Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I cannot STAND what this game has become anymore!

Comments

• Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    Oh no, I was outed by another hater, you got me. What do I do know xD?!

Yepp, it's true, formerly I was one of you guys. Luckily i left my bitterness and anger behind and now I can enjoy the bright side of life (yeah, it's too dramatic, I know :D )

The best part is: I know what it's like to be a hater, I am a professional. Pardon: was.

I don't want to speculate. what do you know? Share?

You are such a cheeky monkey, you know that? And again: Too funny, pointing out that one has made a spelling mistake. This is a very sympathic trait of yours.

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    before saying you hate the sims4 have you actualy played the game?

Not sure who you are asking but yes...I've played many hours, trying very hard to like the game. As each hour passed it was more obvious to me what had been cut, changed or dumbed down. I'll give it another chance after the upcoming patch. Who knows they might fix enough stuff.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

Yepp, it's true, formerly I was one of you guys. Luckily i left my bitterness and anger behind and now I can enjoy the bright side of life (yeah, it's too dramatic, I know :D )

The best part is: I know what it's like to be a hater, I am a professional. Pardon: was.

You are such a cheeky monkey, you know that? And again: Too funny, pointing out that one has made a spelling mistake. This is a very sympathic trait of yours.

Sorry I didn't think there was a spelling error.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    mortia wrote: »
    Guys, this is this user's M.O. Just ignore the insults and the vitriol. Her entire goal in this is to get a thread which rankles her very soul shut down. Don't let it get to you. Happy thoughts! Ignore buttons! PUPPIES! RAINBOWS! MARSHMALLOWS!

Mortia I'm collecting so many Awesome in this thread. I'm just sad. I don't think you can get any more badges after 500.
  • Options
    shelbydog13shelbydog13 Posts: 16 New Member
    I love The Sims 4, but I do easily get bored of it, even with the expansion packs they have released so far. I do hope that they will improve as far as packs go later on though.

I have to say, past sims games are much more entertaining for me. They seem to have more of a sim feel to them. The two main things I like about TS4 is CAS and the graphics......I can spend hours just messing around with CAS :P
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Alright, nevermind then.
    Her entire goal in this is to get a thread which rankles her very soul shut down.

Not true! :o
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options

Alright, nevermind then.
    Her entire goal in this is to get a thread which rankles her very soul shut down.

Not true! :o

Um..... I didn't say that. You might want to quote the person who did say it. I gotta say though...love me some rankles. :D
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Guys, this is this user's M.O. Just ignore the insults and the vitriol. Her entire goal in this is to get a thread which rankles her very soul shut down. Don't let it get to you. Happy thoughts! Ignore buttons! PUPPIES! RAINBOWS! MARSHMALLOWS!

Mortia I'm collecting so many Awesome in this thread. I'm just sad. I don't think you can get any more badges after 500.

LOL

Don't go saying that kind of stuff out loud though, before "Awesome Farming" becomes the next reason we get a button removed :p
  • Options
    I know you didn't say that. I was (again) too lazy to put the right person into my second quote. Sorry, didn't mean to cause any confusion.

• Options
    I know you didn't say that. I was (again) too lazy to put the right person into my second quote. Sorry, didn't mean to cause any confusion.

Yeah I understand. I'd appreciate it if you cleared it up though. I'm just looking out for you. People have gotten in trouble for editing/not posting quotes the way they were made.

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited November 2015

Not sure who you are asking but yes...I've played many hours, trying very hard to like the game. As each hour passed it was more obvious to me what had been cut, changed or dumbed down. I'll give it another chance after the upcoming patch. Who knows they might fix enough stuff.
    Personally I don't see you ever happy with the game. So if your not happy with it why pay more money to see if it will get better for you. Saying that its suppose to be different and not like all the other games in the series if it was the same game a lot of us would never have bought it. Most of us didn't want a rehash of past games in the series. I really dont see where the game is buggy and maybe its me and because I love mods so much. But I don't see where its buggy though I do see that the one thing they advertised for this game was there wouldn't be routing issues but I see them all the time. But despite that I still love the game.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

Yeah I understand. I'd appreciate it if you cleared it up though. I'm just looking out for you. People have gotten in trouble for editing/not posting quotes the way they were made.

Alright, sorry again.

• Options
    ohhmystarrsohhmystarrs Posts: 52 Member
    I hear you. I am hoping that it is mainly due to its young age. TS3 and earlier have had a lottttt of time to develop and update, change and expand, and tons of custom content and mods have been created for it. TS4 is already a LOT cooler in my opinion than it was when it first came out. Because I was REALLY disappointed in the beginning. CC and Mods as well as GTW, Outdoor Retreat, and Spa Day have really improved the quality of game.
  • Options
    LittleMeow93LittleMeow93 Posts: 63 Member
    I tried so hard to like this game but in the end I've given up and reinstalled S3. The bugs and lack of so many features just killed me. And that family tree they made a huge deal about? Still doesn't work without mods. Pop over to the Australian forum (But please keep your trolls. We don't want them.) and you'll see much of the same opinion of the game. I paid $100 for an incomplete game full of broken promises. What a joke.
    Origin Name: LittleMeow93
    flag-australia.png
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

Personally I don't see you ever happy with the game. So if your not happy with it why pay more money to see if it will get better for you. Saying that its suppose to be different and not like all the other games in the series if it was the same game a lot of us would never have bought it. Most of us didn't want a rehash of past games in the series. I really dont see where the game is buggy and maybe its me and because I love mods so much. But I don't see where its buggy though I do see that the one thing they advertised for this game was there wouldn't be routing issues but I see them all the time. But despite that I still love the game.

@pepperjax1230 you are assuming she wants the same. She doesn't. She wants a next generation game that caters to her. Something everyone wants. It doesn't matter that she's not happy yet. She's just said she's waiting on patches to see if they improve it enough for her and it's really nobody's business what she spends her money on if she is spending.

The assumption people want the same game is wrong. In my entire time here I've never seen anyone say that. Ever. From anyone who likes or dislikes the game. If you have evidence of @PHOEBESMOM601 saying that feel free to bring your source and share :)
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Maybe you can clear a few things up for me.

First, I've never said I was never happy with it. There a few things that are nice. I have said the more I played it the more obvious cuts, omissions and dumbing down became to me.

Did you see me say anything about spending more money? I said patch. I mean everyone gets the patch that hopefully fixes culling, makes it 64 bit and fixes some bugs....or am I wrong about that?

Can you point out to me where I said it's buggy?

Can you point out where I said I wanted the same game?

You know though I did say I'll give it another chance after the patch so maybe you can come right out and tell me what the problem is?
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited November 2015

@pepperjax1230 you are assuming she wants the same. She doesn't. She wants a next generation game that caters to her. Something everyone wants. It doesn't matter that she's not happy yet. She's just said she's waiting on patches to see if they improve it enough for her and it's really nobody's business what she spends her money on if she is spending.

The assumption people want the same game is wrong. In my entire time here I've never seen anyone say that. Ever. From anyone who likes or dislikes the game. If you have evidence of @PHOEBESMOM601 saying that feel free to bring your source and share :)
    I wasn't telling her how to spend her money it would be like someone who never bought the game and disliked it saying why are you spending your money on it. That was my personal opinion that she isn't happy with the game and I was wondering why if its not what she wants is she spending money on more content if she isn't happy with what it has to offer with what she has.

Maybe you can clear a few things up for me.

First, I've never said I was never happy with it. There a few things that are nice. I have said the more I played it the more obvious cuts, omissions and dumbing down became to me.

Did you see me say anything about spending more money? I said patch. I mean everyone gets the patch that hopefully fixes culling, makes it 64 bit and fixes some bugs....or am I wrong about that?

Can you point out to me where I said it's buggy?

Can you point out where I said I wanted the same game?

You know though I did say I'll give it another chance after the patch so maybe you can come right out and tell me what the problem is?

Did I say you said it was buggy no I was just adding that in my post. I don't have a problem with you either. I love to hear others opinions of the game. :mrgreen:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

I wasn't telling her how to spend her money it would be like someone who never bought the game and disliked it saying why are you spending your money on it. That was my personal opinion that she isn't happy with the game and I was wondering why if its not what she wants is she spending money on more content if she isn't happy with what it has to offer with what she has.

It's clear you have remarkable psychic abilities and know what I'm thinking. Just in case they might be on the fritz tonight you can read my response and see what I actually think instead of making up your version.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Its so buggy, even CC free. Empty and devoid of any charm. Dumbed down and kiddy, like a safe Facebook version of the previous games for and audience of tweens. Stupid and shallow party content. Missing NPCs and lifestages. Traits being largely unimportant and useless, broken emotions...
    I really wanted to hold out hope for it, but god... even trying to play it with an open mind I can only applaud CAS, but its downside is the lack of create a style (and if I can run the game just fine on a 500 dollar Lenovo laptop, then here's no excuse for your system).

And before you cheerleaders say anything, I WILL continue giving EA feedback on this lousy game because I paid for it.
    I stick around because I love this series, but man it hurts.

I respectfully disagree.

I haven't experienced any major bugs or game breaking problems with the sims 4. I've had crashes, freezes and all sorts of insane wait times with the sims 3, but with the sims 4 it's smooth sailing.

I find the sims themselves to be amazingly charming. I care more about my sims 4 sims than any other iteration. That includes sims 2.

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by "dumbed down and kiddy". Perhaps you can elaborate. If you mean childlike humor, well the sims has always been silly. Nothing has really changed in that department.

Remember that the game is still young, however it is ever expanding with DLC and free content. In December were getting a massive patch which will include a new lot type, a grouping system, 64 bit, new map revamp major bug fixes and more all for free. The new expansion looks really good too. I'm really excited! Have a look at the get together section and you may find something you like.
  • Options
    colbyfromagecolbyfromage Posts: 268 Member
    @GOLDENBUFFY if you're on the fence... with any game, paying $60 probably isn't the best choice (for yourself).

I played Fallout 3, skipped New Vegas and now have Fallout 4. For me, it has been a fun, entertaining, lack of sleep investment, pretty much already explained why up above, and so much more. If that type of game for everyone? Plum no lol!! I like rpg, shooter games are fun, <3 open world game such as Skyrim, customization/control of what I do & I feel I have that with Fallout.

In a weird sense, I am getting what I wanted to a degree, out of Fallout that I could not/have not taken from the Sims. I can create a town to my liking, customize my character, romance whomever I please and task away at the story.

I love that someone brought up Fallout 4 as I've been thinking about this in relation to Sims 4 since I bought it a few weeks ago.

Just to know where I'm coming from and what kind of gamer I am, I'm a Bethesda girl, and Skyrim is my favorite game of all time. I have, however, played every Sims since 1. You could perhaps say that I am, on a secondary level, a Sims girl.

In my opinion, Fallout 4 is not as great as Skyrim, but it is still great. Part of that could be my personal preferences, as the F4 world is darker and angrier and not as pure natural beauty as Skyrim. It's buggy, but all that means for me is waiting for patches and so on to fix it. Not a big deal because the base is excellent and full of things to do. In case you don't know, in this new iteration of Fallout, you can build and defend your own bases using trash you pick up everywhere, and you can custom build your weapons and armor using the same trash and raw materials. Also the world is open and pretty big, supposedly bigger than Skyrim, but I haven't gotten that far.

The reason I say all this is because Sims 4 is the only other big game purchase I've made for myself in the past 2 years. The building, crafting, exploring, and customization systems in the Sims 4 are practically linear compared to Fallout 4's open-world-ness. I found myself thinking while playing F4 that I can't believe it only costs $60. Sims 4 is fleecing the crap out of us and giving us scraps in return. Sorry, Sims 4. But it's true!

$60 is pretty much the only investment I'll have to put into Fallout 4 for hundreds of hours of interesting and extremely immersive gameplay, especially after mods and patches come through. It stuns me how well Bethesda builds worlds that you can totally get lost in. The craftmanship and storytelling is incredible. I've put waaaay more than $60 into Sims 4, what with game packs and GTW and stuff packs. And it kind of sucks. And S4 is pretty boring, and tedious, and linear no matter what I end up doing.

End of rant? Anyway, they need to start delivering on what they're charging is all I'm saying, or some other game company will.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    @GOLDENBUFFY if you're on the fence... with any game, paying $60 probably isn't the best choice (for yourself).

I played Fallout 3, skipped New Vegas and now have Fallout 4. For me, it has been a fun, entertaining, lack of sleep investment, pretty much already explained why up above, and so much more. If that type of game for everyone? Plum no lol!! I like rpg, shooter games are fun, <3 open world game such as Skyrim, customization/control of what I do & I feel I have that with Fallout.

In a weird sense, I am getting what I wanted to a degree, out of Fallout that I could not/have not taken from the Sims. I can create a town to my liking, customize my character, romance whomever I please and task away at the story.

I love that someone brought up Fallout 4 as I've been thinking about this in relation to Sims 4 since I bought it a few weeks ago.

Just to know where I'm coming from and what kind of gamer I am, I'm a Bethesda girl, and Skyrim is my favorite game of all time. I have, however, played every Sims since 1. You could perhaps say that I am, on a secondary level, a Sims girl.

In my opinion, Fallout 4 is not as great as Skyrim, but it is still great. Part of that could be my personal preferences, as the F4 world is darker and angrier and not as pure natural beauty as Skyrim. It's buggy, but all that means for me is waiting for patches and so on to fix it. Not a big deal because the base is excellent and full of things to do. In case you don't know, in this new iteration of Fallout, you can build and defend your own bases using trash you pick up everywhere, and you can custom build your weapons and armor using the same trash and raw materials. Also the world is open and pretty big, supposedly bigger than Skyrim, but I haven't gotten that far.

The reason I say all this is because Sims 4 is the only other big game purchase I've made for myself in the past 2 years. The building, crafting, exploring, and customization systems in the Sims 4 are practically linear compared to Fallout 4's open-world-ness. I found myself thinking while playing F4 that I can't believe it only costs $60. Sims 4 is fleecing the crap out of us and giving us scraps in return. Sorry, Sims 4. But it's true!

$60 is pretty much the only investment I'll have to put into Fallout 4 for hundreds of hours of interesting and extremely immersive gameplay, especially after mods and patches come through. It stuns me how well Bethesda builds worlds that you can totally get lost in. The craftmanship and storytelling is incredible. I've put waaaay more than $60 into Sims 4, what with game packs and GTW and stuff packs. And it kind of sucks. And S4 is pretty boring, and tedious, and linear no matter what I end up doing.

End of rant? Anyway, they need to start delivering on what they're charging is all I'm saying, or some other game company will.

I enjoy Skyrim as well, but since I'm a big ol' wuss, I haven't played since Jan. because I just hate those giant spiders and zombies. LOL Yes, I love The Walking Dead, but that's the only show that I can stand watching zombies. I have been watching like four Youtubers do Lets Plays of Fallout 4, and to be honest I am now starting to warm up to the idea of actually getting it, not just for my teen girls, but for me as well. My only draw back, those mutant humans, that look like zombies, I cant' remember their names - ghouls?

That's how I feel about GTA V. I paid $60, that's pretty much the only investment I will need to put into it, and I've having countless hours of enjoyment from it, so far I've played the story mode at least 7 times. And just running around, playing online, earning cash - I don't spend real money to my Shark cards - I had over 7 million dollars, but went on a spending spreed. LOL Along with free DLC updates, Rock* is providing me with endless amounts of entertainment. It may not seem like a lot for some, but I've played for 600+ hours so far, and I'm still not tired of the game.

I agree 100% with your last statement. I just can't understand how people can enjoy and reward a mediocre game.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!