefer to work in households with lots of Sims to switch between so I never get bored. But, this should be interesting. It'll be good to get outside of my comfort zone a little bit.
    @AlwaysAsking Yeah, it's mostly just backstory that makes the premades interesting to me. I don't remember where I found out... like kalaksed said above it might say it in his bio, but I might have gotten it from the sims wiki. It's worth checking out his page- The landgraabs have such a wild little family tree going on. Apparently Nancy's mom died in a fire while she was young. Maybe that's why the woman's so bitter!

I just never played the premade families in my games, I'm not sure why... Probably if I'd looked into their backstories more I might have done it.

I did play the scientists in Strangetown, in Sims 2, and that was cool. All my Sims playing friends have always played the premades. I usually delete them from my game and bulldoze their houses, lol. But I now have one save going where my best master painter moves from house to house painting portraits of the families, so I'm getting to know the families, because I actually move my sim in with them, you know?

The one time I played as Johnny he went to hang out at a bar, and the bar tender was so good looking! And when Johnny "Got to know" him, he actually had a decent trait, like, nice, or something. So I had Johnny turn on the charm, they became great (platonic) friends right away, he asked him to move in with him, and then I saved the bartender guy, as he was, to my library. Seriously, he's the only great townie (with traits included) that I've ever seen in one of my games :smiley:

SAZSffI.png

Anyway, cool topic! and thanks for the info on Johnny!
    SqxdF0m.png

@MaiaPlaysSims

That sounds like a really fun way to play! And yeah, I played the Spencer Kim Lewis family for a few Sim days, while my master painter painted their portraits. The grandpa was sweet. He was always happy, that's so nice in a big household, lol.
    SqxdF0m.png

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    edited March 2019
    I may have missed something so this may be a duh question but would he be Nancy's younger brother or her son?
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • KathesaurKathesaur Posts: 58 Member
    oh my god that's the saddest thing i've ever seen :'( leave him alone nancy, you absolute harpy!!
    mIWPBAl.png
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    sooo now that I have GF I finally decided to play The Legend johnny z so he can fulfill his dream of becoming a famous comedian. I'm having some struggles, but overall it's been fun. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for this guy. He got the public number quirk and today I got this text from the evil witch herself, nancy.
    SxqsAkC.png?1

It made me so sad :'( the poor guy is just trying to live his best life. you've already disowned him... just butt out already! Has anyone else tried making him famous in their game? I really just wanna see him succeed :s

God I hate that annoying quirk as much as random sims calling you asking you to attend venues, sims you never even met
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    She can go die in a gutter.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I may have missed something so this may be a duh question but would he be Nancy's younger brother or her son?

It just says he was disowned by the Landgraab family in his back story. Then if you go with Sim canon then Nancy is a Langraab by birth and Geoffry took her name when they married. So all of that kind of leaves it up to you. You can play him as a disowned brother or son of Nancy's or even cousin of nephew I guess, or you can scrap it all and make your own story.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    ah okay guess I could do it both ways in different saves, thanks :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    @Kathesaur that picture is perfect :D

It just says he was disowned by the Landgraab family in his back story. Then if you go with Sim canon then Nancy is a Langraab by birth and Geoffry took her name when they married. So all of that kind of leaves it up to you. You can play him as a disowned brother or son of Nancy's or even cousin of nephew I guess, or you can scrap it all and make your own story.

Huh, I've never thought about it that way! It totally makes sense, but I've always just assumed he was her son. It almost fits him more being the estranged, dreamer uncle.
  • SikukeSikuke Posts: 96 Member
    Aww poor Johnny ! I have read this backstory a few days ago and I was surprised to find out that he is connected to Landgraab family like that. Indeed it is sad to know and I feel bad for him. Maybe I will make one of my sims get married to him and make his dreams come true and he can also have his own family. Well, one of my sims who has social media career keeps getting those mean messages too. In that way, he is not alone with that. :smiley: no worries, they need to get a life! Just go to their households and punish them!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    johnny's own bio says he was disowned by the landgraab family

his ingame bio:
    Johnny Zest has the stage name and the dream, but maybe not the talent... Disowned by the Landgraabs for quitting school, Johnny wants to make his own fame and fortune as a standup comedian.

i've used a mod to give him ties to the family, even though they disowned him, and played him (and them) enough to ensure that they don't get along at all because of his desire to be a comedian instead of 'business' like his mother (who we all know actually runs the household. she's the landgraab. geoffrey took her name when they married. a lot of people tend to forget or ignore that), though i haven't actually had him get famous yet. i'm actually still debating whether i want him or baako jang to swap from comedian to actor path. one of my comedians should, following in the footsteps of many comedians-turned-actors in the real world

I've done that as well -- I use MCCC to give him a good relationship with his dad Geoffrey (who as a Good Sim misses his eldest despite everything) and a bad relationship with Nancy. (I figure Malcolm was still young enough when Johnny left that he never really built a relation with his older brother.)

I'm currently working on a long-term project -- I cleared out all the premade Sims in one save and it'll eventually be repopulated with the Sims that SimGuruMorgan is uploading to the Gallery. I've currently got the Newbies in Brindleton Bay, the Pleasants in Willow Creek and I'll be putting the Curious Brothers in StrangerVille. (If we get any of the Veronaville Sims they're going into Windenburg.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    In my game, I decided that Nancy was the one who disowned him. I don't think Geoffrey would do that. And Nancy had a vampire erase his memory. When Geoffrey learned about this, he divorced his wife.

OT but wanted to congratulate you on your 5 year anniversary! This year marks 11 years for my husband, who had a non-aggressive type of cancer that didn't spread beyond the affected area so they got it all in surgery. Glad to see you beat it. B)

Nancy was supposedly the last of her bloodline so that's why she made Geoffrey take her last name after they got married. I always assumed that Johnny was the eldest Landgraab son.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Johnny zest is in my current save, I always end up making him a two storey trailer
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I also used a mod to make Johnny Zest actually related to the Landgraabs... and to make the relationships all negative. And when the gender filters came along, Johnny transitioned. Joni Zest has been nurturing newer comedians for a while, though she's still just a level 4 herself. She also had a partial reconciliation with her father, and they hate each other less. Recently she moved to Del Sol Valley and bought an old motel. She rents rooms to newbies who've moved to Del Sol Valley hoping to "make it" there. I feel like she's making the most of her life even though it meant leaving her family even farther behind.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2019

OT but wanted to congratulate you on your 5 year anniversary! This year marks 11 years for my husband, who had a non-aggressive type of cancer that didn't spread beyond the affected area so they got it all in surgery. Glad to see you beat it. B)

OT, thank you, sorry for the late reply I had errands all day yesterday. I also had metastasis to a bone one year after initial treatment and initial metastasis to 13 lymph nodes when we found the cancer. It's been a long road, but I am grateful for the second chance, and I must say finding Sims 4 has provided me with a terrific refuge when things get to be too much. :)