March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much longer do you think The Sims 4 will last?

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if it goes on until 2024.
    They can get an extra 5 years out of the usual investment of money required for developing a new game and milk it for twice as long.

And since they had all this extra time to research and conceiveTS5, I will be expecting much more from it than the launch of TS4.
    But they are probably just taking all this extra time trying to figure out how to get simmers to be social subscribers.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    I kind of always thought they would release TS5 in 2025 for the 25th anniversary for the franchise. It just makes sense to me. So 2024 maybe?

In all honesty though, I'm really not in any rush to move onto a new game, and have to wait for the community favorites to be released.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,406 Member
    I'm hoping until 2024/2025--I really have enjoyed this iteration of The Sims and am getting tired of the cycle of the same types of packs released over and over and waiting years for it to be fully playable with everything, tbh.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    I honestly have no idea, but considering I like Sims 4 right now and have no clue if I will like 5 I am in no major hurry for it to end either. Depending on where they take us with the Sims 5 it might well be my last Sims game.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited November 2021
    I just saw this, about Sims 5, on my Google page yesterday.

https://www.ibtimes.com/sims-5-development-reportedly-expands-europe-3328356?amp=1

Even though I’m not a big occult fan I would still like to see werewolves, before they close out the sims 4, I will be happy with sims being able to have body hair. But, I would also like to see a real baby update, a generations pack, a transportation/cars pack, a romance/wedding pack, a historical/medieval pack and some kind of amusement park/zoo pack before the end of sims 4.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    At least up until 2024. Plus, they're still missing many things that should be in Sims 4. They're still not done yet.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2021
    A few years ago, I said maybe 'til 2021, or 2022. However, they have changed directions (again) and going with kits and scenarios which are in my opinion more of mobile type microtransactions and mobile gameplay systems. Please, someone tell me TS5 won't have 'scenarios' as the type of gameplay at it's core. Please, no. It's been my experience that the current games gets a dose of what is coming in a newer game. This has been true in every iteration. Not exactly the same as an upcoming release of a game, but a good dose of what to expect in many ways.

Example off the top of my head: In TS2 FT EP introduced hobbies but the reward points could not buy objects anymore but mood boosters, a separate aspiration, if you wanted one, ways to ease motives etc. This is the system that was introduced in TS3's core where the Sim could not longer buy an object but points to spend on things like mood boosters, or to alleviate the challenges of motives, and or to enhance personality such as TS4's trait reward system, where you buy an extra trait. And there were other things added later in TS2 that were a thing in TS3. Such as cliques/group types. Seen in TS2's AL and in TS3's University pack which introduced the same type things. Some think they take things forward, but sometimes, it is really about what is coming in a new game that a dose of it gets put in the current game being played. The current game gets an idea of what will be in the next game.

They could ride this out forever, at least two more years bringing it up to working on the eleventh year on it's tenth birthday. Omg, I'm going to keel over from boredom (kits and scenarios) if that is where they are going with the last few years of this game's life. Just look at what they have been doing. The Disney 'scenario' game pack. The poorly done 'fairs' in CL. Not much to do at one but stand around and wait to see if your Sim won something. The timed challenges of recent years, such as the music festival thingy. Over and done. The scenarios of late, and more and more plans to add more..gaud no. And so many more things that have slipped my mind that leans toward mobile type gameplay.

If they can monetize all that this thing could go on for fifteen years, without any big EPs or GPs at all. Kits, mini transactions for $5 a pop. No beef at all. When we do see TS5 (if at all) just remember you had a taste of it in TS4.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I'm getting pretty bored with TS4. I haven't opened my game to actually play in quite awhile, I'll probably just sit back and wait for it to end so I can finally once and for all, get my game modded up to fix things that have been left broken for far too long and add mods to make it the way I want without having to continuously remove/update my mods. Playing vanilla is not an option for myself, I get way too bored or frustrated with it.

I'll still continue to get excited for new DLC and check it out, but unless something super ground-breaking and amazing (such as the ability to build our own functional apartments in any world, the ability to modify, edit, and/or create our own worlds, and officially be able to create actual multi-functional lots that don't need a mod or some work around to get them to work) is released/updated, the game just won't hold my interest.
  • simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    My prediction, just for fun:

The last pack for TS4 will release on September 2, 2024 (its tenth anniversary). Then no more packs, maybe kits and some free updates.

Sims 5 announcement 2025 with 2026 release.
  • RaskinBobinsRaskinBobins Posts: 4 New Member
    The game or the fanbase? Game - probably another few years at least til the cost to make the packs are unprofitable. The fanbase is gonna go on foreeeeever though
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    My uneducated guess would be: 2-3 more years.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    I wish sims 2 and sims 3 lasted a few more years.

Sims 4 is going to last 10 years at this rate (sometimes I don’t mind because they actually come out with cool stuff) and I enjoy the game it’s my least favorite but I still enjoy it but sometimes I feel it’s time we move on to sims 5 (if we ever get a sims 5).
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited November 2021
    Think its time for a new game. Have tried to be patient, bought the game, played it.
    Have bought Sims 2,3,4 and now ready for something new.
    They used the money we paid for other games to make Sims 4, and we are part of the community too.
    Don't wish anyone who loves Sims 4 any harm whatsoever, but 15 yrs does not sit right with me.

edit fixed a typo and add:
    Don't really understand why they can't keep Sims 4 going for a few more years for those who like it and at the same time bring in Sims 5.
    Not like they can't afford it.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Why is this game missing so many occults?!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited November 2021
    Loanet wrote: »

I would say not that much :
    1. Ghost
    2. Plantsim
    3. Alien
    4. Vampire
    5. Mermaid
    6. Spellcaster
    7. Servo

Missing occults :
    1. Genie
    2. Werewolf
    3. Zombie
    4. Fairy

mts_tr10.jpg
    Loanet wrote: »

I would say not that much :
    1. Ghost
    2. Plantsim
    3. Alien
    4. Vampire
    5. Mermaid
    6. Spellcaster
    7. Servo

Missing occults :
    1. Genie
    2. Werewolf
    3. Zombie
    4. Fairy

mts_tr10.jpg

Bigfoot.
    NPC Ninja Warrior
    Super Hero (true, a career objective but still human but with super powers)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BL5036BL5036 Posts: 53 Member
    They should update Bigfoot in tha refresh of outdoor retreat !
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited November 2021
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    Bigfoot.
    NPC Ninja Warrior

I count them as specific roles like Patchy, Night Wraith and the skeletons.

@Cinebar wrote: »
    Bigfoot.
    NPC Ninja Warrior

I count them as specific roles like Patchy, Night Wraith and the skeletons.

But Bigfoot can become a player controlled character so I think it does deserve being added. We could also make Bigfoot in the CAS of TS2.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2021
    Some one posted this on Twitter. Sounds like we have plenty more years to go
    rsnGUuu.jpeg
    MWvJseN.jpeg
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I'm glad they are still investing in Sims 4, I'm at a point where I'm not particularly interested in expanding my pack collection, I already have so much content that keeps me busy, and to be honest I'm much more interested in the future improvements to existing content than new packs anyways. The only pack that would really grab my attention is Generations, but who knows when that will be at this point.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    Some one posted this on Twitter. Sounds like we have plenty more years to go

This makes me so happy. 😊

That's a cool outfit. I had not seen that one. It's good. I wish they had added a Yeti to that pack, not just a Sim costume. We need more fictional characters in my opinion.