Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Gamepack Announcement When Will It Be Made? (Announced May 20th)

Comments

• Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Assuming we are getting 2 gamepacks this year then either this week or next week. I remember similar discussions this time last year and we got no February gamepack so I am keeping my hopes low. As others have said if we do get one they do seem to follow quickly after a stuffpack. For the theme I’m hoping it’s a high school pack as they did ask us high school related questions in one of the surveys last year and going by the theme of content from surveys into packs recently it wouldn’t surprise me.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    simmietime wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    I really doubt another pack would come so soon, it's only been two weeks since Paranormal released and they haven't hinted at any upcoming packs at all. I assume they just didn't finish the anniversary update in time which is why the patch is late. Plus if there is a pack, why would they tease a pre-pack patch instead of teasing the actual pack?

There have been tight gaps like this in the past. Laundry Day Stuff, Jungle Adventure and My First Pet stuff were all released within 3 months. And in 2019 Realm of Magic got announced like a week after Moschino Stuff came out.

Who knows.

With a March 2nd release date, this pack would be released 5 weeks after Paranormal. There are 5 game packs with shorter release gaps than that.

Jungle Adventure (2 weeks from My First Pet)
    Dine Out (3 weeks from Kids Room)
    Parenthood (3 weeks from Fitness Stuff)
    Spa Day (4 weeks from Perfect Patio or Cool Kitchen)
    Realm of Magic (4 weeks from Moschino Stuff).

This all this.
  • Options
    netney52 wrote: »
    Assuming we are getting 2 gamepacks this year then either this week or next week. I remember similar discussions this time last year and we got no February gamepack so I am keeping my hopes low. As others have said if we do get one they do seem to follow quickly after a stuffpack. For the theme I’m hoping it’s a high school pack as they did ask us high school related questions in one of the surveys last year and going by the theme of content from surveys into packs recently it wouldn’t surprise me.

I think last year we didn't get 2 gamepacks cause of the pandemic. They were having to learn how to work from home.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    The pandemic started feb/March time in most places which doesn’t fit that timeline for a gamepack early 2020. I think they used last year to focus on journey to batuu for the gamepack team @catloverplayer
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Let's say it's a Dragon-related Game Pack. That alone can give us the date.

February Dragon is a novel by Colin Thiele, and was published on September 1st, 1965. September (9) + 1st (1) = 10. February 10th. Now, that's on a Wednesday. We normally get hints about packs on Mondays, then reveals on Tuesdays. But I'm pretty sure we've had reveals on Wednesdays, too. Regardless, February 10th is suspiciously close to when a pack would normally be revealed.

On an unrelated note, the author's full name has 11 letters. February 11th is my birthday. EA would know about my birthday because it's attached to my all my EA-related accounts. So they could very well be surprising me with a dragon pack for my birthday.

EDIT: The book came out in 1965. 1 + 9 + 6 + 5= 21. As in, the 21st anniversary of the Sims. The anniversary was on the 4th, but we're getting the patch 21 days later, on the 25th. It all comes together.

You related to the CEO then? ;)

Happy Birthday for the 11th February though!
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I remember similar discussions this time last year and we got no February gamepack so I am keeping my hopes low.

There is actually evidence that Journey to Batuu was originally planned as Game Pack 10, so there is a missing Game Pack 9 that we don't know about that could have been planned for January - March, 2020 but was cancelled or postponed.

qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member
    I remember similar discussions this time last year and we got no February gamepack so I am keeping my hopes low.

There is actually evidence that Journey to Batuu was originally planned as Game Pack 10, so there is a missing Game Pack 9 that we don't know about that could have been planned for January - March, 2020 but was cancelled or postponed.

Oooh, this is quite interesting... It makes sense the pandemic messing their schedule: GP09 being postponed and the Star Wars GP, since it was a "big" collab, being released as aimed.
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • Options

Interesting.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I hope they didn't cancel it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member

I know this does not necessarily mean something bad, but Batuu could have used the extra time. I do not like the themes, but it is obvious it would have been better with more time to bake. If you are going to do something at all, at least do it right.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

I need to say that "I don't want another Star Wars game pack for The Sims 4 this year".
  • Options
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

I need to say that "I don't want another Star Wars game pack for The Sims 4 this year".

I'm sure they won't do that @12JEREMIA
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

Yeah! I still want a romantic/hot date-esque game pack. Period!
  • Options

So do I and a Getaway and Hotels to go with it. We need to be able to book honeymoons again.
  • Options
    If we get a Teaser this week it will probably be on Tuesday with the trailer coming Wednesday.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited February 2021
    If we get a Teaser this week it will probably be on Tuesday with the trailer coming Wednesday.

I'm still thinking about the waterfall tweet that you linked one time in a thread. Shouldn't this coming pack be the one to fit that aesthetic? It's one of the reasons I think the upcoming GP (whenever it will come) will be Resorts/Hotels or Malls.
  • Options

I want slow dance back so bad
  • Options

I'm still thinking about the waterfall tweet that you linked one time in a thread. Shouldn't this coming pack be the one to fit that aesthetic? It's one of the reasons I think the upcoming GP (whenever it will come) will be Resorts/Hotels or Malls.

I am too. I think it will be in a hotels pack.
  • Options

I want slow dance back so bad

This and also I want the Heart Hottub from TS1 back but with waterfalls added and roses on the top.
  • Options
    No Teaser Today maybe Tomorrow.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Teaser on Tuesday and reveal on Wednesday. More evidence towards my dragon theory.

Better start picking out names for your dragons, folks.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    Teaser on Tuesday and reveal on Wednesday. More evidence towards my dragon theory.

Better start picking out names for your dragons, folks.

spark wick and amber
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Those are really cute names
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited February 2021

oh so this is why the themes in year 2020 didn't spark joy they probably skipped the one theme i was going to like oh silly EA

yes everything makes sense now

blame covid for it all

(okay joking but if next gp is romance or occult themed then theory is very much correct :lol: )
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    I don’t mean to set the cat amongst the pigeons but I don’t think trailers usually release on a Wednesday they usually realise on a Tuesday with the teaser on the Monday.