Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Also, regarding the rule about past Time Lords that are forbidden to Move In with your current Time Lord, I added that in case people wanted to do a Time Lord mash-up. It's like when the Tenth and Eleventh Doctor worked together as well as Second and Third.

Maybe by the end of the challenge, you can have all of your past Time Lords in your neighborhood and then throw a party.

RFscQwn.jpg?1
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • nettlejuicenettlejuice Posts: 144 Member
    I wanted to ask, can my Time Lord paint, garden or fish to help bring in simoleons? My first aspiration is nerd Brain and logic and handiness are taking up most of my time when she's not at work.
    I wanted to ask, can my Time Lord paint, garden or fish to help bring in simoleons? My first aspiration is nerd Brain and logic and handiness are taking up most of my time when she's not at work.

Yes you can paint, garden, fish, dig, etc. to give your Time Lord income. They can also have a job if you want, and also, you can quit if you're tired of the job.
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    So...I realized why I thought the Master Chef one wouldn't be as hard. My other game, the Sim started as a teen, but maxed it by the adult pahse BC the aspiration is glitched. :/
    I totally wasn't thinking about it BC I thought this one you didn't need a job to get it, but that's BC it glitches on the "reach level 8" of the cooking career.
    So I'd recommend anyone else be aware of this if they want to use this aspiration. It can help your game I guess, but if you don't want a glitchy aspiration then I'd skip it.

I guess I should have thought more about the aspirations. Lol! (I mean like taking more time to chose my first one. Hahaha). Oh well
    nastyjman wrote: »

Yes you can paint, garden, fish, dig, etc. to give your Time Lord income. They can also have a job if you want, and also, you can quit if you're tired of the job.

Ok, thanks. Hopefully my Time Lord can build walls and a proper TAHDIS soon :)

You will! When the basement comes out, I'm going to remodel mine. Once that's out, I'm changing the rules regarding the lot and restrict it to the basement level, just to give you the feeling of what a proper TARDIS is. But for now, we'll make do with our TAHDIS. Hehe.

You will! When the basement comes out, I'm going to remodel mine. Once that's out, I'm changing the rules regarding the lot and restrict it to the basement level, just to give you the feeling of what a proper TARDIS is. But for now, we'll make do with our TAHDIS. Hehe.

I can't wait for basements! I hope we get spiral stairs. Would be so much easier to make a little Tardis...
    I'm sad I couldn't find roof decor that looked Tardis-y enough. The one I thought would work wouldn't sit on top of the roof peak :/

I can't wait for basements! I hope we get spiral stairs. Would be so much easier to make a little Tardis...
    I'm sad I couldn't find roof decor that looked Tardis-y enough. The one I thought would work wouldn't sit on top of the roof peak :/

I tried creating a TARDIS, but reversed. So I had a 4 x 4 square on the ground that lead up to the second floor, and the second floor was wide and, of course, larger than the first floor. In theory, it kinda worked with screenshots, but it looked ridiculous in the neighborhood map--imagine a house with the ground floor looking like a toothpick holding up an elephant.

The expansion (or the patch, at least) can't come enough sooner.
    edited March 2015
    Hehe, my Sixth Optimist is a bit insane. What was once a beautiful home is now a partially functioning TARDIS. I used the bb.moveobjects cheat to create this.

Txf5zS6.jpg

But then... I went overboard.

5Ko2TlC.jpg?1

You can search this one up in The Gallery with the hashtag #timelordchallenge
    Post edited by nastyjman on
    Oh, wow, I love your TARDIS!

I tried creating a TARDIS, but reversed. So I had a 4 x 4 square on the ground that lead up to the second floor, and the second floor was wide and, of course, larger than the first floor. In theory, it kinda worked with screenshots, but it looked ridiculous in the neighborhood map--imagine a house with the ground floor looking like a toothpick holding up an elephant.

The expansion (or the patch, at least) can't come enough sooner.

HAHAHHAAA OMG toothpick holding an elephant. That's a great image!
    OMG you made your Tardis really cool! I'm gong to have to do mine better when basements come out - then I can keep the interior of the house part the same but make the Tardis part on ground level different.
    My poor First Librarian has like so little funds to make improvements and he's over half done with his life! Ahhh

But we got him a companion finally! Whoo... so many boring bits before that LOL. Minus all the times I accidentally trapped him. This one really took awhile to go anywhere hahahaa.

I'll have to check out your second part! Cool.
    (If I didn't video I'd never post my story b/c I am terrible at taking pics and crafting a story around them LOL)
    Finishing the Bestselling Author aspiration took a while, but if you do finish it, you'll get a lot of money from the royalties. It was the first aspiration for my Time Lord. However, the royalties dried up by the fifth Time Lord. Having painting at max really helped expand my TARDIS and also pay the bills.

I think what I'm excited about is how everyone's lots will expand at the late game of the challenge. I'm reluctant to expand mine since the patch is coming soon. I've saved about 25k simoleons, and when the patch comes, I'm going all out. Everything will be underground. Up in the surface, I'll keep my spaceship there and make it look like a public park.
    Yeah I love using the painting skill. It's what kept my runaway teen legacy eating LOL. It got to the point my sim was so good and the family had so much money I just kept the next generation of teens running away b/c the game became too easy a boring.
    At least in this one the time lord changes so it's something new, new aspirations and etc.

My new companion is artistic so she's gonna be at home painting up a storm! LOL.

Yeah landscaping will be cool around the secret Tardis. I am so terrible with that so hopefully I can make the lot interesting at some point hahahaa
    Yeah I love using the painting skill. It's what kept my runaway teen legacy eating LOL. It got to the point my sim was so good and the family had so much money I just kept the next generation of teens running away b/c the game became too easy a boring.
    At least in this one the time lord changes so it's something new, new aspirations and etc.

My new companion is artistic so she's gonna be at home painting up a storm! LOL.

Yeah landscaping will be cool around the secret Tardis. I am so terrible with that so hopefully I can make the lot interesting at some point hahahaa

I've been giving my Time Lords good traits. Eventually, one of them will have the Evil trait. :open_mouth: Hey, there was the War Doctor.
    Hahahaa, that one is going to be the time lord from hell!!
    edited March 2015
    I've made some tweaks on the rules, hoping it would make it better.

- I added a condition where you are forbidden to cancel any whims your Time Lord has. The scoring for whims is also changed, reducing the requirements by half.
    - I clarified the regeneration requirement. You can now regenerate when your Time Lord has three to zero days left as an Adult.

Anyone testing or playing this challenge, let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas.
    I'm a little confused about the collection, if it's 4 points total does that mean we have to gather all aliens, space rocks and prints and then a random collection? Or 4 more collections on top of aliens, space rocks and prints?
    I'm a little confused about the collection, if it's 4 points total does that mean we have to gather all aliens, space rocks and prints and then a random collection? Or 4 more collections on top of aliens, space rocks and prints?

Sorry, I need to clarify that.

As it stands, you can collect any type of collections. You are not restricted to aliens, space rocks and prints anymore. Right now, the limit is four so you can complete only four collections of your own choosing.

As it stands, you can collect any type of collections. You are not restricted to aliens, space rocks and prints anymore. Right now, the limit is four so you can complete only four collections of your own choosing.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, I'll have to have a good think about what collections to get - collecting isn't my forte but I'll give it a go :)

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, I'll have to have a good think about what collections to get - collecting isn't my forte but I'll give it a go :)

Yeah. I don't usually collect, but I added collection as something to get your Time Lord out and about instead of staying indoors.
    edited March 2015
    Gahhhh... I've become obsessed with my control room. More tweaks on it. Same hashtag as before (#timelordchallenge)

With this, I used the cheats bb.moveobjects and bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement

I will update the rules allowing these cheats to be used.

aW8BLZO.jpg?1
    That looks awesome!
    edited March 2015
    Oh, I didn't think to use the unlock cheat, I haven't even begun to design my TARDIS yet. Been occupied by romancing my companion :D Can companions be married or they can only have romantic interest/boy/girlfriend status?

@Spacey72659 I just starting watching your LP, loving it so far ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top