Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    When my dust bunny doesn't bring me back any treasure. :unamused: That is the sole reason you exist in my game you little pile of dust. I will step on you if you do that again next time.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    It annoys me that when the game wants to reward a sim with longer life for being active that they extend the elder stage. They should extend the adult stage to represent aging slower. If active living results only in having more days to live with backaches and the inability to exercise without dying, why bother?
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Thrior wrote: »
    Got RoM during the most recent sale and got to say: the stupid situational outfits in Magic HQ. Sure, situational outfits can occasionally be annoying in other cases as well but this one took the cake because I specifically customized my spellcaster to fit the theme but then when I switched to another sim and visited the HQ, there they were suddenly sporting a freaking mini-skirt and a basic white T-shirt. So in short: I gave them the spellcaster look and then they show up in the spellcaster world looking nothing like I wanted to. Great. And to make it even worse, I actually decided to put the Maxis made trailer featured sages in my game and they too decided to switch their iconic outfits to some dumb ones.
    Other situational outfits in the game I can deal with but this one annoyed me so much I had to download a mod :sweat_smile:

This so much, I can live with most situational outfits that NPC's generate into because they can be quite giggle-worthy. But when it's your own sim, who has a better sense of fashion than most NPC's. I can't help but be annoyed, like what's the point of creating a spellcaster with a spellcaster-esque outfit, if they're just going to switch into a randomly generated outfit?
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    When my dust bunny doesn't bring me back any treasure. :unamused: That is the sole reason you exist in my game you little pile of dust. I will step on you if you do that again next time.

Don't step on it, it's much more satisfying to s*ck it up with the hoover :D

Don't step on it, it's much more satisfying to s*ck it up with the hoover :D

Haha. Yes I agree that's fun. I like how you can clean up the toddlers with the handheld one as well as the sofa cushions lol.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Aggressive autonomy. Why is it if a sim wakes up and needs the toilet and I try and add another interaction, it cancels the toilet interaction, but if the same sim woke up wanting to cook a smelly fish dinner and you try and cancel that, it doesn't work until they have marched all the way across the house and taken a board out of the fridge.

There are other examples
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Which leads me to another annoyance - if a sim wakes up and starts to cook - why is it a random (usually inappropriate) dish? There is already a nice category of dishes under serve breakfast. Why don't sims select from that?
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Haha. Yes I agree that's fun. I like how you can clean up the toddlers with the handheld one as well as the sofa cushions lol.
    You can clean sofa cushions? Well, I never knew! 😄
  • PlumbobiPlumbobi Posts: 95 Member
    trying to get the health nut lifestyle. I've ate nothing but salads, then tried nothing but produce, now I'm trying foragers stew, but nothing seems to work lol :'(
    You can clean sofa cushions? Well, I never knew! 😄

I think so! I will check again later. I think they should add a feather duster
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited January 2022
    This is no-longer annoying, but increasingly irritating!
    My game now takes longer to save one session than it does loading up. I want it to stop! I've tried taking out my mods and playing with only MCC, but the issue is still there! Is anyone else going through this because I'm about to uninstall this game and delete all my sims 4 stuff.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    This is no-longer annoying, but increasingly irritating!
    My game now takes longer to save one session than it does loading up. I want it to stop! I've tried taking out my mods and playing with only MCC, but the issue is still there! Is anyone else going through this because I'm about to uninstall this game and delete all my sims 4 stuff.

@HillyBeth It takes longer to save than to load the game? That would be so frustrating. Have you tried to run the game repair feature in Origin?
    You could try to follow Carl Sims guide to clear the cache
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cache.php
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,898 Member
    edited January 2022
    How about theft.. i just got robbed my bird bath.... lollllll... as soon as i stop talking to the guy, he turns around and poof no more bird bath !!!! and it 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off, i deleted that tourist of course, and i did quite a purge of townies also... but it still, really aggravated me and im laughing at the fact that that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off.... but still, i am still quite outraged, my bird bath man geez Louise come on, i just finished spending 1/2 day placing lawn chairs and what not, finished my garden and just put in place the bird feeder, so come on man im watching the birds 🐸🐸🐸🐸 do you steel my bird bath for !!! to sell it at the flea market i betcha....

Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,648 Member
    @rongtudjuuu On the surface, getting really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off about a bird bath seems trivial to some, but I can really relate. A lot of the time I feel like the programmers just really like to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 with us simmers! And, ya, it really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off too.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,898 Member
    lol ty for your reply @luvdasims55 its a funny little anecdote to share actually... theres more to it lol cuase it came in a sequence, btw i when i went to delete the thief i didnt even get back my bird bath! Its one of those random act of simming, but this time around i had just locked my doors because the townies came in to talk to my potty mouth toilet imagine that (true story) so i was talking to this guy in front of my house and then... the bird bath thing! But ya know it could have been anything, i got a basketball stolen from an apt in city living, where i learned to keep doors locked, but strangers on your lawn ! geez Mt Komorebi is pretty rough neighbourhood ... so it goes to show... to your point, the way the system will always tag ya! and you can always find another shortcut to run around .... l8r :wink:
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    This house in Sulani.. Why is it outside??

01-25-22-6-56-42-PM.png
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,648 Member
    edited January 2022
    Guess they like to camp in style. ;)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2022
    Onverser wrote: »

01-25-22-6-56-42-PM.png

I also didn't understand this. I know that Sulani is generally a hot weather world but that doesn't mean that bad weather doesn't exist there and also what about security? Anybody could just walk in and steal the entire house. I had to fix it in my game. :D
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    edited January 2022

01-25-22-6-56-42-PM.png

I have that lot in my world! I use it as a rental in Sulani. It's designed as an open air house, so it's meant to have rooms opened to the outdoors.

Open air homes often have ways to close off the home from weather (like with shutters), but we don't have anything like that ingame so we have to use our imagination.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    One of the most gorgeous open-air homes I've seen irl was completely open on 2 sides and partially open on the other 2 and it looked really similiar to that one in the game. It had garage-door style roll up walls that could be pulled down to close it off if necessary, but when open you couldn't even tell they were there unless you looked close at the columns and saw the tracks.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I just started playing a family in Sulani. I'm trying to play where the entire world is empty and little by little you build a town by getting walk-bys to move in. Anyway...it's boring and I've not been paying attention, but I definitely found a new annoyance. Whenever my sims are supposed to be asleep, one of them has gotten up and gone swimming in the ocean until they are completely depleted of energy, just in time for work or school. It's all 3 of them doing it, but only one at a time. I am pulling my hair out at this. They don't even live on a lot that has beach access...they walk a sim hour to get there!
  • theemaskedsimmertheemaskedsimmer Posts: 63 Member

01-25-22-6-56-42-PM.png

I also use this house as a rental home. I was not paying attention to it being partially outside until my family vacationed and had bad weather lol
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    One of my families live in that house. Good thing rain doesn't go sideways in the game lol. The parents started out as a young couple, so now that they are elders, they might remodel the open area.

Speaking of swimming...

I hate how we can't queue up sims to eat while in the water because "CaN't Do ThIS InSiDe A PoOl, SpA, oR sImILaR WaTeR rElAxAtIon DeViCe." I know they can't eat in the water. I want them to eat after they are done, that's all.

But then again, if you command sims to brush their teeth after a meal, they will just do it while they eat. :s
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I found it oddly strange pregnant sims can't do regular yoga without mods yet they can spar with the training robot?

Now that I think about it they do really strange bans for perfectly fine activities like yoga, jogging, etc

Not sure if some have been fixed by now been using a mod up to date lately that makes the restrictions less strict

But it kinda bugs me as a generation run player
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif