Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 411 Recap - Inside Maxis 29th June, 2021

EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
edited July 2021 in Sims 411
Sul sul Simmers!

Here is a quick recap of the June 29th Sims 411. You can also hop over to @TheSims official Twitter page to catch the Sims 411 highlights video! :) Even more, you can watch the full livestream in all it's confetti glory on Twitch with @SimGuruBat and @SimGuruDuck. 🎉

Without further ado...

Hot Topics

Q: Will there be more relationship options in Create A Sim?
A: Currently, we do not have any plans around expanding families and households.
Our focus right now is on expanding gameplay possibilities, like family cooking and gardening, as well as more exciting ways for players to represent themselves. Rest assured, we hear the want for more relationship options and will keep it on our list of improvements for the future.

Q: Will the likes and dislikes system be expanded in the future?
A: We saw a very positive reaction from the community when we added new likes and dislikes to the Base Game last month. So, we definitely don’t want to stop here :) We are planning on adding new music preferences and activities as time allows!

Q: Can you give hints to easter eggs and hidden worlds?
A: This is actually a really cool idea! We've always wondered if exposing the secrets of the game takes away from your own exploration as we love seeing you all share what you recently discovered in game like swimming in Britechester or the hidden worlds in the three neighborhoods.

Still, we think your request shows there's an opportunity to balance both so stay tuned by following us on social @TheSims ! We can't say yet, but we can tell you our social media team is super excited about this idea!

Q: Will you fix the bugged black hair colors?
A: Yes! We’ve finished our initial audit of Black Hair colors and we'll update you soon on when we'll be able to release the adjusted hairs. Please bear with us on this one tough as it might take us some time, and we'd like to give you some background on why:

Once the colors for the hair styles are chosen, we use a gradient swatch to make sure the color is consistent across all hairs. This gradient swatch is manually added to each hair and “recolors” a grayscale texture. However, because each hair has a different texture and geometric shape, this can cause the colors to appear differently depending on the individual hair texture, the geometry of the actual hair model, and the lighting in the game. We cannot prove the correctness of the color until it appears in the game. When we do need to correct, we must do so one by one as every hair may need a different solution.

We’re currently working on going through the hairs again to make adjustments, and would love to hear feedback if there are particular hairs where the color looks like it may need an adjustment. With the multitude of hairs that are in the game it can take quite a bit of time to get through them all but we’ll continue to work on improving the experience.

Fun facts! Current number of hairs in game:
  • Hairs/Beards: 740
  • Eyebrows: 89

Please note: These numbers include separate models of the same style for Children, Toddlers, Teens, Adults, Elderly

Next Patch sneak peek
And now as usual, let’s take a look at what the next patch will bring to the Base Game!
The Sims x LGBTQ+ Artists
We’ve partnered with three talented artists from the LGBTQ+ community to bring their inspiring art into the game! In our June patch, you’ve already seen the amazing art piece from Jupiter aka @MidnightFox452 on Twitter and Instagram.

In the next patch update, you’ll find two new pieces from the two other artists Mohammed and Ashley inside the game. Take a look at the In Real Life images below.

Ashley Lukashepsky @Ashlukadraws

i7im1aa6cq56.png

Ashely’s piece is meant to convey the idea that our liberations are interlinked, and that we need to look out for each other.
She uses illustration and visual art as a tool to strengthen social movements for racial justice, immigrant justice, climate justice, mental health and LGBTQIA+ liberation.
Ashely thinks that in order to tear down harmful systems, we need to be able to envision a world without them. She’s trying to draw what that world looks like - and we think it looks exactly like that!

Mohammed Iman Fayaz @brohammed

an4e9lcf7elw.png

The title of this piece is ‘A Recipe for Good Times’ and is described by the artist as ‘some sweetness, some tenderness, some silliness, and some love. A recipe for good times.’
Mohammed thinks that so much of the culture around Pride is about one month, the big, the bright, the bold, the huge celebrations, but @brohammed is really interested in the softer moments. Who do we lean on, who’s in our circle, how do we care for each other in the downtime? For Mohammed, this piece is an ode to the quietness and sweetness of close friendships. We couldn’t agree more!

New Hair
This is the brand new hair we made for the next patch update. It is a modernized version of the large afro hairstyle we updated previously.

188kvwa5u9cy.png
49f00tju3m3w.png

In the next game update, Sims will be able to do more things with the family!

Cooking Together
  • Group Cooking allows you to select up to 5 sims to come together and cook a meal.
  • It allows you to gain relationships while also preparing better quality meals with more servings.
  • In addition to any Sim that is on a player’s lot, Children can also be chosen to cook with an adult! They will gain mental skill as part of doing this.
  • Sims that cook together can get a new sentiment.

t7cjjoux631i.png
qd7ihd0pk9at.png
elwosuu0eeev.png
nsihosninze1.png

Kids gardening
  • Children will be able to water, weed, plant, and harvest crops. Please note: players won’t be able to use the vertical garden from Eco Lifestyle.
  • Water is available to all Children, but weed, plant, and harvest are unlocked by Mental skill thresholds.
  • Children and Toddlers will also be able to talk to plants, just a cute social interaction.
  • Toddlers Babble or Talk depending on Communication skill.
  • Children have a few random renames of talk like “Ask how the Sun tastes”
  • TYAE Sims with enough Gardening skill can also Teach About Plants to Child Sims. A social that provides the child with Mental skill.
  • All Sims who can plant seeds (TYAE and Children with enough Mental skill) will also have a new option on gardening containers (pot, planter, patch, etc.) to “Plant…” the seeds in their inventory.

h5s5i7fv0fkl.png

Sims Sessions
If you haven't heard or read, Sims Sessions are now live - our first-ever in-game music event! Be sure to tune in to the music festival of the Summer of Sims in Magnolia Blossom Park!

We’ve been bringing new music to The Sims in Simlish since 2004, making The Sims a place for discovery In Real Life, and with Sims Sessions we want to give our players a fresh and new experience in the game!

Live now and until July 7th, Bebe Rexha, Glass Animals, and Joy Oladokun will be kicking off a limited time, intimate, in-game music festival where your Sims will be able to experience:
  • Music: A unique Simlish concert experience
  • Shopping: Buy artist themed merchandise OR run your own craft sales table
  • Festival Inspired Lounges: Camp out, sleep, nap, make friends, woohoo, use the restroom, or grab a snack!
  • Food Trucks: Experience classic festival foods in The Sims
  • Fashion: Change your outfit at the festival by putting on fits inspired by the performers
  • Party & Perform: Afterwards, go on stage and keep the party going with continued music, lights, and dancing all night long

Steps get to Sims Sessions
  1. Start a New Game or an Existing Game and wait until Sunday.
  2. At around 10:30 AM, your Sim will get a notification and ticket in their inventory.
  3. At around 12:00 - 12:30 PM, your Sim will get a phone call inviting them to the Sessions, and the ticket's "Go to Sims Sessions Venue" interaction will be available.
  4. If you don't want to wait for the phone call or ticket interaction, you can travel to Magnolia Blossom Park in Willow Creek, which will have a music icon that shows the Sessions location and time!

And don’t forget to show us your #SimsSessions festival looks on Twitter! Here’s how SimGuruBat and SimGuruDuck will be showing up:

SimGuruBat

l25sjtu7f8y0.png
d1xrsub7i6xu.png

SimGuruDuck

47it9zafao7k.png
gjf9v5k9mdvv.png
  • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
  • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
  • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
  • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Comments

• SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    The new art pieces are great, interesting to see how varied the art styles are here and the two different ways the artists show the same theme of unity and liberation. New hair looks awesome ~ Group cooking and kids gardening now is great because I've wanting some more family-oriented activities for a while, so having parents/older siblings cooking and gardening alongside the kids is pretty cute.
    they/them or she/her
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've been wanting kids' gardening since base game -- so glad to see it coming at last! And I think I'm going to have to start building larger kitchens so there's room for lots of people helping out with cooking. Now if we could just get the cupcake machine recipes added to regular ovens (I use a mod to do so but I'd rather have it be official)...
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • EehnaEehna Posts: 77 Member
    Any news about the CC chair bug?
    I read somewhere (a cc creator writing a post with an answer they got from the team) that the changes to chairs was a mistake and that you were looking in to fixing it.
    Will it come with the next update?
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Eehna wrote: »
    I read somewhere (a cc creator writing a post with an answer they got from the team) that the changes to chairs was a mistake and that you were looking in to fixing it.

Sims4studio has a batch fix for cc chairs
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • EehnaEehna Posts: 77 Member
    edited July 2021
    Eehna wrote: »

Sims4studio has a batch fix for cc chairs

I know that.

But since EA has said that they made a mistake and will change it back, I asked to find out how that's going.

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I love the new Sims Sessions stage & cool outfit. I hope they don't take away the stage & outfit on July 7th. I already have a Historical Music Festival build & have updated my Xmen's Storm sim with the cool black outfit. I have them saved in the Gallery.
  • Mread1Mread1 Posts: 7 New Member
    maxis more like uhhh
    pooxis
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Gardening for kids, yay!!

I have been waiting for this for so long :smiley:

Having a off-the-grid family will be much more fun when the kids can participate.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top