Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolves: What Features Would You Like To See?

What are you hoping for if the GP is indeed a werewolf pack?

A little reminder of what they are like in TS3.

https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/supernatural/werewolves.php#:~:text=Werewolves are a new type,fun variety to the neighborhood.

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I asked this on Twitter and I’m not being a plumbob. I have watched a few werewolf movies, and I just wonder what the gameplay would be? The seem more of an aesthetic/storytelling occult to me like mermaids, than a gameplay skill building occult like vampires and spell casters are. So would they come in a kit?

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I hope it includes the children. So tired of occults leaving them out.

I would love it if there was an option for a full on wolf form for those who have Cats and Dogs.

I hope werewolves will be unique and have their own special powers. More tie-ins with vampires and spellcasters would be nice too.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    edited May 2022
    Body hair
    S-h-a-g carpets (this was censored)
    Lunar cycle
    New woohoo spot
    New harvestables and crops
    Skill tree maybe amulets worn around the neck that change the Wolfie power
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    edited May 2022
    - options to customise their look in CAS
    - perks or a skill to unlock powers, including the power to change at will at a higher level
    - better at finding collectibles
    - werewolf form for children as well
    - the ability to fight with vampires and spellcasters, a sort of duel between different supernaturals
    - special ability or connection with dogs from the cats and dogs EP
    - moon cycle in the calendar
    - fully transfer into wolf form, not just a form in between human and wolf
    - werewolves leyline lot trait to allow random werewolves to be born, similar to the vampire leyline lot trait (I wish we had this for spellcasters as well)

even better would be a hybrid state between spellcasters and werewolves but that's not gonna happen.
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    Body hair, custom form like vampires, and a talent/perk progression.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    -Body hair

-a cool looking customizable wolf form.

-werwolf forms for kids + toddlers. Or at least some kind of in between like maybe certain behaviors/powers that are associated with it.

-Powers skill tree like vampires & spellcasters. Im not too picky on what just make them unique and fun and not as boring/dry as spellcasters' were.

-I don't mind some dog jokes and the occasional silly humor like that but don't make them TOO silly. Make them scary/serious/as much as a threat as one can in a pg13 series.

-Personally Im not a fan of the "alpha" tropes in werewolf media (as it's not really accurate to actual wolf behaviors apparently and just ends up being toxic dude bro attitudes) but I can live with it I guess.

These sound good to me. Additionally I'd like NOT to see any automatic occult rivalries included. Without some form of specific gameplay to make such rivalries happen they would make no sense, which means no fun and an automatic no-buy for me.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    -Body hair

-a cool looking customizable wolf form.

-werwolf forms for kids + toddlers. Or at least some kind of in between like maybe certain behaviors/powers that are associated with it.

-Powers skill tree like vampires & spellcasters. Im not too picky on what just make them unique and fun and not as boring/dry as spellcasters' were.

-I don't mind some dog jokes and the occasional silly humor like that but don't make them TOO silly. Make them scary/serious/as much as a threat as one can in a pg13 series.

-Personally Im not a fan of the "alpha" tropes in werewolf media (as it's not really accurate to actual wolf behaviors apparently and just ends up being toxic dude bro attitudes) but I can live with it I guess.

These sound good to me. Additionally I'd like NOT to see any automatic occult rivalries included. Without some form of specific gameplay to make such rivalries happen they would make no sense, which means no fun and an automatic no-buy for me.

I agree, rivalries should not be automatic. Werewolves should be able to become friends with other occults if they want to.
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member

OMG YES!

But they could say that we got it in potions in RoM. xD
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    A completely random thought I had… if werewolves have a skill tree similar to vampires like with weaknesses. I want one of the weaknesses to be “can only go pee outside/not able to use toilets” I don’t why but that would just be funny to me.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    I’m glad werewolves are probably getting their own gamepack like vampires and spellcasters, not getting the mermaid alien treatment.
    I would really like for some new eye colors to come with them. actual claws would be nice too (some that actually fit on the male and female frame, please)
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I don't know what gameplay can come with werewolves besides sims transforming at night/full moon ?
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I'm hoping for normal body hair!!
    Otherwise werewolves are an odd choice for this harmless and childish game. They were the least interesting occult in TS3 Supernatural. But who knows ...
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    If we actually get them....

- A Great Wolf form.
    - Loss of control at lower levels.
    - A specific Werewolf-safe door to a room where you can lock him/her in during those nights.
    - Howl at the moon, scare nearby Sims.
    - Chase unwelcome visitors away.
    - Ragged, torn up clothes that can be used by your Sims (not townies, at least not randomly).
    - Oh yeah, they can include body hair if they like.
    - A Werewolf can interact with dogs, and train them in whatever behavior they see fit.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    "A perk tree like Vampires/Spellcasters"
    Given Vampires has a push-button system with weaknesses, and spellcasters have a hybrid tree-button system with no weaknesses, those wanting that should be more specific.

As for gameplay, I'm waiting to see what they could possibly come up with in a game wherein a werewolf's common attributes are outside of the realm of possibility for a "less-than-physical" game.

Vampires' gameplay revolved around survival, domination, and sating one's desires.

Spellcasters were trust fund kids in a poor excuse for a school, so really it was acquisition of birthright.

Servos became the ultimate servants and companions.

If played straight, aliens had the struggle between two Sixam ideologies vying for successful dissemination of their genes: pollinators, who do it through force, and other Sixamites who do it through undercover methods.

Even ghosts had the plot of trying to regain some sense of existence in a world that lost them...as they watch that same world be lost to them over time.

I'm curious, but the bar is so low as require digging to get under.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I hope there will be a carnivorous trait and that the werewolves shed a lot of hair. I also hope there will be more stuff to explore about the moon cycles and the sky, like get a backyard telescope and study the sky as a hobby. I would also like a disco ball light.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Since you can't have werewolves without the moon, I'm almost certain that there will be some kind of moon-related gameplay. Not so certain, but still hopeful that the moon will affect things other than werewolves as well. I imagine a new trait that gives sims, regardless of occult status, a deep connection with the moon (let's call it Luna-tic), with all the benefits and disadvantages that come with that, such as faster skill gain during certain moon phases, sleepless nights during others, etc.

I also see some potential for cross-pack compatibility, for example with Cats & Dogs. It's one thing if pets don't really care that there's a new cow or a chicken in the yard, but there absolutely has to be some meaningful interaction between dogs and werewolves. Maybe one possibility to find out if someone else is a werewolf could be to ask a dog to sniff them out or something. (In hindsight, it would have been cool if cats could do the same thing with merfolk, given that they eat fish, but... Wait. I might want to actually try that before I claim that it isn't in the game.)

And last but not least, it would be nice if children weren't completely ignored again, but given the more brutal nature of werewolves compared to other occults such as spellcasters or merfolk (which excluded children, too), I won't get my hopes up. That's not to say I want werewolves to be all cute and cuddly; an option to make them that way would be appreciated, just like we can make perfectly harmless vegetarian vampires, but please, let us have some dark and dangerous stuff, too, at least this once!
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Werewolves don’t really interest me, however one thing I would really like is to have Sims around them react appropriately. There will be nothing worse than a Sim turning into a werewolf and the Sims around them standing idle. Wishful thinking?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I want Werewolves to be about Family. Found Family, born family, and somewhere in-between.

Features wise, I'm looking for body hair (even if I'll almost never use it on non-werewolves), nicely customizable werewolf forms... maybe a bonus full wolf form if you own Cats and Dogs (I could see it being part of the game pack, but it's not a small system to add in on a game pack budget.)

I've never been big about werewolves getting a perk tree, since there aren't a lot of variances on Werewolf powers. A few here and there, but the primary variance is on how you become a werewolf, and to a lesser extent how much self-control you have while in Werewolf form. So if they do a perk tree, I'll be curious where they go with it.

Oh, and kids and toddlers really need to have something they can do. Even if it's just summon their parent's pack when they get in trouble.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Regarding gameplay I feel like werewolves are a difficult occult for a game like The Sims. Obviously they should be able to transform. But what gameplay changes could playing as a werewolf add.
    - heightened agility, endurance and strength which in terms of gameplay should make them much quicker at progressing in all physical skills (Fitness, Wellness, Rock Climbing, Skiing, Snowboarding and even Bowling!). And no fatigue from a work-out the next day
    - better at finding collectibles, perhaps even able to "sniff" out what is hidden
    - faster skill increase for Fishing, since it is the skill that comes closest to hunting
    - better at pet training, at least when in comes to dogs. Perhaps even ability to befriend any dog they encounter immidiately
    - Superspeed
    - Healing factor which in terms of gameplay should make it impossible for them to die from electrocution for example. But also curses from Jungle Adventure or that hamster disease. Which admittedly almost never happens in regular gameplay, but still
    These are just a few ideas and most or all of it could be added via a skill tree.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm a simple girl. I'm up for anything 😅 if it's really werewolves that's really thrilling though after such a long supernatural drought. I want to start working on my potential werewolf sims but ill wait until it's confirmed.
    I would like though, if they would somehow tie in with vampires. I definitely want to do the werewolves vs vampires thing. 🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    If we get werewolves, I would love a wolf form and werewolf toddlers/kids who would chew on stuff ala Sims 3. 🙂👍

Maybe a spell tree as well, though I can’t think of anything for werewolves, since I tend to read about (and watch tv shows about) werewolves with no other powers. Besides the hyper-senses, strength, and transformations, of course.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)