Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• AspensongAspensong Posts: 106 Member
    Since my sim self is on hold (probably) until Jungle Adventures Challenge becomes official I've decided to finally make Deadbeat Asp's Murky Starter and Deadbeat herself so I can run the original challenge from the no pay bill side. It may take me a bit before I upload/share lot and sim. I'm going to alternate between this and the going solo challenge.
    Since my sim self is on hold (probably) until Jungle Adventures Challenge becomes official I've decided to finally make Deadbeat Asp's Murky Starter and Deadbeat herself so I can run the original challenge from the no pay bill side. It may take me a bit before I upload/share lot and sim. I'm going to alternate between this and the going solo challenge.
    Is Deadbeat or dirty rotten considered disallowed? The game would not let me share Asp. It said something about either the backstory or my Sim's name, etc. contained a disallowed word. Does anyone know what I need to change?
    I should have included the backstory so someone could help. Here it is: Aspensong was nick named "Deadbeat Asp" when Murkland Power Company official declared she was a "dirty rotten snake" for refusing to pay her electric bill. She had to concede the dirty...there's not much water out here for washin' up but she knew who the real criminals were: corrupt money grubbing officials who gouged every last penny from poor hard working sims!
    Okay, never mind, it was Deadbeat so I misspelled it Deadbeet... just so I could share her!
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I saw the new pack and world and immediately my first reaction was. Murkland spinoff needs to happen here somehow!
    Do you mean Del Sol, Shadami?
    I have been thinking of a haunted, run down theatre for actors.
    edited February 2019
    No not Del Sol. Strangerville that comes out next week.
    Ooh, I haven't seen that yet. Did I see something about Caribbean style for it? I look forward to it.
    Uhhh nope. It's in a banner at the top of the page. Military, desert, and zombies by the look of it. And some tech stuff and surveillance vans.
    AAh, cool thank you.
    With holidays from seasons (skill day especially) my sim's charisma and a few other skills rose faster than the last time I ran a Simself in Murkland. This time I know about the growfruit and my trashplants are evolving faster, too! I don't know if it's just me or if added packs have made a big difference. I'm looking forward to finishing two aspirations I've never reached the top in: Serial Romance, and Grilled Cheese!
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Aspensong wrote: »
    With holidays from seasons (skill day especially) my sim's charisma and a few other skills rose faster than the last time I ran a Simself in Murkland. This time I know about the growfruit and my trashplants are evolving faster, too! I don't know if it's just me or if added packs have made a big difference. I'm looking forward to finishing two aspirations I've never reached the top in: Serial Romance, and Grilled Cheese!
    Good to hear you are making progress :)
    Yes I do believe added packs and patches are making positive improvements to the game in general.
    Also @Brennachan is looking at ways to tweak the Murkland challenge to make it even better. No worries though about any immediate changes. Just keep playing it as it is currently written. :wink:
    I took a quick peek at some Murky builds and didn't notice a Nukeland Broadcasting (and recording) Company (NBC). Does anyone know if it's been done or should I attempt it? If so, do you think I should flatten and rebuild Del Sol or just use Newcrest?
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Hello wonderful Murky Salamanders .. who is excited for the murkiest pack yet .. besides MEEE!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    anyone just starting this challenge? thinking about doing it!
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
    To Jmaraa: I just started the no-pay scenario/side of this challenge 3 days (RL) ago. I highly encourage you to do so on either side of the challenge. Having a blast. I just learned about spoilers so I'll add a hint that you may already know because seasons has made my timing for elderberries (part of deoderizing cream) bad. (still haven't crafted even one!).
    If you load Brennachan's Fire and Music Festival lot you will find your sim can walk to it from the starter lot. I discovered swimming laps in the pool out back keeps hygiene okay on days other than MWF. I didn't find anything prohibiting swimming on off days. There is a travel prohibition/ no phone use at first.
  • JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    So far all i've done is clear out oasis springs and placed the starter lot, library and a couple others.. i havent actually PLAYED PLAYED yet

@Aspensong did you place all the lots that were listed immediately? or as you went on? also did you place other families besides the starter on the lots too?

My starter ended up with no hair when i DL her, I asked OP to make a seasons based one without stuff pack content.. but im too impatient i'll prob just edit her myself and just start haha!
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
    A bunch of the Sims got bald or naked for me, so I just edited them xD
    The first time I played I place most of the lots but the Vardo of the Sands wasn't available right away. I think Brenna was updating it for seasons. You don't need it immediately. This time I loaded everthing except the jail. (I'll add that when I start part two of the challenge. You might want to consider loading most of the lots that have families so that you can push up friendships early on. Day one I always push one friendship so I don't feel guilty visiting and harvesting a neighbor's trashplant that day! (We are supposed to eat one every day and I almost feel like it's stealing.) I waited to load the Merchantile first time because you're not supposed to visit it until after you have charisma and gardening around 7 or 8 if I remember right. Also, I was all gung-ho (excited) to try the challenge so I didn't get everything up and really never added Nukecrest lots.
    Jmaraa wrote: »
    So far all i've done is clear out oasis springs and placed the starter lot, library and a couple others.. i havent actually PLAYED PLAYED yet
    @Aspensong did you place all the lots that were listed immediately? or as you went on? also did you place other families besides the starter on the lots too?
    My starter ended up with no hair when I DL her, I asked OP to make a seasons based one without stuff pack content.. but um too impatient I'll prob just edit her myself and just start haha!
    @Jmaraa Welcome to Murkland :) I am a moderator in the Murkland Facebook group. I have played thru this challenge several times. The first few were well before the release of Seasons and when only the starter version was released. To begin the challenge Oasis Springs needs to be converted to Murkland. That simply means to clear the world and place all the lots and the Murkland residents created by @Brennachan and go from there. A lot of the content from different packs is cosmetic. Like decor or outfits from the Vampire packs for example. Outdoor Retreat is a big factor in playing the challenge as written. You will also need Dine Out for the Puffer Dome and Get to Work for the Mercantile.
    I am not sure what content you already own so I am not sure how to advise you.
    There is a save file that I created a while back with all the lots and the residents in place and ready to play.

I hope I didn't step on any toes. When someone asks me question I try to answer even though I'm not a moderator. If I owe you an apology EuphorialQueen then I am truly sorry. BTW, I still haven't figured out what is supposed to replace the museum. I have an empty bulldozed lot. Could you perhaps let me know what I should place there?
    Aspensong wrote: »
    I hope I didn't step on any toes. When someone asks me question I try to answer even though I'm not a moderator. If I owe you an apology EuphorialQueen then I am truly sorry. BTW, I still haven't figured out what is supposed to replace the museum. I have an empty bulldozed lot. Could you perhaps let me know what I should place there?
    It is quite alright to comment and ask/answer questions. :)

I think you are looking for The Remains of the CDC
    murkla10.jpg

Thank you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top