Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone brought Mimsy back to life yet?

I'm considering starting a new save to do just that, it would be fun to add her to family and give her a second chance at life. Has anyone tried this yet? If so please share your story. :) I'd love to see a screenie of her as a live sim.

Comments

• AubreyHartAubreyHart Posts: 132 Member
    That sounds like fun! Please update with Screen shots if you do :smiley:
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Will do!
    edited January 2016
    Well I gave this a try and even though my sim has acquired a full friendship bar with her and became her BFF the option to invite to household is just not there. Also whenever he tries to flirt with her she rejects his advances. I get the feeling it's not possible.
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    I was considring it the first day but she seems loyal to her husband
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    One of my Sims was able to convince her to leave her husband. It somehow worked! :P
  • HondajdmHondajdm Posts: 13 New Member
    The "hire staff" option works. She plays the piano, so if you click the option on there and it says hire a specific sim Mimsy should be there. Then you can resurrect her :)
  • AubreyHartAubreyHart Posts: 132 Member
    Or you can cheat and add her to your household using the testing cheats cheat.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I have the Easy Invite Ghost to Household mod and with that one the Invite option shows up on Mimsy. Haven't used it yet, though, for fear of messing up my game.
  • turmalina007turmalina007 Posts: 118 Member
    Might be stupid question,but how do you bring one back to life?
  • glorificaglorifica Posts: 258 Member
    > @turmalina007 said:
    > Might be stupid question,but how do you bring one back to life?

if you're a level 10 in both cooking skills and a have a high enough gardening skill to create a deathflower and catch an angelfish you can cook ambrosia and bring back the dead with it.
    simming on through.
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for your suggestions everyone! I think the only way is by cheating. Even if I could get her to come to a party by hiring her, I still couldn't invite her to household. I may still try feeding her the ambrosia just to see what would happen then, would she be in the Von haunt estate but as a living sim? It would be interesting. I still have to get my sim leveled up enough in fishing and gourmet cooking before I can try it though.
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    edited March 2016
    I actually have her in my household - funny, when you get Mimsy or Bernard to live with you they will re-spawn on the Chalet lot - so in essence there will be duplicated in the world.
    I found I had to add both so I could delete Bernard (b/c my Sims intent was to marry her and Bernard was just in the way hahaha). But it's ok b/c the lot spawns new ghosts of them,
    I changed my Mimsy's name to Amelia and just went with the story line that she is Mimsy's twin sister - but when I brought her back to life with the wishing well she can still haunt and posses things and can't 'try for baby' so... the game still treats her like a ghost even though she's alive... I haven't tried saving her to the gallery and using a new version of her, so idk if that would remove the ghostly interactions...

She's gorgeous btw.
    [img][/img]03-19-16_7-35-52nbspPM_zpsdlqm7axu.png

[img][/img]03-19-16_8-21-11nbspPM_zpsvpkquyv0.png

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited March 2016
    @Spacey72659
    Oh wow she's really pretty. I wonder if you transfer her to the library and then back in game if the game won't treat her like a ghost.. it's pretty cool that it does though.
    egTcBMc.png
  • LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    She's adorable! <3
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • KryzieKryzie Posts: 2 New Member
    I have her as the girlfriend of my sims and she leaft her hubby but i wanted to have her as a ghost in my house still dont know how i'm gonna managed that tho XD
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Funny , she looks like My Anne of Avonlea character, only Anne I think I gave her reddish hair, but it might of been the light brown, I do not remember, been awhile since I made the set, of Anne and Gilbert , :).
  • SnowspitSnowspit Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm in Kryzie's situation. Manage to make her leave her husband and have her as girlfriend but can't get the "Invite to Household" interaction. How come ?
    I even make my Sim comit suicide because i tought 2 ghosts could wed, but it's still not working.

How did you do it Spacey72659 ?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    edited September 2016
    Snowspit wrote: »
    I'm in Kryzie's situation. Manage to make her leave her husband and have her as girlfriend but can't get the "Invite to Household" interaction. How come ?
    I even make my Sim comit suicide because i tought 2 ghosts could wed, but it's still not working.

How did you do it Spacey72659 ?

Hello @Snowspit
    You could try typing into the cheat box
    testingcheats true
    Then shift click Mimsy and click " add to household"
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    This is so cool! I can't wait to try it in my sims game!
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Excuse me for asking but who is Mimsy? And I think you can bring ghosts back by using the wishing well.
    Excuse me for asking but who is Mimsy? And I think you can bring ghosts back by using the wishing well.

Hello
    Lady Mimsy Alcorn Shallot is a ghost that lives at the Von Haunt Estate.
    This link has information about her, in the " Von Haunt Estate" section
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-get-together-guide/#SpecialLots
  • usagishiroiusagishiroi Posts: 68 Member
    my lil Alice made friends with her, i was like "leave it to a kid to make friends with a ghost named Mimsy" but the living version of her is so pretty! :smiley: Im thinking of keeping her as a ghost myself just cause i love the appeal of that tragic beauty that haunts the gardens :3
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello

Thanks Rosemow. I am asking because they always have another name when I play in Danish. I thought it was her, and there is a male ghost too, right? Funny idea to bring them to life. I have thought about doing so, too.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello

Thanks Rosemow. I am asking because they always have another name when I play in Danish. I thought it was her, and there is a male ghost too, right? Funny idea to bring them to life. I have thought about doing so, too.

Hello
    Yes, there is a male ghost also. His name is Bernard.
  • cookieEmpresscookieEmpress Posts: 3 New Member
    I used cheats and added her to my household. Didn't think it would work, but I used the "resurrectsim" cheat and brought her back to life!

1. To bring up cheat input console: type CTRL+SHIFT+C, then enter "testingcheats true" to enable cheats (via sims/mailbox)
    2. Then SHIFT+ Click on Mimsy and select "add to family", then she should be apart of your household now
    3. Then SHIFT +Click again but select "Modify in CAS" so you can change Mimsy's name to be her full name: Mimsy Shallot -even though she is Lady Mimsy Alcorn Shallot, you can only do first and last names unless you use hyphens-
    The above steps can be used to resurrect Bernard too.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top