Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Harry Potter / Hogwarts Legacy!

ChessiechuuChessiechuu Posts: 3 New Member
WELCOME TO:
THE HOGWARTS 10 GENERATION LEGACY!

This challenge is based off the Harry Potter books and films. It is designed for the Sims 4 and I have done my best despite the lack of supernatural elements to the current game. Therefore it isn’t 100% accurate bloodlines wise, etc, however each generation does embody fun character tropes and things so I hope you enjoy!

With some generations, you have options of who to choose as your heir and which challenge to complete. You can do both, or pick between the two. Your choice.

(Follow the original legacy challenge rules.)

Generation 1: Muggle “The wizards represent all that the true 'muggle' most fears: They are plainly outcasts and comfortable with being so.”
Which came first the chicken or the egg? Or in this case, the wizard or the muggle? We start with a straight-laced and traditional muggle founder who doesn’t like to think outside the box. When your muggle becomes a young adult, this story begins.
-If female, will be a house-wife / If male, will enter tech guru career track (They are supposed to be stereotypical, you see – so the heir can rebel.)
-Will live in Willow Creek
-Must get married and have at least 1 child
-Must have 1 extra child from a one night stand with a randomer, this child will be your heir
-When the heir becomes a young adult, the parents and heir become worst enemies and the heir is thrown out

Generation 2: Muggle-Born “Mudblood, and proud of it!”
You may have been outcasted from your family but you have found a new world in which you belong. When your muggle-born becomes a young adult, this story begins.
-Must have the ‘goofball’ and/or ‘creative’ traits
-Will move to Oasis Springs
-Make at least three new friends
-Have four children exactly that would all be sorted into different houses (Eg. a Genius for Ravenclaw, Ambitious for Slytherin, etc.)

Generation 3: Gryffindor “You might belong in Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart, their daring, nerve, and chivalry set Gryffindors apart.”
You are the bravest of the bunch and your life’s dream has always been to put the bad guys in their place. This story begins when your Gryffindor becomes a YA.
-Must have self-assured trait
-Must go into the Secret Agent Career on the Diamond Agent branch (Aka – Auror!)
-Will have a red themed bedroom (or house if you wish)
-Must have at least three friends
-Extinguish a fire on the home lot
-Have at least two children
(Optional: Can move back to Willow Creek.)
(Optional 2: Can do each house generation; e.g - the Gyffindor gives birth to a Hufflepuff, then the Hufflepuff to a Ravenclaw and the Ravenclaw to a Slytherin. Just make sure Gen 2 has one from each house still.)

OR

Generation 3: Hufflepuff “You might belong in Hufflepuff, where they are just and loyal, those patient Hufflepuffs are true and unafraid of toil.”
You feel it is time to follow your own path and find what it is you want to do with your life. This story begins when your Hufflepuff becomes a YA.
-Must have the Curator ambition (Hufflepuff’s are exceptionally good finders!)
-Will have a yellow themed bedroom (or house if you wish)
-Have at least three friends
-Work hard and reach the top of chosen career ladder
-Must have four or more children
(Optional 2: Can do each house generation; e.g - the Gyffindor gives birth to a Hufflepuff, then the Hufflepuff to a Ravenclaw and the Ravenclaw to a Slytherin. Just make sure Gen 2 has one from each house still.)

OR

Generation 3: Ravenclaw “Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw, if you’ve a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind.”
You are the genius of the family and you aim to learn all you can about the world. This story begins when your Ravenclaw becomes a YA.
-Must have a knowledge aspiration
-Will have a blue themed bedroom (or house if you wish)
-Have a room dedicated to solely being a library
-Max the logic skill
-Never get married as you focus on learning (Can co-habit and be in a relationship)
-Have at least one child

OR

Generation 3: Slytherin “Or perhaps in Slytherin, you’ll make your real friends, those cunning folks use any means to achieve their ends.”
You are ambitious and want to do well in life, you take a step away from the modest life and towards the high-life. This story begins when your Slytherin becomes a YA.
-Must have the ambitious trait
-Will have a green themed bedroom (or house if you wish)
-Reach the top of a chosen career
-Marry a rich sim then divorce them and steal their money
-Marry again, someone who is high up on any career track
-Have at least one child

Generation 4: Squib "A Squib is someone who was born into a wizarding family but hasn’t got any magic power, they are quite unusual."
You are an anomaly that no-one understands and in an attempt to hide your lack of magical ability, your parents never allowed you to leave the house. When your squib becomes a teenager, this story begins.
-Must have the insane and/or loner trait
-Cannot leave the house unless it is for school (up to becoming a YA)
-Joins the criminal career to rebel against maltreatment
-Their partner must join the Secret Agent Villain branch (aka Death Eater!) once they are married
-Have only one child

Generation 5: Chosen One “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
You hate how your parents have followed the path of evil and you strive to stay in the light. When your chosen one becomes a young adult, this story begins.
-Must have good trait
-Will have friend of the world aspiration
-Will wear glasses for everyday
-Become enemies with parents
-Parents die
-Get married to a random sim
-Keep having children until they have twins (heir)

Generation 6: Twin “Wow, we’re identical!”
The twins have always been inseparable but now it is time for you to find your own destiny. When your twin becomes a YA, this story begins.
-Must have Joke Star aspiration
-Have red hair
-Stay best friends with your twin
-Max mischief skill
-Get married and have six children

Generation 7: House Elf “A house-elf must be set free, sir.”
Growing up, you loved to cook and keep the house clean, making it your duty to be seen and not heard. When your house elf becomes a young adult, this story begins.
-Have foodie trait
-Must have pointy ears
-When leaves parents house (to become a free elf!), must wear odd socks at all times
-Will enter culinary career track
-Should do all the cooking and cleaning
-Adopt at least one child (heir must be adopted but you can also get married and have your own children)

Generation 8: Durmstrang “"Eternal glory! That's what awaits the student who wins the Triwizard Tournament, but to do this, that student must survive three tasks.”
You may have been adopted but you never forgot your foreign roots, you plan to honour this and compete in the Triwizard Tournament. This story begins when your Durmstrang becomes a teenager.
-Have a Norwegian / Swedish name
-Have dark hair
-Must have active trait
-Triwizard tournament: Have a golden coloured crystal (Jonquilyst or Citrine) in their inventory/home (golden egg), have a pool and swim in it for one hour straight (black lake) and find the centre of a maze – can be custom made (the maze).
-When this is complete, you can cheat until rich. (Eternal glory!)
-Get married and keep having children until you have a boy
(Optional: Can do both of these, Durmstang can have a Beauxbaton child then continue the legacy.)

OR

Generation 8: Beauxbatons "Eternal glory! That's what awaits the student who wins the Triwizard Tournament, but to do this, that student must survive three tasks.”
You may have been adopted but you never forgot your foreign roots, you plan to honour this and compete in the Triwizard Tournament. This story begins when your Beauxbatons becomes a teenager.
-Have a French name
-Have blonde hair
-Must have perfectionist trait
-Triwizard tournament: Have a golden coloured crystal (Jonquilyst or Citrine) in their inventory/home (golden egg), have a pool and swim in it for one hour straight (black lake) and find the centre of a maze – can be custom made (the maze).
-When this is complete, you can cheat until rich. (Eternal glory!)
-Get married and have two children
(Optional: Can do both of these, Durmstang can have a Beauxbaton child then continue the legacy.)

Generation 9: Pureblood “There're some wizards who think they're better'n everyone else because they’re what people call 'pure-blood'."
Your parents instilled in you a sense of value and loyalty towards your heritage that lead to you believing in pureblood supremacy. When your pureblood becomes a young adult, this story begins.
-Must have snob trait
-Will have Successful Lineage aspiration
-Max three different skills
-Get married and have six ‘genius’ children (Do not divorce or be unfaithful!)

Generation 10: Hogwarts Student “Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus”
Unlike your parents, you believe everyone is equal and no-one should be made to feel lesser. You decide to leave home and your parents values behind. When your Hogwarts Student becomes a young adult, this story begins.
-Leave home and move into a castle
-Become best friends with the elder who owns the castle and took you in (Dumbledore!)
-Decorate your room the colour of your chosen house
-Must make all money from selling paintings, writing, collecting, etc (no career)
-When the elder (Dumbledore) dies, you may get married and have children.
Post edited by Chessiechuu on

Comments

• DiamondpoolDiamondpool Posts: 11 New Member
    I like it! You put a lot of effort into your challenge and it's very well written, I would love to play it myself right now lol.
  • ChessiechuuChessiechuu Posts: 3 New Member
    Thank you! I love Harry Potter so I wanted to see how a Legacy would work for the series. Glad you enjoyed reading through it, haha.
  • Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    I really like the challenge :-) Great job!
  • Makayla_MakaPakaMakayla_MakaPaka Posts: 771 Member
    I finish a Harry Potter movie marathon, go on the forums, and find this! I love this idea, I might try it :)
  • rinarooorinarooo Posts: 50 Member
    I love harry potter and legacy challenges! I am so going to do this one! You came up with some really good stuff for each generation! Thanks for the great idea :)
  • ItestsimmerIItestsimmerI Posts: 4 New Member
    I am a huge potterhead, and I love how much effort you put into this. What house are you in? Im a Hufflepuff! I might want to try this out! :)
  • simblisssimbliss Posts: 82 Member
    I was a bit skeptical at first since the Sims 4 doesn't have all that many options but this actually seems pretty cool! If I had the Sims 4 I might try it but sadly I don't yet :c It's impressive how many options you've made!
  • CatsInCafesCatsInCafes Posts: 2 New Member
    edited May 2015
    Great Challenge! I have Sims 3, so I will have too change it around a bit. Also, instead of finding a jewel for the "Golden Egg" I'm going to find furniture or something that looks like an egg, then colour it gold. :) I love Harry Potter, and this challenge is amazingly done!
  • Puggers127Puggers127 Posts: 63 Member
    edited May 2015
    :D One of the best legacies ever!! I'm definitely going to do this!! <3
    tumblr_mvow87gegd1sq38yao1_500_zpsyuacpseh.gif

Tumblr/Simblr
    puggers127.tumblr.com

• Kitty13_xKitty13_x Posts: 57 Member
    Harry Potter sims for you to use in the legacy at harrypottersims.wordpress.com
  • ttlysimishttlysimish Posts: 8 New Member
    Getting started on a whole new Harry Potter Legacy! I'm starting off where the book ended (with flashbacks in-between) in 2017. Everyone is living happily ever after - or so we thought. Harry's new Auror assignment forces him and his family to move to the Muggle world for safety concerns. Hermione and Ron tag along with their children as Hermione is interested in learning how to push both the Muggle and Wizard world together, and takes Harry moving as a opportunity. Draco and his family are also along for the ride, as we assume that he just likes shoving his money-filled privilege in Harry's face. Other families begin to follow suit, as both Luna and Neville don't want to necessarily be in the wizarding world if their friends aren't with them.

This isn't the only surprise to come, as there are many, so stay tuned!

Follow the story here: lovettlysimish.tumblr.com

A better link and more updates to follow!
  • ohhmystarrsohhmystarrs Posts: 52 Member
    THIS IS AMAZING. I love HP so so so much. It's kind of ridiculous. I will definitely be doing this in the very near future. Bookmarking. Thank you for this!!
  • sparkofmadness_98sparkofmadness_98 Posts: 6 New Member
    I love the look of this! I'm gonna be doing this challenge and writing it all out on Wordpress. My page is alittlesparkofmadness04.wordpress.com
    I'd really appreciate it if someone wants to check it out :smiley::heart:
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    edited July 2016
    OMG how am I just finding this? (Or if I found this before how did I forget?!)
    Aaaanyway - I've been looking for something to spice up one of my current legacies (kinda switching from one I'm not feeling) and I love some of these generations. I'm definitley using this. I love to mash up challenges so it won't be totally straight forward but I love the flow of these (a few def give me story ideas to keep things interesting in my LPs). Thanks for making this!
  • TheseareourlivesTheseareourlives Posts: 126 Member
    @Chessiechuu;805519"

Brilliant challenge and well detailed. I love how you included a 'House Elf' generation. Sometimes I feel like a house elf in real life since I do most of the cooking and cleaning. I can just imaging the Malfoys in the muggle world too. :D
    @Chessiechuu

I was just reading through this challenge again! I can't wait to try it! I especially like how you've included options for the different generations. I think you're the first person I've ever seen do this, but it makes sense. It makes the rigidness of a legacy challenge somehow flexible and fun!

Would it be rude of me to ask if you would check out my latest challenge, "Wizards in the Muggle World?" Like you, I had difficulty at first imagining how magic could be incorporated into the Sims 4, then I was struck by a great idea. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906019/wizards-in-the-muggle-world-challenge#latest
    I am a huge potterhead, and I love how much effort you put into this. What house are you in? Im a Hufflepuff! I might want to try this out! :) [/]

@ItestsimmerI since you enjoy Harry Potter challenges would you consider looking at my challenge? I would love your feedback. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906019/wizards-in-the-muggle-world-challenge#latest
  • JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    This is amazing! Sounds like dedication, but I will definitely attempt this once school is on winter break! I wonder if people are dressing their sims as the characters OR just in normal clothes LOL hmmm
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
  • ThatVocaloidGirlThatVocaloidGirl Posts: 105 Member
    this sounds awesome to do! I'll definitely have to do it!
    2794070.jpg
    Orgin ID: animedemigod
    Packs owned: City life, Get together, Get to work, Vampire
    Current Challenges: Runaway Teen challenge https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916130/im-your-lost-puzzle-piece-a-runaway-teen-challenge#latest I'm Your Lost Puzzle Piece
  • ThatVocaloidGirlThatVocaloidGirl Posts: 105 Member
    @Jmaraa I like to put it into days and work from there though winter break sounds like a good idea also!
    2794070.jpg
    Orgin ID: animedemigod
    Packs owned: City life, Get together, Get to work, Vampire
    Current Challenges: Runaway Teen challenge https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916130/im-your-lost-puzzle-piece-a-runaway-teen-challenge#latest I'm Your Lost Puzzle Piece
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Jmaraa wrote: »
    This is amazing! Sounds like dedication, but I will definitely attempt this once school is on winter break! I wonder if people are dressing their sims as the characters OR just in normal clothes LOL hmmm

Mine dress normal (since we don't have magic) but I have the Harry Potter traits mod in my game so it's kinda fun having those. LOL!
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I'm going to have to try this at some point because I do love me some Harry Potter and this is a fun sounding challenge.
  • Nargirl2007Nargirl2007 Posts: 3 New Member
    Sorry I am so late responding to this! My friend and I are planning to do this legacy and it sounds awesome, keep up the good work!
  • kathrynlouw7kathrynlouw7 Posts: 6 New Member
    I keep meaning to do this challenge. It is so detailed and a bit intimidating. lol
  • WynterlyWynterly Posts: 232 Member
    edited January 2019
    doing this challenge right now <3

(and trying to get my friend to do it)

update: she's doing it!
    Post edited by Wynterly on
    ~I only act like I know everything, Rogers.~

Currently doing Harry Potter legacy challenge. You can find the rules here.