Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy the current TS4 version on release date?

13...Next

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited January 2022
    Yes
    I bought it then, I would buy it now. I had it on pre-order already when we got word that Toddlers wouldn't be in the Base game upon release. But I also read the whole statement. I caught the bit about how the team didn't wish to put them in unfinished. There was an entire thread or threads in the coming days about it. I almost canceled my pre-order. Talked it over with my grown daughter, (the one who got me into the Sims in the first place). At any rate, I decided to pick it upon release. Base game was a disk. I happily installed it, unable to wait to see if what I wanted out of this newest iteration would be there. I had it in mind that if not, I wouldn't purchase another thing Sims4. I was very pleased with the Sims, themselves, something I wasn't happy with in Sims3. And one day in March, just a year or so later, if memory serves, we got a SURPRISE Patch. The Toddlers were downloaded into our games! Best Toddlers, EVER. I'm glad I hung in there.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    No
    The way EA has been marketing the game lately, and the way they're trying to attract a certain type of player, and assuming I'd be buying just the basegame and would take a look at the total cost of the packs and be like "I missed the boat on this one, I've got enough expensive habits, I don't need another one"...

...I can't see a situation where I'd actually pull out my card and buy the game. That's not to say I don't enjoy the game, only that it'd get punted way down my list on how to spend my gaming budget in 2022 if I hadn't already bought it in 2018.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but with giftcards and/or sales.

Its still too much of a buggy mess for me to feel satisfied paying fully out of pocket.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Yes
    Well yeah. The basegame hasn't gotten any worse since I bought it. I was a fairly late adopter (2020) but even since then we've had the Sentiments update, skintones update, nails, and the Scared emotion in basegame, and a few really good bug fixes, plus COQUITO, so it's a better product now than when I bought it.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited January 2022
    Yes
    Definitely like I got my money worth now compared to then when I bought it some time after it came out. :#

I remember seeing a youtube video someone did about a year or two ago playing S4 when it came out and it was really bare bones (you weren't even able to lock your sims doors and there were no NPC's outside of bartenders, gym trainers, and librarians). I did like the things introduced, but compared to even any regular base Sims games it was pretty empty which you can tell it was rushed out the door.

Especially in terms of better lighting which was around when Dine Out came out I think cause the game always looked too dark, but proper lighting really helped that. Not to mention a bigger selection of Afro-textured hairstyles as making various sims was difficult when majority had the same hairstyle until you started buying packs.

Remembered in that thread to list everyone's ideas in what we wanted to see in the game I remember wanting better makeup for sims with warmer skintones cause every thing was too dang bold on them (was also pretty bold on very pale sims), so was so happy when we got that opacity slider. Plus all the extra new skintones.

So in comparison to the base game then to now is WAY better. :)

Base game definitely has improved. Whether you think it's late or not they have made improvements.

And hope they continue in doing so.

I am a long time player that's play every sims game and console/handheld spin offs (even the really bad ones). Love it or hate it due to whatever reason S4 has probably been the only one that has went further in trying to represent as many as they can from sexual orientation to culture.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • sazzlysarahsazzlysarah Posts: 23 Member
    No
    I voted no, because at this stage of the games development cycle, I would only be interested in a "Complete Collection" that contained all content (expansions, game, stuff, kit packs) for a single price point.

I doubt this would ever happen, as it goes directly against the price model for the series as this point, but it's nice to dream!
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No
    It has become a pretty backdrop with lackluster gameplay. It is sad when I see much better or more significant gameplay in the older iterations. I also personally do not see Sims 4 aging well, because it is trying to be trendy.
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited January 2022
    No
    No.
    I played a Stepford community (because Stepford), I played a vampire family in their home (because going outside breaks all immersion) and I gave everyone makeovers.

The game holds my interest long enough to finish a cup of coffee. When playing sims 3 I look up and suddenly it is night time.

I really dislike the sims 4 teens, hoods, ”emotions”, manic smiling, goofy clothing, pointless traits and aspirations etc.

I don’t see the sims 5 in my future.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    No
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    No.
    I played a Stepford community (because Stepford), I played a vampire family in their home (because going outside breaks all immersion) and I gave everyone makeovers.

The game holds my interest long enough to finish a cup of coffee. When playing sims 3 I look up and suddenly it is night time.

I really dislike the sims 4 teens, hoods, ”emotions”, manic smiling, goofy clothing, pointless traits and aspirations etc.

I don’t see the sims 5 in my future.

I got into sims 2 again last summer...let me tell you, there was a few weekends that I forgot I was supposed to eat, sleep, and use the bathroom.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    No
    I would love to play mod free and even the current base game I would have to have modded. I loved previous Sims Games in the franchise because I could and would play mod free and without CC. Sims 4 is the first time in the franchise I have used mods and heavy CC just to sometimes make the game even playable or even fun and not so lacklustre.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 252 Member
    No
    I voted NO

Today, after logging to Origin to find my entire game library gone missing or deleted.
    NO way, would I buy or advise in any way, anyone to buy from EA ever again.
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Yes
    I brought the Sims 4 close to release date (as soon as it was available locally) and enjoyed it back then and it's even better now.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos