Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    @Anninhaliz If all goes well, you won't have to wait much longer :)
    34in38k.png
  • martinrosen000martinrosen000 Posts: 2 New Member
    Can you not make future era ? It would be so awesome!! And I know it lot of people on tumblr who want it to ? :) I am to frome tumblr organesimsnerd !
  • AlannahGreenAlannahGreen Posts: 164 Member
    @martinrosen000 I reckon that if a future era were to be added, I would keep it as a side era, not a main era. So basically it would be an optional era included just for the fun of it. I say this as the modern era is already modified so that the challenge ends there, so added in another era after wouldn't make much sense... That is why it should be an optional side era.

Do you agree? @Cloudseeker
    @martinrosen000 @AlannahGreen I do want to make a futuristic Era, but unfortunately the base game does not contain enough futuristic stuff to fill up an entire Era. However, I have stated before that if they release a futuristic/scifi-themed EP, I will make an Era based on it. It would indeed be optional, since not everyone might buy such an expansion, but I would work in some form of transition from the Modern Era.

So, in short, the Future Era will come if and when a futuristic expansion pack comes :)
    34in38k.png
  • AlannahGreenAlannahGreen Posts: 164 Member
    Oh, if anybody wanted a list with a wide variety of custom content for the history challenge, check out this link!

http://historychallengecc.tumblr.com/
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    @AlannahGreen i love it! I woud download it all if my laptop woudnt die a horrible death if i did :3
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    ... That was not the emoji i wanted click
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Oh, if anybody wanted a list with a wide variety of custom content for the history challenge, check out this link!

http://historychallengecc.tumblr.com/

Ooo that's awesome - thanks!

I find this site useful as well
    sims4updates.net/search/HISTORICAL/
  • ALlewelynJonesALlewelynJones Posts: 61 Member
    I am a wee bit into this challenge now, I have found it impossible so far to get my sims to like each other romantically. I think it is because they are dirty but the bath can't be carved until a VERY high level of handiness! I cry.
    I am doing a lets play of this challenge on my youtube channel :) Caliente Llama https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdE2sVh44HoTVZCv3nrB_3-G0rG_TrTJ3
    Join me for fun on my YouTube Channel where I create Let's Plays, CAS and build videos.
    Other games may appear from time to time to!

https://www.youtube.com/user/CalienteLlama

• ALlewelynJonesALlewelynJones Posts: 61 Member
    @Shesgotstyle19 Wonderful! Would you like me to link to it in the main post?

That would be nice sorry didn't see this comment til now :)
    Join me for fun on my YouTube Channel where I create Let's Plays, CAS and build videos.
    Other games may appear from time to time to!

https://www.youtube.com/user/CalienteLlama

@Shesgotstyle19 You don't need to wait until you have carved a bath, you are allowed to have a pool in the Prehistoric Era :)
    34in38k.png
  • Elstone001Elstone001 Posts: 2 New Member
    Finally got to Early Civilization. Progress is here, no need to link to main post. starlightsims.yuku.com/topic/75933/Historical-Challengeslets-see-yours-too-FEB-2016 and starlightsims.yuku.com/topic/76116/History-ChallengeEarly-Civilization
  • Zoey95Zoey95 Posts: 1,549 Member
    I'm jumping onboard with this challenge :smiley: I currently have a Sims 3 100BC, recently revived from a long hiatus and two other Sims 3 challenges in hiatus. I was hoping to find a Sims 4 challenge that intrigued me, but never found anything until I stumbled onto this thread via Around the Sims website. I had a lot of fun when I participated in the Sims 3 The Great Sim Spectacular exploring the different eras in time. I decided to play my challenge out on a blog - http://sims4lilithstory.blogspot.com/ If the splitting up of prehistory messes up my story then I will prolly stick to the initial set eras, other than that I have my rules and scorecards printed out and I'm playing the game.

Note: I decided to use the lot originally used by the Oasis Park. I figured with the strict money manipulation in the beginning that me added a wee bit to get them on that 50x50 lot as opposed to the other 50x50 was inconsequential to the game since they are not allowed to move.
    @Zoey95 Welcome to the challenge, I hope you will enjoy it! I am going to try to design the new prehistoric Eras so that you can easily just transfer into either one of them, depending on how far you've gotten in the challenge.

Let me know if you want me to link to your blog in the main post :)
    34in38k.png
  • Elstone001Elstone001 Posts: 2 New Member
    Transferring eras? I just build that into the story line (the links in earlier post explain the transition but the http part has to be added because have not been here long enough to leave a post with a true link (--am a lurking member of 3 years, heehee).
  • babycakemombabycakemom Posts: 725 Member
    Oh, Cloudseeker!!! I have been looking for a challenge like this for a very long time. I was really wanting a game of sims that would do this, however, I think this will work fabulously. Wow, I am so "stoked!!"
    Getting ready to get started, I am sure I will be back with questions and posts of my progress. Thank you so much for this wonderful, well thought out challenge!!!!
  • babycakemombabycakemom Posts: 725 Member
    edited March 2016
    Introducing my ancestors for the History Challenge:

Kobal Atkins

03-13-16_8-31-36nbspPM.png

Ayla Ybarra

03-13-16_8-30-47nbspPM_1.png
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Oh, Cloudseeker!!! I have been looking for a challenge like this for a very long time. I was really wanting a game of sims that would do this, however, I think this will work fabulously. Wow, I am so "stoked!!"
    Getting ready to get started, I am sure I will be back with questions and posts of my progress. Thank you so much for this wonderful, well thought out challenge!!!!

It's def a load of fun so I'm sure you'll have a great time!
    @babycakemom Thank you, it makes me so happy to hear that you are excited for the challenge! :) I wish you good luck!
    34in38k.png
    @Zoey95 Welcome to the challenge, I hope you will enjoy it! I am going to try to design the new prehistoric Eras so that you can easily just transfer into either one of them, depending on how far you've gotten in the challenge.

Let me know if you want me to link to your blog in the main post :)

Thank you, Cloudseeker :smiley: I am obsessed loving it so far! Yes, I would love to be linked on your main post.

@Cloudseeker I have questions (you are going to tired of me real quick LOL): I understand that we can have tubs and toilets in the prehistoric era once we have a sim skilled enough to make them (no copying, of course)? But can we substitute another (more historic looking toilet or tub) when we've reached that point? Like this for example - http://41.media.tumblr.com/e855df7aef6432c919c86475b3a3ad5f/tumblr_o3orq6Cj6T1thxftfo1_1280.jpg I'm still hoping to find something solid rock looking of course. Also I was thinking an alternative to a tub, might be a natural waterfall looking shower. Not from the beginning of course, the sims need to suffer in their stink (aside from swimming laps) but once they have the handiness level to make a tub, maybe a shower alternative. I wouldn't use the sink in the prehistoric era because they can't make one.

Another question... I made a primitive camp to add other Sims, but can't save it to my library. Thank goodness the prehistoric camps have very little, as I'm having to build each one :( Is there a secret to saving and sharing a lot with CC? I'd link the CC of course.

Does anyone here use a currently working "No School" mod? I really don't want my prehistoric simmies going to school.
    @Cloudseeker Oh, I remembered my other question. We can move any sim out of the household, at any age as long as we don't move them back in, right?
  • OtterlyRidiculousOtterlyRidiculous Posts: 45 Member
    After far too much time spent looking for CC to fit this challenge (and, still, I feel I am severely lacking Ancient Civ CC :( ), I have begun! This challenge has also inspired me to write my first Sims 4 story, and so far I've been having a blast. With all the pictures and in-between writing I've been doing, I fear I'll never make it to generation 7! (There are a fantastic set of blooper pictures so far.)
    Also, I was wondering if perhaps there were any ideas for a futuristic generation 8? Maybe focus goals on space, aliens, and technology?
    @Zoey95 Lovely to hear that you are enjoying the challenge!
    Zoey95 wrote: »
    I understand that we can have tubs and toilets in the prehistoric era once we have a sim skilled enough to make them (no copying, of course)? But can we substitute another (more historic looking toilet or tub) when we've reached that point?
    I don't see why not, that's really only a cosmetic preference anyway. So you could just craft a toilet/tub, sell it, and then buy the one that looks like you want instead. And if the price of the new toilet/tub differs a lot from what you get from the crafted one, just use the money cheat to set your money to what it was before selling it :) And I see no problem with having a waterfall shower instead of a tub either, since they have the same purpose.
    Another question... I made a primitive camp to add other Sims, but can't save it to my library. Thank goodness the prehistoric camps have very little, as I'm having to build each one :( Is there a secret to saving and sharing a lot with CC?
    That is odd, I have never had that problem, with or without CC. Are you getting any error messages, or does just plain nothing happen when you try to save it?
    Does anyone here use a currently working "No School" mod? I really don't want my prehistoric simmies going to school.
    Sadly, I have not found a good one myself, so for now I'm afraid you may have to manually cancel their "go to school" interaction.
    We can move any sim out of the household, at any age as long as we don't move them back in, right?
    That is correct. They can also no longer contribute to any goal once they have been moved out.

@OtterlyRidiculous Welcome, happy to hear that you are enjoying the challenge!
    I was wondering if perhaps there were any ideas for a futuristic generation 8? Maybe focus goals on space, aliens, and technology?
    Yes, I do plan to add a futuristic Era if and when they release a futuristic/scifi expansion pack, but until that happens, there is not enough futuristic stuff in the base game to build an Era around.
    Unless, of course, I get a sudden revelation that gives me a good idea for a futuristic Era using only base game stuff :)
    34in38k.png
    That is odd, I have never had that problem, with or without CC. Are you getting any error messages, or does just plain nothing happen when you try to save it?

I'm not getting an error message at all. When I am on the gallery, I can access the lot on my home tab, but it's nowhere to be found on my library tab :(

I'm guessing for school, I will try to use vacations days or something, maybe a mod that gives me more... I don't want to risk social services swooping in like a pterodactyl stealing my kiddos.

I had a pretty big meltdown today, once I realized that taking screenshots in Sims 4 is nothing like Sims 3. I now have eight sim days worth of screenshots only somewhat in order. Who the plum thought the time stamp on screenshots was a good idea? This is a case of: it was not broke and you shouldn't have messed with it, EA *sigh* From now on I will pull my screenshots at the end of every sim day, label and run through them. It's so aggravating. So there won't be another chapter posted until I can sort them out :persevere:

Ooops another question. I fear that Lilith will bear nothing but sons if she is mostly living on carrots. She doesn't fish and while Adam cannot gift her a fish, he can cook one, I cancel him eating it, she can eat that one while he cooks another. I'm thinking even in the prehistoric days a sim should be able to share food. As far as I know a fish bowl/tank and fridge are the only ways to transfer fish. Would it be possible to place the smaller well fridge in this set on my lot - http://budgie2budgie.tumblr.com/post/134918051395/history-players-and-others-the-awesome for the express purpose of transferring fish from one prehistoric sim to another? I did warn you that I'd drive you bonkers with questions, didn't I?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top