Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jungle Adventure Questions/Issues

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @centha that...is actually a tough choice. i really do like both, but for vastly different reasons... maybe get together first, just because it's a new world you can build in and live in and all that. the jungle is beautiful, but just for vacations (or trying to break the game)
  • CenthaCentha Posts: 46 Member
    @kalaksed Thank you! I will look into it a bit more =) I am interested in the new world, but the reason I wasn't sure is because I'm positive I wouldn't use the clubs as often as I would use the jungle world. I do like the create a sim items for get together better though.
    i always get saddened when i hear people talk about not using the clubs. i use all sorts of them all the time, there are so many ways to use them just to add flavor to things. like a bunch of sports fans hanging out at the local pub, or kids playing voidcritters in the park. they really can help different areas feel more alive, plus you'll see the same sims in those areas instead of random townie number 3 one day and number 19 the next. but that's all for another thread (and there are some threads where i spend paragraphs explaining how useful clubs can be for...all sorts of things)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    jcooke1986 wrote: »
    :'( Every time my sim leaves the jungle area I lose all the items I've picked up there. Is anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions to fix? I've already ran the game repair tool in Origin.

So that's how it's happening.
  • TheNUBaliciousTheNUBalicious Posts: 113 Member
    My Sims haven't even made it to the jungle yet and I noticed things missing out of their inventory that I brought with them, I thought I was just losing it. Must be a glitch of some kind, I have no mods or cc so I know it's not that.
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i always get saddened when i hear people talk about not using the clubs.

IMHO Clubs is the single most powerful gameplay addition we've released as paid DLC to date (not including Toddlers that came via free patch). I really think it changes the way you can control groups of NPCs and craft story lines. Totally subjective, but I really dig that feature.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    i always get saddened when i hear people talk about not using the clubs. i use all sorts of them all the time, there are so many ways to use them just to add flavor to things. like a bunch of sports fans hanging out at the local pub, or kids playing voidcritters in the park. they really can help different areas feel more alive, plus you'll see the same sims in those areas instead of random townie number 3 one day and number 19 the next. but that's all for another thread (and there are some threads where i spend paragraphs explaining how useful clubs can be for...all sorts of things)

I am not the club type of person - as it always reminds me of swarming insects and Master minded controlled Killer robots - you know Hive Mind, and Stefford Wives and Terminators kind of thing. I am big on individuality and people being in charge of them selves. Clubs are just too creepy to me that a single interest rules that being like a Queen Bee rules her nest or robots obey their Masters.

I like free thinkers that think for them selves or people who do things they enjoy out of the love of that thing or the greatness of the idea - not because rules say we all do this whether or not we want to. How can you not see that even a little like bordering on mind control.

Perhaps if it was just a common interest in a single idea or game or thing - but when rules and weird costumes get involved it just become too kooky for me to even consider. So no I won't have it in my game. I am all about the free thinkers and a world full of individuals - not carbon copies of every one else.

Synchronized gaming = equal creepy to me. Celebrate individuality and not being hive minded.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited March 2018
    I have tons of all the jungle stuff. I just kept buying everything on the tables - and a few minutes later the proprietors added new gear - until I had 6-8 of everything my sim needed. She ended up with tons more.

The only thing I did lose was my sims tent - I told her to place it - and never found it again. She placed it fine two other nights - but the third night I never located it. So I just clicked on her little house picture in her portrait and it took her back to the small house she had rented without me having to retrace any steps at all.

I do not have any mods or any CC - but I do own all the packs out so far.

My Sim spent 7 days there - and still has tons of stuff in her inventory - like 8 machetes, and 6-8 of every fire and bug repellent in the game, 10 energy drinks, and 7 of those grilled cheese things. She has mastered the foods - all but one of the secret menu items, the culture, - and the dance. She has opened 5 gates and gone through 2 temples but she still needs the warm spring bath house temple and the temple shown in the live play with the two female Guru's. So at least I don't have to worry about needing anything but a new tent. LOL.

ETA -Oh and for the simmer who wished for an archeology skill book - there is at least 1 - even though my sim already mastered it - she does have one listed as skill book 1. It fools you thinking it is a regular book as it says Small Brushes and Archeology: skill book 1 or something like that. It was in the gear shown when they showed OR stuff - it was one of those 3 books. I found it quite by accident as I did not know there was a skill book. LOL.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Has anyone adopted a stray in JA yet? When my sim went there he adopted a dog after that a message came up saying the gods had been pleased with him and blessed him.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Sorry if this has been already asked, but has anyone made to the island yet? If so how did you get there?
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Bookmarking this thread so I can see if anyone answers Idmarko's question.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Anyone having issues with skeletons? My sim got the skeleton blessing, but after the 12 hours, the game still acts like he's a skeleton and I can't change outfits or etc.. I even used the cheat to remove the buff and he won't go back to being normal... :/
  • aliciakayray86aliciakayray86 Posts: 71 Member
    How do you take your pets with you on vacation? I go to send my Sims and it only allows me to select Sims. None of my pets show up on the selection list. I've tried two separate households. I've heard it's not worth taking them, but I want the option
    my pets seem to show up just fine in the selection, but it's a bit weird, anyway. no other sims in the household are selected as highlighted, but the game seems to think they all are and invites them all along (including pets and toddlers) unless go in and select each one individually. the first time, there's a brief flash of green then they get the white background like they're just getting unselected. second click, they turn green and become selected to join the trip. bit odd, but just a ui glitch i can work around if i remember, at least
  • aliciakayray86aliciakayray86 Posts: 71 Member
    Hmmm... My pets don't show up at all to be selected :/
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    my pets seem to show up just fine in the selection, but it's a bit weird, anyway. no other sims in the household are selected as highlighted, but the game seems to think they all are and invites them all along (including pets and toddlers) unless go in and select each one individually. the first time, there's a brief flash of green then they get the white background like they're just getting unselected. second click, they turn green and become selected to join the trip. bit odd, but just a ui glitch i can work around if i remember, at least

This! It's driving me crazy, I keep forgetting to click each family member to "unselect" them. My Sims didn't care for their kids crashing their romantic weekend :D
  • SissyfistsSissyfists Posts: 1 New Member
    > @ldmarko said:
    > Sorry if this has been already asked, but has anyone made to the island yet? If so how did you get there?

It is the door at the very top of the jungle map, up the little path to the right of the temple entrance IIRC. I've only made it over there 1 time >.>
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited March 2018
    I bought this pace when it was released and can't get past the temple's. There seems to be 5 according to Carl's guide.. Everytime I explore the temple it says the exploration is complete but everytime I go back there are always gate's to unlock. It's getting annoying and boring to repeat the same thing over and over..
    Post edited by CrazyboutTheSims on
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    QUESTION 1:

If you add a ghost Sim to your family, can they go to Selvadorada?

QUESTION 2:

(if they can) Can they be killed (re-killed?) by the tomb traps?

I was looking thru my saves, and found one where I had poor Summer Holiday die tragically. So with her buried in the back yard (but not playable - yet), I was wondering if she had an advantage (already dead) and not worry about being killed.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    I have not tried playing with a ghost as a traveling adventurer companion - so I have no idea. But it's an interesting thought anyway.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited March 2018
    about to have the ghost of a selvadoradian come back on vacation with my sims (they sat around about a week waiting for him to hop out of his urn on their back porch), so will have some answers later. he's also a newbie vampire, so we'll see how things go with that, too (the husband of the household he joined is the vampire that turned him, but has sunlight immunity and most other powers, so the jungle did nothing to him)

well, noticed two things rather quickly. one, vampire ghosts have a unique moodlet for being burned by the sun (i knew they wouldn't get killed by energy dropping to zero, but didn't expect the moodlet to be different):
    4e13faf3925f33e4d7c84007ddb4b011.png

and two, apparently poison ghosts can occasionally accidentally knock out sims near them. hector teleported (as a bat) to chat with the other vampire, who instantly passed out, with hector listed as the cause in his action queue
    7661a31038b3352df6c318b3ab46fd10.png

well, it took more than a dozen attempts at a trap i already knew was wrong, but we know even ghosts can get darts to the neck...
    8d6f5cf9d0781c865a91ef1d46c5d7e1.png
    now to wait 12 hours and see if he recovers or gets poisoned again...as a poison death ghost. edit to add: sadly, he recovered. i pretty much expected this to be the only option, but might reset his handiness and try again later

also learned that starving vampires can do all the typical chat interactions on skeletons, even though can't drink their (lack of) plasma
    d12c7f1740746275502679290baa73c7.png

also, apparently, (poison) ghosts don't seem to be targetable with the skeleton blessing relic. tried having both other sims use their on him, then gave the relics to him and he just had 'use on others' and no 'use on self' action, even with no curse or blessing active
    Post edited by kalaksed on
  • BilgeMouseBilgeMouse Posts: 22 Member
    Question about bugs (and I mean insects, arachnids, etc. not game issues) I never got Outdoor Retreat, didn't really interest me, but JA sounds pretty awesome. Once OR or JA are part of your game, do you come across insects in the other towns, or are they restricted to the game pack worlds? Am I going to be fending off spiders in Windenburg and mosquitoes in San Myshuno or do they remain creepy-crawly-free?
    i think you can make spiders and such appear in other worlds if you have jungle adventure, but you have to actually make it happen (by using the 'creepy crawlies' lot trait. with the exception of that lot trait, they stay in their game packs
  • BilgeMouseBilgeMouse Posts: 22 Member
    i think you can make spiders and such appear in other worlds if you have jungle adventure, but you have to actually make it happen (by using the 'creepy crawlies' lot trait. with the exception of that lot trait, they stay in their game packs

Thanks! That's a relief. I'm not a big fan of spiders in real life, I see no reason to deal with them in my Sim's life either. :D