Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next EP In Development

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    It'll probably pick up after the first of the new year.

I think everyone has a covid Hangover. I am hoping they can get back to their regular place of sim work. Working from home must have been challenging at times.

Here's to looking forward to 2022 and all the wonderful things it will bring. 🍻

agreed :)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    favriel wrote: »
    Based on when they announced the last 2 roadmaps we should be getting one in 2 weeks

How comes you think so? They didn't say anything about a new EP on the roadmap?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    favriel wrote: »
    Based on when they announced the last 2 roadmaps we should be getting one in 2 weeks

How comes you think so? They didn't say anything about a new EP on the roadmap?

I'm guessing favriel means a new road map, not the next EP.
    edited December 2021
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I just wish they'd announe the next pack already.

I'm tired of kits and the latest base game updates weren't my cup of tea either.

Yes, I feel the same, and I do hope the upcoming EP is something people have been asking for. We really need Generations and updated babies, people have been asking so long already, it finally needs to happen. I wouldn't like to settle for something else. And I'd be really disappointed if it wasn't an EP coming up in January/February, but an SP AGAIN. I don't even want a GP, I want an EP. I am really disappointed we didn't get a second EP this year.

I am very disappointed with this year's content in general. DHD was boring, nothing I really needed, nice items, yes, but that was about it. CL was fun, but it was less fun than I hoped for, I wanted to breed livestock, grow crops and not just feed 2 cows or Lamas with their own sheds and grow oversized vegetables to enter contests. The latter would have been fun on top, but what about crops?
    Also, what about horses? :( The only things I really loved about CL were the new family activities (cooking etc), but not being able to picnic on the ground, seriously? :(

We really need a pack coming with more family activities like playing boardgames, going for walks in EVERY world, basic games for kids (tag, cops and robbers, etc.). And I really want updated babies, real sims you can edit in CAS, I want them to be able to learn how to crawl and walk, toys and clothes for them, strollers, little blankets, I want them to have genetics, I want them to be the best we ever had, like TS4 toddlers. I love TS4-toddlers, they're the best in my opinion. I know they can do the same with babies. So why aren't they coming already?

I'd also like active school gameplay for elementary and high school with lots of new after school activities, perhaps being done similar like DU, even though I would like to follow my Sim into class. I would love a school pack to come with bands too. Bands/singing/music are a popular after school acitivity, so it would fit. I'd also like to build boarding schools and have an active teacher career, but I doubht we'd get that because we got the rabbit hole teacher career with DU. I also would like playable preschool for toddlers. I would love that. I hope active school gameplay considers all of the younger live stages. Oh and we need group activities for little toddlers, like singing and dancing with an adult sitting in a circle, doing little crafts together, playing catch, wrestle for fun on the floor, swings for toddlers, these little things to sit on we had in TS3 (you know what I mean, I don't know the English word), a little marygoround for toddlers... And we need proper playground equipment like seesaws, slides, climbing towers and marygorounds for children too...

They really need to wow me with these packs.

Oh and then we really need hotels too and more romance/wedding activities. Activities, not only stuff or items! I would love a romantic getaway pack coming with hotels and wedding activities like honey moon, games for weddings etc!
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I just wish they'd announe the next pack already.

I'm tired of kits and the latest base game updates weren't my cup of tea either.

Yes, I feel the same, and I do hope the upcoming EP is something people have been asking for. We really need Generations and updated babies, people have been asking so long already, it finally needs to happen. I wouldn't like to settle for something else. And I'd be really disappointed if it wasn't an EP coming up in January/February, but an SP AGAIN. I don't even want a GP, I want an EP. I am really disappointed we didn't get a second EP this year.

I am very disappointed with this year's content in general. DHD was boring, nothing I really needed, nice items, yes, but that was about it. CL was fun, but it was less fun than I hoped for, I wanted to breed livestock, grow crops and not just feed 2 cows or Lamas with their own sheds and grow oversized vegetables to enter contests. The latter would have been fun on top, but what about crops?
    Also, what about horses? :( The only things I really loved about CL were the new family activities (cooking etc), but not being able to picnic on the ground, seriously? :(

We really need a pack coming with more family activities like playing boardgames, going for walks in EVERY world, basic games for kids (tag, cops and robbers, etc.). And I really want updated babies, real sims you can edit in CAS, I want them to be able to learn how to crawl and walk, toys and clothes for them, strollers, little blankets, I want them to have genetics, I want them to be the best we ever had, like TS4 toddlers. I love TS4-toddlers, they're the best in my opinion. I know they can do the same with babies. So why aren't they coming already?

I'd also like active school gameplay for elementary and high school with lots of new after school activities, perhaps being done similar like DU, even though I would like to follow my Sim into class. I would love a school pack to come with bands too. Bands/singing/music are a popular after school acitivity, so it would fit. I'd also like to build boarding schools and have an active teacher career, but I doubht we'd get that because we got the rabbit hole teacher career with DU. I also would like playable preschool for toddlers. I would love that. I hope active school gameplay considers all of the younger live stages. Oh and we need group activities for little toddlers, like singing and dancing with an adult sitting in a circle, doing little crafts together, playing catch, wrestle for fun on the floor, swings for toddlers, these little things to sit on we had in TS3 (you know what I mean, I don't know the English word), a little marygoround for toddlers... And we need proper playground equipment like seesaws, slides, climbing towers and marygorounds for children too...

They really need to wow me with these packs.

Oh and then we really need hotels too and more romance/wedding activities. Activities, not only stuff or items! I would love a romantic getaway pack coming with hotels and wedding activities like honey moon, games for weddings etc!

I agree 100%. I'd like to see hotels we can run with actual resort activities, or a theme park-based pack with actual rides sims can interact with. I rarely play live mode much these days because of just the lack of stuff to do on community lots. I think Snowy Escape was a great start with the "actual stuff to do" part, but it just wasn't a pack I was interested in.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I am worried that EA with lowered interest around the Sims, due to no packs for such a long time. Will stress out a pack filled with bugs that will hurt the game play.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    I am worried that EA with lowered interest around the Sims, due to no packs for such a long time. Will stress out a pack filled with bugs that will hurt the game play.
    So no changes from the norm, got it.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Can we get something that we never had before, like superhero’s lol
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I just wish they'd announce the next pack already.

Same. I absolutely refuse to buy kits and it had worried me a bit that we've had nothing but kits since CL's release, but now I honestly dont care. CL is nice but it still wasnt my thing, and Ive been ready for some new content. Kits do not do anything for me, and I havent updated my game in like 2 months. You could ask me what new updates the game has gotten and I'll say something along the lines of "I dunno new chairs?" I honestly havent even been playing the game at all since there's nothing new that I want to do and there's still bugs in my game that havent been addressed. And since the game isnt offering actual packs for the rest of the year, this consumer went and put her money into other newly released video games that have been taking up my time. Money that was very well spent.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I am going with some type of romance pack considering the update we just got with all the meddling with babies, engagements, break ups, hook ups etc.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    @simgirl1010
    Thank you for the link!
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    A generations pack with a side of romance/relationship focus would be great. Bring in an attraction system, more dynamic relationships system, etc.

I'm not holding my breath for free babies but I certainly won't be against it. Elders could use some focus as well.

I find kids to be relatively set but I do wish we could get more aspirations for them. Tired of doing the same 4 each time. Done them so many times I could do it in my sleep.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    HimRumi wrote: »
    Can we get something that we never had before, like superhero’s lol

yes please
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Ooo, I would so love a Superhero Expansion Pack. They can call the new world Avengers Justice City.
    Also, it would be so perfect for my Storm Xmen sim to finally have mutant powers. And my Darknight couple sims to finally have a Batmobile, Batplane & Batcycle. Finally, having my Supergirl sim to be able to fly & have a proper superhero cape & outfit. B)
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    To follow most people the main one I'm seriously lacking is a "Generations" one. The age groups seriously lack definition and families *still* lack that extra special touch.
    For me Seasons was a brilliant pack because the calendar events really break up the day to day tasks ie Winterfest, Harvestfest. I'd like to see a focus on the life milestone events like anniversaries, funerals, Stag/Hen parties etc.

Throw in a GP which is specific to Toddlers/Children/Teens and I'll be extra happy!
    I really need updated babies before winter holidays. I want to play, but this was such a dry year (gameplay wise), we haven't had new gameplay since SUMMER, I am just bored and I really need new family activities and real babies...

I hope they surprise us with them in January.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited December 2021
    better romance, family and occult gameplay is and has always been the desperate need

I'm not sure if I would pick family or occult if i was given the choice but the first pick will always be romance cause every family begins with some romance and why should occults not have a family or love in their usually eternal lives

yet why have normal sims when occults are more fun ... and dragons are important family members
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited December 2021
    I think it's a Game Pack we'll get next.

I also think there will be a price increase.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

I’m pretty sure the team is working on more family gameplay features for those who’d want that. We already got bunkbeds and the ability for kids to cook with a grown up and also gardening. All that came in a free update. They’re small, but meaningful additions. I can’t see any occult gameplay added via free updates. Same goes for bands or cars.

It’ll take a while to get something like liberated babies right. Folks got their toddlers, the best so far, and you’d forget they were added at a later stage. Unless you’re the kind of person who says “too little too late, sulk sulk.” Not sure why those folks are still making such a fuss about everything because all content came “too late”. Everything is “overdue”. I’d hate to break the news but in terms of “overdueness” this game cannot be saved and that’s the end of that. Unless you can find other things to do than play The Sims 4 and un-bore yourselves for a while. Play ping pong. Build a sandcastle during a storm. Anything that’ll keep ya busy. It’s also very fun. I tried to build a sandcastle during a storm once. It was hilarious. It didn’t work, obviously, but it was hilarious. A day well spent.

Meanwhile not everybody cares about babies and not everybody cares about cars and not everybody cares about werebeasts. The team needs to find the right balance between which content to release first and which content to combine to ensure the majority of simmers is satisfied. By that I don’t mean the majority of Tweeter and Me Tube folks. I mean the majority of simmers.
    There are many simmers out there that don’t give a hoots about families. They just wanna BURN stuff. They need something nice too.
    I personally believe werebeasts should take priority over liberated babies, but obviously those who want in-depth babes think the opposite way. And rightly so. We all deserve our wishlists to be realized A ESS A Pee.

I’m not even sure why I’m blabbering about all this.
    Which thread am I in? 😅

Ah, Next EP in Development.

What? It’s been a tough year folks, of course there’s a next EP in development. I hope it’s something nobody asked for but that it will enrich my personal gameplay nevertheless. Go on, surprise us. 😝
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    I hope it’s something nobody asked for but that it will enrich my personal gameplay nevertheless. Go on, surprise us. 😝

There are a few things I'd still like to see. Hotels mostly. But I'd also like something that no one saw coming.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I hope it’s something nobody asked for but that it will enrich my personal gameplay nevertheless. Go on, surprise us. 😝

There are a few things I'd still like to see. Hotels mostly. But I'd also like something that no one saw coming.

I think the next pack should be smth ppl have been wanting just because ppl have been super upset lately but I guess farming was something a lot of people wanted so I guess no matter what people will always be upset. I think maybe bg updates would make people happier I don't know.

For me I really want hotels, updated babies and a daycare system would be cool, I also think a romance pack could be fun.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited December 2021
    But when EP12 will be released ? June or November ?

No big patch has been released yet.
    If nothing happens this month or in January, I imagine a big patch could be released in June with GP11 and EP12 in November.
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    Skyrryx wrote: »
    Please, complete the (missing) occult set!

Edit: Get to Work refresh with ownable community lots, anyone interested? ;)
    The game also miss kids play (tag, red hand, etc.) and pool play and objets.

All of the ^^^ but especially the kids activities. I miss when sims kids could be kids and play childhood games.

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    But when EP12 will be released ? June or November ?

No big patch has been released yet.
    If nothing happens this month or in January, I imagine a big patch could be released in June with GP11 and EP12 in November.

Good Lord, I certainly hope we don't go 16 months without a new expansion. :/