Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Music Pack is Coming

2...Next

Comments

• ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    edited November 2021
    It’s not one of the things I really want but that’s alright. I have this cute newly wed couple that could create their own mini band because they used to do karaoke together before they even got engaged. I don’t have a lot of ideas for it though..it might work better as a game pack (like island living should have been) or included in Get Famous. I know the communities been wanting it for a while though so it’s nice it *might* be finally coming.

I do, however, love my sims singing and wish they’d add more songs they can sing.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Katrina Caliente and Octavia Moon are calling for Music Pack as the 12th EP

Katrina Caliente
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBvdiX9zITc

Octavia Moon - She also wanted a Get Famous Refresh with an additional Music-styled neighborhood in Del Sol Valley and a big park where it will host the next Sims Sessions.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYwxBlWWttE
  • Clarity88Clarity88 Posts: 11 New Member
    I would love more instruments in a new pack! And not just the types of instruments found in a "garage band" setting, but also woodwind, brass, and more string instruments. I'm especially hoping for an upright piano and harp in build mode! A jazz ensemble would also be excellent. I could envision this either as part of a refresh to existing packs (The music scene would work well with Get Famous, or perhaps as rabbit-hole extracurriculars in Parenthood similar to the existing Scouts activity) or as a new stuff pack or game pack.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Clarity88 wrote: »
    I would love more instruments in a new pack! And not just the types of instruments found in a "garage band" setting, but also woodwind, brass, and more string instruments. I'm especially hoping for an upright piano and harp in build mode! A jazz ensemble would also be excellent. I could envision this either as part of a refresh to existing packs (The music scene would work well with Get Famous, or perhaps as rabbit-hole extracurriculars in Parenthood similar to the existing Scouts activity) or as a new stuff pack or game pack.

I need jazz ensembles so badly in my game! ❤️🎺🎷🎶🎹
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • RochertRochert Posts: 168 Member
    If the pack included some wind instruments like saxophones and harmonicas, it would be very exciting one for me.
    But I don't know whether it is technically possible to implement wind instruments in the game.
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member
    Rochert wrote: »
    If the pack included some wind instruments like saxophones and harmonicas, it would be very exciting one for me.
    But I don't know whether it is technically possible to implement wind instruments in the game.

Why would it not be possible to implement them?
  • RochertRochert Posts: 168 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I believe it's not impossible to implement those instruments, but it will require creating new animation to do it and the devs may not have enough time to perform those tasks. They already have so many issues to address now.

@Clarity88 , @Rouensims
    Jazz ensembles sound great. If the feature were incorporate in the future game pack, I would have no hesitation to purchase it.
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I believe it's not impossible to implement those instruments, but it will require creating new animation to do it and the devs may not have enough time to perform those tasks. They already have so many issues to address now.

@Clarity88 , @Rouensims
    Jazz ensembles sound great. If the feature were incorporate in the future game pack, I would have no hesitation to purchase it.

Any new instruments they add will require new animations so, if they release a music pack, I think they will add new instruments. New instruments are not technically impossible, they are only limited by budget.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    edited December 2021
    I think any new instruments are only limited by what we they think would sell the pack. Are people more likely to buy a pack with a woodwind, a brass, a percussion? What will put more $$$ in EA's pocket.

The answer might have to do with what are common instruments that people are more likely to play IRL, what's trendy (any tiktok instrument memes?) and what expands game play in an area players want (squeaky recorders for the kids! Kazoos! Oy.)
    I think any new instruments are only limited by what we they think would sell the pack. Are people more likely to buy a pack with a woodwind, a brass, a percussion? What will put more $$$ in EA's pocket.

The answer might have to do with what are common instruments that people are more likely to play IRL, what's trendy (any tiktok instrument memes?) and what expands game play in an area players want (squeaky recorders for the kids! Kazoos! Oy.)

Lol, kazoos would actually be fun! :smiley:

• BL5036BL5036 Posts: 53 Member
    accordion ! it could be fun !
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Yes! I'm very pro-accordion! But what kinda pack would one come in?
    Get Parisian (with a mime skill and wine bottles)
    Get Celidh (with do-si-do interaction)?
    Something with a funicular railway, peut etre?
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member

A polka pack with a Weird Al sim!
  • CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    When it comes to music, I'd be happy if they just add the ability for Sims to engage in rap battles. Or at least have karaoke competitions at home.

A polka pack with a Weird Al sim!

That would be amazing!!! :smiley: