Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Generation Features Do You Want Most?

KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
edited February 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I'm not super pushing for this pack, so I want to know the specifics of what people are asking for.
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

What Generation Features Do You Want Most? 123 votes

Objects for babies (stroller, playmat, crib)
9%
Angel_mixgoodcakebaker62Bluelledavina1221ChadSims2SheriSim57CementcomicsforlifepermanentroseElizaG2016AzukiMochilaura_iris 12 votes
Gameplay for babies (animations, cuddles)
16%
crocobauraSamadamsPlayerluthienrisingghjdiedfoxybillyannaliese39MasonGamerloulouHearts4uBooDaBoo5OceancatSERVERFRASims_all_dayAyKooChaoCangwenGingasnap27LT24[Deleted User]AbbyBaba729Blazeclaw55 20 votes
Objects for toddlers (playpen, stroller, toys)
0%
Kulthero777 1 vote
Gameplay for toddlers (tantrums, teething, playing)
0%
Objects for kids (bikes, playground, bunkbeds)
3%
mitchiebanjoBabykittyjadeEnkiSchmidtSeashoreLivia 4 votes
Gameplay for kids (school, friends, events)
17%
WyrrenKhrisstyneSim2SporeHarukotyanSajahiadamzaidSaturn830CattyBetsywheelochRavenSpitHolidayQueenofMyshunoPreCiiousTomasGrizzlyhaisinBecka28AngeliqueAdelaideDaWaterRatShachaaimightysprite 22 votes
Objects for teens (jewelry, clothes, drums)
0%
Gameplay for teens (school, clubs, prom)
42%
alan650111AlexaiPlayerSinger2010TheSpotted_CDevSims91ToriegreydonnAquariusMomKatiardguezashcrash19NeashaleighAlwe1507papertonguewormofthebookGracieO312bixtersAmazingFacsimileJMEllis2020Markwilsontwinklestick 52 votes
Objects for elders (canes, false teeth,
4%
duhboy2u2AsitexFreezerBunnyCowplantsmilepandaRySBIOctoBinx 6 votes
Gameplay for elders (please specify)
4%
phantasmkissParmaViolet87MovottiEvaliynTTNsimmerfae_brass 6 votes

Comments

• auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I vote for all the above. :) I need the sims 4 to be more fleshed out in all life stages with objects but more importantly gameplay.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    All of the above is a MUST lol😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Actually, I want all the above, plus In-Laws, Step-Families & Half-Siblings.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    All of it.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    If so called Generations content is ever to be released I feel it needs to offer gameplay for all of the above.

I began playing the sims in the sims 3 era and love how children and childish sims are able to play tag and mess around in tree houses.

The canes and different gaits for elders is something I used a lot, however one thing that bugs me is that they can’t be utilized by any other age group but elders. Canes should be available for all!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    So hard to choose. I hope for gameplay for babies, toddlers and children and objects with new functionality for toddlers and children. I would enjoy adding things for the younger ages the most but I think all of these categories should be included in a proper generations EP.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited February 2021
    I can't choose because I'd love to have a lot of them. More clothes for teens, strollers for toddlers and bunkbeds for kids etc. Of course a lot more gameplay for everyone as well.
    For elders I'd love to have more activities that don't make them die because of exhaustion. I don't need canes or false teeth for them because Sims 4 elders don't even look very old and I don't like to play them that way. My Sim elders are active and youthful and I hate it when an athletic elder almost dies after a short moment on the treadmill.
    I don't care about anything more for babies, they're objects and I'd like them to stay that way. I always just do the necessary with them and wait for them to age up.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Everything. Elders need some cooler features than false teeth or babysitting for their golden years. They can go with their grandkids on some adventure, do some aspirations like crafting, farming, or join biker club...
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I agree with most of the other answers. The great thing about TS3 Generations is that it adds more gameplay for each lifestage. I don't care about babies in the Sims but I want more gameplay - especially meaningful events - like (but not limited to) sleepovers for kids, proms for teens, bachelor/bachelorette parties for adults and retirement parties for elders. It would also be great if parents didn't have to creepily travel around the neighbourhoods to meet all the toddlers before they can organize a playdate for their own toddler. Like a Community Center lot where you could choose the age groups of the Sims that show up or use some other qualifier like 'parents with toddlers' would be great and could be useful for many things with the right settings like 'retired elders' for a place where elders can socialize or 'children and teens' for a youth center or even 'single YA/A' for obvious reasons.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    - Objects and gameplay for kids
    - gameplay for teen and elders
    - gameplay for adults (midlife crisis)
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Gameplay for elders (please specify)
    The ability to write wills (guess adult sims can do this too), special social interactions like moan about the youth of the day, retirement homes, OAP discounts, a new walk style.

I would love more CAS for elders too. I want them to look more, well, OLD.
    giphy.gif
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited February 2021
    -would love something like slumberparties for kids, including telling each other spooky stories in the dark with the infamous "flashlight lighting up the face"
    -officially adding playground to lot types would be cool too, so kids AND toddlers would spawn there
    -DRUMS I'd just want for teens up, as a gameplay object of course....but maybe being able to form garage bands for teens would be nice
    -Bingo and bird feading for elders and maybe birds as pets
    -crawling babies and some baby toys for them to use on the ground/in a playpen
    -real strollers and toystrollers for children
    -more diverse toys for children, like a toyoven, a toybakery/shop/bank, toy racetrack asmm
    -boardgames for the whole family
    -more options for todds and kids to be mischievious/misbehaving
    -somesort of either lot type or lot trait that would only allow certain ages on the lot (like a teen hangout, a good spot for elders and so on)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    they need more separated gameplay. this life stage on ts4 doesn't smell like teen spirit. teen years are one of the most important.
    but if we get a generations pack, i'd love all of the above & more
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2021
    I suppose...
    Although None of this screams “Generations” tho.
    If Generations are the focus it, Ancestry, Legacies, setting family values & traditions, and evolving the family over time.
    It should be a pack about Family as a whole. Interactions you can have with any family member, objects and instances they can all interact with and unpack deeply.

What I want from a Generations type pack is Building dynasties, setting family Values/Aspirations/traditions creating upholding and breaking family traditions. Experience Being the odd one, disown/disinherit a family member for going against the patriarch/matriarch’s wishes/shame to the family.

A Generations Pack should be like a Get Together 2.0. Get Together was more about bringing friends together, This time it's bringing the Family Together.

I've always wanted a medieval World, Windenburg has it, but I want more of it.
    I've built some pretty cool castles, and I'd love to Place them in this World type.
    Similar Get Together's Club System, however Family clubs are always Ongoing. even when when the Family is not "currently gathered" members of the Family are expected to apply the Family Rules to their everyday lives.

Heraldry - Create/Choose your Family Crest/Coat of Arms (Club Icon). Upon creating the Household receives a Tapestry with their Coat of Arms to Hang proudly on their wall.

Family Values - Family Values are The things your Elders have ingrained in your head when they were raising you.
    Choose up to 5 Aspirations you want your sims to value as a family.
    Note: If a you choose a family member's personal aspiration and it strays from the Family Values there maybe some consequences/Cause some family drama when the family finds out you're not falling in line.

Family Activities/Forbidden Activities -Like Clubs Do's and Don'ts

Family Traditions - Family Traditions are things your sims do Annually, and things they look forward to when a Holiday is coming.

and then you could choose things like Perks, Things to build your family background, Perhaps you get bonuses when a Family member completes a Aspiration. If you are a family of occults there are certain powers to unlock
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I think it would be nice if we could get family members like grandparents, uncles, etc. to babysit while sims are away working. I would also like if family members could cook something or shower when visiting without being asked to leave. Generally, I would like more interactions between the generations, family gatherings and what not. Like maybe grandpa could send a birthday present through he mail if not invited to the birthday party, or maybe just call. Kids should be able to ride bikes with adults, or help with baking or gardening. They could do little things like decorate cakes or be able to place a limited number of seeds on the ground to germinate or water them every day. Also, we need better weddings.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    All of it.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    edited February 2021
    Objects for elders (canes, false teeth,
    I’d love to see canes and wheelchairs for elders, although yes they do have many more gameplay elements than child or younger.

Active school “career” would be really good, though.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    -would love something like slumberparties for kids, including telling each other spooky stories in the dark with the infamous "flashlight lighting up the face"
    -officially adding playground to lot types would be cool too, so kids AND toddlers would spawn there
    -DRUMS I'd just want for teens up, as a gameplay object of course....but maybe being able to form garage bands for teens would be nice
    -Bingo and bird feading for elders and maybe birds as pets
    -crawling babies and some baby toys for them to use on the ground/in a playpen
    -real strollers and toystrollers for children
    -more diverse toys for children, like a toyoven, a toybakery/shop/bank, toy racetrack asmm
    -boardgames for the whole family
    -more options for todds and kids to be mischievious/misbehaving
    -somesort of either lot type or lot trait that would only allow certain ages on the lot (like a teen hangout, a good spot for elders and so on)

This is the best answer so far and I appreciate the thoroughness of the ideas. Boardgames, toy ovens, xylophones, shape sorters, and bingo would be very cool.
  • AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    Everything...but more activities for babies will hopefully be an update and not in a pack.
    I would definitely buy Generations tho.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited February 2021
    Skateboards, soap box cart races, hopskotch (drawable everywhere in the world similarly to the seance circle), rocking horses (child+toddler), boardgames with dice... I'd like all of these, but not neccesarily in a Generations pack, in which I'm not interested.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I want body hair.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I want body hair.

I think we can ask them to add a couple of other things to the pack as well. :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I'd especially love kids to be able to garden and cast a couple of spells. New games would be fun too such as tag and hide and seek. I loved it when kids in TS2 played tag for hours :blush:
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I would welcome any additions to toddlers/children/teens. Especially more teen clothes/hair and spesific gameplay/objects. Something to make them different from adults. Babies, don't care. They are babies for 5 minutes, tops. I doubt they can add anything that would make me think they're interesting to keep around.
    Wolfium wrote: »
    Everything. Elders need some cooler features than false teeth or babysitting for their golden years. They can go with their grandkids on some adventure, do some aspirations like crafting, farming, or join biker club...

The bold part: Yes please! I might even actually PLAY elders, then! :D Whoever thought elders should only be able to sit in their rocking chair, talking about the good ol' days and play bingo? Not all elders have false teeth and walking canes. Although, some do, so don't mind them adding those things. They can do all the things adults can, so I'll just stick with adults, as long as elders don't have anything special about them.

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    All of the above. I just want deeper family connections and more stuff for all life stages to do.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel