Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next EP In Development

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

This may help to allay suspicions that all that remains for TS4 is scenarios and kits.

During the recent Maxis Extra Life Livestream
SimGuruJessica introduced herself as Senior Game Designer and Lead Designer on an upcoming The Sims 4 Expansion Pack.
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Lots of people will be pleased about this. :smile:
    I can't remember the thread, but I posted recently about a job on EA careers for an artist to help create new worlds for The Sims 4, which also implies more EPs are in the planning stage.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited November 2021
    Good to hear, I wonder when they are planning to release it, hopefully we don't have to wait until summer 2022.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    OK. I can wait on a full expansion but I wish would could get a new world like they gave us Newcrest in a patch. What's up with having more destination world's? We only have 3 so far. I need space for community lot's and Magnolia Promenade only have 4. I had to delete the retail shop to place the National Park there that comes with Romantic Garden Stuff.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Anyone know if simgurujessica has worked on any packs before? And which ones if she did?πŸ‘€

I'm not surprised though. A slight slow down and tons of simmers think the game is over lolπŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Thank god we are getting a pack I want more worlds, a city world, another world for famous sims worlds based outside of the USA and everything that comes with them.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Anyone know if simgurujessica has worked on any packs before? And which ones if she did?πŸ‘€

I'm not surprised though. A slight slow down and tons of simmers think the game is over lolπŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

I remember when there was a slowdown when Sims Medieval came out and everyone thought Sims 3 was over too. We simmers are always so antsy for new packs! Me included! lol
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Really curious to know what this is! I'd love a time travel into different pasts and maybe even the future! Also would love more romantic/attraction options, maybe in a honeymoon getaway type pack. Occult is always welcomed, and horses! I think at this point it's harder to know what they're making.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    Nice :) What ever it will be, I always find some use for it :) (almost always as still I do not have one GP)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

I mean it's not like there's a pandemic that slowed down every industry including the gaming one. And caused a lot of game delays πŸ˜‚
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Really curious to know what this is! I'd love a time travel into different pasts and maybe even the future! Also would love more romantic/attraction options, maybe in a honeymoon getaway type pack. Occult is always welcomed, and horses! I think at this point it's harder to know what they're making.

SimGuruJessica has been posting pictures of coffee on Twitter. Hope she's been working on an awesome new EP to be released in time for Christmas. 😁
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member

I mean it's not like there's a pandemic that slowed down every industry including the gaming one. And caused a lot of game delays πŸ˜‚

There is a point. As all packs, if I assume right are designed at long time ago, I assume we are now really seeing the results of it (Pandemic). (I might be wrong, I was just assuming)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options

There is a point. As all packs, if I assume right are designed at long time ago, I assume we are now really seeing the results of it (Pandemic). (I might be wrong, I was just assuming)

Yep that is probably the reason. I think dhd was maybe supposed to come earlier than may since GPS usually come in like March I believe. And CoL was supposed to come in June. So maybe it will release in January but I hope they take their time with everything.

If they released it on time but it was buggy or not good, people will say it feels rushed, call the devs lazy. If it gets delayed people complain, ask for a new pack, say the sims 4 is ending, etc.

This is not just for the Sims 4. This just the game Industry in general. I mean some people act like their life depends on when a game comes out. I never get it and another reason that if I end up going into computer science or technology I would never get into game development.
  • Options

Oh and yes she worked on snowy escape. I found that with a quick scroll through her Twitter. I don't think she worked on cottage living because I didn't see any tweet about it but it's just a guess. And scrolling more through her Twitter will probably show more of the packs she worked on. It seems like she only works on expansion packs but I might be wrong.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Hoping for a bands pack! 😁🎸πŸ₯πŸŽΊπŸŽ»πŸŽΆ
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Gordy wrote: Β»
    "SimGuruJessica introduced herself as Senior Game Designer and Lead Designer on an upcoming The Sims 4 Expansion Pack."
    They think they're slick with these hidden messages, but I see right through them.

@Gordy how would you like to see dragons implemented in the game? Similar to TS3 Dragon Valley? And do you play that world?
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    edited November 2021
    I hope it is an occult pack.
    There're no new occults for more than 2 years
  • Options
    Arca wrote: Β»
    I hope it is an occult pack.
    There're no new occults for more than 2 years

I am not against an occult pack even though I don't play with them that much.

But here's something interesting I noticed. I mostly see people asking for generations, romance, resorts, and family gameplay outside of the forums. I do see some requests for occults but on Twitter, for example, most people would say that the type of pack the game needs is romance and generations. It is basically the same on here but I don't see that much of a request for occults on twitter. I think most players that are on there seem to be family players. And there seems to be more occult players here. It would be interesting to see statistics for overall players because I remember Graham (I think) said most players play households of 1-2 sims. So it doesn't look like a lot of players are family players when you include players not on social media.

This has nothing to do with this thread I just noticed this and wanted to share it I guess.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I really really hope it's Fairies with Generations, like a family Fairy Godmother who helps grant family wishes, or a Dark Fairy Godfather that causes mischief. Just a thought. :p
  • Options
    I really really hope it's Fairies with Generations, like a family Fairy Godmother who helps grant family wishes, or a Dark Fairy Godfather that causes mischief. Just a thought. :p

Imaginary friends could also come with generations or any pack focused on family play. Though idk how those worked with previous games and how interesting they could be.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    I just hope it's a pack that I actually want. Don't get me wrong, I love being told immediately after a reveal that I don't need to waste $40 on a pack as at this point I've saved $120, but I'd also like to have more Sims content as well.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    For the love of god, let it be an occult and don't let it take another 2 years to come out. PLEASE. Imagine how tired occult players are.