Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    @Piazzagirl1015 - I'm looking forward to life calming down. Thankfully, this week should be relatively calm. We're not doing anything special for Thanksgiving and the hubs has a short work week, so we'll have plenty of time to relax. :)

Dimitri LOL! LOVED seeing him in the punishment suit. That outfit is so humiliating and I'm sure they'll HATE wearing it when they have to. The ladies are much harder. I suppose, like you said on the blog, maybe the orange jumpsuit is the way to go unless you can find something else. Even though it was temporary, Aurora was none too pleased when she had to wear it. LOL!

Read and commented on teh first part.

@NewToTheSims - I saw your comment on the blog post and will reply in a bit. It is an interesting challenge to play and I'm having fun with it. The couple I'm playing with is a couple I dearly love so it makes it even that much more fun.

Ugh! I don't blame you for not being happy. The snow sure came upon us very quickly. We had unseasonably warm weather only a couple days before and then that cold spell came at us like a brick wall. Then as the week progresses, it's supposed to get steadily warmer and even be in the 50's by the time Thursday rolls around. Crazy weather for sure.

As far as shoveling snow...just yuck! :( That's never a fun task. The hubs or the daughter does ours so I'm happy I don't have to do it. LOL! Snow and I just don't get along well at all.

@jazen - I saw your comment and replied. Also, I read and commented on your update.

@Everyone - Not sure how I'll progress today. I'm having one of those moments right now where I just don't know what I want to do. LOL! I need to work on Debbie's next update as well as Alina, but I'm not sure if I'm in the mood to write for them at the moment. I might just jump into a just for fun play or maybe sit down with a Sim story and just read. It's funny. Now that I have a bit of free time, I don't know what to do with myself. LOL!
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    @NewToTheSims - I forgot to mention this to you in my last post. This is in regard to Pepper, the Sim you sent me for Jonas' Bachelor Challenge. You gave me the go ahead to use her elsewhere and I have some awesome plans for her. :) My original ones won't work out due to some timeline aspects but I have a match for her in mind that I think she'll adore. I know you don't have Supernatural so you don't deal with all that. However, I do and the Sim I have in mind for her is a fairy. Fairies have a much longer lifespan than a regular Sim so the poor guy would outlive Pepper in her current state. Since she was of your creation, I wanted to ask if it was okay to make her a fairy. I don't mean right out of CAS. For story purposes, she'd drink a potion to change her. It would put them on the same level with the lifespan in that case. However, I wanted to get permission first before proceeding. if you'd rather her stay a regular Sim, no worries. I'll make it work in the story either way.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • ohhmystarrsohhmystarrs Posts: 52 Member
    OMG I love this!! I will definitely have to try this challenge. Constance is so great haha.
  • jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    @ohhmystarrs welcome. :) Glad you found our little thread. We're a friendly bunch and love new comers. :) Looking forward to seeing your story if you decide to take up this challenge.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

@jazen Thank you so much! I've technically been a member since 2011, but just now coming out of the woodwork haha. I am only 8 points away from being able to start posting my stories. I can't wait!! :)
  • NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    @ohhmystarrs Hey! Welcome to the thread! It's great to meet you. Heehee.
    @sweetnightingale Ahh well, I think if you have Pepper drink a potion to become a fairy, that would be fine with me, since it's not straight out of CAS. Thanks for asking. :smiley: Heehee, yeah, snow shoveling has always been my task for some reason. LOL. When I was younger and lived with my parents, I would shovel the driveway and earn money for doing it, that and mowing the lawn. My hubs works all day, so I really don't feel like it would be very nice of me to leave our long driveway un-shoveled so that he has to do it on top of him going to work all day. That's why I do it. It is kind of a workout too, so that keeps me in shape during the winter. OMG, your weather sonds like mine, it's just like it'll be warm and then all of a sudden you wake up and then there's snow, and then two days later, it's warm again.
    @jazen Oh man I can't even imagine how loud it would be at a concert... I've never actually been to one, I don't think concerts are really my thing, I'd rather listen to songs on the radio and in the comfort of my own home, not in the midst of sweaty loud people with so much loudness going on around me.

LateKnightSimmer
    @NewToTheSims Thank you! Great to meet you too :)
    @ohhmystarrs well you found the right thread to come out of hiding. :) Sounds like you started reading @Vuneca 's story already. It's very entertaining as as she goes on things gets really good. As you make your way through the list of stories you'll find out we all take a different approach to this challenge which keeps your reading options very interesting. :)

@NewToTheSims I'm really dreading tomorrow's show. Just listing to their song on their website for a few seconds made my head hurt. It's gonna be a long night. :( I haven't been to a concert in years, at least not one that I paid for. Now that's all I'll be attending with this job. LOL

all comments answered on the last 2 updates. :)

• MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    Goodness me, you guys have been busy since the last time I popped in!

@jazen I'm all caught up on your updates I think and just need to comment :) I'll do it anonymously again and sign with my name so that blogger can't make a fuss.

@Piazzagirl1015 I'm a bit intimidated by the Grand Explorer LTW. I think some of the maps you can only get by going abroad, and my game hates going abroad! I think World Adventures killing my saves in the beginning when it was still new has forever scarred me :P Good luck to you!! Definitely looking forward to seeing how you get on with it :)

Dimitri looks amazing in his punishment get-up, haha :P Serves him right!!! Blaine would have been a great addition but I had no TS3 version :/

@NewToTheSims Nope, there's no mention of a sim dying. Unless they're in your active household I suppose, it's kinda hard to miss it then. I don't want to use poses for TS4 since I want to play for the game it is first (which was also partly the point of In Another Life), so I'll just work around it :)

@ohhmystarrs Welcome!!! *hands plate of cookies* You've picked a great thread, we're always happy to welcome new people as you you've probably noticed by now ^^ As @jazen said all of us take different approaches to this challenge so every story holds something new :) Lovely to meet you! :)

@Everyone The edit on my book is progressing well and since I'm off work tomorrow and Friday I'm hoping to have some time to write on my challenges, to. No promises, though. Have you guys got a preference between Sophia and Joel? :)

~MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
    edited November 2015
    @MischiefTheKitten saw your comments and I've replied. Hopefully I've answered all your questions.

Glad to hear you are making great progress with your book. As for your updates, that's hard. I kinda want to see where things are going with Joel and Elli because I have a bad feeling it's not heading down a good path with the nature of this challenge. :( At the same time I'm eager to meet gen 3 in Another Life. I'm wondering if it'll be a boy this time or not. I can't decide. LOL

I have trouble with WA too which I hate. I didn't think you needed to use it for the grand explorer LTW, man that will be even worse if that's the case. I was dreading the explorer ones that are attached WA already. I typically crash after a day of travel so that will make trying to complete those a challenge.

So last night's concert was a new experience for me. The loud screaming singing. I had no idea what they were saying and how they weren't hoarse after the first song with the way that they sang. On top of that the mosh pit thing was insane. The circle running, pushing into each other on purpose, the crowd surfing. I'd never seen anything like it before. I go from screaming heavy metal type music from last night to rap music tonight. LOL

@jazen Let me know if you really want to know, I'll send you a PM :) Especially cause I might write on Whispers instead :P It's been a while and I'm dying to finish Rainy's generation.

I think WA is needed, anyway. When I was playing with Rose I found quite a few map fragments but a lot of them just didn't seem to be in Isla Paradiso. Maybe there's a custom created world which includes all pieces? I'd appreciate not needing to go abroad for it :/ Remind me later, I'll have a look.

Your career is not for me!! I love a great concert (although I should say I haven't been to one in a long time) but I'm not sure I could do it as often as this. How many do you do a week? Is it five nights?

~MischiefTheKitten

edited November 2015
    @MischiefTheKitten My daughter was playing in IP yesterday and her mermaid found map pieces. She put them together and it unlocked one of the islands and she didn't have to travel using WA for it. @Piazzagirl1015 will be able to tell us what all is involved and if WA since she'll be doing it with Bae.

My job I'm still getting used to it. It's supposed to only be a part-time thing since my main focus is still being available for my kiddies. I'm working a lot right now because my supervisor just plugged me and the other newbie that just started into the schedule. So this week I have worked 5 days, but it's not typical. After Sunday I only work a total of 3 more days and then won't work again until January. They give us ear plugs to use so that helps.

to EVERYONE
    thanksgiving-snoopy.jpg

@jazen You won't need to travel for all of the pieces but I think it's necessary for some of the islands. Rose found a couple by piecing maps together but you can't find all of the pieces for all of the islands if you stay in Isla Paradiso I don't think.

Sounds like you'll get a nice break if you'll be off until January :) Having ear plugs definitely sounds like it would help!

A happy Thanksgiving to you, too! :) We don't celebrate it here but I hope you have a wonderful day with loads of family time :)

~MischiefTheKitten

• Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @Jazen Keeping my fingers crossed that Dillyn has wins this one :)

I usually like Heavy Metal but that was way too much for even me. I do hope you had plenty of Tylenol in the house as I am sure you came home with a headache.

If there is any woman who can keep Don in line it will be Starr so he better watch himself.

A college prank is the only other good thing that costume is good for. I'm just glad I found a reason to put that costume to work. I should really embarass Dimitri and make him do the Smustle in that outfit. Oh I like that the hot dog costume would be perfect for the females.

Happy Birthday to the Munchkin and I do hope that he enjoyed his day.

@Newtothesims I know didn't Dimitri look lovely in those garters LOL! Oh I have to check the onesie out also to see which I think would be most embarassing for the women.

@sweetnightingale Glad that life is calming down for you a bit and you have more time to spend here.

I was thinking about the orange jumpsuits as I mentioned on the blog but not sure. I'll make a final decision soon.

@ohhmystarrs Welcome to Going Solo which happens to be the most friendliest community in the Sims forums. I look forward to hearing more about your take on the challenge.

@MischiefTheKitten I know what you mean about that ltw it is going to be a lot of work and I will be happy when it's finished. I was under the impression from all the guides that you could find all the map fragments in Isla Paridiso I guess I will find out as I am doing the ltw. I know this one is going to be a killer.

It's too bad about Blaine as I would have loved to torture him a bit and I'm sure he would have looked lovely in the punishment suit.

@Everyone Turns out I lucked out with the Black Friday schedule. I still have to work Thanksgiving which I will never be happy about but at least they are giving me a sufficent amount of rest this year. Last year my Thursday night shift ended at 2 AM and I had to be in at 7 AM on Fri. This year I have 5-10 PM on Thanksgiving and 9 AM to 7 PM on Black Friday.

Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!

KdSLs3.jpg

@Piazzagirl1015 Maybe I got it wrong then - I really hope I did cause I'm not looking forward to that LTW as it is! I do look forward to seeing how it plays out for you :)

I'm sorry you have to work on Thanksgiving and Black Friday :/ At least your schedule is a bit better this year but it's still unfair. Working on Black Friday must me brutal! I hope you can still enjoy yourself with your family despite all that stress :)

I'm kinda tempted now to try making a TS3 Blaine anyway :P I know he won't make it into your challenge now but you never know when he'd come in handy :P

~MischiefTheKitten

• Shafer249Shafer249 Posts: 302 Member
    edited November 2015
    @Everyone Happy thanksgiving!
    Post edited by Shafer249 on
  • french_vanilla13french_vanilla13 Posts: 586 Member
    @Everyone, Happy belated Thanksgiving. I'm not even going to lie, I had all of these plans to get caught up with stuff as I'm off work for five days and instead I ended up vegging for two of them. I'm just now getting some more writing done on my novel and I'm planning on going in game either later this evening or tomorrow to start getting pictures for my legacies again. I've also got to finish putting together the pictures with the chapters on the Bachelorette challenge I did.

@Piazzagirl1015 Thanks, I did manage to get it all back together, however the hectic thing? I don't think it's ever not been hectic I just got to the point where I had a good balance and it's now been very much disturbed so it's all gone to hades and back....again.

@vuneca glad to hear. Hey, presents are awesome right?

@jazen I hope he had a great birthday.

@ohhmystarrs Welcome to the group. It's nice to meet you.
    polariod_1

Hello @Everyone. I hope you all had a nice holiday (if you celebrate) and if you ventured out for sales, hope you were safe. :) I didn't do any of the Black Friday craziness, but I try not to ever. The hubs went out to Best Buy to get some movies they had on sale for $10. We use them for stocking stuffers for the kiddies. Other than that, I've been working all weekend. Friday's concert was crazy! It was packed and it was the first night I wondered why I bothered to get a job. LOL I survived, but didn't get home til almost 1am. Tonight I work and it's the last day until next Saturday. I'm happy for that. :)

@french_vanilla13 he had a great birthday, thanks. :) Next one up is my oldest son. His is on the 12th of Dec. We got him a new bike yesterday as his gift. The great thing, the store will hold it for us until we need to come get it since there's no real way to hide a bike from him at the house. LOL

@MischiefTheKitten I was thinking about those map fragments. I don't think WA would be a requirement. EA doesn't make the EPs so that they interconnect in that way. Having requirements built into the IP tasks that need to come from a different EP would be bad if someone didn't buy WA. The more I thought about it, the more it seems like everything you need to unlock those islands in IP should be found within that EP and that EP only instead of needing outside resources. :)

So my goal this week is to write out more of Matt's chapters. I need to wrap up things so I can end his generation and be ready for Cam when I get back from AZ in Jan. :)

• jeapos88jeapos88 Posts: 28 New Member
    My game surprised yesterday, not only did my sim end up pregnant, totally by accident, she also had twins. This was not the direction I was going for her story, now I have to rework her story, and decide which twin I will be using for the next gen. Grrrrrrr
  • french_vanilla13french_vanilla13 Posts: 586 Member
    @jazen, that sounds insane.
    I wouldn't brave the black friday sales to save my life. Although we do the same thing, it's sort of a tradition my mom started she gets a bunch of DVDs and we each get one in our stockings and my dad gets the rest. I did participate in the Cyber Monday thing and got a few good sales. Finished up my holiday shopping at least.
    You're oldest son's birthday is a day before my little sister's sweet 16th. My other brother turns 17 on Christmas.
    That's awesome the store will hold it for you guys til it's time. I hope he has a great birthday. That's when we're having my little sister and brother's birthday party actually.
    polariod_1

@jeapos88 Gotta love the curve balls SP will through you. As for the twins, you can do an heir vote possibly when you're ready. In my case I decided that I would just take the first born as the heir since they are aiming for only one baby per gen. :)

@french_vanilla13 yeah the concerts have been interesting to say the least. I'm happy to have a few days off now. :)

I hate dealing with black Friday sales. I went out once because The Girl wanted to get a tablet and was using her own money. She was only 15 or 16 at the time so she couldn't go by herself. It was a madhouse and I hated every minute of it!!!! I didn't even do C. Monday. The hubs went online and got some CDs mostly for himself and 1 for me and he got me a fitness tracker that was on sale. Since we're going to AZ for Christmas I've not bought a whole lot. The only person I'm done shopping for really is The Girl. LOL I need to figure out what to get for my boys. All 3 are making it hard on me this year. :(

We were happy the store would hold it for us as well. We could have tried to sneak it in and stored it in our basement, but this is much easier. OH wow, you guys have 2 birthdays right at Christmas time. I thought I had it bad with Munchkin last month, The Boy this month, then Christmas, followed by the hubs next month. I hope your sister and brother have great birthdays.

@Everyone I have been working on getting Matt's chapters written, but it's slow going. I've done 1.5 hoping to finish up that second one today, but of course the week I want to write I have a ton of stuff to do that means I have to be out and about. :( I may not hit my goal of finishing his gen before I go on vacation, but I'm going to try my best.

• jeapos88jeapos88 Posts: 28 New Member
    @jazen I might do a vote when the time comes, since the twins are opposite sex, so their stories would be very different.
  • NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    Happy Late Thanksgiving everyone! I haven't been in the thread for a few days. I've been having a lack of motivation cause the sun disappeared on me again, and the sunset at 4:40pm most days is rather depressing. I did have a good Thanksgiving however, and I hope everyone else did too. Oh, and there was an ice storm Thanksgiving night when it was time to go back to my house so that was fun. Not. LOL. On the plus side, I had driven my car to the Thanksgiving dinner, and it does well in bad weather, so yay. XD Umm... other than that, I've just been doing some Tumblr prompts, watching Netflix, and working out. I finally did figure out how I want the rest of the BC to go though, so I'll probably post that sometime in the next few days. I just have to get my motivation back. It's kind of halfway back today so that's helpful.

@MischiefTheKitten Ahh, yeah, if they're in your household and you're paying attention at least. Meh, I don't often play with aging on anyway, but that does sound super sad for those who do.
    @Piazzagirl1015 LOL yes, Dimitri has found his perfect outfit with those garters. Haha. Did you get anything figured out for the women? I answered most of the comments you left on Echoes the other day, but still have yet to get to your two newest ones.
    @jazen I did go out on Black Friday, but not really to get any of the ridiculous early morning deals. Hubs was home since he had the day off from work and he was like I'm bored, so I was like fine then we'll go get some shopping done, LOL. I found a leather jacket at Kohl's for $16. Then I went to a bunch of other stores and just bought normal boring stuff like soap and toilet paper. Hahaha. XD I think last Black Friday, hubs and I went grocery shopping, cause I remember us being at Super Walmart then. LOL. I also did Cyber Monday stuff cause I wanted to get my bff a shirt, but didn't find what I wanted at Kohl's so online it was. Then because it was Cyber Monday I also got a deal for myself. Heehee.

LateKnightSimmer
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @MischiefTheKitten I'm not looking forward to that ltw either as it seems like a whole bunch of work. Just the fact that he will have to work as a lifeguard and save 35 sims to unlock one Island is work not to mention the 5 star resort. I'll be happy when this one is behind me.

It sucked that I had to work Thanksgiving and Black Friday would have been worse if we were not fully rested.

True you never know if you ever have a need for a Sims 3 Blaine as we do not know what the future does hold.

@french_vanilla13 It's hard to have a good balance when your life is that hectic but eventually you will fall into a routine that you can live with.

@Jazen I don't blame you for not doing the Black Friday madness. If I wasn't working in a store I wouldn't have been in one either. At least your husband did find a bargain on the movies at Best Buy as $10 was not a bad price.

I was doing the same thing on Friday, I was wondering why I wanted to go back to work.

@jeapos88 Sorry to hear that you were surprised with twins. Sometimes these sims do surprise us and we have to change things around a bit.

@Newtothesims Nope haven't decided on anything yet for the women but I am sure I will decide on something soon enough. For Vita, Valerie and Gretchen it might be punishment enough to have them wear polyester.

This week has been horrible for me so I'm behind on reading and comments but I plan to catch up this weekend.

@Everyone This Black Friday it was a good thing we were rested as the system went down for not only our store but quite a few stores. We had to look up each and every individual price which meant running around to the floor to read signs and than enter everything manually. Needless to say I was dead tired after that day. I'm finally getting a break this weekend as I'm completely off for the next two days which I plan to start work on the next Race chapter. I've already played ahead a bit but its a transition chapter which is never easy to write so I'm hoping to get that started.
    @jeapos88 maybe the more you play them, one will stand out more than the other for you. :)

@NewToTheSims aww, I know how you feel with the early sunset. Boo on the ice storm, hope everyone made it home safely. Glad the new car held up under the crappy weather. :) Lack of motivation is a killer. I think we've all been there at some point.

Score on the deals you got! The Girl wanted a leather jacket for Christmas, but I bought it already. She's the only one of my kiddies who I'm actually done shopping for LOL. I didn't do the C Monday thing, but again hubs did. I've been wanting one of those fitness tracker watches and there was a Samsung one on sale at Best Buy so he got it. Problem he had it set for store pick up only to get an email 2 days later saying it was out of stock. Called customer service and we are supposed to get it from another store and again we're still waiting. :(

oh man @Piazzagirl1015 having the system go down on top of the other madness!!! Man that sounds like a hellish day. :( Last year the hubs scored deals on bigger things, but this year it was all movies. New release ones at that, so the boys will get the new Terminator, Inside Out, and one other I can't recall right now.

Good luck on your chapter. Transition chapters are tough since you have to look for things to write about. I'm sure something will come to you. :) YAY for having the weekend off. I'm sure you are in need of the down time. :)

Happy Friday everyone!!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top