Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bored? Try This

Comments

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    18. Create a sim couple with completely opposite traits and see what they do.

I've played a good sim/evil sim couple before. :D They're one of my favorites and are married now
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    20. Have a writer or painter (or other creative) sim form a club of one. Then make a separate fan club. The fan club could have interactions like “ be nice to” or “hug” toward the other sim’s club of one. Have the first sim have a reading at a library or a showing at a museum or art gallery and have their fan club start a gathering there.

This might work best if the lead “fan” is in the same household as the writer/painter so you can control them both. Another option is to just control the fan club, get them all in the same venue, and then block or remove the doors so the writer/painter can’t just decide to leave.

I have no idea if this will work as the idea just came to me, so let me know if you try it.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    21 ) Start and complete a Rags to Riches challenge.
    22. GIGOLO CHALLENGE. Create a Young Adult gigolo. Move him into a nice place that’s set up for romance (lit could have things like fireplace, home bar, hot tub, candles in bedroom, etc.). Once his home is set up, reduce his funds to 1,000 simoleans.

Have him seduce women (or men, depending on holis preference) only from the Adult or Elder age groups. Each time he goes on a date or hangs out with one of these women and it goes well, have the woman give him a gift of an item of your choice. He can keep or sell the item. Each time he woohoos with one of these women, have them give him a gift of simoleans. See if he can survive on this income alone.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    23. Have a Sim make a photo of every available food dish in game to create their own food galery.

(I had a foodie Sims who attempted this challenge once but she died and none of her children was interested in continuing her life task.)
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    edited December 2018
    24. 5-CLUB CHALLENGE: Form 5 clubs, 1 for each age group:

Child
    Teen
    Young Adult
    Adult
    Elder

They can be any type of club. Make the following actions happen. Each club must do at least 1 action. Actions that occur between 2 or more people must be between members of the same club. The actions must happen during a club meeting.

Become best friends
    Become embarrassed
    Become boyfriend or girlfriend
    Have a love triangle
    Get in a physical fight
    Die

The club that gets in a fight cannot have “fight” as an official club activity.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    22. GIGOLO CHALLENGE. Create a Young Adult gigolo.

Back in the TS2 days I made a romance painter sim who painted a portrait of each conquest. He ended up with quite a collection of paintings! I tried to recreate him in TS4, but he got married to his first love (sigh).

edited December 2018
    22. GIGOLO CHALLENGE. Create a Young Adult gigolo.

Back in the TS2 days I made a romance painter sim who painted a portrait of each conquest. He ended up with quite a collection of paintings! I tried to recreate him in TS4, but he got married to his first love (sigh).

Great addition to the challenge, @CorkysPetals ! We should call that Challenge 22B - Gigolo Artist.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    edited December 2018
    25. Have a squeamish non-committal sim that hates children raise five toddlers with the same person who is a lazy slob so the main sim guy or girl must clean up after all of them. Maybe add the filthy and cursed lot traits to the house as well to see if that makes it harder on them. hmm now that I think about it the creepy crawly trait too if you have it works on home lots. >:)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    26) Create a Crazy Pet Sim. Give them 7 of the same type of pet (dog or cat) and just try to keep all the chaos organized ^^
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    27) Got the idea from this thread: Use CAS to make a sim & its clone (identical looks, voice, walk, & traits), change the gender of one, and set their relationships as siblings. Then put the brother in a household with 7 women, and the sister in a household with 7 men, and switch between each HH on a regular basis. Compare and contrast!
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    28. Make all sims in your save evil and try to create a group of successful criminals
    Oh hamburgers!
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »
    28. Make all sims in your save evil and try to create a group of successful criminals

I love the idea of making an evil family. That would be fun!
    29. Turn all sims in your save into a supernatural creature
    Oh hamburgers!
    30. MID CENTURY: Download mid-century modern cc for furniture, hair, clothes, etc. Put a row of houses on the same street, but make them all the same house, just with different colors and slightly different yards/plants, etc., to resemble the cookie-cutter houses of the mid century. Have all of the men work and all of the women stay home and be housewives. Form drinking clubs for the men where they stay out after work and go to a bar and form card clubs for women where they play cards with their neighbors when the kids are at school. Form play clubs for kids where they play in the yard with all the other kids on the street after school.

30.1 Premade Option: Do this with all of the residents in Willow Creek. Transform their hair and clothes into mid-century and move them into mid-century houses.
    Okay so, has anybody tried any of these yet? I hope people will share their experiences.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    12: Make a paralell universe save where you have the same sims but with completely different lives and alternate between the 2 "universes".

I unintentionally did this. I found a save file from back in 2015 before the sims in my main save file started having kids. It's been fun playing those old families again with a different outcome. Also have more packs now than I did in 2015, and I forget that some of my sims missed the boat on things like Parenthood.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited January 2019
    31. Have your sim do most of their skill building OFF their lot. It's easy to plop all sorts of things on your lot and not leave it, but I had a sim who lives rather modestly getting mostly by writing books and she goes to the library to write, since she doesn't own a computer or has the space for it. Bought a journal and writes in it now and again building some of her skills.
    Leave those pesky bookcases out of your home or just don't conveniently buy them. Going to the library and reading skill books there is completely free.

Same with just going to the gym to work out.

Certainly sets a different pace for my sim when they don't have every little thing in their home conveniently placed for them. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
    32... Have a super fit sim not work out for several in game days.
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    33. if building is more your thing, re create your own home and/or buildings in your neighbourhood, extend this with re creating family and friends and their homes . . .
    34. Only control ONE sim in your household, let the others fend for themselves . ..
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited January 2019
    35. Try using the yard sale table to sell things in your sims inventory you might not ant anymore like some collectibles and craftables. Much more affordable than trying to buy a retail store to sell them. You can even take the table and just have a sale on a community lot. I had my sim host a bake sale and sale a lot of the cookies and cupcakes she made.
    5vJrxmT.png
    36... Recreate your favourite tv show/movie characters in game.
    Oh hamburgers!
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited January 2019
    I do monks who live together they have all different personalities and I did them at random they cannot do anything romantic and they do not get married they live off of the land but in a monastery. I then make some of them have the traits that would get them into trouble like flirty sims and the trait where they have to have different partners, Basically I make it almost impossible for them to fulfill their traits.....That is a challenge in itself. Sometimes I make them really act like monks make all non committal and unflirty but then I put a sim in the house (male or female doesn't matter) and I give them the traits where they have to be flirty. Anything that would make it more difficult for the monks to go about their daily lives as monks, without interacting romantically and see if I can change one into a mate for the other sim who is not a monk.
  • JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    This is a crazy thread haha Has any one gotten through this yet? I'm thinking of trying it.. what would you call this challenge?

#communitylegacychallenge ?
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    38. Gather up around six teens in your game and place them in a dormitory building with a supervisor. It's probably most enjoyable in rotational play where you know the teens beforehand but it could be a fun even if you don't. I usually mix in a couple of townies my sims are friends with. Create five days long holiday, no school or work. Add traditions that are fit for a talent camp/summer camp, for example make resolutions (day 1), art and music spirit (day 2), go on a vacation (day 3), attend holiday ceremony (day 4) and invite guests (day 5). Play through the camp. Traditionally mine will spend one night at Granite Falls and have a performance for their parents on the final day.
    Oxdj2Ik.png

I made a blog post about the camp I just played through: https://simsimseree.wordpress.com/2019/02/04/club-baboons/. This was the first time I utilized the holiday system, it helped with giving everyone a day off and also added some structure but it's not necessary. Five days went by really fast.