Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5?

2...Next

Comments

• temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited November 2021
    Mario Kart is called Mario Kart because the main dude is called Mario. And he drives around in a Kart. Very straight forward.

Personally I wouldn't mind a Luigi Kart spinoff with characters from both F-Zero and Diddy Kong racing, Nintendo seems to not be using those racing IP characters anymore, so bring back forgotten characters like T.T. The Clock Man and Blood Falcon.
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    edited November 2021
    The Original Timeline (Sims 1, 2 & 3)
    motdk wrote: »
    I've had enough of the Goths and Brokes, and Pancakes and Callientes, and Newbies. And Crumplebottons. 😄 I want all new characters. Or none at all.

Are the Goths, Pancakes, and BFF's supposed to just up and disappear
    just because of a new edition called TS5? They made this game what it is today. They will probably get a make over as they have in the past. But to out and out get rid of them entirely is something I don't thing EA would chance. Here's a real life example: My mother has been watching soap opera's all of her life. But if you took out the Quartermains from "One Life To Live", she'd have a fit. They are the story, same as the Goths, Landgraabs, Callientes, and Pancakes. Don't turn your back on TS5 just because it'll have the same families from previous iterations, just add your own. We're pro's. That should be easy.

If Maxis doesn't do it, I will. As I have in Sims 4 and all the previous versions. It's not really a big deal.

Actually it is a big deal. I don’t want to play a game that doesn’t reference it’s original characters ,plus add a few new ones. It is called the Sims for a reason. I pay to play the original characters whether I delete them or not. And I want that Option. For example would you play Mario kart , without Mario I wouldn’t.

What do you mean by the bolded part?
    I always believed the Sims is called the Sims because we’re creating and playing with simulated peoples in a simulated world. The inhabitants of these simulated worlds are called “sims”.

Mario Kart is called Mario Kart because the main dude is called Mario. And he drives around in a Kart. Very straight forward.

The Sims is not called The Goths. If it was, I’d agree with you. The Sims isn’t called “The Legend of Crumplebottom’s Handbag”.
    It’s called The Sims, and the Goths and Landgraabs are just a bunch of sims living in these simulated worlds.

Back to topic: I create my own lore and characters.
    I’m indifferent to the existence of the originals but it’d be nice for those who like the nostalgia.

That is not bolded on my screen since you want to point things out. And the Sims that you described are the iconic part about the sims. I wouldn’t buy or trust any Sims game that didn’t have the Goths or Landgrabs in it. So, if the sims5 doesn’t have them in it well it won’t be bought by me. I’ll wait for the sims6 then.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,218 Member
    edited November 2021
    It would be wonderful if they could clarify the family tree of the Landgraab.

Malcolm from The Sims Bustin' Out
    Malcolm IV from The Sims 2
    Malcolm from The Sims 3 (Nintendo DS)
    Malcolm from The Sims 3 Store - Roaring Heights
    Malcolm from The Sims 4
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Other
    When I think of timelines for games, I tend to think of the lore that fits within them (without lore timelines aren't really meaningful at all) and the stories that fit within or create/continue both. But while the Sims series has a basic kind of lore, it has never been static enough (or deep enough to allow for in-universe historical errors) to be anything more than basic. The series' true strength is in the stories that we the players make, whether they be based on following the bare threads that might exist with pre-mades or entirely new tales made with entirely new sims and situations.

So even though the series works well with this very basic sort of timeline with or without pre-mades from previous games, that wouldn't stop anyone from making those sims and playing them in any way they like. People already do that all the time, from what I've heard. I'm not one of them, but if I was sentimental about stuff from a past game, I'd either play that game or bring the characters I liked into the new one. Because I'm picky, and even if I liked pre-mades, it's almost certain that they'd never do the old sims justice in my eyes, so I'd end up remaking them anyway. ;)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,842 Member
    edited November 2021
    Other
    Actually it is a big deal. I don’t want to play a game that doesn’t reference it’s original characters ,plus add a few new ones. It is called the Sims for a reason. I pay to play the original characters whether I delete them or not. And I want that Option. For example would you play Mario kart , without Mario I wouldn’t.

@motdk
    Sorry, I should have been clearer. I know that Sims lore is a an important part of simming for many. I meant it's not a big deal for me what timeline is used because I'd simply delete them. 🙂
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited November 2021
    Other
    I've had enough of the Goths and Brokes, and Pancakes and Callientes, and Newbies. And Crumplebottons. 😄 I want all new characters. Or none at all.

Are the Goths, Pancakes, and BFF's supposed to just up and disappear
    just because of a new edition called TS5? They made this game what it is today. They will probably get a make over as they have in the past. But to out and out get rid of them entirely is something I don't thing EA would chance. Here's a real life example: My mother has been watching soap opera's all of her life. But if you took out the Quartermains from "One Life To Live", she'd have a fit. They are the story, same as the Goths, Landgraabs, Callientes, and Pancakes. Don't turn your back on TS5 just because it'll have the same families from previous iterations, just add your own. We're pro's. That should be easy.

If Maxis doesn't do it, I will. As I have in Sims 4 and all the previous versions. It's not really a big deal.

What do you mean by the bolded part?
    I always believed the Sims is called the Sims because we’re creating and playing with simulated peoples in a simulated world. The inhabitants of these simulated worlds are called “sims”.

The Sims is not called The Goths. If it was, I’d agree with you. The Sims isn’t called “The Legend of Crumplebottom’s Handbag”.
    It’s called The Sims, and the Goths and Landgraabs are just a bunch of sims living in these simulated worlds.

Back to topic: I create my own lore and characters.
    I’m indifferent to the existence of the originals but it’d be nice for those who like the nostalgia.

That is not bolded on my screen since you want to point things out. And the Sims that you described are the iconic part about the sims. I wouldn’t buy or trust any Sims game that didn’t have the Goths or Landgrabs in it. So, if the sims5 doesn’t have them in it well it won’t be bought by me. I’ll wait for the sims6 then.

I highlighted “It is called The Sims for a reason” in bold because I am trying to understand what you mean by that statement. If your screen doesn’t show bolded sections, perhaps your browser doesn’t support this kind of formatting?

I acknowledge that certain sims are iconic to the franchise and I can appreciate that many veteran simmers would be disappointed if those characters were to be omitted in future Sims releases. To each their own.

I haven’t had the honor yet to play the original The Sims and only recently I was introduced to The Sims 2.
    I began exploring Sims 3 not so long ago, a year before the release of TS4. In TS3 I met Bella Goth in the shape of a wee girl wearing a little red dress. She was called “Bella Bachelor”. I wasn’t aware of the original lore or what would happen to her in the future (The Sims 2). I didn’t get many references but that was ok. I just played my game, my stories.
    In Sims 3 there’s a book called “Where is Bella?” After becoming more familiar with the franchise and lore as a whole I can only assume that this is a reference to the abduction of Bella Goth, but back in the day I just thought it was referring to this Twilight character called Bella because those series happened to be hugely popular around the time. In my field of work it is hard to ignore big hits like that.

But when it comes to The Sims I had no clue whatsoever. Unlike many others I didn’t grow up with the game.
    I was a bit of a wild dude in his early thirties who discovered this game by accident and got interested. I enjoy playing with the game mechanics in TS3 and TS4 and love learning about game features and characters that were introduced in TS2. But to me - a relatively new simmer- having these iconic characters in future releases isn’t the most important thing in the world.

I’m more interested in the sims’ AI and specific game mechanics and being offered plenty of tools that allow me to create and explore my own stories. I don’t care which Sims installment that is: TS4, TS5…TS6. Although let’s be honest looking at the many more years still in store for our current iteration by the time “Sims 6” is released I’m probably dead. 😅
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member

Sims 5 should keep the Goths,Crumplebottoms and Newbies. And I wouldn't mind if EA/Maxis finally stopped with the gnomes and llamas;they got annoying and overused by Sims 3.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I honestly believe if there is a TS5 it won't have any thing in the world to do with past history of The Sims or the timeline of the stories of original Sims. I believe TS5 is a multiplayer game, meet and greet, questing, challenge, competition, cliques, goal oriented game. Prove me wrong EA.

Sims is not meant to be a multi-player/questing/challenge/competition/goal-oriented game-it's meant to be a LIFE SIMULATION game. There are already tons of games that are goal-oriented and competitive(sports,first-person shooters,parkour,etc)-EA/Maxis really needs to keep The Sims as a life-Sim game. We don't need to have a life-sim game turned into another boring goal-oriented/competition game.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Other
    i vote other as i would include sims 1 sims2 sims3 and sims4 timeline in the sims5
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,842 Member
    edited November 2021
    Other

Sims 5 should keep the Goths,Crumplebottoms and Newbies. And I wouldn't mind if EA/Maxis finally stopped with the gnomes and llamas;they got annoying and overused by Sims 3.

@Lady_Ballora I hope you get them. As for me that 'delete household' button is quite easy to use. 😊

• ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I am strangely attached to iconic families like Goths, Landgraabs, Newbies, etc and would love for their stories from Sims 2 to be continued. That's the one where I really liked the set-up of the different starting points for various stories. I never cared about the premade characters in Sims 1. If they're not around, there are loads of talented Simmers out there that will create them and share. That's how I originally added many characters from older games to Sims 4 (until Maxis released some of them in the Gallery a few years ago). So I'd love to have them, but it wouldn't be a showstopper for me if they weren't there.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Other
    It may sound odd but I don't really care what timeline they choose to use? I rarely play with the NPCs and Premades anyway. Often times, I go through and delete them all and make a whole world full of my own characters.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I play with premades because it saves a lot of time, you have the crimelord, the aristocrats, the super rich and all the townpeople who you know where they live and have a grasp of what role they play. I can they put in my own Sims in the gaps
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2021
    Other
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I honestly believe if there is a TS5 it won't have any thing in the world to do with past history of The Sims or the timeline of the stories of original Sims. I believe TS5 is a multiplayer game, meet and greet, questing, challenge, competition, cliques, goal oriented game. Prove me wrong EA.

Sims is not meant to be a multi-player/questing/challenge/competition/goal-oriented game-it's meant to be a LIFE SIMULATION game. There are already tons of games that are goal-oriented and competitive(sports,first-person shooters,parkour,etc)-EA/Maxis really needs to keep The Sims as a life-Sim game. We don't need to have a life-sim game turned into another boring goal-oriented/competition game.

I agree, but I don't think Maxis nor EA are listening. They don't call TS4 a life simulator and didn't from day one. Rachel said it was a sitcom. Maxis today says it's a Simself representation of ourselves. Note the Seasons of Self moto is reinforcing this theory. Nobody at Maxis is calling TS4 a Life Simulator and haven't for a very long time. From day one they tried to explain it was 'different' and not a life simulator but more like a sitcom, then a few years back (maybe four) they switched again to refer to it as a safespace of representation. EA/Maxis is not planning an actual life simulator (in my opinion) the next time, either. Especially when their own CEO Andrew Wilson explained The Sims is a competition, and all of us wondered what planet he had been living on.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    edited November 2021
    Alternate Timeline (Sims 4)
    Unpopular opinion, but since they've gone with the "AU" path, it'd make sense to continue walking down that road and keep developing upon their stories, hopefully they bring back the "Story Progression" and "Lore" features from the past games. Honestly, I probably won't bother buying The Sims 5, but it'll be nice to see how it could be like.
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Other
    I would like Sims 5 to have its own story. It should be different. Players can always make who they like!
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞