Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use a desktop or a laptop for the Sims?

Comments

• iamcherylfailsiamcherylfails Posts: 214 Member
    Desktop mostly, although I also have Sims 4 and 2 on my laptop.
  • SivanLovesTouSivanLovesTou Posts: 20 New Member
    edited November 2015
    toshiba satellite C75D-B7202 laptop and awwww what a cute avi ^^^^
  • gretamode1gretamode1 Posts: 50 Member
    My old faithful laptop
  • MartinvMartinv Posts: 254 Member
    edited November 2015
    For The Sims 2, 3 and 4 a desktop.
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    I use a HP Compaq 6910p Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz 2GB Ram laptop. It plays The Sims and allows me to game create so that's all I really need it for :) I got it for my birthday this year and it hasn't let me down once. Great machine.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Desktop.
    Sims 3 would fry my laptop due to it's optimization, even then my PC has difficulty with it sometimes... Ironic considering I can handle 4K Skyrim
    L9q8VGi.png
  • TheDinorhinoTheDinorhino Posts: 618 Member
    Laptop. It's slow as heck but I'm not complaining.
    Hello, good evening and welcome! My name is TheDinorhino but you can call me Dino for short. I love playing The Sims, especially designing and building within the game. Check out my YouTube channel if you want:https://youtube.com/channel/UCh16nY5NDnDUqzwTl0LC9Fg
    Origin ID: TheDinorhino
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited November 2015
    Laptop. I just graduated from college a while ago, and I always had my laptop with me in campus. We got a new desktop just last year, but I mostly use that for heavy stuff like Dragon Age or GTA. With my laptop I get to play in my room.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • S_EmpressS_Empress Posts: 169 Member
    Desktop. Specifically a HP Pavilion p7-1235. I use Windows 7.

I tried to use my laptop to run The Sims 3 and it did great at first, then crashed over and over again.
    d638a1c7eb80c6dc5cd92a6d922fe948.gif
    Call me Slavic for short. (^-^*)/
    Slavic_Empiress on TS3 site, I always welcome more friends.
    I sim with integrated graphics. d(-_^)
  • Aurora1004Aurora1004 Posts: 78 Member
    Desktop
  • Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    I use a desktop for all my sims games. My laptop is a Windows XP, purchased from Best Buy in late 2005. There's no way it would run Sims. I haven't used it in a few years, I doubt it would even turn on at this point lol.
  • StarLit8269StarLit8269 Posts: 84 Member
    Desktop only for games, laptops and I don't get along very well I tend to drop them.
  • lilyamelialilyamelia Posts: 47 Member
    I use my macbook. I used to have a desktop though.
    what we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • KPSimmerKPSimmer Posts: 188 Member
    Desktop...I also don't like laptops.
  • MiyamaniacMiyamaniac Posts: 67 Member
    Desktops are great for high quality Sims. I play TS3 at my parents' house on their desktop. I have a laptop that isn't that fast or high end at all, but it runs The Sims pretty smoothly, and I need it for college :)
  • TheDinorhinoTheDinorhino Posts: 618 Member
    Laptop
    Hello, good evening and welcome! My name is TheDinorhino but you can call me Dino for short. I love playing The Sims, especially designing and building within the game. Check out my YouTube channel if you want:https://youtube.com/channel/UCh16nY5NDnDUqzwTl0LC9Fg
    Origin ID: TheDinorhino
  • RaishaRaisha Posts: 129 Member
    I have a MacBook, and I don't even own a desktop computer anymore since I started using this. I used dualboot into Windows to play The Sims 3 on it when I switched from desktop, and that ran pretty slow. But so far, The Sims 4 is running great on it. I think the latest version of the game finally took into account the needs of laptop players so I enjoy it better now.
    disneysig3.jpg
    The Disney Legacy: 2/5 chapter: 3.4 Fill the World with Sunshine
  • AkatalaAkatala Posts: 57 Member
    Custom built desktop
  • MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    Desktop. I have really bad eyesight, and laptop screens are too small and weird for me.
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • Cass501Cass501 Posts: 69 Member
    Both, but I mostly play on my laptop.
    Origin ID: cellabrators
    My Sims 3 Page

• shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    Dekstop
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I have it installed in both but I rather use the desktop. Bigger screen, full keyboard, higher specs, it's like 100 times better.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • raeney1235678raeney1235678 Posts: 13 New Member
    I prefer desktop. I can't stand playing sims on my laptop. I don't even want to talk about the lag!
  • HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    Laptop,
    I've never owned a desktop.
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • raeney1235678raeney1235678 Posts: 13 New Member
    @Hansku Does your game lag or crash? Mine does, I just want to know if my laptop sucks.