Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Are Your Favorite Packs? What Packs Do You Regret Purchasing?

Hi Simmers,

I was wondering what are your favorite packs from the Sims 4 and what packs do you regret purchasing? If any, I'd like to know. I would start with my favorite packs are Discover University, Island Living, City Living, Seasons, Parenthood, Movie Night, Toddler Stuff, & Laundry Day. A few other packs I like certain things about them. The only packs I regret purchasing are Realm of Magic and Strangerville. Also, Moschino is also one I didn't care to purchase, but the only thing about that pack I like is the freelance fashion photographer and the studio session.

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    My hands down favorites are Seasons, because that really brought the game to life, and now Cottage Living because I feel like it has really enhanced the whole game with the Simple Living lot challenge. It’s another level of realism and challenge and I just love it! I have all packs and I don’t regret any of them because each one has added to my game and I manage to find use for something from all of them at some point in my game play.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I don't regret buying anything, because I only buy the packs I really want and I know I will really use. However I regret buying City Living only on 30% off. I wish I have waited for 50% sale as I always do. My fav packs would be Get Together and Discover University from EPs, Spa Day and Jungle Adventure from GPs and Laundry Day and Knitting from SPs. They are all pretty much equal.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    My favourite pack is definitely Vampires. I also really love Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Parenthood, and Paranormal Stuff. I predict Cottage Living will become a favourite too once I play it.

I don't really regret purchasing any of the packs I own as I feel they have all added something to my gameplay. My least favourites though are probably Get Famous, Journey to Batuu, Strangerville, and Moschino Stuff. I have less interest in those themes and therefore do not play them as often.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Cats&Dogs is my favorite but Cottage Living might just knock it out of the top spot. Vampires is my least favorite.
  • 100LilDreams100LilDreams Posts: 34 Member
    my favourites are vampires, strangerville (mostly for the items and cas), cottage living, paranormal, island living, and nifty knitting

regret purchase are realm of magic, the gameplay was so lackluster i was really hoping for more with spellcasters and i felt it was a good opportunity to include playable fairies. there is also eco living, and thats only because the gameplay aspect only exists in that world, i was hoping if i lived in say willowcreek if we went green there we'd get the rainbows and stuff, and i was hoping city living had the industrial fog but sadly they do not.
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    Favorite packs in no particular order: Seasons, Parenthood, Cats & Dogs, Eco Lifestyle, Cottage Living

Least favorite: Strangerville (not a fan of story based pack style, has limited replay value and I don't use its content much across saves), Vampires (I'm just not into occults at all, although I do like the BB items), Realm of Magic for the same reason as Vampires.

Then there is the unmentionable pack and the only one I have no intention of ever purchasing or even adding to my game if they were giving it away for free... JTB
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I don’t regret buying any pack except maybe Tiny Living, but it’s only because I rarely let my Sims live in tiny homes, not really my type of builds and decor so I rarely use it. My favorite packs are Seasons, Vampires, City Living and Get Famous. Other packs I enjoy only for specific gameplay, for example when I know my Sim will go to University or become spellcaster. Vampires pack is also very specific and I’m not using it all the time, but the skill tree and weaknesses of vampires are just so well made that I always mention this pack.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    My favorites are Cats & Dogs, Cottage Living, island Living, Snowy Escape, Vampires and Jungle Adventure.
    I regret buying Eco Lifestyle and I don't like Dream Home Decorator but I bought it only for the build & buy items.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I don't regret buying any packs per say, as even if I don't use the main features, I usually find that I use atleast a little from each pack (even if it's just Build/Buy).

My favourites are:
    City Living: I love the apartments, the premade families, and the festivals.

Discover University: The setting is stunning and I like sending my Sims for walks around the campus. I also enjoy doing the degrees.

Dine Out: Eating out is one if my favourite activities in the Sims and I like to have atleast one restaurant in each world. My game wouldn't be the same without it!

Laundry Day: I don't often use the laundry feature, but I adore the Build/Buy and use at least one piece in every build.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    My favorites are Seasons and now Cottage Living has pushed me into a Sims obsession level I've never known. This pack is JUST SO AMAZING!!! I also adore things that came with Eco Lifestyle besides the NAPs and I love using the cheat to make certain places green because it's beautiful and then industrial cities. It really adds so much when you do that. As for least favorite packs I'd say Strangerville. I just despise the tedious gameplay and really hope we NEVER see such a story based pack ever hit the game again. I also don't really like Tiny Living. I don't find being forced into making small homes my thing and the objects I rarely use.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Seasons. I wish I could turn off the effect on plants. Yes, I can plant them indoors. But it's a huge PITA.

And the vampire on. We need a Vlad visitation opt out.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited July 2021
    Seasons. I wish I could turn off the effect on plants. Yes, I can plant them indoors. But it's a huge PITA.

And the vampire on. We need a Vlad visitation opt out.

You can disallow vampires in the "no trespassing" settings on the front door. :smile:
    (And, sorry to be off-topic, but I really like your username).
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited July 2021
    My favorite packs are Get Together, City Living, Get to Work, Strangerville, Cats and Dogs, Cottage Living, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, and Bowling Stuff. I wouldn’t love Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventure if I didn’t have a mod to live in those worlds. But with the mod, they are two of the best worlds in the game.

My least favorite are Seasons, Dine Out, Journey to Batuu, and Dream Home Decorator. I don’t regret buying them, but I really dislike weather in my game, and the second two are fairly useless. I haven’t bought Dream Home Decorator, but I probably will when I can get it for a cheap price.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I like most of the packs aside from any bugs and I've had a lot of fun with some of them.

Honestly I like the various family play packs since I do like playing happier families that do different things, it's just fun. I like the hobbies such as knitting and bowling. (I think the Bowling Night pack was underrated). Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Parenthood, etc, get a lot of play from me. I also like the acting career in Get Famous and replay it a lot. Even though I'd like a bigger Del Sol Valley, the community area is gorgeous. I re-did the house that didn't have toilets, I actually thought it was kind of funny like it was owned by a quirky owner.

More recently I have started creating specific sims other than my ongoing group and the pre-mades so that I have certain characters who are kind of based on the packs themselves. I have had a lot of fun with those.

I really don't like bugs that need to be addressed but I have seen a lot of improvements in the game. Most recently I have noticed sims autonomously performing for crowds at microphones which is fun and makes those spaces more interesting.

I don't really regret any. There are a few packs that I only picked up on sale after waiting a while but I have tended to play with almost anything. JtB is not my style and I really only got it very discounted but I think it is fun, I am just not that into the theme or highly directed play but I wouldn't get anything that I wouldn't use. Other than any bugs, I think the more recent packs are better than the early ones and I really like the travel-based packs.

Snowy Escape, Jungle Adventure, CoL, StrangerVille, Island Living - the world is so beautiful that I do replay it and think it is great. I like all of these. My sims like to travel and since I rotate, I change things up a lot but I make sure I am having fun. I think the biggest thing is to get a game going that you like and then add to it. If I weren't having fun, I wouldn't play it.

My playstyle is a mix of multi-generational. I do play with YAs and adults a lot. Sometimes I do family play but I change it up and might play a family with a lot of kids then play a carefree adult.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I really don't have a least favorite, but if I had to say it would be Star Wars: Journey to Batuu. Briefly checked it out, and haven't touched it since. Don't even use anything from it. Maybe one of these days, maybe. Many will say My First Pet stuff, but I got it and Cats and Dogs together for less than what it would have cost for just the Cats and Dog pack, so I'm not complaining there.

There are aspects of the other packs that I really love and just could not see with doing without once they were added. At the moment Country Living is gearing up to be my favorite. I really love everything about this pack, everything.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I finally got Cottage Living and it is rapidly becoming my favorite.
    In my advanced years LOL I have learned not to have regrets it can cause wrinkles. :wink:

Pets & Seasons were kind of neck and neck previously but this pack really has upped my game for me. And I find every pack contributes something. Well I am missing the Designer one but I'm sure it will go on sale soon. Or I will get a another survey under my belt so I can purchase. Happy Simming!
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    CoL is getting to be my favorite :) Vampires is now.

Get to Work would be my least favorite.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,409 Member
    Favourites: realm of magic, get together, seasons, discover university, jungle adventure and get to work

Least favourite : get Famous, cats and dogs, spa day

Regret: get famous. I only use bb and cas. The other least favourites have added some gameplay I use, but for get famous I haven't used any of it's features or the world.

Cottage living might end up with the favourites, it is a bit too early to tell.
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    I don't regret buying anything, I love to have all these options from having almost all the packs. The only thing I don't want is Batuu as it doesn't fit with my gameplay, I also don't own most of the kits - I only got country kitchen.
    My favorite packs are Seasons (seasons, new activities) , City Living (apartments), get together (clubs, Windenburg), Island living (aesthetics, off the grid, the world) and cottage living (animals, aesthetics), Vampires, Parenthood, Laundry day, tiny living

But I generally love everything that I have :)
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    So far my favourite is Seasons. But Cottage Living could be the new one, honestly.

My least favourite is Batuu hands down. I kinda regretted buying Home Decorator because I actually never use the furniture in it, it's just not my style, too boring and bland looking.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Favorites - Seasons and Dine Out
    Regret - Dust kit, Luxury Party. I wish I could return them
  • IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    All the packs I have are my favourite since.. well... I bought them :D . What I'm trying to say is that I don't regret buying anything because I usually do a little research before buying a pack to see if it's my cup of tea or not.

All the packs I have are great but Seasons is my most favourite. University is the second one and Snowy Escape is the third. Those are the packs I have. But one pack that I don't have and I think I'm going to enjoy as much as the ones I have is Cats & Dogs. It seems really good.
    Hp85Jmm.gif
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    It's hard to choose favorites and least favorites for me because I use the packs in such an interwoven way. I mean, if I didn't have lots of packs how would I play my archaeology loving physics student who's hoping to get abducted by aliens when he starts his scientist career so he and his vampire boyfriend can have a baby before he starts learning magic?

But I usually list Get Together (because of super-useful club system) and Snowy Escape (because Japan, skiing and rock-climbing are so close to my heart) as my top loved packs.

I don't regret buying any packs (I only buy the ones I want, and I do a lot of research first), but if I had to let one go it would probably be either Parenthood or Discover University. I don't really like gameplay features that involve a lot of repetitive grinding on a fixed schedule that you have to manage every day (like university classes and assignments) or annoying random things that interrupt my own story narrative (like the child and teen "phases" in Parenthood). Of all the packs, I think I use the central features of these two the least. So I guess those are my least favorite, even though I use other aspects of them a lot (CAS, build objects, world, other activities etc.), and I definitely don't regret buying them.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited July 2021
    I don't regret buying any pack but could have waited for a sale on 2 or 3 packs. Those are Outdoor Retreat, Bowling Stuff, and kitchen something. It's the pack that came with the ice-cream maker.

I just need a proper bowling place to put in my world and I do use a lot of items that came with the other packs.

Too many to list for favorite packs. All the packs for children/toddlers. Parenthood, City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Pets, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, all the kits, Batuu, laundry, Luxury and others.
    Post edited by BlkBarbiegal on
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • MrSimGamer112MrSimGamer112 Posts: 29 Member
    Seasons best complete game changer. I would say 2nd best University due to the amount of game play which comes with it.