Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3, it is happening now!

2...Next

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    BSIRegina wrote: »
    That makes sense but I can understand why they combined them, it makes it a lot easier for maintenance and staff. I would say probably the one thing on this board I've seen that I don't like is when one of the moderators move a topic here from 4's section just because it's partially about TS3 and it should stay in the TS4 section because that's mostly what it's about. If people want to compare the two games that's fine but I think a good portion of us in this section are here because either 1. We never played TS4 to begin with; 2. We've played TS4 and are over it, 3. We play both games and are possibly awaiting new content for TS4. Regardless, we don't need the debates and cat fights that those two topics crossing over inherently bring.

The world I was playing yesterday is Rflong7's Bellatrix so I know there wouldn't be any problems with the world. Overwatch did throw up one unroutable Sim the first day but I checked it out and it was just a temporary hiccup and beyond that everything in that regard has been perfect. The problem I have in Buy/Build is almost just as bad in my testing/build game that's almost CC- and mod-free and I posted in the tech forum a few weeks ago about it but no one had any real solutions.

You will be surprised how many threads get moved. My threads normally end up in feedback but I never loose a thread from the TS3 GD, it seems that they want to keep the TS4 GD 'complaint free' as much as possible...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    That makes sense but I can understand why they combined them, it makes it a lot easier for maintenance and staff. I would say probably the one thing on this board I've seen that I don't like is when one of the moderators move a topic here from 4's section just because it's partially about TS3 and it should stay in the TS4 section because that's mostly what it's about. If people want to compare the two games that's fine but I think a good portion of us in this section are here because either 1. We never played TS4 to begin with; 2. We've played TS4 and are over it, 3. We play both games and are possibly awaiting new content for TS4. Regardless, we don't need the debates and cat fights that those two topics crossing over inherently bring.

The world I was playing yesterday is Rflong7's Bellatrix so I know there wouldn't be any problems with the world. Overwatch did throw up one unroutable Sim the first day but I checked it out and it was just a temporary hiccup and beyond that everything in that regard has been perfect. The problem I have in Buy/Build is almost just as bad in my testing/build game that's almost CC- and mod-free and I posted in the tech forum a few weeks ago about it but no one had any real solutions.

Oh absolutely. I know why they did it, I just feel like this board almost seems like a bit of a downgrade. Not sure why. Maybe it seems more simplistic? Who knows.
    So weird about your issues... I hope you get the resolved so that you can play!!

Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    Maybe it feels like it's a downgrade because of the different styling used. From a user standpoint, though, I think this Vanilla forum is an upgrade from the old jforum they originally used on that board. I'm pretty sure they upgraded it with yet another free forum software at some point but it still had the jforum name in the URL and all the while still used a bunch of default icons that have been around for well over a decade. I think the biggest downfall is that there's no link to anyone's studios from this forum like there was in the old forum. Sometimes I want to find something made by a particular user and it's a pain in the rear to find on the old Exchange.

You will be surprised how many threads get moved. My threads normally end up in feedback but I never loose a thread from the TS3 GD, it seems that they want to keep the TS4 GD 'complaint free' as much as possible...

I've seen how many threads get moved to Feedback and what's more how many threads end up just completely gone. I feel pretty sure they're trying to keep everything there upbeat and peppy--after all they do have a game to try to sell. If a person digs around the forum and the internet in general, though, before long they can see what's really going on.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
    Maybe it feels like it's a downgrade because of the different styling used. From a user standpoint, though, I think this Vanilla forum is an upgrade from the old jforum they originally used on that board. I'm pretty sure they upgraded it with yet another free forum software at some point but it still had the jforum name in the URL and all the while still used a bunch of default icons that have been around for well over a decade. I think the biggest downfall is that there's no link to anyone's studios from this forum like there was in the old forum. Sometimes I want to find something made by a particular user and it's a pain in the rear to find on the old Exchange.

I've seen how many threads get moved to Feedback and what's more how many threads end up just completely gone. I feel pretty sure they're trying to keep everything there upbeat and peppy--after all they do have a game to try to sell. If a person digs around the forum and the internet in general, though, before long they can see what's really going on.

Indeed :s

It is easy to delete 'just another complaint' or one of those 'negative' threads that explode but take a look else where across the internet and you will see something completely different. Hiding from the truth doesn't do anything, it is just a case of brushing things under the carpet and hoping for the best, but if players don't feel like they are getting the best, then there will be no positive outcomes

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I never left. The truth as I see it:

Sims 3 was a bug fest. It was/is frustrating, irritating, amazingly fun, touching, funny and highly entertaining. I think its probably a testament to the game that the community has spent so much time on patches and mods to fix those bugs just so we can continue to play it. Even 2 full years after the last expansion pack released we still can't seem to get enough. Bugs aside it was, is and probably always will be one of my favorite sims titles.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »

Sims 3 was a bug fest. It was/is frustrating, irritating, amazingly fun, touching, funny and highly entertaining. I think its probably a testament to the game that the community has spent so much time on patches and mods to fix those bugs just so we can continue to play it. Even 2 full years after the last expansion pack released we still can't seem to get enough. Bugs aside it was, is and probably always will be one of my favorite sims titles.

Well said :smile:

*does groovy dance*
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • amaresityamaresity Posts: 319 Member

Completely agree with this.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

totally agree!
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    I play Sims 2, but recently decided to brush off my Sims 3 because I figured everything had been all fixed up by now (random updates aside). I'm having a blast in CAW and really appreciate the completed game. 4 isn't for me, I hate the tiny hoods and lack of customization. I don't really see myself playing that version at all, especially since I played 2 for so long and am just getting deep into 3. New and shiny means nothing to me, I'm not even a little bit tempted. I'm guessing I'll play 2 & 3 until 5 comes out.
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    @duhboy2u2 - that pretty much says it all regarding TS3. Loved it then, love it now and will continue to play it for many years to come, bugs and all.

@BSIRegina - can't speak for anyone else, but regarding the TS3 boards, I was referring to the almost palpable sense of enthusiasm and excitement that surrounded not only the release of TS3, but of every expansion thereafter. I don't see that here for TS4. I see plenty of people defending it, even more simply saying "hey my computer can run it so I'm fine with it" - but I don't see that excitement and the PEPS that was rampant on the TS3 boards. That could be simply perception but I don't think so. The same threads have been on the first three pages for the past several days in the TS4 section. I don't remember that EVER happening on the TS3 boards, not even there at the end.

Even with the naysayers when TS3 came out (and there were some, oh yes) the amount of traffic alone on the boards was astounding. If you hadn't bookmarked a thread you may as well have kissed it goodbye because you weren't going to easily find it again unless someone else responded to it - that's how much traffic there was. As to the shift to these boards... meh. It's better in that I haven't had any errors or "Liams" but I don't like having to switch between the two to access studios and the Store. Had the discussion boards been left alone, the site would be comprehensive and the amount of hate going on between the two factions would be far less. Combining them, while I understand why they did it as far as maintenance, etc., has created a place that can be quite uncomfortable at times. I don't mind it too much - I've never been afraid to have my say - but sometimes you just get tired of it and I'm sure the TS4 fans feel the same way.
  • ohhmystarrsohhmystarrs Posts: 52 Member
    I will always love TS3. I have most of the expansions for it, and there are so many awesome things to do because of them. Plus, years of CC and mods always allow for awesome extras. Graphically, I really love TS4. Which is weird because I started out hating it. But then again, I started out hating the graphics in TS3 when transitioning from TS2.

I guess I learned something today. I am clearly a creature of habit when I get comfortable with something. Change? Me no likey. Lol
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    @Surreal I understand what you mean. Although I've read there in the past I tend to stay out of the TS4 section so it's easy for me to forget it's even there.

And yes, I remember the traffic and the nay sayers when TS3 first released. I was everywhere all the time back then and for quite a while afterward. Definitely things were hoppin'. :D
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I'm one of those cases that started playing Sims 3 because of the sales.
    I can't complain. I'm love with the game. I might play sims 4 one day, but right now, the prices are ridiculous.