Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 411 - Forum Feedback, August 19th

Comments

• MoonsoftatooineMoonsoftatooine Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like to see more ways of making tea in the base game. Maybe teapots that could stay on the stove instead of being a separate appliance? More cultural representation would be nice. And maybe just more basic everyday kinds of clothes. The ability to have children with Grim would be cool too. I think all of these would make the base game feel more fun.
  • H2OlympianH2Olympian Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree with so many other comments. My biggest want for more challenging gameplay would be a "difficulty setting". The idea is if you play on say "Hard Mode" then the progress bars for promotions, relationships, and skills take longer to fill up the bars. I play on long mode and my sims will have level 10 skills well before they become adults. I would suggest maybe doing a 2x, 3x, or even 5x multiplier for how long it takes to fill up these bars.
  • StevieMac3000StevieMac3000 Posts: 2 New Member
    Oh one last point! "Whims are things your Sim wants to do, but you don’t have to" - I think more importance needs to be placed on whims, or completely overhauled (based on wants and fears from Sims 2), so it would be something the player should want to do to as well! Make the whims more meaningful to the individual sim (all my sims want a bee box, just because it's summer haha). Add in some negatives that take away points, or cause a serious change or event in the game.
  • Lindsee18Lindsee18 Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks for hosting this thread!

Depth and challenge for me means more unexpected opportunities popping up in-game, similar to the cards we get during jungle adventure or when given the opportunity to become famous at a career. Our choices would have effects unknown to us that affect relationships, jobs, finances, moods, skills, etc. These could happen at work, when talking to a sim, etc. These could also happen at home with children/teens, or at school more often.

Depth also includes what is happening outside of my sims' home. Do other sims in the town have schedules they keep? If they like fitness, are they usually at the gym? If they are musical, can they be found at the bars or lounges? If they have a job and I call them to come over, will they say they can't because they're busy/at work (and will I not see them outside of work during these hours)? Do other sims throw parties that my sim can be invited to? This would make it feel like there's lots happening in the world, and make it more challenging to invite sims over or meet them during the day.

Depth also means more spontaneous actions from sims in my family that involve social interactions or choosing to do activities they enjoy. I would like to see siblings that get along or that fight, children that disobey their parents, or teens choosing to do rebellious actions like stay out past curfew or fight with their parents.

I would also find it more challenging for teens to have after-school activities to make it more challenging to balance school work and part-time jobs. Pop-up notifications about a child or teen's mood or day during or after school could also add more depth. For example, hearing about a fight with a friend and seeing the negative effect on the relationship bar, or seeing that my child had a lot of homework and is feeling stressed or tired, and seeing that in their mood and the social interactions they choose.

These are just a few ideas off the top of my head that I can think of! Thanks again for hosting the forum!
  • Gabrielle27Gabrielle27 Posts: 4 New Member
    Totally agree with the person mentioning lack of danger. I've been playing sims 4 for how ever long it's been out and have never had a sim die?!?!
    When my dumb 🐸🐸🐸🐸 was 10, playing the sims 1 and my sim would catch the house on fire cooking grilled cheese then die, my day would be ruined. Probably even my week. Bring back that fear and devastation. It took me hours to create that sim masterpiece then have it taken away in the first hour of game play. It kind of sucks that sims aren't one of a kind anymore that they're automatically backed up and saved in that folder where you can access and duplicate them as much as you want.
    I also miss begging the grim reaper and trying to trap him. Bring back all those weird added in characters. Why dont we have burglers any more? There needs to be more storylines and ways to progress. My sim needs a reason to live.
  • CerizeCerize Posts: 1 New Member
    We use to have the ability to buy clothes...
    I think having only a certain amount of clothes available when we first start could be great because it's something else we would have to buy. It would add to the challenge (and not all sims would look like a million bucks) especially for challenges like rags to riches.

Sometimes it's too easy to cook, too easy to knit and crochet because we can just buy the ingredients for it .
    If a system like the "simple living" system of cottage living could be in place for everything it would be great. We would actually have to get wool from the lama etc.
    Otherwise it's too easy to just put the game on high speed and do nothing, which is boring...

Sims 2 Makin' magic was great for that finding ingredients... I think it was the best-add-on.

And like everyone I agree that more depth in life stages would be great:
    - I loved the ability for the kids to go to private school with the "teacher" coming to visit the house before to accept the kid in the school, having to clean up, etc.
    - changing babies nappies on an actual change table
    - pimple on teenagers that wouldn't want to go out then

The events are a bit shallow too, for example weddings... I never organise them, it's not funny, the same goals, nothing special after a couple of them...
  • EllePlumBoEllePlumBo Posts: 4 New Member
    Let us know what a higher level of challenge and depth in the Base Game would look like for you.

I propose the Concept of Scaling Interactions and Aspirations to lifespan length, increasing the range of weight on moodlets, making some "mood swing/cursed" like bonus traits unique to each life stage and potentially to each trait, Add more expensive options to use all the extra Simoleans on, and more broadcaster reactions.

*******What would you expect from it?

Scaling Interactions and Aspirations ---------

From this I expect a different quantity of task per aspiration level ie- paint 5 excellent paintings for short life span and 10 for medium and 15 for long life span.

For the interactions--------- the increase or decrease of social interactions is lessened with each longer lifespan, potentially reduce the rate of change by 20% for medium and 40% for long Also the cost of things should also scale up for each life span length 50% more for medium and 100% more for long.

For Increasing the range of weight for moodlets------------- I feel the +1,+2,+3 is washing out things. Death of a family member should be like a +10, some townie you said hi to once....+1 I guess (unless you are a loner, evil or mean because why waste effort on pretending you care?)

I love Mood Swings from parenthood because they randomly pop up and curses because you have to actively do something to rid yourself of them and dislikes because your comfort level decreases if you try to do something that is not preferable for your sim. Can we combine those three things and add life appropriate bonus trait challenges, kind of like side quest?

I see, lose a tooth for a kid and adding it under their pillow for Simoleans or Mid Life crisis when they become an adult where they have to complete something based on their traits ( like Make enemies with 12 children if you "hate children") you can really add a punch to each life stage without adding any actual new game play just a minor journey to explore the game play that is already there. To give it variety there would have to be at least 3 completely random options for each trait and like 10 that are age specific and not trait dependent. If they do not deal with their longings then tense, scared, and sad moodlets all work as a pop in moodlet to show your sims have actual wants of their own. You can add a phone option for a therapist session to deal with it without completing the task.

I feel there should be more broadcaster reactions to the state of other Sims- If someone pees themselves in public then my sims should be tense or vicariously embarrassed because that is something you can't ignore, if my active sims does it then trying to strike up a conversation should just have negative results, no matter what option I choose, until I do something about their...condition. I think of it as the opposite of reacting to a death where sims try very much to stay out of the broadcast zone and move away from the smelly dirty sim.

*********How would this change your current experience of The Sims 4?

I believe Scaling would change my current experience because I almost always play on long lifespan and can clear all the toddler, children and at least 6 adult aspirations on each sim before they die without rotating through those aspirations and just playing each in succession. When I do play on short life span the scaling makes sense so why can't the goals scale with the amount of time you have to complete them?

Increasing the range of the weight of moodlets I feel would help create a more balanced Sim Day as things that have been added to try and add depth can appropriately cascade over lesser moodlets (nice environment trumping awkward haggle for example) also putting weight differences up to 10 would increase my need for more gameplay used to get rid of those moodlets, if negative, or actually let players reap the benefit of them, If positive.

I feel that using bonus trait life stage mini challenges that are based on the sims traits would make me feel that as they grow I am learning more about who they are and connect with them more and be invested in changing my routine gameplay to meet the challenges.

If my toddler has a fussy trait and gets a bonus trait challenge to Throw 8 temper tantrums , then becomes a child who loves outdoors and wants to catch 12 frogs to feel their childhood is complete, then becomes a Teen who becomes a Geek whose bonus trait challenge was to win a Game tournament, then becomes a Young adult who is now also evil who wants to win 6 fist fight, but when midlife crisis comes around at adult their bonus trait challenge is to give up the bad Sim act and Fish for 24 hours to reflect on their choices, but by time they are an elder they accept they are who they are and relish in destroying 12 dollhouses before they die to revel in being near the misery of children, then I would feel like I met someone, who had a story arch, and I, as a player would have used interactions that I typically don't use in the process.

This only works if there is an array of options for each life trait that is robust enough that after I have had 5 sims with the evil trait it isn't just another thing to spam click to get through. This idea I think answers the request many people have to get "more to do" especially if the team thinks deep about what little nuanced interactions already exist. ( For Geek you can have them need to use the telescope at one specific time for one particular stargazing interaction)

I think more broadcasters simply means that what I do is not in a bubble and that I must take care of my Sim's needs and be aware of their surroundings.

**********What specific aspects of the game would you like to see more depth in?

I would like to see more familial relationships in CAS.

I would like to see a family contact page when inviting people to events so you can meet your family members in other households.

Burglars. Seriously it's a level of depth that is missing, the agonizing realization you didn't put in a burglar alarm is real.

Favorite Foods, akin to how you do favorite drinks at the bar because it gives a sense of personality to the Sim.

If all the base game Skills aren't in likes/dislikes...then that please.

Bonus Traits that decrease the effectiveness of gaining a certain skill or SKills.

Better autonomy for Sims to choose to act on Trait and sentiment based potential actions if they are angry at me in sentiments then I want them to come up and try to throw a drink in my face autonomously.
  • ItsprriyaItsprriya Posts: 1 New Member
    1 Wood working table- wood working table can be updated to have so many new things now that so many new packs have been released. It would be great if it was possible to use just woodworking table to make a completely functional house including cabinet and stoves

2- Plant sims- Plants sims are not fun at all. They feel very incomplete and there is no playability to them. They hardly have anything special around them.

3- seasonal events - the Irl events that have already happened in the sims 4 like the positivity challenge it would be great if they could come back, their items are just laying around locked and their is hardly any playability to them

4- Lot challenges- Now that lot challenges are a completely different thing, there is soo many things which were a part of the older franchise can be brought back like the burglars

5- Holiday Pack- the game is still lacking a lot when it comes to culture, there is barely any cultural outifits in the game, the holiday pack just comes with the bare minimum. The base game just has one hijaab and burkha and no niqab, there should be atleast be a couple of everything, same goes with saree, kurtas and so many more cultural Stuff, updating the holiday pack evey now and then to add more cultural stuff

6- curtains- the snapping of curtains does not work at all. Please fix that

7- outifits- a lot of outfits come with attached undeshirts it would be great if they were given as a different item so that we could mis mathc is however we wanted as there is hardly any conservative clothes in the game

8- tombstone- can my dead chickens and cows also get a custom tombstone at the very least cows

9- wood tones- every pack has its own wood tones and their is hardly any that match, please can the wood tonnes match with each other, same goes for different Swatches too like orange nothing matches
  • Hcla25239028Hcla25239028 Posts: 22 Member
    Ideas to make for more realistic sims and lifestyle events
    The ability to mow your lawn or pay a kid to
    Put up and take out dishes and cookware
    Open closet shelving to make a walk in closet where your sim can actually walk inside and contemplate a outfit.
    Teen babysitters that actually babysit and the option for a nanny and butler for our wealthy sims
    Bikes cars and public transportation
    Open neighborhoods / downtown area
    Grocery store or weekend farmers market
    Pop up events in the park like jazz in the park, outdoor art show , outdoor movie, fall festival or winter Christmas parade
    Group events like family reunion, bridal shower ,baby shower , graduation , funerals , shelter in place for bad storms, Thanksgiving with family, Christmas with family
    Hair Salons
    Lemonade stands in front yards during the summer
    Longer pregnancy and periods
    Daycares that you actually physically have to take your kids to if your working
    Related sims remember each other and know they are related... Cousins aunts uncles children parents etc.
    Burglary
    Actual steps to follow if your sims want a real wedding and not a elopement.. Dress shopping, save the dates etc.
    Bed and Breakfasts at least on in each town for sims vacationing
  • MrJamesNguyenMrJamesNguyen Posts: 1 New Member
    If nobody has said it yet but, TRANSPORTATION. From owning a car to taking public transportation etc.
  • JessaMareeJessaMaree Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi there here are my suggestions to improve the game:

1. Story mode for consoles

The Sims were much more engaging when there was a story to play. It gave the game purpose beyond 'freeplay'. The Sims, Sims 2 and Sims 2 Castaway were stimulating because they added dimension to the game. Stories are engaging and are arguably the most compelling concepts that engage an audience, that's why these previous games are so memorable. Please consider adding a story mode to the base game or future base games for console to create a memorable point of difference - Sims 3 and 4 feel repetitive and as though the same game blurs into two.

2. Memory system

The memory system was an exciting concept from the Sims 2 PC because it helped the player create their own stories. It gave players a chance to write their Sims own lives to reflect upon, because as mentioned before, storytelling is the most memorable way to engage players.

3. The game is too 'PG'

Sims used to be cheeky and incorporate crude and dark humor in a way where it wasn't obvious. It was fun, exciting and kept players engaged. Elements such as the dancer in the cake from Sims House Party PC, the creepy clown, weird prank calls, scary burgular music etc made the Sims the Sims. It feels as though the game is catered towards young children. I've been playing the Sims for about 20 years now and its beginning to feel as though it no longer caters for my age group and am starting to feel excluded from the franchise.

4. Multiplayer

Online and offline. I miss being able to play Sims with my family at home. It would be nice to reconnect with friends via online multiplayer functions too, especially during this pandemic. A multiplayer story mode option would create opportunity for collaboration along with making the game a more memorable experience that we get to share with others.

5. Consider third person view for consoles

The Console version of the game feels cut and paste from the PC version. It doesn't feel like the franchise is willing to go to the next level of effort to give a new generation of players something memorable and an exciting point of difference. Deviating from the cookie cutter version of the Sims we have been receiving for years now may engage a whole new audience and bring some new excitement back into the Sims. Maybe consider something completely different and reintroduce a console version of the base game where we get to experience the game from a third person view? This way we are more connected with our Sims and actually feel like we 'are' the Sims rather than being their controllers or 'Gods' if you will.

Thanks for your consideration. These are my honest views about how the base game could be more exciting and inclusive for everyone.

Jess x
  • CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    I'm a Historical Player, and Due to the State of the game (Lack of depth, or challenge, and great CC) I'll stay that way with my run of TS4. We should have the option for modern play, optional cellphones, landlines. The fake Cars...the FX is killing me, we don't have them in the game, so why is the FX everywhere, it ruins my simple, historical immersion. Simple living trait was great, but it's annoying to see these unusable (doors sealed shut) Leggo Looking cars everywhere, They look like oversized toys, and not like something that is even implied to be a real/future object. We have to do everything (No story progression) and micro manage, and we can barely shape the small cardboard cutout world around us.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited August 2021
    I'll include this here because I think having this as base game could open up new gameplay and improve existing gameplay features: Other ground-sitting positions.

The main go-to positions for sims sitting on the ground, is on their knees.
    p0CngWL.png

While this has worked well for many scenarios, I feel like we're missing out on some opportunities because we have no other variant.

The two biggest examples are portable laptops we can use anywhere other than a table surface, and picnics on the ground.

More variants mean more gameplay situations. More options means greater depth :)
    oUnybwH.png

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2021
    Higher level of challenge and depth in the Base Game would look like for you is sorry in advance does involve some crossover of wishlist items.

So for the game to feel deeper for me I need much deeper storytelling and for the Sims to reflect on past lore and expand their current lore. Like Johnney Zest's story should be expanded upon. Caliente family should have their alien roots back and basically would love to see all premades look like natural people rather than just the silicon valley look of plastic surgery. Pretty much would love to see the continuation of inclusion with future content and last year was a good start. Careers and aspirations also feel too easy and repetitive. There isn't really a risk for them and honestly having an aspiration failure system would help out a lot. With the pandemic happening, I would like all careers to have a work from home option too since it looks like that is going to be our new reality. School feels too easy and there isn't really an option for when kids fail to send them to private school or military school. I am hoping there will be a future EP to expand upon an active system more for that.

Pretty much there needs to be a balance risk to everything including skills. I know with the Sims 1 there was a chance to lose skill points if they picked the wrong career choice. Always felt wrong with notifications being masculine focus, so keeping it gender neutral across the board would help a lot with storytelling. I love the idea of lot challenges, so would love to have depth of that for negative traits for Sims and have food traits have their own category. Photo management is unorganized and well a challenge in itself, so I would love to be able to sort photos by save and household and have a memory system closer to the Sims 2, but manageable like the movie Inside Out of option to remove memories if we it to.

I am honestly confused by the direction of the Sims 4. I know it started off as an online game, then a Kim Kardasian game inspired it, and as of last year an escape of reality, but honestly it feels like the Sims 4 is having an identity crisis. Like if it was an escape from reality well then it wouldn't feel so much like a reality show and have more fantasy elements and stories in it including supernaturals. Sugarcoating the game hasn't helped it in the 7 years I have played it so I feel like adding challenge and depth would help with adding drama to the game rather than Simmers getting that fix on social media and on forums. Simmers like to be challenged both in creative and storytellng and gameplay. Even CAS could use some challenging tools with it to let Simmers express themselves more with. Vacation worlds it would be nice to convert them to residential lots for Sims to live at.

I find Whims boring and too easy and predictable. I loved the wants and fear systems and would love to see a more balance system like that. Family trees also feel too shallow and could use a big overhaul on to make it have deeper and more meaningful relationships. Interactions I can say feel cold and with the pandemic it does feel like all Sims have covid and don't want to touch each other with interactions. At that rate they might as well bring masks with the Sims 4. I would like to see a closeness and warmness of interactions especially on the couch, hot tubs, and beds. I would love to see Sims cuddle in bed and dream and snore and do funny movements on each other during sleep like a hand on their spouse's face.

Transportation still needs an overhaul on and I would love to be able to use the existing boats and jet skis and bikes to travel to different lots. I would love to see bikes for different ages including tricycles. I feel like Sims are mostly trapped indoors with activities too and with the lot sizes being so small and the worlds being small, Sims feel trapped in a shallow world like the Truman Show. I would love to have more creative reign with choosing my lot sizes at least especially as more and more packs come out and Sims start feeling cramped by them. I would love to have the voting item in Eco Lifestyle be removed from neighborhood and be a placeable object on community lots.

NPCs still need to be expanded upon especially with risk ones like cops and robbers. Social worker needs to be a Sim NPC instead of the alien beam of light interaction and I think all NPCs deserve to have transportation. I would like to see the return of school buses and carpools with a newer version of taxis with an uber system. Things like playing taxes, taking out loans, a banking, and investing system I think would be a nice addition to the amazing existing bill system. Story progression toggle would help too with storytelling so Sims won't get pregnant when rotating saves and generate on their own.

Life stages need expanding on beyond just the YA/Adult focus of the game. Babies being objects have been buggy since the beginning of the game, so they need overhauling anyway and I would like babies be a real life stage and genetics tied to their parents. It would be nice for toddlers to have not only more CAS, but ways to earn skills through gameplay and outdoor and group activities for them. Daycare would be nice for them. Children and teens need more outdoor and group activities too and gameplay and playgrounds. It would be nice for them to have imagination skill happen when they make believe with each other. Teens need some growing pains and learning to shave and chocolate cravings and sneaking out for parties. I wouldn't mind more consequences for teens and teaching them to slow dance and drive. Elders need retirement/care homes, ways to improve their energy with group water exercise and activities and yoga. Elders passing on skills and mannerisms and knowledge to their children and grandchildren would be nice too. CAS has far too much feminine content, so would be nice to have a balance of neutral and masculine CAS options.

Now for my final one, disability representation. So reason why supernaturals were always important to me is because after reading a Midsummer Night's Dream as instructed by my home school teacher, I didn't feel as alone as a differently abled Simmer. Supernaturals always felt like the underdog of the series, so I can relate to that and not feeling wanted by the world. Why it has been so important to me to request their representation because like comics like Marvel you have these everyday fantasy characters living normal lives and that is what I loved about the Sims games. I would love for existing supernaturals like spellcasters, aliens, and mermaids to have more depth to them. Mermaids were always know for being an evil creature with pirates and sailors, so I would like that lore and challenge reflected more with them and well for them to be able to drown Sims by luring them. Aliens I would love to have a residential world for them to live at, so I would love Sixam expanded upon more with zero gravity lot effect and residential lot spaces. I would love spellcasters to have a residential world space for them to live too. I would like past supernaturals like fairies, werewolves, and zombies to return and to get rid of all temp states for supernaturals and give them deeper gameplay. PlantSims should be converted to a life stage and influence gardening more. I would love to have carnivals and superheros represent disabilities more as well as have a different trait section for them. Like a love for supernaturals and superheroes and a hate trait for them. I would love to have flame thrower canes and rocket wheelchairs and prosthetics. Traits like divergent thinker, distracted, phobias like hydrophobic and technophobic, dissociative, derealization, spoonie, pyromania, and defiant. Vitiligo and heterochromia would be nice additions too.

I think that is it. Thanks again for doing this and seen the positive results play out after these, so very happy to see these return.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SonariSonari Posts: 2 New Member
    Sul sul!

First of all, thank you for putting together a place where we can easily give feedback and suggestions. I just want to make sure you know that this is appreciated. I've read through some of the posts made here, and I love so many of the ideas here; I hope at least a few of them are implemented in the future. Although I've logged thousands of hours playing the game, I think it's important to note that the basis for most of these suggestions is my memory of my first few hours playing. The half dozen times I said to myself, “Oh, the game doesn't do that? That's disappointing,” is what I'll be trying to address.

Now, on to my suggestions:

[b]1. Game Progression:[/b] This is absolutely my number one most important item. It's been said before, but the game gets stale when there is nothing happening that you don't make happen. Here is what game progression would look like for me:
    [i] - Work/Finance:[/i] NPCs can autonomously rise through careers, gain skills (those necessary to progress in careers especially) and receive wages for working and pay bills weekly.
    [i]- Love/Family:[/i] NPCs can autonomously start dating, break up, get engaged, marry, divorce, have children, and adopt children or pets.
    [i] - Moving:[/i] NPCs can autonomously move lots or move out of their family home when becoming young adults.
    [i]- School:[/i] NPCs with certain traits should do better or worse in school. Sims should be able to autonomously enter University, get degrees, graduate, and get careers in the field they studied.

[b]2. More Interesting Genetics:[/b] This hasn't been mentioned much, but it would add an indescribable amount of motivation to continue playing households past one or two generations.
    [i]- Dominant/Recessive Traits:[/i] Genetics in the Sims 4 are absurdly simplistic to the point that they're just boring. I would like to see dominant/recessive genes so that children and grandchildren can have more interesting hair and eye colors.
    [i]- Freckles:[/i] Sims aren't EVER born with freckles, and you have to cheat to give them freckles. Also, if a toddler with freckles ages up, the freckles disappear. I would like to see freckles become a genetic trait that is automatically transferred through every life stage.
    [i]- Glasses:[/i] I would love to see poor vision/glasses become genetic as well, and have every outfit on a sim with glasses duplicate the same pair of glasses.
    [i]- Trait Influence: [/i]I would probably care more about sim and spouse traits if they affected the traits of the next generation. I would love to see a system where children who are aging up have a slightly higher chance of having traits of their parents (or influenced by their parents or upbringing in some way).

[b]3. More Restrictions: [/b]I would love to see any of the following:
    [i]- Consequences for Failing School: [/i]Low-performing students or sims who have been fired should be unable to work in certain careers. For example, only an A student might be accepted as an aspiring astronaut. I think that it would be even better to lock certain careers without a university degree in the field. Perhaps it could be reversed by excelling in one of the part-time jobs or freelance careers.
    [i] - Pay Fees: [/i]I would love to see a system where you have to have a membership to use a gym (maybe add 200 simoleons a week to bills?), or pay an entrance fee to travel to a museum (maybe 50 simoleons per visit?). I would also like this to be substantially higher for visits to other worlds. I hate that no matter where my sims live, every sims experience feels the same because they can travel anywhere with no barrier or consequence.

[b]4. CAS: [/b]CAS is pretty good. There are just a few small things that could make gameplay more fun and interesting. There are also a few pesky issues that make CAS irritating, and addressing those problems could certainly improve the overall experience.
    [i]- Pay For Clothing:[/i] Some clothes (like sequined ballgowns) could be more expensive. This would give households a place to spend excess funds, which are almost always a problem past the first generation.
    [i]- More Relationships in CAS:[/i] We should be able to set sims as dating and engaged at the very least.
    [i]-Renaming Babies:[/i] There's currently no easy way to rename babies. I hate being forced to wait until a baby named something weird like “Guy Butcher” becomes a toddler to give him a reasonable name.
    [i]- Save Styled Looks:[/i] Sometimes I just want my sim to be wearing the same thing no matter the weather or occasion. I would like to be able to do this more easily.

[b]5. Cataclysmic Disasters/Unexpected Events:[/b] I would love a few more things that are out of my control in the game. A little random disaster goes a long way in making the game more engaging.
    [i]- Random Events:[/i] Sims should be able to be randomly fired from their jobs, have to move, pay unexpected fines, have items stolen, have banks hacked and lose funds, random break-ups, etc. Basically, I want a very small chance that at any moment, I will have to start over completely from scratch. Obviously, these should not be common, and I think it might be wise to have an option to turn these off.
    [i] - House Fires:[/i] I think it needs to be possible to lose your entire house in a fire. As it stands, a fire might result in some furniture lost and maybe a sim dying. I would like it to be possible, if a fire burns long enough, for the entire structure to be lost along with anyone still inside. This would force sims to start over completely.
    [i]- Unexpected Pregnancy:[/i] HEAR ME OUT ON THIS. It would be nice to be able to decrease the chance to conceive when using the try for baby interaction. I think it would add to suspense and anticipation in the game if you genuinely don't have complete control over exactly when your sims expand their families.

[b]6. Memories/Legacies:[/b] I don't have as much reason to care about my sims or what happens to them if I don't have some way of recording and looking back on what their life has been. I would love to see some way to remember/immortalize sim's stories in a fun intuitive way.
    [i] - Family Pictures:[/i] I would love to be able to have my sims order full-household or partial-household family photos that they can hang on the walls. Photos of 2 sims, which must be taken by a member of the same household is just not cutting it for me.
    [i] - Memories:[/i] I never played Sims 2 or 3, but it seems like we need SOMETHING like this. Maybe a scrapbook with photos from the most important moments in a sim's life? I'm just terrible at remembering to take them or I take too many and get bogged down, so it should probably be an automatic thing, unlike reminiscing.
    [i] - Graveyard:[/i] We should really have some place to visit graves without having ghosts interrupt regular sims. I would like to be able to access a list of information about deceased sims, including: education, maxed skills, jobs held, aspirations completed, etc. here as well as in the family tree.
    [i] - Notebook: [/i]I think that especially with the notebook update, it would be a great way to use a tool that's already in place in the game to track things in sims's lives. For example, they could have a section about books that they've read, or minerals that they've studied (and pertinent information about elements extracted from those minerals).

I understand that many of the things that we'd like to see may not happen, but I hope that at least some of these find their way into the Sims 4 at some point. Best of luck, and thank you again for reaching out for feedback!
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Hey, sims team! the are so many amazing ideas in the comments. A lot of the simmers here seemingly want the same things. I do have something I'd like to say, DON'T BE AFRAID TO TAKE A RISK! lol What happened to that risky team from TS2's time where things were raunchy and sim has so much personality? Where the emotions were real and memories were heartfelt? We miss the little things that made our game special to us and that is why you see us quoting the game time and time again. The game was ambitious and risky and SUCCESSFUL! like they use to say, "If it ain't broke don't fix it". I'm putting the last bit of hope that something will be done to utilize the unused potential this game has always had. I'm at a loss because even with things like this I feel like there is still not a strong outcome from it all. So please don't break our hearts again.. Some of us won't come back. As some of us have already left and won't come back.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • SonariSonari Posts: 2 New Member
    Sul sul!

First of all, thank you for putting together a place where we can easily give feedback and suggestions. I just want to make sure you know that this is appreciated. I've read through some of the posts made here, and I love so many of the ideas here; I hope at least a few of them are implemented in the future. Although I've logged thousands of hours playing the game, I think it's important to note that the basis for most of these suggestions is my memory of my first few hours playing. The half dozen times I said to myself, “Oh, the game doesn't do that? That's disappointing,” is what I'll be trying to address.

Now, on to my suggestions:

1. Game Progression: This is absolutely my number one most important item. It's been said before, but the game gets stale when there is nothing happening that you don't make happen. Here is what game progression would look like for me:
    - Work/Finance: NPCs can autonomously rise through careers, gain skills (those necessary to progress in careers especially) and receive wages for working and pay bills weekly.
    - Love/Family: NPCs can autonomously start dating, break up, get engaged, marry, divorce, have children, and adopt children or pets.
    - Moving: NPCs can autonomously move lots or move out of their family home when becoming young adults.
    - School: NPCs with certain traits should do better or worse in school. Sims should be able to autonomously enter University, get degrees, graduate, and get careers in the field they studied.

2. More Interesting Genetics: This hasn't been mentioned much, but it would add an indescribable amount of motivation to continue playing households past one or two generations.
    - Dominant/recessive traits: Genetics in the Sims 4 are absurdly simplistic to the point that they're just boring. I would like to see dominant/recessive genes so that children and grandchildren can have more interesting hair and eye colors.
    - Freckles: Sims aren't EVER born with freckles, and you have to cheat to give them freckles. Also, if a toddler with freckles ages up, the freckles disappear. I would like to see freckles become a genetic trait that is automatically transferred through every life stage.
    - Glasses: I would love to see poor vision/glasses become genetic as well, and have every outfit on a sim with glasses duplicate the same pair of glasses.
    - Trait Influence: I would probably care more about sim and spouse traits if they affected the traits of the next generation. I would love to see a system where children who are aging up have a slightly higher chance of having traits of their parents (or influenced by their parents or upbringing in some way).

3. More Restrictions: I would love to see any of the following:
    - Consequences for Failing School: Low-performing students or sims who have been fired should be unable to work in certain careers. For example, only an A student might be accepted as an aspiring astronaut. I think that it would be even better to lock certain careers without a university degree in the field. Perhaps it could be reversed by excelling in one of the part-time jobs or freelance careers.
    - Pay Fees: I would love to see a system where you have to have a membership to use a gym (maybe add 200 simoleons a week to bills?), or pay an entrance fee to travel to a museum (maybe 50 simoleons per visit?). I would also like this to be substantially higher for visits to other worlds. I hate that no matter where my sims live, every sims experience feels the same because they can travel anywhere with no barrier or consequence.

4. CAS: CAS is pretty good. There are just a few small things that could make gameplay more fun and interesting. There are also a few pesky issues that make CAS irritating, and addressing those problems could certainly improve the overall experience.
    - Pay For Clothing: Some clothes (like sequined ballgowns) could be more expensive. This would give households a place to spend excess funds, which are almost always a problem past the first generation.
    - More Relationships in CAS: We should be able to set sims as dating and engaged at the very least.
    -Renaming Babies: There's currently no easy way to rename babies. I hate being forced to wait until a baby named something weird like “Guy Butcher” becomes a toddler to give him a reasonable name.
    - Save Styled Looks: Sometimes I just want my sim to be wearing the same thing no matter the weather or occasion. I would like to be able to do this more easily.

5. Cataclysmic Disasters/Unexpected Events: I would love a few more things that are out of my control in the game. A little random disaster goes a long way in making the game more engaging.
    - Random Events: Sims should be able to be randomly fired from their jobs, have to move, pay unexpected fines, have items stolen, have banks hacked and lose funds, random break-ups, etc. Basically, I want a very small chance that at any moment, I will have to start over completely from scratch. Obviously, these should not be common, and I think it might be wise to have an option to turn these off.
    - House Fires: I think it needs to be possible to lose your entire house in a fire. As it stands, a fire might result in some furniture lost and maybe a sim dying. I would like it to be possible, if a fire burns long enough, for the entire structure to be lost along with anyone still inside. This would force sims to start over completely.
    - Unexpected Pregnancy: HEAR ME OUT ON THIS. It would be nice to be able to decrease the chance to conceive when using the try for baby interaction. I think it would add to suspense and anticipation in the game if you genuinely don't have complete control over exactly when your sims expand their families.

6. Memories/Legacies: I don't have as much reason to care about my sims or what happens to them if I don't have some way of recording and looking back on what their life has been. I would love to see some way to remember/immortalize sim's stories in a fun intuitive way.
    - Family Pictures: I would love to be able to have my sims order full-household or partial-household family photos that they can hang on the walls. Photos of 2 sims, which must be taken by a member of the same household is just not cutting it for me.
    - Memories: I never played Sims 2 or 3, but it seems like we need SOMETHING like this. Maybe a scrapbook with photos from the most important moments in a sim's life? I'm just terrible at remembering to take them or I take too many and get bogged down, so it should probably be an automatic thing, unlike reminiscing.
    - Graveyard: We should really have some place to visit graves without having ghosts interrupt regular sims. I would like to be able to access a list of information about deceased sims, including: education, maxed skills, jobs held, aspirations completed, etc. here as well as in the family tree.
    - Notebook: I think that especially with the notebook update, it would be a great way to use a tool that's already in place in the game to track things in sims's lives. For example, they could have a section about books that they've read, or minerals that they've studied (and pertinent information about elements extracted from those minerals).

I understand that many of the things that we'd like to see may not happen, but I hope that at least some of these find their way into the Sims 4 at some point. Best of luck, and thank you again for reaching out for feedback!
  • Hcla25239028Hcla25239028 Posts: 22 Member
    1 : cars
    Please include cars in the game or some form of public sim transportation like... Tramway track to get around within a neighborhood or individual worlds. Sims could use it to go to work, meet up with friends for actives or even ride it together as a group.
    #2 : shopping
    A local grocery store or weekend farmers market where you can get fresh ingredients. This could be used so many ways. Think a after school job for teens, a way for sims to shop for fresh veggies or pick up a birthday present or Christmas gift for someone. Not to mention running into their friends or stumbling into their ex while out and about.. ackward!
    #3 : simple weather
    some simple seasons/weather like Rain in the spring, leaves falling and winding days in the fall, a bit of snow in the winter. You don't have to add the complete seasons pack but enough to make the game feel more realistic. You could do a separate mini pack for severe weather like blizzards, tornadoes, sand storms etc.
    #5 : work
    include some sort of get to work and dine out theme within the base game. Something that allows you to follow your sim to work and complete task that help them achieve there aspirations within the base game. You could pick a few jobs for base game that would allow this.. Police, business, artist in the park teaching at a high school, waiter or cook at a restaurant /bar/cafe, cashier at a grocery store, retail store or cafe to start. Then later expand to add more interesting jobs with activities in another pack.. Model, doctor, scientist, politician, act etc. This will allow people to actively be involved with their sims jobs more as well as give give them more chances to get out with sim friends for dinner or shopping.
    #6 : realistic sims
    more complex sim characters through feelings, memories and family relationships / events. Example would be the ability to have family reunions, graduations , bridal shows ,baby showers even shelter in place during bad storms . Grandparents volunteering to watch the grandkids or even have them spend the night. The ability for sims to recognize related sims, 2nd cousins, aunts & uncles etc.
    #7 : A mini storyline option.
    At the beginning of the game the players have the choice to do free play or storyline. If they pick free play they are free to go on as usual with the game if they pick storyline there could be a short storyline in which allows your player to really be involved in the story behind the world or characters within. At the end of the storyline if they complete it they could unlock hidden items or a mini vacation world. There could also be quest throughout that fall into the storyline that are optional to take and complete. #8:world travel
    semi open world that would allow sims to move throught the world or neighborhood they are in without a loading screen for easier screen play. If by chance a person wanted to jump from say Sulani to Windenburg or Oasis Springs then their would be a loading screen but to move within sulani there wouldn't be.

#8 I think there should be options when buys a house or apartment.
    Example:
    Buy furnished
    Buy unfurnished ( the house / apartment still comes with a complete kitchen and bathrooms )
    Buy unfinished ( this would just be a house shell. You would have to buy everything including kitchen and bathroom )
    Buy with loan
    Rent :
    •month to month
    • 6 months
    •1year.
    •Shared rental

#9 Jobs ideas
    The sims is in need of more job opportunities besides cook, writer, business etc. Here are a few examples:
    Cosmetologist
    Real Estate Agents/Brokers
    Dental Assistant
    Health Aides
    Archaeologists
    Architect
    Travel agent
    art conservator
    Private Tutor
    Teacher
    Principal
    News anchor
    Homemaker
    Nanny
    Butler
    Assistant / secretary
    Store manager
    City manager
    Gym instructor
    And the list goes on.. Also these should be filled with local seems giving you the chance to see them while they are on the job and vice verse.
    #10 Other:
    The ability to mow your lawn
    Put up and take out dishes and cookware
    Open closet shelving to make a walk in closet where your sim can actually walk inside and contemplate a outfit.
    Teen babysitters that actually babysit and the option for a nanny and butler for our wealthy sims
    Bikes
    Open neighborhoods / downtown area
    Pop up events in the park like jazz in the park, outdoor art show , outdoor movie, fall festival or winter Christmas parade

Everything I mentioned here is in regards to the base game. These things can be updated gradually like regular updates not all at once. Many other games are continually doing major updates like these gradually and it makes the players feel like having a good baasgame is just as important to the company making it as it is to the players playing it. The better the base game the more players will keep coming back for more...

Thank you for opening the form for feedback!
  • GalaxyScooterGalaxyScooter Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey sims team! Thanks so much for gathering info on how you could improve the sims 4! I absolutely love this game but there are a few things I think could be improved.

[b]PERSONALITY[/b]
    I absolutely love create-a-sim in the sims 4 but I feel as though I find myself using the same traits over and over again! I miss when there were points to indicate HOW neat or sloppy the sims were, rather then just saying they are neat. I’m currently playing a mean and evil sim but I feel like they are just as nice as my good sim. I wish my sims were a bit more autonomous and that the traits impacted them more. One way I feel like they could be a little bit more unique is if you guys brought back wants and fears! I’m sure you have people bring it up all the time but I am really passionate on bringing back fears especially. Fears could tie in very nicely with emotions.

Example: fear of drowning, your sim would get scared or anxious when near a large body of water and might not go in if you tell them to. It would actually effect the fact that your sim doesn’t actually WANT to go swimming.

[b]LORE[/b]
    I’m so happy you guys are considering fixing the lore in the sims 4. In the past games my FAVORITE thing about the game was the lore. I loved how it affected how you played the sims and how they would already be friends or enemies with other sims! That way it feels like they were already there rather then just randomly being created, and it’s absolutely amazing when you see them autonomously being rude or nice to other sims depending on there relationship status! I feel as though in the sims 2 memories were very fun to look through and discover pre made sims secrets and past. I know that it might be quite hard to implement memories now but I really hope you would consider something of the sort! I also do really love sentiments but I wish they lasted longer rather then being gone every time I went back to playing that household after playing with a different one for a while.

[b]RELATIONSHIPS[/b]
    As of right now I feel like sims 4 relationships are just kinda awkward. They almost won’t do anything romantic with there partner/partners unless you tell them too which can become very annoying if you just want to see your cute sims be wholesome without you forcing them too. I wish there was more implementation for other animations. Like cuddling while watching tv, or in bed, or after they had just woohooed, or even when they get home from work just a cute kiss or hug would be nice!

[b]CHALLENGES[/b]
    one thing I’ve always found too easy is going from having 0 simoleons to 100,000 in a matter of days. Some jobs pay nothing, but then simple hobbies pay tons for a few minutes of in game time. Another thing that I feel like you could add to bring more challenge to the game would be more diseases or worse illnesses. Maybe even genetic problems like heart disease would bring more challenge. One thing that I feel like is getting old at this point is ALL my sims dying of old age (unless I take out the pool ladder). I wish being an elder sims was more random. Like instead of there being a specific date when they pass away it would just be a mystery almost like when your sim is in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy you don’t know when they will be in labor, but instead of a new life joining the world it would be an old life leaving the world. And when they pass away I would LOVE if there stuff was passed down to the closest relative. It gets very tedious having my parent sims gifting there whole inventory to the child. Or maybe to make it more spicy you could have your parent sims sign a will on who would get the stuff.

Sorry for the rant, I’m pretty sure I went off topic for a bit but oh well, it’s very late where I am so sorry for the bad Grammer and spelling. Thanks for taking the time to read my feedbacks thanks sims team!
  • SymmaGeSymmaGe Posts: 1 New Member
    Sul Sul Sims Team!

As an old-school simmer back when The Sims was the game and played the many iterations I have seen much improvement in Sims 4 but it also falters a bit. CAS is amazing the VERY best out of the series, it's been so fun seeing other player creations, and the build mode is phenomenal! Now, in my opinion, Sims 4 is lacking in the challenges present in the past games. Jobs, in the past, we had to check daily for new job postings, had to stay in good with coworkers, if we performed poorly or missed work too many times we were fired. We can't even get fired in the Sims 4 just demoted. I would want my sim to be fired if they missed so many days and demoted for other reasons. It's way too easy to climb to the top in this game. Also, job interviews would have been a great addition to add to the challenge but anyway.

The addition of likes and dislikes and sentiments are in the right direction of what we've been begging to have in the game. All of the sims felt no different than others. Just different bodies and clothes. Their traits to me still do not affect how the sims behave. Grumpy or Angry sims still smile during friendly conversations. Two sims just finished throwing blows in a puff of smoke and they're both smiling and having a conversation as if it never happened. I would expect them both to have an angry face and confrontational stance instead of “Oh yea did you see how I threw that punch and hit you, you were awesome at roughing up my face too, good job friend”. That’s the energy I get from it. Even after a big fight or argument, my sim can be enemies with another or angry but my sim has no effect from it. Just smiling away and chatting with that sim as if nothing is wrong and it's quite frustrating because it breaks the immersion.

Relationships are also a thing that is lacking. There is no attraction system, single townies don’t even date each other they just exist. I would love to see another sim proposing to another at a community lot or get an invitation from a townie’s to their wedding where guests actually sit down and watch the wedding happen instead of aimlessly roaming, eating, and doing pushups/sit-ups in the middle of the ceremony. I do enjoy the random sim behavior but there’s a time and place man. Also, Sims can’t even slow dance to romantic music. The Romance in the game is what’s lacking for sure and needs a refresher. Make it harder to date, one-sided crushes, autonomous asking to go on dates from another townie, and if a sim cheats let the rumor mill spread it around town so that there is a possibility to learn about it via random townie or friend sim. The drama is missing in the game. I understand yall wanted to give us full control over our worlds but sometimes too much control is a bit boring. I personally like the random occurrences.

Venues also stay open 24/7, with the introduction of Get To Work we got the opportunity to run our own businesses and that was AWESOME, but why aren't there any options to set venue/business open and closed days and times? When running a business especially a restaurant, we get so caught up in running the business that it will run ALL day, hired sims would leave or die from exhaustion. I've stopped running businesses just because of this.

Foxes can steal, but we don't have sim burglars. We also have a career dedicated to crime but crime doesn't happen in-game, we have no hospitals and injuries, no police to catch burglars, firefighters arrive on foot instead of by firetruck, no alternative schools for kids and teens no option for uniforms, teens have nothing special about them, they're just clones of young adults. No proms, graduations, sleepovers. Sims 4 lacks mainly in the family gameplay as well as in different playing options for the individual life stages. Everything is geared towards young adult gameplay. A good chunk of your player fanbase have requested more family geared content and I do see you giving some facets of it but there's still a lot more missing. The fact that you're trying says plenty so I am grateful at least for that.

The emotions system is erratic. Sims can experience the death of a loved one, but get super happy because they're in a well-decorated room, or is a sim just witnessed their significant other cheating and slaps the cheater....the sim is smiling afterward. The face and emotion do not match the situation and it again breaks the immersion. This system needs major tuning.

All in all, thank you for allowing us to just throw it all out there. Can't wait to see what new updates are in store.
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    edited August 2021
    Sul Sul!

First of all, thank you for providing us Sims players with a platform to voice our opinions and concerns, it is greatly appreciated. I'm a huge fan of the series, and I've played all iterations of the game from Sims 1 to Sims 4. However, there is one issue that has persisted through all of the games, and that is my inability to clearly see the pictures in the gallery and build/buy sections. Is there a way to implement a magnification element, so that when we select an item or hover our mouse over it, it will enlarge or magnify the picture to see it better? This would be a huge help to myself and other vision impaired players.

One more thing - Relationships should be more in-depth and difficult to maintain. As it is now, if your sims are cheated on, they'll get a momentary anger buff then 10 seconds later, it is replaced by a happy buff and friendly autonomous interactions between your sim and the offending sim. This is unrealistic and unsatisfactory, especially when cheating should have a huge negative impact on the relationship followed by some major consequences such as - arguing, crying, anger lasting for more than a few sims minutes, autonomous break-ups, and autonomous divorce. There should be some menu choices available that will allow the player to work towards mending the broken relationship over time.

Lastly - Please add a separate menu for family interactions. Currently when I want to communicate with family members, I have to search through all of the "friendly", "funny", "mischievous", and "mean" menu options to find the ones that I want when it would be easier just to have a separate menu on the pie wheel that encapsulates all of the family-based interactions in one place.

Once again, thank you for reaching out to the Sims community and giving us this opportunity to voice our opinions! :smiley:

Dag Dag!
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited August 2021
    Finances: Loans and Mortgages

Want to move into the house of your dreams but can't afford it? Don't cheat! Get a Mortgage - a loan you have to repay with interest.

How?
    A sim household attempts to move into a house from map view: Pop up: You can't afford this! Would you like to set up a Mortgage Account?

A new interaction on the computer and phone called Mortgage is now available. A minimum must be met, but the sim can then pay any amount they wish. Transfers from household funds (similar to retail system).

Why? Instant gratification can be fun, but consequences can provide challenge. This allows a little of both.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Hi Devs, thank you so much for the beautiful Windenburg & Henford Worlds, very much appreciated.
    Now onto the base, the red hair colors needs deep dark red & strawberry blond as well as the miscellanious colors needs more colors. The Plantsim needs to be a permanent Lifestate sim. Also in the Base, there needs to be the Spiral Stairs because they take only 4 grids not 6 or 7, plus cats & toddlers can't use the ladders at all. As for Challenges in the Base, there needs to be a Burgular NPC, Burgular Alarm & Burgular Challange Lot Trait. Furthermore, please release the poor Babies from being an object. And please, please stop the random sims & random situation unattractive outfits. Oh, & can you please change that eyeball ring to a pretty jewel ring, pretty please. Thank you for your attention. ;)
  • pekeniaxpekeniax Posts: 7 New Member
    For depth:

- I would love to have whims updated, It's the closest we have to wants/fears and it gives some sort of guide to what our sims want and helps us create a story around that.

- Sentiments are really nice, but they should make a bigger impact on relationships, for example I had 2 sisters and sister A was mean to sister B. Sister B had a "sad" sentiment towards sister A, but it wasn't reflected on the interactions menu. It would make much more sence if they couldn't do some interactions depending on the sentiments + feelings, like when a sim is really sad or uncomfortable they can't flirt, so if a sim has a bad sentiment towards another sim then they shouldn't be able to do friendly interactions except apologizing until things improve.

- Also, some sentiments sould last longer, for example if a couple breaks up because one of them cheated, those bad sentiments sould be always there unless there's something done about it, like becoming friends again or a reconciliation. And the feelings should match the sentiments, so if one sim sees their ex then he/she/they should feel sad/uncomfortable/angry and override the current feelings until they are no longer near each other.

- Some feelings override others when they souldn't, for example if a sim is sad because someone died they become really happy/focused/inspired just by doing something really simple like vacuuming, it doesn't make much sence.

- When a sim dies, only those who where close to him/her/they should be sad, and the amount of time this feeling last should be equivalent to the relationship level (eg. lovers 1 week, best friends 5 days, friends 3 days, acquaintances 10-24 hours).

For challenge:

- Fires should be harder to put out.

- Relationships should develop slower (2 sims become friends just by taking 10-15 pictures together).
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited August 2021
    These changes would only further enhance my enjoyment of The Sims 4.

Relationships
    • I should not have to keep a Sim as a favorite so that they remember family members that don’t live in their household of those who are their significant other.
    • Typically, I’ll give my teens or single Sim a boyfriend or girlfriend. They should continue to build and maintain this relationship. They should show up places with each other instead of with some random Sim they don’t even know or who does not live in their household. I should see them out on dates at restaurants—I never see teens who I’ve placed in relationships at restaurants or other places together.

Pregnancy
    • Each trimester should last at least three weeks.
    • Mood swings, peeing a lot more, weight gain, food cravings and aversions; more body aches and pains.
    • Add pregnancy vitamins to help with symptoms.
    • Have Sims walk with significant other to help manage emotions and weight gain.
    • Interactions from significant other could either worsen the pregnant Sim’s mood or help.
    • Have significant other autonomously try to comfort the pregnant Sim.
    • Take out mood swings on significant other.

Emotions
    • Some emotions should last days.
    • Example: Sim cheats on significant other. Random call comes in from nosey busybody neighbor telling you they saw your significant other cheat. You invite a friend or relative over and they randomly tell you about the infidelity. Sims should go through a variety of extreme emotions for at least 7 days or longer – fits of crying, angry outburst, fear of the unknown, heartbreak. Sim should be able to kick the cheater out of their bed making them sleep on the couch or in the guest room. Repairing the relationship should take a very long time.
    • Memory/Relationship: Sim became aware of the cheating by one of the methods listed above. The Sim would then go to the hamper searching through the clothes. They find that Sim’s phone number then call them on the phone to tell them off. The Sim would then immediately dislike the Sim who cheated with their significant other after that phone call.
    • The Sim could look at a photo of them and their significant other and experience a range of emotions from happiness, sadness, rage, tension or fear. Perhaps the memories would cause uncontrollable crying because they miss those times. The cheater could come up to the Sim and try to console them and mend the relationship; yet, who knows if this will backfire on the Sim.
    • I like the Fine Emotion more than the Happy Emotion. The Happy Emotion should appear more often depending on the Emotional trait selected in CAS. Example: A Sim with the cheerful trait would have the Happy Emotion more but a Sim with the Gloomy trait would have the Fine Emotion rather than the Happy Emotion. This should be tweaked to reflect this better so that positive emotions don’t always dominate the negative ones and vice versa.

Babies
    • More interactions for caring for babies.
    • Cranky baby from teething: Sims could give them a Nuby Soothing Teething Mitten or something similar. Sometimes this helps and sometimes it doesn’t. You could simple show a baby thought bubble of them enjoying or not wanting the teething mitten or getting tired of it.
    • Perhaps you have the option to give them an Ice Teething Ring. If they keep it for too long the baby could turn blue because they are cold. But when you take it away, they turn back to their normal color. Or, they could get a Baby thought bubble of an ice cube or something which means you need to take the Ice Teething Ring away because they’ve had it for too long. Having them keep it would be neglect that would cause them to be taken away.
    • Consequences: If they are taken away, the parents would have to attend an all-day parenting class from 9 am to 5 pm and then the baby would be returned back to them.
    • When your baby returns, I think they should be fussier and more difficult to care for because they remember being taken away. Of course, you could end your agony by aging the baby up after a week. Yet, when they become a Toddler, they should be automatically assigned either the Fussy or Clingy Trait because they remember being taken away for a day.
    • If you are still neglectful and the baby is taken away for the third time, you would receive a funny notice letting you know that the baby has been adopted by another family. You can not get the baby back because you’ve failed as a parent. Before you could even attempt to have another baby, you would need to attend a rabbit hole parenting class for five days from 9 am to 5 pm.
    • Baby gets sick and Sim has to miss work to care for their baby for 8 hours during the day or waking up during the night because the baby has a fever, diarrhea or vomits.
    • Colic babies can last for 8 hours. Sims would have to make a special herb formula and feed it to the baby to end the colic. New interaction when they click on baby could be feed herb bottle.
    • Add a changing table that allows the baby to be moved from the crib to changing table where a Sim can care for such needs as sponging them off, changing their diaper, sprinkling sparkly power on them, playing with them.
    • Show the Baby thought bubbles for longer period of time so we know what is wrong with the Baby. Add more Baby thought bubbles.
    • Rocking chair near crib allows Sim rock baby to sleep. Once baby falls asleep, Sim would return them to their crib.
    • Have a baby monitor that shows the baby thought bubbles.
    • Helping Toddlers Adjust to New Baby:
    • Toddlers can be happy, sad, angry, or fearful because of new baby so Parents would have interactions such as: Reassure toddler of parents love by talking to them about new baby; reading them a story about how to be a big brother or sister; giving them special jobs such as picking up toys.
    • Toddlers could babble or talk to baby.
    • Toddlers who are angry about baby could destroy items in the house and have intense tantrums.
    • Happy Toddlers could possibly go to Sim and ask them about baby and/or ask Sim to pick them up so they can see the Baby.

Thank you and Happy Simming! :smiley:
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top