Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Nostalgia

ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
Finally, Dustin Broke found his grandparent's Bob and Betty Newbie's dining table. To the developers, thank you so much for adding this set to the game. You don't know how much it means to me. My poor Brokes have raised generations around this table since Sims 1. :heart: The Broke family's cupboards and appliances are used. Their kitchen decorations are chipped. They have no heat even though it is freezing. Brandi has toddler twins and a baby and maybe another on the way. Dustin added some vintage pink flamingos to the front lawn with his part-time job as a Table Cleaner at Hamburgerman fast food place. He's trying to be a good kid, really, just a bit of kleptomaniac, hopefully he didn't steal the flamingos. Skip wants to go back to University and work towards becoming a marine biologist. Hopefully he doesn't drown again. Beau is such a good kid. Brandi is trying to sell some of her homemade canned preserves. I love this family so much. I've added the Newbies and edited them so they are Brandi's parents. This table and that she can do canning and the Sims nostalgia around it has made me so happy. Anyone else get nostalgia from certain objects or want things from the older games?

Pw3oVaB.png
Post edited by Elliandre on

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I always feel a little nostalgic when I play the Goths. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I always feel a little nostalgic when I play the Goths. :)

Me too. I really like all the households from Sims 2 Pleasantview. I still carry on their stories in Sims 4.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I didn't come into the franchise until late into TS3, about a year or two before Supernatural released. I downloaded TS2 when it was free on Origin and never really played much with the premades.

That being said, I still feel a bit nostalgic about older sims even though I never played any before TS3. I guess it's because they're referenced so often in the community that I feel like I've known them my whole life, if that makes sense.

I have recently started playing TS4 premades, and I have added (I think) all the premades from Strangetown to StrangerVille. I evicted all the premades from StrangerVille, except George Cahill. I actually just rotated to the Grunt family but I haven't had much time to play them yet.

I kind of want to go back and play TS2 to get more familiar with their storylines.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member

I learnt about these paintings today and got Makin' Magic vibes :blush: It's a pity I don't have Spooky stuff, but I got one more reason to buy it I guess.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I love those paintings, it reminds me of the Sims 3 Supernatural paintings. :p
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm actually playing the Sims 2 at the moment, the Broke household is one of my favourites. Currently I'm playing with the Pleasant household and it's a mad house. :D
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    I downloaded the Broke family from the exchange and recreated their trailer, pure nostalgia but my goodness that's a challenging household. Weirdly (I'd put the Pleasants into the game too) Dustin kept bringing Angela home from school and that just blew me away, it was happening all over again!

Always get nostalgic when I see the tram car in Willow Creek, immediate flashbacks to Sims 1. Would love to play it again.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    This is great!