Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kit Packs Are Stuff Packs

Comments

• Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Lawnmowing! Cleaning your pool! Heating water! Just what we've all been asking for!

I'm sorry, that was a complement or sarcasm? Sorry, I can't difference it now
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Mak27 wrote: »
    I think Kits will include new story elements like grass lawnmowing, swimming pool cleaning or water heating, like in real life.

Also, kits can fill the lack of legacy items like pool tables or telescopes, not the oversized one.

About instruments, I think that can be randomly added in another pack, just like chemistry with Snowy Escape

I'd love an instrument kit!
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Lawnmowing! Cleaning your pool! Heating water! Just what we've all been asking for!

I'm sorry, that was a complement or sarcasm? Sorry, I can't difference it now

That's okay. EA seems to be unable to distinguish between them either.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited March 2021
    @Loanet wrote: »
    Nobody's said The Sims is going to end in three years.

Andrew Wilson EA CEO told about 5-year cycle. In 3 years it's the end of the 2nd cycle.

Of course there is a high probability that The Sims 4 will start a 3rd cycle because 3 years can't be "Many many more years"
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    greydonn wrote: »
    I think Kits will include new story elements like grass lawnmowing, swimming pool cleaning or water heating, like in real life.

Also, kits can fill the lack of legacy items like pool tables or telescopes, not the oversized one.

About instruments, I think that can be randomly added in another pack, just like chemistry with Snowy Escape

So would I! ❤️

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    My prediction was correct. Since Kit Packs have started being released, we haven't had a Stuff Pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited September 2021
    My prediction was correct. Since Kit Packs have started being released, we haven't had a Stuff Pack.

Yeah, that kinda sucks, especially since the last stuff pack that we got was really good (Paranormal).

Maybe these free updates will make up for it.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    They could still relase stuff packs in the future, but I also think that they will be rare now that kits have arrived.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    edited September 2021
    But they usually released SP+GP+EP

StrangerVille, Island Living, Moschino Stuff
    Realm of Magic, Discover University, Tiny Living Stuff
    Eco Lifestyle, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Star Wars: Journey To Batuu
    Snowy Escape, Paranormal Stuff, Dream Home Decorator

and suddenly Cottage Living and EP12

It reminds me the gap (17 months) between My First Pet Stuff (last SimGuruGraham SP) and Moschino Stuff (first SimGuruNinja SP).

If SimGuruNinja is in charge of the Kits, somebody else might be the producer of the Stuff Pack.
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    Kits are 1/3 of a Stuff Pack but cost HALF the price. That means you're paying more for the same amount of content you'd get with a SP. Those are FACTS.
    Naus wrote: »
    Kits are 1/3 of a Stuff Pack but cost HALF the price. That means you're paying more for the same amount of content you'd get with a SP. Those are FACTS.

No, if all kits are 1/3 of a stuff pack, then at half the price of a stuff pack you're actually paying more money to get the same amount of content. However, I would like to mention that the content you'd be getting would have more variety if you bought 2-3 kits in comparison to buying 1 stuff pack, so there's pros and cons there.

Here's another thing, kits are still in their early stages. If we're going to compare them to stuff packs, shouldn't we pick ones that were also in their early stages when they come out? It doesn't make sense to me to compare a kit with, say, Paranormal Stuff, content wise, when Spooky Stuff has a similar theme (I'd say vibe but not really) and was a much earlier pack. Early stuff packs sucked, but they got better, so who's to say the same won't happen with kits? Again, I like them as is, but if they follow a similar train of development I'll be even happier.

My brain is just not in writing mode right now so I don't know if this makes sense lol. And I can't find actual numbers for how many items were in paranormal, spooky, or any of the kits so I can't do actual number comparison and I'm not going into build mode AND cas to figure it out I'm not that dedicated to the point. I'm just saying if kits follow the way everything else has been going we should see a rise in the items we're getting.
    • She/Her.
    My brain is just not in writing mode right now so I don't know if this makes sense lol. And I can't find actual numbers for how many items were in paranormal, spooky, or any of the kits so I can't do actual number comparison and I'm not going into build mode AND cas to figure it out I'm not that dedicated to the point. I'm just saying if kits follow the way everything else has been going we should see a rise in the items we're getting.

No, it does not make sense because The Sims 4 is already 7 years old. How much time will it take for Kits to SUPPOSEDLY get to the level Stuff Packs were at? It's also worth noting, even if we compare Kits to earlier SPs like Cool Kitchen, Kits still have less content.

Cool Kitchen came with 8 hairstyles, 21 outfits, 23 objects and a gameplay object (ice cream machine). If we compare it to the first 3 Kits released (which also include a kitchen to make the comparison fairer), these came with 3 hairstyles, 19 outfits, 13 objects, 2 floor tiles and a gameplay object. That means you're paying $15 for less content than the $10 Cool Kitchen cost.

Kits are a bad deal, price-wise. No matter how bad you want to twist facts to make Kits more appealing, they simply aren't. I don't expect them to get any better either.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    It always makes me laugh when people are like “kits are too expensive! I’m not buying them!!” Guess what, EA is already expecting most of you to not buy kits. Kits focus on more niche themes and thus fewer people will buy them. Because not as many people are buying kits, EA has priced them very high so that they don’t need to sell as many copies for kits to be profitable.

That’s how TS3 Store worked as well. EA simply didn’t need many people to buy from it when everything was so expensive. A small number of players buying from the store was enough to keep it going for 5+ years, just like how EA will make kits for years to come, no matter how much people whine and cry about it.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png

No, it does not make sense because The Sims 4 is already 7 years old. How much time will it take for Kits to SUPPOSEDLY get to the level Stuff Packs were at? It's also worth noting, even if we compare Kits to earlier SPs like Cool Kitchen, Kits still have less content.

Cool Kitchen came with 8 hairstyles, 21 outfits, 23 objects and a gameplay object (ice cream machine). If we compare it to the first 3 Kits released (which also include a kitchen to make the comparison fairer), these came with 3 hairstyles, 19 outfits, 13 objects, 2 floor tiles and a gameplay object. That means you're paying $15 for less content than the $10 Cool Kitchen cost.

Kits are a bad deal, price-wise. No matter how bad you want to twist facts to make Kits more appealing, they simply aren't. I don't expect them to get any better either.

I'm not twisting any facts. I've already mentioned that you're getting less content for your money, so the only fact I mentioned aligns with your own post. Everything else I wrote is speculation and opinion. It's fine that you don't expect them to get any better, but I'm already seeing progress. Sorta.

In the Fashion Street kit we're getting 26 new items, and in the Throwback Fit kit we got 23. Three of those items are just the same hat fitted for different ages, so it's more like 21 items. That's 3-5 new items there, but on the other hand there's 22 new items shipping with the Incheon Arrivals kit which is less then in the Throwback Kit fit. Even if we go by the hat deal it's still only one more and that doesn't count for much.

I'm just being optimistic, and I get that EA and optimism don't always mesh well but it hasn't stopped me yet.
    • She/Her.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I don't care about the quantity of items in a kit/pack. I care about the quality of the items in a kit/pack.

I also don't count the number of individual fries I'm getting in my container of McDonalds french fries to make sure I'm getting the exact same amount each and every time.... :|
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2021

No, if all kits are 1/3 of a stuff pack, then at half the price of a stuff pack you're actually paying more money to get the same amount of content. However, I would like to mention that the content you'd be getting would have more variety if you bought 2-3 kits in comparison to buying 1 stuff pack, so there's pros and cons there.

Here's another thing, kits are still in their early stages. If we're going to compare them to stuff packs, shouldn't we pick ones that were also in their early stages when they come out? It doesn't make sense to me to compare a kit with, say, Paranormal Stuff, content wise, when Spooky Stuff has a similar theme (I'd say vibe but not really) and was a much earlier pack. Early stuff packs ❤️❤️❤️❤️, but they got better, so who's to say the same won't happen with kits? Again, I like them as is, but if they follow a similar train of development I'll be even happier.

I'm sorry I don't think stuff packs got better with time. That is subjective, maybe they are better to you because they eventually contained things you liked and or wanted but they have been pretty much repeats of things already in the game and let's face it, some of the gameplay objects should have come in GPs or something so they could have been fully fleshed out to have more options and more fun. Kits are what they are, it's not that they can get better, only that they will offer things you eventually want and like. They are what they are, stuff they have no idea where to put in a theme of an EP or GP. And even stuff that actually should have came in some EPs already.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    It always makes me laugh when people are like “kits are too expensive! I’m not buying them!!” Guess what, EA is already expecting most of you to not buy kits. Kits focus on more niche themes and thus fewer people will buy them. Because not as many people are buying kits, EA has priced them very high so that they don’t need to sell as many copies for kits to be profitable.

That’s how TS3 Store worked as well. EA simply didn’t need many people to buy from it when everything was so expensive. A small number of players buying from the store was enough to keep it going for 5+ years, just like how EA will make kits for years to come, no matter how much people whine and cry about it.

Almost everyone I knew on the TS3 site owned most if not all of the store. lol Except me, I think it was more like most people playing TS3 bought all of the store items it was the TS2 players who still played TS2 more than TS3 didn't buy every little thing. TS3's audience was much bigger than TS2's players hate to admit it, but true, and $29 Million in 5 years proves it wasn't just a few players keeping the store going.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    The Store was ridiculously overpriced, but you could most of it on sale (50-75% off) if you were patient and kept up with the daily deals. Back then you could also get free SimPoints watching ads, so you didn't need to pay actual money to buy things. Kits are just like any other DLC, except they're never on sale (AFAIK), so that makes them even worse than SPs or GPs in terms of pricing.

edited October 2021
    The trailers that they had for their kits are gone from the sims youtube channel...
    edited October 2021
    edited October 2021
    logion wrote: »
    The trailers that they had for their kits are gone from the sims youtube channel...

They are "unlisted" but still available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VATnhZtJJaI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VD84EMCtWs

All of their trailers for kits are unlisted, their old ones included. Kinda odd to do that, yes, people can't downvote them or say negative things about them but so many people are never watching them as a result.
    edited October 2021
    Kits are minor packs, it's same as TS3 Store content. They won't attract new players with them.

EP, GP and SP are the major products.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Unlisting the trailers is weird. Even if they do not specifically draw new players, what was the point of making them if you were just going to hide them?
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,957 Member
    edited October 2021

I’d like a small animal kit, like snakes, tarantula lizard, budgie, etc. that children can feed and play with, updating frogs and insects to this list would be great too. I’d like it to interact with the parenting pack, like my first pet does.