Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Imagine if The Sims 4 had graphics like this...

So I was having a Tomb Raider moment earlier and for those who do not know, it is out on Xbox next week but as I am strictly a PC player, I have to wait until 2016 to play.

Anyway, I was messing around on Youtube and then saw some previews and trailers and what can I say? For the first time in over 10 years I am actually impressed with Tomb Raider, so rich and so exciting and in fact, I almost 'fangirled' which is something I never do ;)

Anyway, I was just wondering, wouldn't it be awesome if I could get that out of The Sims again. Now I don't think it would be fair to say that the TS4 graphics do not look good as that I my own opinion and I know that some players do like the look.

But imagine what it would be like if TS4 looks like this:

rise-of-the-tomb-raider-gamescom-0804-05-1280x720.jpg

Now that is what I call the wow factor! :smiley:

10563018_10153000381826158_2610457512035304064_n.jpg

I mean seriously, that is what I am talking about!

Now like The Sims, I am also very critical of Tomb Raider, in fact it was partially due to the disappointment that I had with TR 2013 which is what made me sceptical of new games anyway, needless to say that TR has also had its fair share of negativity from me but for the first time in donkies years, I am actually excited about a Tomb Raider again so why not The Sims?

Will I ever get that hype about The Sims again?

Just imagine how great The Sims would be if you could play in locations like this? Build a world looking like this (only more urban looking of course)

10390349_10153000381816158_6671990871449744779_n.jpg

The Sims, imagine...
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• SimsCrazyUkSimsCrazyUk Posts: 90 Member
    I wouldn't like it if it was that graphical.
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Yeah that would send my laptop up in flames. To be honest when I picture the Sims I don't picture a realistic representation of life more of a separate world with it own style and feel. Sims always had it's own look to it and I hope it stays stylized for as long as ea keeps dumping these games on us.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Way too realistic for my liking. Way too much for my pc too.
  • gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    While I love games with realistic graphics, when it comes to the Sims a mix of cartoon and realism works best.
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    edited November 2015

tgwwBSf.jpg

hbuXPWY.jpg

first 2 pictures are one i posted in ts3 forum ' i-still-love-scenery' i was like those pictures look familiar o:)
    i love ts3 and ts4 at the same time and i like both graphic

edit) ts'4 s graphic i love
    eVSUAoB.png
    RkMxLhL.png\
    qKEn9Be.png
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Sims 3 and 4 have both amazing views, it's all personal preference. One is more realistic and the other more cartoonish, nothing wrong with that, it's nice to have different games with different aesthetics :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I would love it! But I'd be happy if it were merely as good as The Sims 2 was! What we have is terrible, which is another reason I'm not playing it.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    s1mszzang wrote: »

tgwwBSf.jpg

hbuXPWY.jpg

first 2 pictures are one i posted in ts3 forum ' i-still-love-scenery' i was like those pictures look familiar o:)

I love the scenery in 3 as well. Wouldn't it have been wonderful had Maxis put the effort into this game they did the others? What a shame it is now, at least to me.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Thanks to everyone who provided feedback :smile:

I personally think that TS3 had the best graphics for a Sims game but can't wait to get a feel of Tomb Raider
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I like the Sims 4 World (I don't really like that it's closed but oh well)

I had a dream once, the Sims 4, and Minecraft were combined.
    it was So beautiful.
    the World looked like the Sims, but it was open and infinite biomes, and it brought Survival and all the other different play styles. the controls were like Minecraft.

I really hope the Sims team would give another go at a Spin off game, Non scripted.
    it would be perfect. they way I envision it.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Those sceneries are beautiful!

However, I wouldn't like it for TS4. :( Other threads have been posted about this same topic, and I still feel the same way. I can't get behind this kind of realism for a Sims game. I actually own Tomb Raider (which is STUNNING) but I only lasted 45 minutes before I felt sick and turned it off. The game was incredibly well done, but those death scenes were just too realistic for me. If I watched a sim die with those kind of realistic graphics I wouldn't feel mischievous... I'd feel despicable.

Maxis would also have to give up the goofy humor of the game (which is another aspect of the game I enjoy), because the dramatic responses sims have would not fit in with a world that realistic. If Maxis does a Sims 5 and that's the style they choose, I'll have 4 previous installments to fall back on so it isn't that big of a deal, but it will definitely not be for me.

A Sims game combined with Minecraft elements would definitely rock my socks, though!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    So I was having a Tomb Raider moment earlier and for those who do not know, it is out on Xbox next week but as I am strictly a PC player, I have to wait until 2016 to play.

Anyway, I was messing around on Youtube and then saw some previews and trailers and what can I say? For the first time in over 10 years I am actually impressed with Tomb Raider, so rich and so exciting and in fact, I almost 'fangirled' which is something I never do ;)

Anyway, I was just wondering, wouldn't it be awesome if I could get that out of The Sims again. Now I don't think it would be fair to say that the TS4 graphics do not look good as that I my own opinion and I know that some players do like the look.

But imagine what it would be like if TS4 looks like this:

rise-of-the-tomb-raider-gamescom-0804-05-1280x720.jpg

Now that is what I call the wow factor! :smiley:

10563018_10153000381826158_2610457512035304064_n.jpg

I mean seriously, that is what I am talking about!

Now like The Sims, I am also very critical of Tomb Raider, in fact it was partially due to the disappointment that I had with TR 2013 which is what made me sceptical of new games anyway, needless to say that TR has also had its fair share of negativity from me but for the first time in donkies years, I am actually excited about a Tomb Raider again so why not The Sims?

Will I ever get that hype about The Sims again?

Just imagine how great The Sims would be if you could play in locations like this? Build a world looking like this (only more urban looking of course)

10390349_10153000381816158_6671990871449744779_n.jpg

The Sims, imagine...
    Ewwww... it would just be too CREEPY for everything in my life simulation to look like life! I wouldn't like it if it was real, blah blah blah... actually I really like those graphics- they look awesome, so does Star Wars, so do Fallout 4. When you are going to kill things it needs to look real. When you are having people go to parties, date, get married and raise a family better if it look like a cartoon, or else it would just be weird (cough-sarcasm- cough). I like the Sims 4 and CAS works well for making sims but I'm real with myself and others about it's limitations and draw backs and in the end it's still pretty cartoonish, like a caricature or a satire of life instead of a simulation of life.
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    I hope we never get graphics like those. I don't want super realistic textures in The Sims. I'd rather have the cartoon with a hint of realism feel we have now.
  • s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    edited November 2015

tgwwBSf.jpg

hbuXPWY.jpg

i like playing with light and i took lots of pictures with ts3 and ts4 but..i found out
    ts3 graphic looks good when i tried to take good pictures like keep moving camera here and there and wait all day long (in sims time) for that 'right' time to get get 'great' picture (guess you will get what i mean) but most of time i dont think it is that good when i just randomly play with sims. below are just same picture i get with ultra high setting like those 2 pictures i posted
    BqqOeYT.jpg
    FLQJIpO.jpg
    GfICUOn.jpg
    XN3BRqe.png
    w7uzWaw.jpg
    LY65hlo.jpg

but see. pictures are different. i have tried all light mod for ts3 because in usual play i didnt like graphic but with mod still feel looking kind of flat. Hard to explain but someting is wrong with linkage with every objects i feel like sims, objects, grass, road ... each object's graphics arent linked well. In that sense when i just play randomly i feel ts'4 graphic is much more advanced.
    ts3 and ts4 both has cons and pros
    Post edited by s1mszzang on
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Maybe its weird, but i think the graphics of Sims 4 fit to a Sims game way better: Fhh6Jbn.png8xqKW7k.pngihI9kDU.png I just love the graphics <3

This!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    No thanks. I prefer Sims 4 and Sims 3 graphics. I think the graphics suit each version perfectly.
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    We already had the best graphics in the series with the sims 3.

We will never see Maxis attempt this again. Not with the low texture cartoon graphics for the sims 4.

Agreed
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I don't want Tomb Raider style graphics. The goofy side of the Sims would be all wrong with that level of realism, and the game wouldn't be light relief for me anymore.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I don't want those graphics in The Sims (any version). The game wouldn't be unique anymore. The cartoonish graphics are what make it what it is.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee