Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    @Shizu9no1 Sorry for the delay and the tease (No link to Sim) Napping took priority. :wink:
    Parker Tate would most definitely fit in Murkland.
    But I have a different Sim in mind. She has been in the gallery of ages and the has only base game content. She survived on her own by gardening and collecting. She also became the Matriarch of Highlander Crest Challenge by @Buttonsginger
    And now .....
    Valeda Gets Murky
    Let's Get Murky! Valeda Tivona is the strong outdoors type. No fancy frills for her. She is all dressed down and ready to get her Murk on. Restyle for @Brennachan Post-Apocalyptic Murkland
    valeda10.jpg

#EQCreations #Murkland #Salamander #RosebudChallenge
    https://www.thesims.com/gallery/F2DD0E0124B411E780C66507D17699C4

OH soo glad for a new Murky neighbor <3 will go find her in gallery :) Look forward to your adventures @EuphorialQueen
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    edited April 2017
    Shizu9no1 wrote: »
    A new chapter about the antics and adventures of oshizu!

UptNYps.jpg
    Chapter 1.10 The Magic Bean Moocher

@reggikoo
    Great idea about only harvesting for-food plants. Though my plants are only Good, I've also stopped harvesting non-food plants, pruning my bonsai tree/bush instead.

@EuphorialQueen
    As our first, last, everything Murklurker (hey, it's like the Barry White song!), I wonder if you have a murky simself in the Gallery?
    I would totally place her in my game! Just wondering. :)

Awesome Idea with the Chef Gino .. I am storing that idea away! :)

Can I ask why you sell your capsules unopened?

Your matchmaking is just ADORABLE .. do I see murky love in the future <3 Great job as always!

OH and was that painful .. that plant frond shooting thru your leg like that ..
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    crissylp89 wrote: »
    Is anyone else dying for the second challenge? I have 16 trash plants that are (soooo) slowly evolving. I love the idea @reggikko had to go to granite falls M, W, F, to get a shower and look for dragon dragonflies...dolla dollas!! Thanks for the info @reggikko !

omg you guys are awesome, I almost have 50 points now I have to catch up on the number of posts I've made!

LOL I try to go thru and hit like on the new members and then chat with them needlessly about nothing so they can return the comment and get another :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Brennachan wrote: »
    Congratulations to @lisabee2 for getting a Maxis Fav for Lisa Bee

Woot! Woot!

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/2508B7FB0B0611E78785B933D96C19A9

17904385_1893901857536922_5096772905064301629_n.jpg?oh=6f20bd451e5d14083ee59bf92fd23646&oe=595045C5

Good afternoon @Brennachan hope it is a positively murky day for you today! TY for the share .. not gonna lie I was excited to see it :) I laugh when I go in and see it .. I am actually being trolled and stolen from .. my dorky little old sim self LOL
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    @Shizu9no1 -- Awwww, that story makes me so happy! I think love may be in the air! <3
  • reggikkoreggikko Posts: 76 Member
    edited April 2017
    lisabee2 wrote: »

@lisabee2 Unopened, they sell for $70. Most of the My Sims Trophies are worth less than that. Only Morcubus and Dr. F sell for $75. The rare trophies sell for more, but they can only be found on Sixam. So, you make more money overall by selling them unopened because the majority sell for less than $70 opened.

reggikko wrote: »

@lisabee2 Unopened, they sell for $70. Most of the My Sims Trophies are worth less than that. Only Morcubus and Dr. F sell for $75. The rare trophies sell for more, but they can only be found on Sixam. So, you make more money overall by selling them unopened because the majority sell for less than $70 opened.

Well bust my buttons .. I learned something new .. ty so much .. what about the fossils .. the same??
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • reggikkoreggikko Posts: 76 Member
    For the fossils, you do have a higher chance of more money if you open them. They are $50 unopened. 6 are worth 50 or less while 9 are worth more. I usually open fossils because there is a fair chance of getting one worth $100 or more. There's a 35% chance of getting one worth less than $50 and a 64% chance of getting one worth more, so I go with the odds. ;)
  • Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
    edited April 2017
    Wow, people! I come back to this thread and find 21 unread comments, lol.
    Brennachan, see what awesome things you are doing both in and out of the game?!

@EuphorialQueen
    Valeda looks great! I'll be downloading her as soon as I'm back in the game.
    Thank you! I love her short hair and overall no-nonsense look!

@tammyjo329
    Thank you for reading! I'm happy that you liked it! The MySims dolls only work for Playful mood but after joking with that Plantsim for 3 straight hours, I really needed some help, lol. You were so right about the collectibles!

@crisspylp89
    You'll find the guidelines for the Overgrown Library Side Challenge on page 10 of this thread. Look down for the second comment by @Brennachan with a date of March 21. I copied the rules into my OneNote notebook

@Brennachan
    Thanks so much for getting back to me about selling from personal inventory and Desert Bloom Park. As you suggested, I'm going to clear the lot and add two or three potty bushes.
    Post edited by Shizu9no1 on
    edited April 2017
    Shizu9no1 wrote: »
    It is my theory in LPs and Simlit that we leave them wanting more ..never fill them up .. I try to make sure my stories can be read in 3 to 4 minutes (LOL FAR less if you are speaking goat)

@lisabee2

I've been meditating on your comment about optimal simlit chapter length.
    And...durn it, my chapters tend to run between 20-25 images because 25 is the image-max at Carl's Forum where I started posting Simlit.
    Does 3-4 minutes of reading translate to about 15 images, considering I don't write all that much?
    Would love to hear advice and suggestions about that.

OH that number of images is great .. I usually run that many too .. :) and I have read your offerings and it is a nice length. Just read your most recent and enjoyed it very much <3 Those Cliffdwellers are a tidy bunch!

On a different note how are things at Carl's when you sub stories?

@lisabee2
    Following the suggestion by @Asaoyoru I tried timing my chapter from last week and it came to 4 minutes. But...I'm glad to get a reader's confirmation from you! So I'll be sticking with 20-25 images.
    Wait, I risk life and limb to kick Ridge out of bed with his cousin at Cliff City and you're talking about "tidy"? :o

Regarding your second question, I'd say it's like any forum in that writers who post-and-run without engaging in the community will get less views and regular readers. I'll PM you in more detail in a bit.

Also, thank you for your kind words about my latest chapter! It's always so encouraging and motivating!
    Aaannnnd....a big congrats on your Maxis fave!

@reggikko
    Thank you for answering lisabee2's question about unopened capsules for me. :wink:

@Brennachan
    Thank you for reading! *sniffs around... Yep, love is definitely in the air for you two!

@ladyloial
    Woot, woot, another Maxis Fave! Congratulations!
    Post edited by Shizu9no1 on
  • AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    I'm just throwing around congratulations for your Maxis favs and your awesome chapters here, guys :D I'm trying to get caught up with everything you wrote. So excited to read about some new Murklanders!
    Brennachan wrote: »
    Congratulations to @lisabee2 for getting a Maxis Fav for Lisa Bee

Woot! Woot!

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/2508B7FB0B0611E78785B933D96C19A9

17904385_1893901857536922_5096772905064301629_n.jpg?oh=6f20bd451e5d14083ee59bf92fd23646&oe=595045C5

Good afternoon @Brennachan hope it is a positively murky day for you today! TY for the share .. not gonna lie I was excited to see it :) I laugh when I go in and see it .. I am actually being trolled and stolen from .. my dorky little old sim self LOL

Ahhh, the trolls! Yes, jealousy will reign its ugly head but no worries. It's really well deserved and I'm very happy for you! You were one of the original Murkland Salamanders! <3
    @Shizu9no1 -- thank you for answering questions for me! Sometimes things fall into the murky waters! I really appreciate you answering the Library Challenge! I'll check if I added it to the first page. I am not sure if I did! Big hugs!
  • KittenFists2003KittenFists2003 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I've been doing the Murkland Challenge for 3 days and I've already got all my plants but 1 going. I've made about 2000 total. My simself has a necklace on for all her outfits. I haven't made him yet, but I imagine my sim's boyfriend gave it to her before they lost each other in the chaos of the dawning apocalypse, because he gave me one in real life because it looked like the one he put on his sim of me. I love being a murklander, I love your challenge. BTW Brennachan your sim was the first to welcome me into town, I felt welcome to the challenge.
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    New to the Murkland challenge?
    Murkland Start Save
    Link goes to the Read Me Directions and the actual save folder.
    This will download as a Zip file.
    murkla10.jpg
    Contains a save folder with all of the basic Sims and Lots created by @Brennachan
    **Please see the Read Me file before placing the save in your game**
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    How lovely @KittenFists2003 about the necklace :) I've been playing about 3 days too and thoroughly enjoying this awesome challenge so thank you @Brennachan :) My simself is surviving but has fallen for Rex Turbo Pumpkin and getting nowhere as he is so unflirty :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    @KittenFists2003 Welcome to Murkland! Always nice to see new neighbors!

@EuphorialQueen Wow, that is one awesome Murkland Starter save file!
    It would be great if everyone using the save file would go around to Fave all of Brennachan's Murkland creations! :)

@masajo Oooh, Rex Turbo Pumpkin, eh? My sim has run into Rex several times when he was feeling flirty.
    Maybe you could keep an eye on his moods and time your advances?
    Does flirting with an unflirty sim while they're not in flirty mood affect the friendship/romance bar?
  • SimluvurSimluvur Posts: 17 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of enclosing my trash plant in a little room with no door until it gives me a plant. Maybe that will work. I am going to try it.

I was about to say...since I was reading a lot of people saying that their neighbors or other's walking by...are we allowed(I'm going to be becoming a murklander soon) are we allowed to put a fence around our house...and then a gate to only allowed just our simself's.. or just put one around the pile of trash your trying to grow...with a fence and lock it...so only you can get in??? :smile:
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited April 2017
    Welcome to Murkland kittenfists and masajo!

and congrats to those with Maxis Favs!

I see I need to pop in a couple times a day to keep up with everyones posts! I sure don't want to miss anyone's story updates! :smiley:

Simluvur - I don't think there are any rules agains putting up fences. I just put up a small enclosed area to drag my trash piles into. Just make sure you use one that goes all they way to the ground so they can't reach underneath it.
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    solvorsh wrote: »
    The first part of my Let's play is up! Let me know what you think and please give constructive feedback if you have some :)

Don't forget to subscribe if you want to follow the story ;)

Subbed - can't wait to watch!
    edited April 2017
    @Brennachan
    Going through this thread, I've found some new stories/videos that could be added to your Links on page 1 of this thread.
    I've PMed you this information because I can't figure out how to post Youtube links without the video embedding in my post...

Murky Bloggers
    Post-Apocalyptic Murkland Challenge by @Asaoyoru : https://stardustdropletstories.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/first-blog-post/
    Miss Fit's Post-Apocalyptic Adventures in Murkland by @misfit091376 : https://misfitsims1.wordpress.com/murkland-starter/

Murky Youtubers
    @anchesenamon (Anchesenamon Sims): link
    @solvorsh (sunny simming) : link
    @Spacey72659 (Spacey Sims): link

To everyone:
    If I've missed your link and you'd like your blog or Youtube channel to be added to the Links, I'd suggest that you send Brennachan a PM.
    With so many new posts everyday, I'm not confident of catching new links! :)
  • SimluvurSimluvur Posts: 17 Member
    I am totally going to start this Murkland challenge. I know I'm going to have so much fun with it, it will give me a bit of a break from the "Get To Work" side of things for awhile(don't get me wrong I love the Get to Work life style) but this challenge has now grabbed my full attention...and this time I'll make sure I won't put Bipolar II trait on my simself(even though I have it in real life). Though...I'm sure playing Murkland Challenge as a enraged ghost(that's how I died twice...because of a cardiac arrest due to anger...I basically died because of anger..."enragment") would be fun...I rather be able to maybe have children? :)
    @Shizuko87 -- I will add the links tomorrow morning! Thank you for all of the info! You rock!

@Simluvur -- YAY! Welcome to the land of murkiness! Have fun! Woot! Woot!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top