Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A curious question about werewolves

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes, but...
    I want them at some point cause i love all occults in my game but i have feeling they'll end up nerfed puppy dogs instead of awesome scary sim eating badasses they deserve to be and hence...idk

also id rather have dragons
    or new occult activities for all my occults cause those are my main interest

or existing occults fixed via updates

as for what i mean fixed in case someone is interested
    1. plantsims made lifestate instead of sickness and given gameplay like plantbabies and poison kiss and maybe something special with mother plant since we have that

2. aliens genetics fixed, linking appearance between disguise and real form being option and aliens given ability to abduct cause its silly only pollinator is allowed to

3. spellcasters spells made to last until undone, being able to choose what object your sim tries to turn other sims into and kids being able to magic. //oh and witch clothes. i know its just aesthetics but :(

4. mermaids being able to sing complete songs with that pretty voice of theirs they hardly sing two words it makes me sad

5. toggles to turn occult things off cause apparently some people keep complaining about cool stuff and it gets nerfed and if we had toggles they could just use those and let us enjoy the cool stuff
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I don't really care.
    I don't mind.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes, but...
    As long as they are done as well and as in depth as Vampires are. Spellcasters look a bit easy mode and there is no excuse for how lacking mermaids, aliens ands plantsims are. Particularly as mermaids came after Vampires and could have used a similar level system for their powers.

EDIT: And a second to being less silly than Sims 3 werewolves, although I like the idea of that being a potential flaw
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes!
    I would LOVE werewolves. I just want then to add on and off options for all occults. Also allow occults to roam all worlds.

Edit: We might also finally get body hair :|
    Post edited by Khrisstyne on
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes!
    Never been big on werewolves, but it'll be cool to have them! Hopefully I could give sims in CAS claws. I would like it if some form of lunar cycle was implemented into the game for werewolves. I also hope they wont be shoehorned into another pack. Mermaids are basically sims with fins, I wouldnt want werewolves to just be hairy sims that howl once in awhile.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes, but...
    izecson wrote: »
    When they do, I hope that they add the toggle so that the super strict realism player who bought the pack because of build buy object and cas wont complain about Werewolves until it got nerfed, just like Maxis did to Vampires.

And its not like the Build/Buy stuff is anything to write home about either, its all a bit meh, except maybe the organ (which honestly feels a little small), shower tub and toilet. And half the CAS stuff is just silly. I can understand buying a pack for one feature, but then you should be prepared to suck it up and look for mods for the stuff you don't want. Its a different thing if its the thing you bought the pack for thats broken, of course.

And people still winge about the vampires after the nerf, yet I've only had Vlad do a home invasion twice and for some reason Caleb once. I bought Vampires after the nerf.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    No!
    I could not care less about occults, they are not welcome in my game. I already dont like how aliens spawn and there is no way to prevent that.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Yes!
    When they do, I hope that they add the toggle so that the super strict realism player who bought the pack because of build buy object and cas wont complain about Werewolves until it got nerfed, just like Maxis did to Vampires.

And its not like the Build/Buy stuff is anything to write home about either, its all a bit meh, except maybe the organ (which honestly feels a little small), shower tub and toilet. And half the CAS stuff is just silly. I can understand buying a pack for one feature, but then you should be prepared to suck it up and look for mods for the stuff you don't want. Its a different thing if its the thing you bought the pack for thats broken, of course.

And people still winge about the vampires after the nerf, yet I've only had Vlad do a home invasion twice and for some reason Caleb once. I bought Vampires after the nerf.

It's the Victorian theme and new world that they were going after, usually for old era legacy games and whatnot
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    I don't really care.
    At first I was going to choose NO, but I don't have a strong opinion. I just don't know what to do with werewolves. What would even be their special skills?
    I've never been into werewolves on movies or TV series either, they bore me, but who knows, maybe Sims 4 would make them interesting somehow. I don't really care.
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Yes!
    @MasonGamer I love how in-depth you have gotten! I would LOVE werewolves if they were this detailed and tuned! :heart:

• VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Yes, but...
    Yes but I am a little wary of their execution. I hated how werewolfs looked in ts3, even though it was one of my most played occults, because the body hair in ts3 just looked sl weird and put if placed. I hope they do a better job at the body hair and have more options for players to create different kinds of werewolfs. I'd like my werewolfs to look like beasts with full on fur all over their body while others might want sometime clothes to Teen Wolf were it was more of a facial change and no added body hair. I also hope they let use create snouts cause I didn't like the underbite werewolfs had in ts3.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yes!
    Vampires is my favorite pack in 4. Definitely the best designed in my opinion. I absolutely want werewolves done in the exact same way, which I have said in other places.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Yes, but...
    I definitely am up for it, but at the same time I am so content with Vampires that I am unlikely to play as one. But yes. Definitely would like to have them.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Yes!
    I love Werewolves more than Vampires. <3
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Yes!
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Yes, 100%. But I'd like it if they added a toggle for the non-occult players, and also I want them to have a power ranking system like Spellcasters and Vampires do, not just pre-set powers like Mermaids and Aliens.

And it'd be great if they could weave in some interconnection with the vampires pack, with rivalries and such. They won't, though.

But why would you buy a pack for werewolves if you dont want them, my guess is, if they are going too bring werewolves it will be a pack with just them in it, it's the same with vampires, yet some people bought that pack not wanting vampires then ruined the gameplay for people that wanted them by complaining

Because it's apparently "unfair" to lock really cool B/B and CaS items behind a focused pack don't cha know? I mean the whole intentioned idea behind the occult specific packs is so that the people who were strict realism players, could keep their games occult free. But of course, like always the plan backfired when people brought said specialized packs because they wanted said pretty B/B and CaS items, only to then turn around and be all "waaaah! I dun want vampires in muh realistic game!! waaaaaah!" which ended up defeating the purpose of the occult focused packs, because they then got nerfed into the ground that it rendered them pointless. But hey, as long as the vocal minority is happy, I guess everything is fine /s.

Sorry, didn't mean to go on a rant there.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    Yes!

I brought vampires before the nerf and honestly, I don't get where all the complaints came from. The reports of constant break-ins? Like huh? Like what is considered a break-in to some people? The only issue I had was that there were droves of game generated NPC/townie vampires visiting my sim almost every night (without the vampire nexus lot trait) and that was it, had a number of night-time vampire neighbourhood walk-bys, Vlad only did his "tutorial/new game/save" break-in once and that was it. It was nothing nearly as drastic as some people complained it to be, like maybe it's a different ratio per game, but from what I saw the "unwanted" vampire activity was almost none.
    The "abundance" of vampire activity was so tame, at least in my game, I didn't even register that vampires had been nerfed until I noticed that Vlad only showed up for the tutorial and that was it, if he even showed up at all in some saves. The only time he or any of the other vampire NPC's/townies showed up was when they'd "research" vampires on the computer. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes, but...
    .. add a toggle, I want to choose when they are to show up in the world for different saves. I also do not want the weird beasts from american horror movies, not that I think that will be added to a child's game. I liked the cute interactions in TS3, but also that the werewolves could fight.

If a toggle is added for vampires I will buy that pack. I do not want vampires spawning; I as the player should be in charge of when and where they show up.
    I also find the interactions creepy and disgusting and associative of something I probably couldn't even post here without having the word being made into icons of some sort.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes!
    Werewolves aren't a big thing for me, but I think it would be cool if fans could have the sort of fun that I have had with the vampires. They're long overdue, and those werewolf fans have been more than patient. At this stage of The Sims 4's life cycle the concern is that we may not get them. The anti-occult lobby is pretty powerful in this community, particularly with Game Changers and other assorted YouTubers among their ranks. It would be terribly unfair if said werewolves were not to materialize.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Yes, but...
    Yes, I want werewolves in my game. I want them to be done in a way similar to vampires. TS4 vampires are freaking awesome!

But! Each and every occult type needs a toggle, because not everyone wants them in every game.
    We also need to be able to toggle off random occults. There are times when a player only wants the occults they personally create to be in their game.

Perhaps a toggle with 4 settings for each occult type.

1. occult heavy (kinda what the game is like now)
    2. occult light (only one grand occult of that type, plus those created by the player)
    3. creator only (only allowing the occults you create)
    4. occult off (no occults of that type allowed, you can't even create them in that save)
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I don't really care.
    I don't really care personally, I never played with them in Sims 2 or 3 either, but I know others want them so I certainly am not against them being made. Who knows, they may make them in a way I will use this time.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Yes!
    Yes, 100%. But I'd like it if they added a toggle for the non-occult players, and also I want them to have a power ranking system like Spellcasters and Vampires do, not just pre-set powers like Mermaids and Aliens.

And it'd be great if they could weave in some interconnection with the vampires pack, with rivalries and such. They won't, though.

But why would you buy a pack for werewolves if you dont want them, my guess is, if they are going too bring werewolves it will be a pack with just them in it, it's the same with vampires, yet some people bought that pack not wanting vampires then ruined the gameplay for people that wanted them by complaining

Because it's apparently "unfair" to lock really cool B/B and CaS items behind a focused pack don't cha know? I mean the whole intentioned idea behind the occult specific packs is so that the people who were strict realism players, could keep their games occult free. But of course, like always the plan backfired when people brought said specialized packs because they wanted said pretty B/B and CaS items, only to then turn around and be all "waaaah! I dun want vampires in muh realistic game!! waaaaaah!" which ended up defeating the purpose of the occult focused packs, because they then got nerfed into the ground that it rendered them pointless. But hey, as long as the vocal minority is happy, I guess everything is fine /s.

This is funny :D
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes, but...
    @MasonGamer wow you really thought this through!!!😱😱😱😱 I love it
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited November 2020
    I don't really care.

Makes me rant too, I'm still sour about this 🤣, its titled vampires, what did they expect too be in it lol, buying a game pack or expansion packs just for items and cas is rather expensive, that's what stuff packs are for
    Yes!

This is funny :D

I had a certain gamechanger in mind when I wrote it. XD Can you guess?
    Yes!

Makes me rant too, I'm still sour about this 🤣, its titled vampires, what did they expect too be in it lol, buying a game pack or expansion packs just for items and cas is rather expensive, that's what stuff packs are for

It is indeed tilting, like the occult state is separated from an Expansion Pack so they could be fleshed out and optional, but because some people have nos effing self-control we still end up with people complaining about having Vampires in their game when they paid for it as a feature. Honestly makes me wish the Guru's had ignored the people who had complained.