Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it on by default?

graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
Is the new CAS feature on by default? I mean i don't get why male sims have female voices it should be off unless you want to make a trans sim (separate category)
(Before anyone accuses me of being a bigot, im bi myself :) ) i just want things to be optional
I don't want male sims to get pregnant but if it's not on by default then i shouldn't bother.

I don't want when for example i randomize a male sim (and i want him to be a straight guy) to suddenly hear him can speak in girl's voice :/

Comments

• DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    EA have said that by default the new CAS gender settings should be "off" and they shouldn't generate on random townies etc.
  • More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    By default it functions like TS4 before patch. But you have the options there should you want to use them.

Clothes have a feminine/masculine category now.
    You can use whatever voice you want now. I don't believe it generates townies with the patched in voices though.

Pretty much all is optional and to varying degrees to customizability.
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Do the voices still sould distinctly male and female? even though they're available to both genders.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Do the voices still sould distinctly male and female? even though they're available to both genders.

I haven't played around with the pitches at all yet so it may be capable of some depth and tweaking, but just from flitting between the various voices - yes they do sound distinctly male and female (to me at least).
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Same sound no matter where you put the voice.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    Is the new CAS feature on by default? I mean i don't get why male sims have female voices it should be off unless you want to make a trans sim (separate category)
    (Before anyone accuses me of being a bigot, im bi myself :) ) i just want things to be optional
    I don't want male sims to get pregnant but if it's not on by default then i shouldn't bother.

I don't want when for example i randomize a male sim (and i want him to be a straight guy) to suddenly hear him can speak in girl's voice :/

It's optional, at least as far as I can tell. The clothes are still filtered as masculine and feminine. You have to remove that to get the opposite genders clothing (didn't check hair, but assume it's the same). The options for m-preg are stuck behind ellipses (...), which you have to change on the sim itself.

I didn't check voices. I guess that's something you're going to have to check before leaving CAS.

• Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Arletta wrote: »

It's optional, at least as far as I can tell. The clothes are still filtered as masculine and feminine. You have to remove that to get the opposite genders clothing (didn't check hair, but assume it's the same). The options for m-preg are stuck behind ellipses (...), which you have to change on the sim itself.

I didn't check voices. I guess that's something you're going to have to check before leaving CAS.

Yes, the hair has the same filter as the clothing :)

Also, it seems like the voices are just the exact same as they were before - just available for the opposite gender. So... the female voices still sound exactly the same even when used on a male (I assume this is because it would take a lot more coding changes to make a melodic voice more masculine for this patch as opposed to just allowing the female voice for males as they did)...

From what I noticed, when you go into CAS and generate a male sim, the default options are all the original male options - ie masculine form, masculine clothes/hair and voices... you can then choose to set the voice or body type to feminine ones and set clothing preference (in that menu or in the clothing sections). So... if you don't want your sims to be using the new content then they won't by default.
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Also, males can't get pregnant unless you specify that in the options (I mean, aside from the ever present alien invasions XD )- just like the rest, it'll default to "can make other sims pregnant" but you can choose that they can get pregnant or be infertile.
  • CaronteCaronte Posts: 44 Member
    edited June 2016
    You don't get female voices unless you choose them yourself. If you go to CAS and hit the random button you'll always get a voice matching the gender you chose.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2016

This is possibly a bug because that shouldn't happen.

ETA: I just recently installed the May 17th patch this week (not installed the new one yet) and one of my females had a male voice. I was like I must be dreaming but now I guess I wasn't.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Thanks for the info on voices, it's a big help to know as I probably won't be in-game until after the game pack. :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I have not played yet, or done the update. Can we make females infertile? I've been afraid to woohoo at all, since I've seen posts saying even the NOT try for baby option has a low chance of pregnancy. I simply don't want that for my Sims at all!
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    I have not played yet, or done the update. Can we make females infertile? I've been afraid to woohoo at all, since I've seen posts saying even the NOT try for baby option has a low chance of pregnancy. I simply don't want that for my Sims at all!
    Yes, in the gender options you can set it so that a sim can't become pregnant or make others pregnant (a neither option)
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • CaronteCaronte Posts: 44 Member

You can.
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Yes, in the gender options you can set it so that a sim can't become pregnant or make others pregnant (a neither option)

Fantastic! Thanks!
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Actually, the infertility option is a good workaround for alien abductions.

I don't mind the odd bit of alien pregnancy, but it's annoying when it happens against my will.
    wJbomAo.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Actually, the infertility option is a good workaround for alien abductions.

I don't mind the odd bit of alien pregnancy, but it's annoying when it happens against my will.

Oh my gosh yes! :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif